IGNORED

Meri (Sisterwives) has a boyfriend er catfish MERGED

Justme

On the milk comment: Not that it really matters but I think I caught Kody saying he was looking for almond milk (or was it soy milk? idk). Could be that one or a few family members are lactose intolerant and they had to buy supplements. 

But I totally get how it must have sounded coming out of Kodouche's mouth. 

I'm not 100% sure but I think I remember that it was once mentioned that Dayton is lactose intolerant.

I feel so sorry for the two posters that were catfished in the past! What a terrible experience!

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Le sigh. I miss having real tv. Can someone point me to a very detailed, descriptive episode summary of this entire season's episodes?

I was never into this show, but I've recently caught some of it on TLC UK (where it's called "My Four Wives") and I finally understand what all the fuss is about. I just wanted to punch Kody. Hard. He just seems to utterly oblivious to the needs of anyone around him - can't believe his wives are constantly spelling it out for him!

Le sigh. I miss having real tv. Can someone point me to a very detailed, descriptive episode summary of this entire season's episodes?

Allaboutthetea.com has recaps of sisterwives. aboutthetea.com/category/reality-tv-shows/sister-wives/

I did watch last night and agree that Christine looks great!  She kind of reminds me of a young Meryl Streep sometimes.  I wonder if she really is on some good meds or maybe she can just relax and enjoy some "me time" now that her kids and Janelle's kids are all older.  I think Truly is the only one that wouldn't be in Kindergarten yet.  I do think of what it must have been like for Christine when the Brown's college crowd was younger- she would have been at home full time with 5-7 small children at different points.  That sounds like my own personal hell. 

I watched last night and was talking through a lot of it so I would need to re-watch the end scene about Meri and the catfish. It seemed like Meri was trying to say she was thinking of leaving Kody and Kody didn't say a word and the other wives seemed supportive of Meri doing whatever made her happy. Robyn and Janelle would both understand from personal experience not being happy in a marriage and wanting to leave. I wasn't paying close attention though. 

CJ has a "new blog" http://cynicaljinxwelcome.blogspot.com/

I do not watch anymore, I just read the blog, it is full of gems!!

I'm off to read this, I don't understand my fascination with the sister wives.  Maybe I should look into RU :my_confused:

I watched last night and was talking through a lot of it so I would need to re-watch the end scene about Meri and the catfish. It seemed like Meri was trying to say she was thinking of leaving Kody and Kody didn't say a word and the other wives seemed supportive of Meri doing whatever made her happy. Robyn and Janelle would both understand from personal experience not being happy in a marriage and wanting to leave. I wasn't paying close attention though. 

It was bizarre how quiet he was, I don't think he spends any time with Meri anymore.  She was talking about going away, and they shouldn't be surprised if one day she was gone.  He either was so mad he couldn't speak because the cameras were there, or he had not idea what she was talking about because he hasn't spoken to her 1 on 1 since their daughter left for college.

Also, when Meri said "Don't be surprised if I'm gone one day..." it made me think of her personal safety. I hope she's not suicidal over any of this catfish business. 

I am AVIDLY watching this... and I feel like the 3 minutes they spent on this better be covered in the 2 hour Tamryn Hall special.

Also, when Meri said "Don't be surprised if I'm gone one day..." it made me think of her personal safety. I hope she's not suicidal over any of this catfish business. 

Eeesh....haven't seen the episode yet, but that is not a positive statement to make... I agree with the others who've stated that she isolated herself from the family quite awhile ago, plus she's reaping unforeseen consequences from adding Sobyn to the family.  I think she was hoping for an ally against Christine and Janelle, but her plan backfired horribly when Kdouche went head over heels for Robyn.

Pretzel and everyone else who's commented on how gorgeous Christine looks lately -- absolutely agree.  Janelle is also looking lovely.  Their genes really shine through in their daughters, too.  I had a personal victory this weekend when my own daughter agreed to watch some reruns with me (the Duggars and Bates are too boring for her, so she won't watch nor snark with me).  She was disgusted by Kdouche in general (especially the hair), but outraged on Christine's behalf.  She couldn't understand why ANY of them were with Kdouche, even though I've been telling her stories of polygamous Mormon nightmare situations for years.  Trying to answer her questions made me realize I know a LOT about this family -- maybe a little more than what she wanted to know about, but at least she's going to watch Sunday's show with me tonight. :Yes:

She also later told me that she had decided to become a Mormon.  You know, a very real danger about using sarcasm with your children is that they will one day use it back on you.  :my_biggrin:

It's Aspyn. Christine and Kody's oldest. 

My daughter noticed her, too.  Christine has great genes and is truly committed to that family. She knows each kid personally and individually.  In the Utah days, she would make personalized presents for each of them, things that really mattered to each individual child. That shows that a) she understands the difficulties of living in polygamy with a giant family, having done it herself, and b. that she understands how to appreciate each of them for who they are; she appreciates their personalities.

It infuriates me that Kdouche treats her so horribly.  According to one talking head, at one point when Sobyn was entering the family, Christine said she felt jealous and hated the lifestyle (or something to that effect), trying to openly communicate with Kdouche about her feelings, but he turned on her instead.  Clearly, she stayed, but he's still holding those words against her while berating her nearly nonstop when onscreen. Her mom -- who left polygamy -- didn't move in by accident.  She deserves so much better. 

I tried watching last night's episode, but unsurprisingly, it was a bore and only addressed the catfish drama in the last twenty minutes or so, and didn't tell us anything new or interesting. However, a catfish scenario was bound to happen, since Meri has been looking so unhappy since day one. I've always gotten the vibe that Meri has always wanted to be the only wife, but her culture/religion keeps telling her that she has to be a plural wife whether she wants to be or not. In comparison, Jenelle and Christine seem to like aspects of polygamy, even if they find their relationship with Kody or even each other to be wanting. I don't think anyone has to worry about "Sister Wives" making polygamy look glamorous, since this show makes it seem like being in a Maury episode 24/7, except that at least everyone knows who the father is.

Wow. So I just watched the last half of the most recent episode (the part pertaining to the catfish). 

The amount of doublespeak and euphemism used by everyone was infuriating. They were dancing around what happened and it drove me crazy. When Meri was speaking and getting emotional about the catfish (the segment where she called him a bastard) it really came off like a woman who is upset about a breakup. You can tell that she genuinely felt strongly about this person and was so, so hurt when she finally faced the facts. 

I definitely agree that the dinner conversation was not the first time this has been discussed. This was clearly a setup for the cameras. I was really shocked how they didn't really include Kody's reaction to Meri's statements- only her sister wives'. Hopefully we hear a little more from him during the "tell all" (which is usually a tell-nothing, honestly). 

I think the tell-all will be more of Meri saying she doesn't know what's she's going to do or what could make her happy. It's sad because she's been saying that since Mariah went to college, 2 years ago. She is so lost, as Christine aptly put it. I really think there is happiness for Meri away from Kody, and I hope she finds it. Christine too for that matter. The tell all will be more of Robyn saying that Meri needs to invest more in the family too, I'm sure since that was Robyn's response to Meri's unhappiness two years ago as well. Invest more in the family is a drum that Robyn and Kody never stop beating when someone feels like they need more out of life than this polygamy thing. Apparently the key to happiness is babysitting your sisterwive's kids and pretending your own needs don't matter. 

I think the tell-all will be more of Meri saying she doesn't know what's she's going to do or what could make her happy. It's sad because she's been saying that since Mariah went to college, 2 years ago. She is so lost, as Christine aptly put it. I really think there is happiness for Meri away from Kody, and I hope she finds it. Christine too for that matter. The tell all will be more of Robyn saying that Meri needs to invest more in the family too, I'm sure since that was Robyn's response to Meri's unhappiness two years ago as well. Invest more in the family is a drum that Robyn and Kody never stop beating when someone feels like they need more out of life than this polygamy thing. Apparently the key to happiness is babysitting your sisterwive's kids and pretending your own needs don't matter. 

Robyn wants everyone to "invest in the family" because as the 'favorite wife', SHE gets most of the returns on any investment into the family.  This is a polygamous pyramid scheme where the 3 original wives have put the most in, but Robyn is the one getting the most out.

Apparently Meri was still in communication with the catfish in Alaska and the conversation that was shown was just her telling the family she might leave, not explaining the whole situation with the catfish as the editing made it seem. It makes the other wives' reactions make more sense.

This is old, but wow, is it telling. 

Meri: “I’m happy on the good days and when Kody shows love and affection, but on a bad day, I question my importance to the family and if Kody still cares about me,” 

blogs.babycenter.com/celebrities/sister-wives-divorce-01042015-kody-brown-meri/

Between the horrible way Kody treated Christine during their "couple's therapy/anniversary" trip and the way Meri has been made to feel so alone, polygamy ain't lookin so hot, Kody Brown. Everything is for "the greater good" in that family and individuals get treated like shit. Unless you're Robyn. I really wonder what the long term future holds. 

Here's what I didn't get- when they're at the restaurant and Meri is crying saying she doesn't know what she's going to do- all the wives were seemingly very supportive and worried. But Kody didn't say a damn thing- why? Is he too mad or too his ego too hurt?  Why didn't he do or say anything?

Wow, I didn't think of that when I heard her talking, I hope you are not right.   I think the filming from the season finale was August-ish so she has had some time to adjust to how the family is treating her now that they know everything and have probably seen all the pictures.  

I'm so glad that they use therapists, hopefully Meri is getting good, accredited therapy.

Here's what I didn't get- when they're at the restaurant and Meri is crying saying she doesn't know what she's going to do- all the wives were seemingly very supportive and worried. But Kody didn't say a damn thing- why? Is he too mad or too his ego too hurt?  Why didn't he do or say anything?

I don't know. Could have been the editing, or he was shocked that someone has an issue with the way he and queen Robyn are running things. 

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived