IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

But jfc, Amy is so obnoxious. Who runs to the press with a story like that?

I often wonder if it goes both ways. Some of these rag mags might be hounding her for dirt. I also wonder how much $he get$ for the$e random quote$.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The older cousins wouldn't ask her that. They probably already know she was having sex before she got married. :lol:

I'm going to hope that the older cousins know better at this point than to ask that question of anyone outside their immediate circle. They know that Amy isn't quiverful.

But jfc, Amy is so obnoxious. Who runs to the press with a story like that?

But if she's talking about Josie and the Lost Girls (that sounds like a great band name) then she's criticizing children for not understanding that there are many different ways to live/raise a family/different belief systems. And that would be super shitty of her. Outside of the camera crew the littles especially don't have exposure to anything but the Quiverfull lifestyle. And it's normal even for kids who have been exposed to various people and cultures to not understand that other families are different than theirs.

Amy really needs to shut up though. If she is as close to Anna and cares about her as much as she claims she wouldn't be talking about how Anna is handling everything.

ETA: I know the family travels around a lot but it's not like they'd actually learn about other cultures.

...she's talking about Josie and the Lost Girls (that sounds like a great band name)...

:lol: Hilarious! Seriously if they ever break free - this would be an awesome band name for them!

I wonder if J'chelle asks Amy if she's joyfully submitting to her Pickle King obediently every day? lol

I wonder if J'chelle asks Amy if she's joyfully submitting to her Pickle King obediently every day? lol

If any of my relatives ever asked about my sex life, I'd be horrified!!! Why's it their business??? Just proves the point (assuming this happened, which who knows, but wouldn't surprise me), that they are OBSESSESSED with people's sex lives, gross.

If any of my relatives ever asked about my sex life, I'd be horrified!!! Why's it their business??? Just proves the point (assuming this happened, which who knows, but wouldn't surprise me), that they are OBSESSESSED with people's sex lives, gross.

And the logic of it makes no goddamn sense. Letting your husband dry-hump you in front of your future son-in-law and letting your daughters know when you're ovulating and giving your son a fairly graphic (yet bumbling) sex talk on live television is good clean Christian modesty, but wearing a strapless dress or showing your knees is proof you're a shameless hussy.

My sex life is between me and my husband....end of discussion. It is not up for discussion, especially family. That's crossing the line.

I often wonder if it goes both ways. Some of these rag mags might be hounding her for dirt. I also wonder how much $he get$ for the$e random quote$.

As far as I can tell, most of the Josh and Anna "news" since Josh went into rehab has come from speculations on Freejinger, information from an "insider" who may not exist, and quotes from Amy.

And I love how the headline is about Anna but the picture and the bulk of the article are about Amy.

I would not be surprised if the older girls in the Duggar family asked Amy about being pregnant.

Remember, we're talking about people who have been extremely sheltered and intentionally kept under-educated and ignorant. In their family, the idea that women have any purpose in life except spitting out babies is not up for debate, it's just the reality of their tiny ignorant world. They probably barely even understand that birth control is an option. They have likely never been exposed to anyone who said to them that choosing to wait to have kids is a reasonable choice. If they do understand that not having babies constantly is an option, well, it's still a horrible sin.

I still hold out hope that some of them will actually wake up from the Quiverfull cult once they get out on their own and start to be exposed to the full range of what reality has to offer. For some of them, finding freedom may just be a matter of learning that their dad's viewpoint is not the only way to see the world.

If this were any other family, I would assume that the little girls were the ones to ask Amy about being pregnant. But didn't Jill take a pregnancy test at the Tinker Toy House after her period was late? Michelle literally stocks them in the bathroom and lets people help themselves, it wouldn't surprise me at all if she corners all of her married children as soon as they walk in the door. I can just picture Michelle looking wild-eyed and demanding, "Are you pregnant? Has it happened yet? Go test so we can seeeee!"

If this were any other family, I would assume that the little girls were the ones to ask Amy about being pregnant. But didn't Jill take a pregnancy test at the Tinker Toy House after her period was late? Michelle literally stocks them in the bathroom and lets people help themselves, it wouldn't surprise me at all if she corners all of her married children as soon as they walk in the door. I can just picture Michelle looking wild-eyed and demanding, "Are you pregnant? Has it happened yet? Go test so we can seeeee!"

Plus, the older girls started harassing Anna right after her honeymoon, asking constantly if she was pregnant yet. I'd like to think they've matured since then, especially when dealing with people who don't live their lifestyle, but the Duggars have proven to be stubbornly immune to learning.

Plus, the older girls started harassing Anna right after her honeymoon, asking constantly if she was pregnant yet. I'd like to think they've matured since then, especially when dealing with people who don't live their lifestyle, but the Duggars have proven to be stubbornly immune to learning.

I was hoping they'd learn based off of Anna and Jessa taking a few months to get pregnant.

Plus, the older girls started harassing Anna right after her honeymoon, asking constantly if she was pregnant yet. I'd like to think they've matured since then, especially when dealing with people who don't live their lifestyle, but the Duggars have proven to be stubbornly immune to learning.[/quote

I don't remember that ... anyone else?

And the logic of it makes no goddamn sense. Letting your husband dry-hump you in front of your future son-in-law and letting your daughters know when you're ovulating and giving your son a fairly graphic (yet bumbling) sex talk on live television is good clean Christian modesty, but wearing a strapless dress or showing your knees is proof you're a shameless hussy.

Not to mention having pregnancy tests by the dozen laying around.... you know, just for kicks.... some (regular, normal, vanilla) people keep a basket of candy around...

I don't remember that ... anyone else?

It was when the pregnancy was announced on the show, and Anna was saying how she kept taking pregnancy tests since after her honeymoon and being disappointed when they were negative.She mentioned how Josh's sisters would regularly ask if she was pregnant yet. The whole thing was played as this cute family thing but all I could think was how obnoxious they all were.

Anna has always confused me with the pregnancy tests. She seems to take them willy nilly on any day of the month and then wonder why she isn't pregnant or it isn't showing positive yet. Do these girls know nothing about their bodies except to spit out children? I never wondered if I were pregnant until a period was late or missed. I get the impression (just my impression) that she equated sex with pregnancy so if she and Mr. Pig had sex then she took a pregnancy test. They do not seem to completely understand the logistics of their cycle. They know their mother's cycle but not their own. That in itself is very very warped.

I did feel sorry to some extent for her with her first pregnancy. She was extremely stressed about getting a positive pregnancy test and seemed to act more ashamed with each negative test. Good grief enjoy some time with your new husband or your new sense of being an adult. :angry-banghead:

edited as my spelling is terrible

I always thought it was weird the way they took pregnancy tests at random times of the month. So freaking bizarre. And sad.

I always thought it was weird the way they took pregnancy tests at random times of the month. So freaking bizarre. And sad.

Seriously. It's like they don't even understand when it makes sence to take a pregnancy test and when it doesn't. Which, come to think of it, they probably don't.

And yet other people on FJ will assure you that these women all obsessively track their cycles and to ensure that they can get pregnant as quickly as possible. I guess no one really knows.

I've always thought of it more as they track their periods but they might not necessarily know to track when they're ovulating or other things since they likely don't have much of a sex ed class at the sotdrt beyond probably being told that because they're women they're cursed with bleeding once a month.

We will never know, unless someone writes a tell all book :lol:

But I think there is a difference between Anna and the older Duggar girls. I wouldn't be surprised if Anna didn't know much about female cycles ans all that when she got married. The J´slaves on the other hand had a mother addicted to pregnacies and new borns who kept her fertilitychard on the family-fridge :pink-shock:

They knew!

But they probably still asked Anna all the time.

Was there ever actually a source for this idea that the girls tracked their mother's cycle? I thought that was just a misunderstanding of them saying one time that they told her to take a pregnancy test because they thought it was about time for her to be pregnant. I interpreted that more as them knowing how many months after a new baby she tends to get pregnant again, rather than them actually tracking her ovulation.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived