IGNORED

Bates Family - Part 4

Coconut Flan

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't she just get married like a month ago? Geez, give the woman a chance to breathe, lol. Not everyone is a Jill Dillard, thank God. And yeah, I'm sure Whitney will be pregnant again soon if she isn't already.

Didn't she just get married like a month ago? Geez, give the woman a chance to breathe, lol. Not everyone is a Jill Dillard, thank God. And yeah, I'm sure Whitney will be pregnant again soon if she isn't already.

I want Zach and Whitney to enjoy Bradley and have some time to get established before expanding (like I think every couple should), but whenever they decide to have another one (which will very likely happen), Baby #2 better be as adorable as or more adorable than Bradley (if that's even possible).

Browsing Michael's Instagram and found these comments! There you have it, she is not currently pregnant. However, it is time for another Bates announcement, I'm sure. Bets are on Whitney, followed closely by Alyssa.

http://i57.tinypic.com/30avod4.jpg

I'm actually only 50/50 on Alyssa. The consensus here seems to be that Alyssa is either going to space her children really well, or have three or four and then be done entirely.

Reading the leghumper comments on Michaela's Instagram, I am appalled that anyone thinks it is appropriate to ask someone who has been married a mere 6 weeks (or ever, really!) if she's pregnant.

For all the fundy obsession with purity and "old-fashioned manners," they really lack boundaries in some areas.

alert alert alert nathan visiting that Ashley girl in NYC!

instagram.com/p/8mLO04Pfeu/

I think I've seen people speculating about a possible courtship between them before on here...just some extra evidence!

OMG! Look at them! If they don't get married, their reputations will be ruined forever, pressed up against each other like that. It's all or nothing now. Looks like we'll have another Bates wedding to watch pretty soon. ;)

Anyone know more about Ashley's family?

I found her sister's Instagram. Her name is Noemi. She is married with a daughter, announced her second pregnancy not long after her daughter turned one. She wears pants and tank tops. Not sure if they're ATI, as I don't see an abundance of Christ on her Instagram.

Here's her link (which is public):

Instagram.com/mimichamp

There must be some kind of ATI or homeschooling connection... something... I can't see how else they would've met. These girls live in New York, right?

Is this her? instagram.com/bronxnewyorkheart/

Oh yeah. It is. She went to the Philippines a while back. Didn't Nathan go to the Philippines, too? Maybe that's where they met? I'm really behind on my Bates trivia so if this is all common knowledge, just ignore it, haha.

Alyssa's father-in-law Rep Daniel Webster has been in the news all day as someone who is interested in the Speaker position for Congress. Fortunately he is batshit crazy enough that he doesn't have the support to be elected Speaker, but the fact that his name keeps popping up should give people pause. It's especially interesting because of the gerrymandering shenanigans in Florida that have recently been called out as illegal. The redrawn districts might mean Rep Webster's seat might not be as safe as it is now, so he might want to keep an eye on things at home. Can you imagine how ATI/IBLP would crow if one of their fundie royalty got to be Speaker??

There must be some kind of ATI or homeschooling connection... something... I can't see how else they would've met. These girls live in New York, right?

They're ATI. They hang with a ton of ATI families and go to the conferences. Mom, dad, 6 kids total including a newborn. The 12yo daughter does gymnastics in shorts. They're a very social family, lots of friends.

Edited to add info and it would be 7 kids if Naomi is the only married sibling.

They're ATI. They hang with a ton of ATI families and go to the conferences. Mom, dad, 6 kids total including a newborn. The 12yo daughter does gymnastics in shorts. They're a very social family, lots of friends.

Edited to add info and it would be 7 kids if Naomi is the only married sibling.

I Live in NYC and iv been honestly considering trying to attend some kind of fundie event undercover. I didn't even know we had them here until those girls showed up on the show. Do you guys think I could pull it off? Hehehe

7 kids including a newborn? They must be pretty spaced out. Was this a reversal situation? How old is this Ashley girl?

Well, they're very good looking, which seems to count for a lot in that world. And if they actually live in NYC, they must have money...

Here's her blogger profile: blogger.com/profile/08958510615946136195

I thought I'd leave this here even though, unfortunately, her blog hasn't been updated since 2012.

ETA: I don't know how old Ashley is. However, her younger sister Anastasia was 15 in May 2012, so she's 18 or possibly 19 now. She says on her blog that they've often been mistaken for twins, so I'm assuming Ashley is only a little older than that. So maybe 20-ish.

Well, they're very good looking, which seems to count for a lot in that world. And if they actually live in NYC, they must have money...

Because there are no poor people in NYC--especially not in the Bronx. Right. :?

Anyway, Ashley Salyer's Instagram (bronxnewyorkheart) is fascinating.

Looks like she's been a Duggar & Bates friend for a long time. She went with Nathan on his latest Philippines trip (this spring, I think). She has also been on a mission trip to Mexico.

When Jill and Derek were in New York City last winter, she had dinner with them.

She and her sisters show more skin that Duggar & Bates girls generally do (shorter skirts, bare shoulders, lower necklines).

Last year, she was taking classes at the Bloomingdale School of Music, on the Upper West Side: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloomingd ... l_of_Music

She also makes reference to her "Class of 2014 graduation"

She has also played with ISO (InterSchool Orchestras of New York): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InterScho ... f_New_York

About a year and a half ago, she was attending a 1 year culinary program at the School of Cooperative Technical Education, which is a part-time PUBLIC trade school in NYC: http://www.co-optech.org/Course%20Listi ... ary%20Arts --it has campuses throughout NYC.

So I would guess she is 19, perhaps? 20 at most.

Because there are no poor people in NYC--especially not in the Bronx. Right. :?

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with these people, nor how the Bronx relates to NYC - I always thought places like the Bronx were more like suburbs. When I hear NYC I think of the main city, like downtown, and all I've ever heard is how insanely expensive it is to live there. Obviously I understand that there are plenty of poor people there, but I assumed that a family with 7 children must have money if they're able to live comfortably (which is seems they are from their instagram posts, but who knows) 'in NYC'. I'm sorry if my assumption was offensive.

7 kids including a newborn? They must be pretty spaced out. Was this a reversal situation? How old is this Ashley girl?

Actually looking at the dads facebook (Tim belkis Salyer) I see the youngest three are adopted, and are bio siblings. The last two times the mom has called, and said I'm in labor want another kid? And they've taken them. Anastasia is 19 and I thibk Ashley is a year older so 20. Have to verify that somewhere tho

Last year Ashley & Anastasia did a fundraising campaign to go on an Indian mission trip. [the campaign only raised $200]

The website includes their home address in the Bronx.

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/0sNnc

If you Google dad's name (Tim Belkis Salyer) you will find tons of stuff about the family.

The church address is listed as being in queens. But I saw another address for one in the Bronx. It was on this really sketchy "info about this business site" so idk how much I believe that. Either they travel to the one in queens or the church has several locations but only one fb.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived