IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

about the affair-proofing marriage thing...I was thinking that this is from a family who puts "safeguards" in their home expecting all their male children to be potential future molesters...then I realized this is worldy heathenly Amy...

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My engagement sadly (understatement) ended on Monday, so I don't have to worry about these things anymore... Needless to say, I'd give anything to be dealing with the daunting bull shit of wedding planning again. [CRYING FACE][bROKEN HEART]

I'm so sorry. It's trite but having my heart broken before the only thing that made it better was time. And keeping busy.

Happily married now (to someone else!) with a gorgeous Bub so it does get better. I do sometimes think about the guy who broke my heart (we had been together 3 years) and I remember that feeling of utter devastation and being unable to breathe. It's horrible. I'm so sorry.

good God, how insecure do you have to be to be interested in a book called The Affair-Proof Marriage only 3 weeks after your wedding?

Agreed.

What makes the Affair-Proof Marriage post even more strange for me is that Amy and Dillon broke up for a while, supposedly because Amy cheated on Dillon, right?

All this talk about weddings, what we expect, what we've experienced, what we like/dislike, what is typical. I think weddings are a VERY personal matter. While they may have historically been handled in a somewhat conformed manner, I think that with all the changes in our society and culture in recent years, there needs to be a general tolerance for whatever the marrying couple prefers for their wedding, regardless of one's own preferences or expectations (which should not be projected onto the couple). From "trash the dress" photos, to icecream sundaes instead of cake, to finger foods vs. full meals, to themed weddings, to...whatever!...it's about THEM, not about us. This thread has made me realize that, going forward, I will purpose to be tolerant of the marrying couple's vision for what makes their day perfect. It's a bit like naming your child. Others may think, "Yuck. I hate that name. Why would they want to name their baby Lemony Snicket?", and yet you LOVE the name Lemony Snicket. It's about what YOU love, not what others think you should love.

Agreed.

What makes the Affair-Proof Marriage post even more strange for me is that Amy and Dillon broke up for a while, supposedly because Amy cheated on Dillon, right?

Was that confirmed or is it just a rumor that won't die? It might be why she thinks they need that book so early in their marriage. It's sickening because it looks like even fundie-light Amy blames the wife for a cheating husband.

Was that confirmed or is it just a rumor that won't die? It might be why she thinks they need that book so early in their marriage. It's sickening because it looks like even fundie-light Amy blames the wife for a cheating husband.

No details have come out. I believe he accused her of cheating on Instagram and they broke up temporarily. I don't know how they define cheating.

Well if they're anything like Amy's famous cousins, they think an impure thought about someone you're not in a formal relationship with is cheating right?

Oh those pieces of my heart I've left scattered in several countries....

:wink-kitty:

So now that they're back from their honeymoon (although the honeymoon's not over as their marriage is apparently affair-proof now), and Dill Pickle has gone back to work, has anyone worked out what Amy is going to do all day apart from online shop for dresses and boots and post photos on instagram?

Totally off track, but I just saw the photo of them on a motorbike. Wearing helmets is law where I live, isn't it law in the USA? Heck, we have to wear them even on bicycles.

Totally off track, but I just saw the photo of them on a motorbike. Wearing helmets is law where I live, isn't it law in the USA? Heck, we have to wear them even on bicycles.

Depends on which state you live in. Most states have some kind of law requiring them, though.

So now that they're back from their honeymoon (although the honeymoon's not over as their marriage is apparently affair-proof now), and Dill Pickle has gone back to work, has anyone worked out what Amy is going to do all day apart from online shop for dresses and boots and post photos on instagram?

Doesn't she still do "nanny" work? Maybe she can learn to memorize some songs since she needed cheat sheets in the recording studio. Now that she's being nice to People, she's probably go hump the TLC people when they go film Paris & Nicole and Beavis & Butthead.

Depends on which state you live in. Most states have some kind of law requiring them, though.

States do have laws requiring them but only on public property. You can ride all you want without one on private property and no one can do anything. So it's possible they were on private property but I didn't see the picture so I'm not sure.

I think motorcycles are awful. And if people ride without helmets...then they are idiots.

I live on the border of Iowa and Nebraska. I have actually seen motorcyclists pull over on the interstate once they cross from Nebraska into Iowa...just to take their helmets off. Morons.

States do have laws requiring them but only on public property. You can ride all you want without one on private property and no one can do anything. So it's possible they were on private property but I didn't see the picture so I'm not sure.

Kentucky allows no helmets unless you are a minor

Eta spelling

No helmet laws here. Last week I got behind a biker, sans helmet and shirt, going 20 below the posted speed limit... and as I followed behind for at least 12 miles, watched him ride with "NO HANDS MA" as he fished his cell phone out and texted at 35 mph. I kid you not.

I slowed way down, as I figured he was on a Death Wish Ride -- and I didn't want to make him into a speed bump.

Thanks for answering this. I was wondering what would happen when you cross state lines with different helmet rules. And I agree, riding without a helmet is idiotic. A friend who works in a major trauma hospital here in Australia says motorbike riders are nicknamed mobile organ donors, and that's with helmets being compulsory.

Famy's pic on instagram has them on a public road. According to www.americanmotorcyclist.com/rights/Sta ... ?stateid=4

helmets are not required in Arkansas. Maybe they believe God will protect them.

Thanks for answering this. I was wondering what would happen when you cross state lines with different helmet rules. And I agree, riding without a helmet is idiotic. A friend who works in a major trauma hospital here in Australia says motorbike riders are nicknamed mobile organ donors, and that's with helmets being compulsory.

Famy's pic on instagram has them on a public road. According to http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/rig ... ?stateid=4

helmets are not required in Arkansas. Maybe they believe God will protect them.

Every time I hear about people who are against helmet laws, I think of the story of the guy in New York State who died of massive head trauma after crashing his motorcycle at a protest against motorcycle helmet laws.

Every time I hear about people who are against helmet laws, I think of the story of the guy in New York State who died of massive head trauma after crashing his motorcycle at a protest against motorcycle helmet laws.

Hmm, my username seems appropriate for that story. Sad though.

I once ran into traffic on the way home from an appointment. A man had crashed his motorcycle, and he was sprawled out on the road. People were stopping to gawk.

The news later said he hadn't been wearing a helmet.

The worst part? His sister drove by the scene before they could get him inside the ambulance. :cry:

Wait, helmet mot required? What is this, the 19th century? [emoji14]ull-hair:

It's that whole independent thing. People like to make their own choices. However, pulling over to take off the helmet just shows me that some adults can't be trusted to make good choices. Also The Cheesecake Factory is another example of how people make poor, delicious, calorie laden, dangerous, not in their best interest choices.

Hmm, my username seems appropriate for that story. Sad though.

I certainly feel bad for the guy's family, but if you think that you're sticking it to the man when you don't wear a simple piece of plastic that can mean the difference between walking away from a crash and the EMTs scraping your brains off the interstate, I won't feel all that sorry for you when you suffer the consequences of not wearing a helmet.

Wait, helmet mot required? What is this, the 19th century? :pull-hair:

I know that in Kansas adults (so over 18) are not required to have a helmet. eye protection is still mandatory.

It's that whole independent thing. People like to make their own choices. However, pulling over to take off the helmet just shows me that some adults can't be trusted to make good choices. Also The Cheesecake Factory is another example of how people make poor, delicious, calorie laden, dangerous, not in their best interest choices.

The thing that bothers me...is that someone not wearing a helmet CAN effect others. At least in a mental capacity. For example, say a motorcyclist is in an accident and it's technically THEIR fault and they die because they didn't have a helmet. Even if it's their fault but another person in a car was involved...that poor person in the car has to live with that. For me, even though I would know it wasn't my fault...I would have a really rough time.

And then don't get me started on parents of young children getting on motorcycles without wearing a helmet. Do you really want to risk your life when you have a child at home that needs you? It enrages me a bit.

I'd also like to add, as someone who should be supporting and lifting Anna up at this time (as her friend/family) posting a pic of this book this is kind of a dick move for Amy to pull.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived