IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

I wasn't aware that purebred Bengals were a thing--I'd always thought Bengals were not a breed proper but a hybrid of a domestic cat and a wildcat. (Because of this, they're not legal to own in my state. Boo!) Bengal breeders definitely exist, but how they calculate that ~pure~ Bengal blood is a mystery to me.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have people read Amy's new blog entry? Wasn't sure if there was a thread devoted just to the blog, which is written in serious SDRT style (even though she went to school) and in COMIC SANS. The newest entry is on cyber bullying. It's a lot of self-pity and then wise uplifting words for her followers to eat up, basically that you should pray before you log in to your social media accounts. Who has to log in to their social media accounts each time, that shit is all permanently logged in on my phone.

Also, total judgey makeup thing but in her video I noticed how weirdly far apart her eyebrows are. She's still super pretty, but girl fill those in!

Also, total judgey makeup thing but in her video I noticed how weirdly far apart her eyebrows are. She's still super pretty, but girl fill those in!

Every time I see Amy's brows I imagine myself shaping and filling them in properly. Same as Jill and Jessa's. Jinger's, however, are very good.

About the cat, I prefer good 'ol fashioned alley cats like my feline headship. There are so many out there that need good homes.

22 minutes ago, BackseatMom said:

..what happened to buy used and save the difference? Pedigreed cats don't sound very Duggar.

But Famy isn't a Duggar. Yes, she is! No, she isn't! I mean, um...

(And my DSH, domestic short hair, agrees. Alley cats rule.)

4 hours ago, freethemall said:

Have people read Amy's new blog entry? Wasn't sure if there was a thread devoted just to the blog, which is written in serious SDRT style (even though she went to school) and in COMIC SANS. The newest entry is on cyber bullying. It's a lot of self-pity and then wise uplifting words for her followers to eat up, basically that you should pray before you log in to your social media accounts. Who has to log in to their social media accounts each time, that shit is all permanently logged in on my phone.

Man, I'm no wordsmith but that blog post could have been whittled down to about 50 words... tops. She keeps going on and on and on... and, mostly making the same point repeatedly. :my_confused:

9 hours ago, BackseatMom said:

..what happened to buy used and save the difference? Pedigreed cats don't sound very Duggar.

Adopted cats carry the sins of their parents. Do you want the product of some feline harlot or the blessed kitten borne of a loving marriage between two purebred cats who literally only exist to procreate?

On 10 December 2015 at 8:15 AM, nickelodeon said:

I wasn't aware that purebred Bengals were a thing--I'd always thought Bengals were not a breed proper but a hybrid of a domestic cat and a wildcat. (Because of this, they're not legal to own in my state. Boo!) Bengal breeders definitely exist, but how they calculate that ~pure~ Bengal blood is a mystery to me.

Bengals are usually 4 generations or more removed from a crossbred asian leopard cat and a domestic shorthaired cat (usually burmese). So a Bengal that is 3 or more generations of pure bengal (bengal x bengal), then its considered a purebred bengal. Bengal's have been bred since the 1980s, so there are definite "purebred" bengals, like there are purebred spoodles, labradoodles etc recognised now. 

Other domestic/wild cat crosses are more wild, like Savannahs (usually has one wild cat parent) and they are illegal in many places (including Australia where we are). 

I have two bengals, and one bengal headship, Harry (the gold) and a fellow helpmeet (lily, the snow). feel free to follow them on instagram @harryTheBondiBengal :my_angel:

IMG_2357.JPG

IMG_7051.JPG

I'm not usually a cat person, but those are seriously beautiful cats. I didn't know anything about Bengals so thanks for the info. Or realised they mixed big cats with domestic cats. I have reblogged a gold cat with gorgeous green eyes on tumblr so many times, just like your guy.

12 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

Every time I see Amy's brows I imagine myself shaping and filling them in properly. Same as Jill and Jessa's. Jinger's, however, are very good.

Really? Jingers bother me too - no arch at all.

10 minutes ago, freethemall said:
12 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:
12 hours ago, actuallyjessica said: Every time I see Amy's brows I imagine myself shaping and filling them in properly. Same as Jill and Jessa's. Jinger's, however, are very good.

In comparison to her sisters, they are good! Hahaha. I was admiring how put together her makeup was on the TH specials since I last saw her on 19k&c.

vlcsnap-2015-12-17-23h38m18s823.png

vlcsnap-2015-12-17-23h39m33s971.png

vlcsnap-2015-12-17-23h40m01s122.png

6 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

In comparison to her sisters, they are good! Hahaha. I was admiring how put together her makeup was on the TH specials since I last saw her on 19k&c. The other girls left a lot to be desired...

I find Jingers makeup too caked on, and her infantilizing hairdos (like that dumb side ponytail) mismatched.

Joy has become the real beauty of the bunch, and much more natural. Jessa could be  beautiful if she wasn't such a smug bitch.

59 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

I'm not usually a cat person, but those are seriously beautiful cats. I didn't know anything about Bengals so thanks for the info. Or realised they mixed big cats with domestic cats. I have reblogged a gold cat with gorgeous green eyes on tumblr so many times, just like your guy.

I'm 100% a dog person, but am a corporate lawyer and not home enough for a dog. bengals are the ultimate dog-cat - independent, but bond like a dog, come when you call, go outside on walks (on a leash or without), love swimming, play fetch for hours, and can learn tricks and obedience stuff. a dog in cats clothing.

they're the best of both worlds for this dog person! And would likely suit Amy's lifestyle...

I wonder if the Duggar girls even tweeze or wax their brows? (It's clear Jill doesn't)

I must be the only person that doesn't hate Jinger's make up all the time. It's the spray tan she needs to lay off. 

16 hours ago, freethemall said:

My first thought was, which FJer called Amy fat? She's not fat. Fake, well, we know how "fake" reality shows are. Ugly, well, depends on your definition, but I see nothing ugly about her, though I don't agree with everything she chooses to wear. Attention whore, yeah I know that's why she's referred to as "Famy".

But about praying before logging in(or maybe before turning her phone on), she says that helps her; and realizes that it can seem like a "Sunday school answer". I wouldn't blame her if she DID take down all her social medias; she did that with Facebook, right?

3 hours ago, InThePrayerCloset said:

Bengals are usually 4 generations or more removed from a crossbred asian leopard cat and a domestic shorthaired cat (usually burmese). So a Bengal that is 3 or more generations of pure bengal (bengal x bengal), then its considered a purebred bengal. Bengal's have been bred since the 1980s, so there are definite "purebred" bengals, like there are purebred spoodles, labradoodles etc recognised now. 

Other domestic/wild cat crosses are more wild, like Savannahs (usually has one wild cat parent) and they are illegal in many places (including Australia where we are). 

I have two bengals, and one bengal headship, Harry (the gold) and a fellow helpmeet (lily, the snow). feel free to follow them on instagram @harryTheBondiBengal :my_angel:

IMG_2357.JPG

IMG_7051.JPG

When the stress of work gets to me I head to Instagram knowing I can see relaxing pictures of these beautiful babies :my_smile:

4 hours ago, InThePrayerCloset said:

I'm 100% a dog person, but am a corporate lawyer and not home enough for a dog. bengals are the ultimate dog-cat - independent, but bond like a dog, come when you call, go outside on walks (on a leash or without), love swimming, play fetch for hours, and can learn tricks and obedience stuff. a dog in cats clothing.

they're the best of both worlds for this dog person! And would likely suit Amy's lifestyle...

That sounds like exactly the sort of pet I want. I'm a total dog lover, but I also love cats' independence and ability to poop indoors. And ability to live in smaller quarters. I'd love to get a Bengal if that's what they're like, but I'd try to find one via a rescue org. Though knowing me I'll probably end up adopting a random stray like I almost did back when I lived in China (I was only living there temporarily, so I couldn't take the cat -- another resident of my complex did, though).

8 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

In comparison to her sisters, they are good! Hahaha. I was admiring how put together her makeup was on the TH specials since I last saw her on 19k&c.

vlcsnap-2015-12-17-23h38m18s823.png

vlcsnap-2015-12-17-23h39m33s971.png

vlcsnap-2015-12-17-23h40m01s122.png

Some people just don't have much of an arch (me for sure!)

You don't need a whole list to pick out a name for a kitten. Those things just come to you.

That being said I've had cats call Muffin, Crumpet and Toast...

Baby names - can't say I'll ever have to worry about that, but it's a big deal.

10 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I wonder if the Duggar girls even tweeze or wax their brows? (It's clear Jill doesn't)

I must be the only person that doesn't hate Jinger's make up all the time. It's the spray tan she needs to lay off. 

Oh they definitely tweeze/wax...those shapes are too awful to be natural. If it wouldn't be so creepy and if I were willing to spend money on those people (other than donating to Planned Parenthood  in their name, *cough*), I'd send Jessa one of those kits that come with stencils  and stuff so she can fix those brows. Unless brows shouldn't happen to pretty people.

Jana has pretty good eyebrows. They are nice and arched. Sometimes you can wax eyebrows so they can get an arch, or if your eyebrows are thick enough you can thread them. I'm not sure if straight eyebrows are a dominant or recessive trait but most of the Duggars seem to lack an arch in their brows. 

I have a Bengal as well. 18 lbs of pure muscle, can get on and into anything. Our vet upon meeting him for the first time did not mince words, with her first introduction to us being, "wow, that's a big ass cat!" He is also the most easily frightened cat I know!

20151109_160922.jpg

2 hours ago, graciebeth said:

I have a Bengal as well. 18 lbs of pure muscle, can get on and into anything. Our vet upon meeting him for the first time did not mince words, with her first introduction to us being, "wow, that's a big ass cat!" He is also the most easily frightened cat I know!

20151109_160922.jpg

awww what a gorgeous man! 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived