IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

Don't the pregnancy tests instructions tell when it is best to test? (It's been 26 years since the last time I took one, and they were a lot less sensitive than today, but I remember back then the instructions said to wait until you were at least 5 or 6 days late.)

Also, did Michelle actually track her ovulation on a calendar on the fridge or was she just tracking her periods? I mean, what would be the point of her tracking ovulation since she and JB are at it like rabbits all the time? Tracking the periods would tell her if she might be pregnant, and it sounds as if that was why the older girls were watching it.

As someone who experienced infertility (which the Duggars clearly have not, but they test like they have), despite knowing when you are likely to get a positive, it is so hard to not just test test test and hope for that second line. I did IVF, I clearly knew when those embryos went in and when was way too early to test. I waited until the very first day I could have possibly gotten a positive and tested. It was way before I would have expected a period (ya know, had I gotten those!). They seem to pg test like an infertile in that they are DESPERATE to know each month if they're knocked up.

You can actually buy super cheap tests on amazon in bulk. So I'm guessing they do that.

Also as a former infertile, I did that. Those dip sticks are less than .50 a piece! I bought like a 100 pack and got pregnant on my first IVF cycle (which, granted was after 4 IUIs).

Maybe she meant the version of SJP  in Footloose? lol The dancing girl in the midst of the crazy anti-dance fundies.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone who experienced infertility (which the Duggars clearly have not, but they test like they have), despite knowing when you are likely to get a positive, it is so hard to not just test test test and hope for that second line. I did IVF, I clearly knew when those embryos went in and when was way too early to test. I waited until the very first day I could have possibly gotten a positive and tested. It was way before I would have expected a period (ya know, had I gotten those!). They seem to pg test like an infertile in that they are DESPERATE to know each month if they're knocked up.

Also as a former infertile, I did that. Those dip sticks are less than .50 a piece! I bought like a 100 pack and got pregnant on my first IVF cycle (which, granted was after 4 IUIs).

Maybe she meant the version of SJP  in Footloose? lol The dancing girl in the midst of the crazy anti-dance fundies.

I used the cheapy OPKs from amazon when I was trying to get pregnant (hooray for irregular cycles!) Actually, I still use them now so I can have a 2-week 'heads up for my period arriving. Otherwise, I'd have no idea. Could be on cycle day 25. Could be on cycle day 65. So annoying.

I used the cheapy OPKs from amazon when I was trying to get pregnant (hooray for irregular cycles!) Actually, I still use them now so I can have a 2-week 'heads up for my period arriving. Otherwise, I'd have no idea. Could be on cycle day 25. Could be on cycle day 65. So annoying.

Ok how do they help you figure out when your period is arriving?  I'm so tired of :pow:here's your period.

Ok how do they help you figure out when your period is arriving?  I'm so tired of :pow:here's your period.

They're ovulation predictor kits.  The follicular phase can vary from cycle to cycle.  That's the time between your period and ovulation.  After ovulation you're in the luteal phase which is pretty fixed (normal is between 12-16 days).  Once you figure out when you're about to ovulate you can reasonably predict when your next period is due.  Say your shortest cycle is 28 days with a luteal phase of 14 days, you would start testing around day 10 or 11 til you detect a surge.  If your cycle varies by a week you would continue to test for a week til you see a surge in which case you know you'll be ovulating within 24 - 48 hours, then just add your 2 weeks and you can expect AF.  All this knowledge a benefit of going through infertility for 2 years!

They're ovulation predictor kits.  The follicular phase can vary from cycle to cycle.  That's the time between your period and ovulation.  After ovulation you're in the luteal phase which is pretty fixed (normal is between 12-16 days).  Once you figure out when you're about to ovulate you can reasonably predict when your next period is due.  Say your shortest cycle is 28 days with a luteal phase of 14 days, you would start testing around day 10 or 11 til you detect a surge.  If your cycle varies by a week you would continue to test for a week til you see a surge in which case you know you'll be ovulating within 24 - 48 hours, then just add your 2 weeks and you can expect AF.  All this knowledge a benefit of going through infertility for 2 years!

Back in the dark ages (1980s) we kept track of ovulation with a basal thermometer.  (Infertile also, but lucked out and conceived with Clomid.)

Yep...all of this.

I have ovulated anywhere from cycle day 13 to cycle day 49. So I've gone through a lot of tests. I combine it with basal body temp but I'm pretty awful and remembering to do that a lot of days so it's not super helpful. My luteal phase is typically 10-12 days so that's the 'warning' I get for my period. I can never pin point the exact day but it's nice to have a couple day window rather than weeks and weeks of wondering.

Apparently i am supposed to be thankful for my cramps the day of my ovulation. And for the terrible cramps i get exactly 8 days before my period starts to 3 days during it.

It is not fair, why can guys just orgasm and make a baby and we have to get stuck with this for years before we even want to have kids? :my_angry: Nature is sexist

Amy just posted a pic on her IG of her and Anna.  Accompanied by the line that any negative comments will be deleted. I think Anna looks great. This is the first time Anna is being put in the spotlight like this since Joshgate 2.0 IIRC. Perhaps Amy amd Anna do get along in a sincere way after all and Anna is being helped by Amy to get out in the open again? 

Pffft. I wonder if Mrs. Pickle King has ever considered that the best way to be loving and considerate toward Anna, along with the rest of the Duggars, would be by not making passive-aggressive comments about their family to the press? And I would agree, the way she worded this caption makes the assumption that people will post ugly things about Anna's appearance, when that's likely not the case.

I don't think any Duggar or Duggar-by-association ever thinks before they speak.

I kind of love that she's watching these. Especially since the CMT awards apparently mocked Josh.

Dillion posted this from the CMA's:  (This is a little clip he posted.  Not sure if there was more to their song.)

He must really hate Josh!

He posted (then deleted, apparently) the clip of them singing and making fun of Josh.

Guess Amy won't be on any of those specials. :pb_lol:

I just looked on Amy's instagram page to see if she has posted congratulations to Jessa and Ben - she hasn't, so maybe she's just busy getting together some more wedding photos to post instead, or maybe she's just out having a busy day and told grandma to wish them well from her.  Anyway, I then clicked in the link to their dillandduggs page and there's nothing there either.  I was struck by the caption on the page - pretty weird for a newly wed couple, I reckon. Life's not easy?  

image.jpg

I just looked on Amy's instagram page to see if she has posted congratulations to Jessa and Ben - she hasn't, so maybe she's just busy getting together some more wedding photos to post instead, or maybe she's just out having a busy day and told grandma to wish them well from her.  Anyway, I then clicked in the link to their dillandduggs page and there's nothing there either.  I was struck by the caption on the page - pretty weird for a newly wed couple, I reckon. Life's not easy?  

image.jpg

Cousin Jamie comin' at ya! Tuesdays at 9!

...Jamie, we already said no.

Oh, come on!

ummm, I don't get it?  

There is a parody called Kid Farm. There are a bunch of episodes on youtube. I have actually only seen a couple. I need to watch the rest though. They are pretty good.

Here's the pilot... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnSBIMfmv7I

Here's one that has cousin Jamie wanting a t.v. show (she probably says it in a lot but this one I know for sure has it)  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUmP9oF_S9k

Two totally unremarkable people in their late 20s from Arkansas with no particular talents, activities, or interesting backstories get married! Wow! Tune in next time for more wacky adventures - what will these two crazy kids do next? Grocery shopping? Buying a new car? Arguing about what to watch on Netflix? The zaniness just never stops! "I'm Cousin Amy, the former Duggar who's sooooo glad to no longer be a Duggar (but did I mention I was a Duggar)! Life's not easy, but ya'll can make MY life a lot easier by helping me make a living off social media so that I never have to actually work! lolz!"

There is a parody called Kid Farm. There are a bunch of episodes on youtube. I have actually only seen a couple. I need to watch the rest though. They are pretty good.

Here's the pilot... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnSBIMfmv7I

Here's one that has cousin Jamie wanting a t.v. show (she probably says it in a lot but this one I know for sure has it)  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUmP9oF_S9k

Thanks :)   I've seen a few of them, and they are good.  I don't think I've seen any with cousin Jamie, I'll watch that.

Two totally unremarkable people in their late 20s from Arkansas with no particular talents, activities, or interesting backstories get married! Wow! Tune in next time for more wacky adventures - what will these two crazy kids do next? Grocery shopping? Buying a new car? Arguing about what to watch on Netflix? The zaniness just never stops! "I'm Cousin Amy, the former Duggar who's sooooo glad to no longer be a Duggar (but did I mention I was a Duggar)! Life's not easy, but ya'll can make MY life a lot easier by helping me make a living off social media so that I never have to actually work! lolz!"

lol, you've got them down pat, S cubed.   These two deserve some fame, particularly after how unfairly they were treated when TLC pulled the plug on filming their wedding (sarcasm!).  Amy certainly is trying hard, with her # shops I bought my clothes at instagram posts.  

After all of her wedding drama, i am so done with amy. She acts like a 14 year old girl. Seriously, she is every little spoiled teenage girl on instagram. I sometimes forget she is a grown ass 29 year old married woman.

The total lack of a 'congratulations' post on social media is a big FU to the Duggars. She just uses them for her own gain.

Amy's butthurt attitude when she announced to the world that TLC had cruelly decided not to film her wedding was ridiculous. Jill and Jessa at least pretend not to care when they get snubbed. Pretty bad when your brainwashed fundie cousins have more grace and common sense than you do.

• 1 month later...

Amy's blog. Ohh emm gee y'all is right. I think I'm actually dumber now just from reading it.

And she's "Thinking about baby names...."

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived