IGNORED

Meri (Sisterwives) has a boyfriend er catfish MERGED

Justme

I haven't seen anyone *ACTUALLY* get a password and, per some Twitter accounts I found tonight that sleuth this more closely, the catfish is reporting much higher traffic than the site is getting, in reality. (shocking, right??)  Additionally, it seems that many of the commenters, particularly the serial ones, have the same voice as the catfish, at least to me.  I'm not the best judge of this, but I've been reading it for a few weeks now and several of the commenters don't seem to have a distinct writing style that is different, and some definitely DO (and those folks don't seem to have had staying power).  I, personally, have not tried to comment or question because I don't really want any info left for this catfish as she seems to be relatively good at what she does.  

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. I don't know how she's doing it, but she seems awfully good at making other peoples' accounts go away.

I love the people that sleuth this to death. Expunging as much effort as I do snarking on the Duggars, I leave the Sister Wives stuff up to other people xD

Just an interesting exchange in the comments of the "March 21, 2015" post ... 

1. In the teaser last night for this coming up Sunday she calls u a bastard, now if u were a woman wouldn’t she have called u a bitch instead?
    Did u think she would tell this story on her show?

2. 29623fa4ed29754cac8184498fb72ccc?s=64&d= Samuel says:

Until it airs you don’t know the context of that comment. They edit everything to be interesting, not factual. I do agree with you that wouldn’t be the term to use if she is referring to me.
    No I never wanted to be apart of that portion of her life.

In blue,  here's what I know from a group I'm in. I can't quote or share images because of TOU, but here's what the users there who've interacted with the catfish has said: 

I haven't seen anyone *ACTUALLY* get a password One woman said she did get a password, but upon entering it, nothing was there. Evidently the catfish had a post that said she had removed everything due to a media deal. 

and, per some Twitter accounts I found tonight that sleuth this more closely, the catfish is reporting much higher traffic than the site is getting, in reality. (shocking, right??) This person is so dumb. Really really dumb. For real. 

Additionally, it seems that many of the commenters, particularly the serial ones, have the same voice as the catfish, at least to me. The catfish's blog allows her to edit comments made by other posters. One woman posted before-and-after photos of the comment she submitted, and it had been edited from anti-catfish to saying that Sam was so sexy and wonderful...which I find to be quite a stretch on all fronts :pb_lol:

I'm not the best judge of this, but I've been reading it for a few weeks now and several of the commenters don't seem to have a distinct writing style that is different, and some definitely DO (and those folks don't seem to have had staying power). Members of the group say that their middle-of-the-road comments have been allowed through, while those that are more distinctively anti-catfish have been either altered as above, or denied entirely. 

I, personally, have not tried to comment or question because I don't really want any info left for this catfish as she seems to be relatively good at what she does.  I don't think she has a ton of umph or skills like Sam claims she does, because from a web manager perspective, she is actually very bad at what she does, despite her claims. I do think she would not shirk the task of stalking the shit out of any dissenters who gave her information.

In blue,  here's what I know from a group I'm in. I can't quote or share images because of TOU, but here's what the users there who've interacted with the catfish has said: 

I'm curious what group you are in - simply because stalking the catfish shenanigans has become sort of a past time for me.  :)  If you are comfortable sharing, great... if not, no worries!  

I'm curious what group you are in - simply because stalking the catfish shenanigans has become sort of a past time for me.  :)  If you are comfortable sharing, great... if not, no worries!  

I'd love to know, too!

I finally finished the most recent episode.  Meri seemed really happy and interactive.  From the preview the restaurant the sit down happens at looks to be in Alaska, but who knows.  I had looked to see the date the sonogram was taken for the sex reveal and it was 7/31/15 (labeled on the screen).  Didn't this all hit the press in June?  So they didn't address it until August? Weird. I know they play with timelines as a matter of course but I'll be interested in the location of the restaurant they have the discussion at.  Also, when did the hearing for adoption take place?  I'm trying to put together a time line in my head.  

1. In the teaser last night for this coming up Sunday she calls u a bastard, now if u were a woman wouldn’t she have called u a bitch instead?

Until it airs you don’t know the context of that comment. They edit everything to be interesting, not factual. I do agree with you that wouldn’t be the term to use if she is referring to me.

Huh. That's really weird. Why would Jackie even say that term wouldn't apply to Sam? She's not super bright, is she?  

Ha! She apparently forgot she was posting as "Sam" and not as Jackie. Idiot.

So "Sam" says that the show won't be airing any family convos about the affair at all and the dinner talk is about Meri wanting to "leave" but nothing about Sam/affair because the discussion was in Alaska. They didn't break up until August 30 and the after-the-fact filming would have been done since August 30.  She told Robyn about the affair on Sept 5 or 6.   Interesting.  I find the timeline very, very interesting.  

To know that information, Sam would have to have inside knowledge. I think it will be very telling if his/her claims come back bullshit. So far she has been marginally on point about what has been said, but a specific claim like that is hard to rescind if he/she is wrong.

Pinteresting. Very pinteresting.

Pinteresting. Very pinteresting.

:popcorn:Can't wait to see this episode! I'm shocked that according to the catfish, Meri is gong to announce leaving Kody? 

What do you all predict is going to happen on Sunday's episode? I bet she's going to address the catfish thing--TLC would be stupid not to address it at all, it's in the tabloids, but I don't think she'll admit wanting to leave Kody. I'm sure some of this will be used as cliff-hanger fodder. And I'm sure it'll be at least 3-episodes worth of material for them. 

What do you all predict is going to happen on Sunday's episode? I bet she's going to address the catfish thing--TLC would be stupid not to address it at all, it's in the tabloids, but I don't think she'll admit wanting to leave Kody. I'm sure some of this will be used as cliff-hanger fodder. And I'm sure it'll be at least 3-episodes worth of material for them. 

I've said for a couple of months that they HAVE to address it - it's ratings gold and it's what the viewers want to see, even if the family doesn't want to address it.  I don't think that the body of the show (any scenes with the family) will say anything about the catfish. There will be interview footage that includes it, but no pre-filmed "reality" scenes. This is my prediction. I think that "Sam" is probably right about the dinner scene being about Meri wanting to "leave" but not to leave Kody - just feeling lost and wanting to do something different - the ongoing saga of her not knowing what her life is about, her not feeling settled, her not feeling she has value in the family since Mariah left, yadda yadda -- "I want to go live in a yurt" kind of bullshit.  I think the affair will be addressed in interview format only over two weeks with a tearful tell-all with Tamron Hall trying to keep it civil.

I can't imagine how they could not at least show a little bit of the iceberg....like no feelings lost with Janelle, Christine weeping not because she cares but because #Christine, Robyn trying to feign sadness, Kody flipping his hair around saying "Well, I just, I don't know what happened. But sometimes, in these relationships, you know, people just, you know, it's too hard, and they leave. And the family is so fractured and hurt. But, you know, we will always love Meri, and, you know *hair flip* Moriah, I will always be her dad." *hair flip*

It's one of your older posts @FundieFarmer, but I just had to quote it. I thought I'd seen this scene on the show and tried to remember which episode it was when it struck me that it had only been on FJ. 

I'll be bakin cakes and giving away lil kittens if I'm wrong, but I could bet my ass that come Sunday, we'll see a scenario of this kind on the next show. :my_biggrin:

I think there's a pointed difference in Christine's anger on the RV trip, and Robyn's about, well, anything she doesn't like. 

I saw Christine's anger as righteous indignation, and frustration and desperation that her husband had so disregarded her own comfort in favor of his friend's desire. There was more there than just speaking out, which I think is especially critical because we don't often see that from Christine. Usually, she is the quiet and subservient one who prefers not to argue/feels like she can't because she doesn't want to risk her relationship with Kody. I think this was one point that was important enough to risk that wrath. 

That's not at all similar to Robyn's situation, whose self-righteous "don't talk about panties at this table" was just nit-picking. Robyn is comfortable enough to know she risks nothing by speaking out, and that's what shocked Christine. So while on the surface it looks like Christine spoke out too, I think it looks a lot different at the core of the issue.

I agree that, from what we have seen on the show, Christine's bouts of anger seem to be about more substantive issues, and they are in sharp contrast to her normal, subservient/peaceable demeanour. Robyn, on the other hand, seems to direct her, more regular, moments of anger at less critical-to-kody areas of their operation, so Robyn's vexation may be less of a threat to things that really matter to Kody. I recall when Christine was really upset about Kody wanting to spend time with his friend who she felt disrespected their family, and she was so angry, it seemed like she failed to effectivley explain her position or offer alternatives that didn't leave Kody bitching about feeling immasculated. I wanted to feel sorry for her, but she was so over the top, I found it difficult to fully sympathise. It could just be that she represses anger so much that when it comes out it splatters uncontrollably. I know I have tendencies in that direction, and arguments become frought and bleed over to encompass more than the initial topic of disagreement. It's a bloody ineffective tactic for managing disagreements. Robyn, on the other hand, vents her spleen regularly and in a somewhat more controlled fashion, which seems to work better for Kody and her relationship. Just my two cents...

It's pure gold. Just confess it already, you ARE the real Kody Brown, aren't you?! :my_biggrin:

I kind of read this, in my mind, in a Maury talk show voice.

On that note, is Maury still announcing baby daddy's these days?

Also, when you start thinking in a "Maury paternity reveal voice" it is then you truly know it's time to go to sleep.

It's one of your older posts @FundieFarmer, but I just had to quote it. I thought I'd seen this scene on the show and tried to remember which episode it was when it struck me that it had only been on FJ. 

I'll be bakin cakes and giving away lil kittens if I'm wrong, but I could bet my ass that come Sunday, we'll see a scenario of this kind on the next show. :my_biggrin:

The scene has it all. #christine, Robyn being Robyn, the hair flip, Janelle not giving a fuck. It's exactly what will happen. 

It's pure gold. Just confess it already, you ARE the real Kody Brown, aren't you?! :my_biggrin:

NO I AM NOT. And, you know, honestly, I'm, you know, outraged, that you would even, you know, say that! It's just...this kind of discrimination, you know, it's just not cool.

*struggles not to flip hair indignantly*

@FundieFarmer cannot be the real Kody Brown!  Everyone knows Kody struggles to bond with silly wimminz, and Fundie does great in the mostly female demographic here!

However, given FundieFarmer's latest posts, I have come to realize that FF is probably my spiritual spouse, despite the fact that we have never been mortally acquainted.  FF, please know that despite the fact that my animals were adopted on my own or with someone else, they are really your spiritual fur-babies, and you have been spiritually guiding them since their adoptions.  Because of this, I blame YOU for my dog's jaunt around the neighborhood this morning.  Please spiritually guide my dog better.  

In other news, I think Robyn's mouthiness is a power play.  She's the legal wife now, she's pregnant, she's untouchable.  She's behaving in ways the other wives NEVER would be able to do to show them that she can.  I see this mouthiness as a "Look at me!  Look what I can do!  I can say WHATEVER I want and Kody still loves me best!  YOU can't even eat nachos!"

I shall take that title with pride! Would it be weird if I set my location to be "@Georgiana's spiritual spouse"? Or perhaps "Spiritual Guide to Georgiana's Dogs"? :pb_lol:

so agree that Robyn knows that her mouthiness being tolerated sends the message that she.is.on.top. Seriously, even Meri was never quite as outspoken as Robyn is. 

Wait.... @FundieFarmer...you're a guy? I didn't know we had men on this forum!

Oh..except for MatthewDuggar, who I am pretty sure is a guy.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived