IGNORED

Meri (Sisterwives) has a boyfriend er catfish MERGED

Justme

So Kody and Robyn were always spiritually destined and spiritually married, but they didn't mortally know each other.  So then one day the EVIL Mr. Jessop comes along and MARRIES ROBYN AND THEN TAKES HER VIRGINAL INNOCENCE BY HAVING CONSENSUAL SEX WITH HIS WIFE because Kody wasn't there to protect her! And this is a terrible mistake!  And so it was that Robyn bore 3 children who were physically fathered by Evil Mr. Jessop, but spiritually were Kody's children and Kody was ALWAYS spiritually their father, guiding them and such.  And so that's why it is OK to re-write the past because this was all just one cosmic mistake where a woman bore children willingly for her husband who wasn't really her spiritual husband, but the kids aren't REALLY the bio dad's they were ALWAYS Kody's.

YOU GUYS.  HOW MANY MORE SPIRITUAL WIVES AND KIDS DOES KODY HAVE OUT THERE THAT HE DOESN'T KNOW?!?  HOW MANY MORE WOMEN ARE HAVING SEX WITH THEIR HUSBANDS WHO THEY THINK ARE THEIR HUSBANDS BUT AREN'T THEIR REAL HUSBANDS BECAUSE KODY IS NOT THERE TO PROTECT THEIR VIRGINAL INNOCENCE?!?!?!?!

This is awesome.  I will say that I thought in that awful teary rendition Sobbyn gave she admitted that during a "rebellious" phase she had sex premaritally with her ex and they got married when she became preggo.  It's still definitely WTF to try and rewrite history.  And I'm TOTALLY believing that Meri is being gaslighted and Robbyn encouraged this whole episode in order to bring about Meri's downfall.  

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YOU GUYS.  HOW MANY MORE SPIRITUAL WIVES AND KIDS DOES KODY HAVE OUT THERE THAT HE DOESN'T KNOW?!?  HOW MANY MORE WOMEN ARE HAVING SEX WITH THEIR HUSBANDS WHO THEY THINK ARE THEIR HUSBANDS BUT AREN'T THEIR REAL HUSBANDS BECAUSE KODY IS NOT THERE TO PROTECT THEIR VIRGINAL INNOCENCE?!?!?!?!

*Looks over shoulder nervously* Is Kody watching me right now spiritually? :my_confused: This is creepy...

*Looks over shoulder nervously* Is Kody watching me right now spiritually? :my_confused: This is creepy...

This whole thing just reminds me of Mean Girls.

"You might THINK you aren't married to Kody Brown but....you could be wrong."

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6195-1374290006-23.

Um, how would a key logger protect against the catfisher? Sounds more like he doesn't trust his wife and is spying on her. Also, borderline abusive. 

Um, how would a key logger protect against the catfisher? Sounds more like he doesn't trust his wife and is spying on her. Also, borderline abusive. 

I feel like it's definitely abusive. It's not addressing WHY Meri sought out companionship, and instead puts all the blame on her (not that she's not to blame, but I think most of us agree that it was the result of some deeper underlying issues with her relationship) 

It just makes it clear that they don't trust her anymore--she's being required to do something that the other women don't have to. I assume Robyn, Christine and Janelle all can use the computer without a keylogger. This is something that should be worked out in one of their many counseling sessions, and not by spying to make sure your spouse is behaving. 

I feel like it's definitely abusive. It's not addressing WHY Meri sought out companionship, and instead puts all the blame on her (not that she's not to blame, but I think most of us agree that it was the result of some deeper underlying issues with her relationship) 

It just makes it clear that they don't trust her anymore--she's being required to do something that the other women don't have to. I assume Robyn, Christine and Janelle all can use the computer without a keylogger. This is something that should be worked out in one of their many counseling sessions, and not by spying to make sure your spouse is behaving. 

Yes, I put in "borderline" because I could see how in some relationships it might be a legitimate tool to earn back trust. I don't think that applies in this case. 

So Kody and Robyn were always spiritually destined and spiritually married, but they didn't mortally know each other.  So then one day the EVIL Mr. Jessop comes along and MARRIES ROBYN AND THEN TAKES HER VIRGINAL INNOCENCE BY HAVING CONSENSUAL SEX WITH HIS WIFE because Kody wasn't there to protect her! And this is a terrible mistake!  And so it was that Robyn bore 3 children who were physically fathered by Evil Mr. Jessop, but spiritually were Kody's children and Kody was ALWAYS spiritually their father, guiding them and such.  And so that's why it is OK to re-write the past because this was all just one cosmic mistake where a woman bore children willingly for her husband who wasn't really her spiritual husband, but the kids aren't REALLY the bio dad's they were ALWAYS Kody's.

I think we need Mr. Steve Maxwell's opinion on this. He's a pro at protecting virginity. :TrainWreckMotion:

I thought that Robyn got pregnant out of wedlock and was thus "encouraged" to marry the guy. I thought that's what she said and thus the speech about unwrapped gifts or something. I wonder if she ever really loved her first husband, thus all the attempts to rewrite history. 

Given how the FLDS regularly reassigns wives and children to other men as punishment/rewards, maybe what the Browns are doing is a milder form of this. What I found really off-putting about that portrait, other than the creepy ret-conning of history and the amateurish technique that is only slightly above the work done by a mall caricature artist, is the fact that Kody is wearing glasses. Is he trying to channel Ozzie Nelson or some other 50s TV patriarch or something?

I have no idea how the Brown children have turned out as well as they have. That is all I can say after reading the last couple pages of this thread.

Given how the FLDS regularly reassigns wives and children to other men as punishment/rewards, maybe what the Browns are doing is a milder form of this. What I found really off-putting about that portrait, other than the creepy ret-conning of history and the amateurish technique that is only slightly above the work done by a mall caricature artist, is the fact that Kody is wearing glasses. Is he trying to channel Ozzie Nelson or some other 50s TV patriarch or something?

Yeah, what's with that? Was that based on a specific picture? I haven't been able to watch the episode yet (I only allow myself to watch it for free when it winds up streaming somewhere) Do they mention what picture she used? 

Yeah, what's with that? Was that based on a specific picture? I haven't been able to watch the episode yet (I only allow myself to watch it for free when it winds up streaming somewhere) Do they mention what picture she used? 

Kody used to have short hair and glasses. And I figured they used a picture of him contemporary with that of the kids.

Screen-shot-2012-05-24-at-7.08.36-PM.png

Okay this is what I'm confused about. Why the huge stink about her being married to another dude when the FLDS REGULARLY moves wives from man to man because the husband dies or becomes an apostate, etc. 

Why the whole thing about how sad it was that Robyn was with Jessop and not Kody and thank Joseph Smith himself that Robyn finally found her way to Kody her REAL husband. I feel like if the FLDS thought this (and I realize the Browns aren't technically FLDS, but they have ties to them, so I feel like this is valid) they would never ever ever take a wife from a husband to give to another in the instances of the husband's death. Do they just say "oh no, you thought your LAST husband was your true husband? no no no, this next husband is your one true celestial husband" and then when he dies they give her to another dude and say "no trust us, THIS HUSBAND is your one true heavenly husband. he's been waiting for you for ages!" and so on and so forth. This doesn't really jive with the whole ruckus the commenter was making about how rewriting history is really correct.

Which came first: the tv show deal or Sobyn's courtship to Kody? Do we know that Sobyn and Kody were courting BEFORE he started talking with TLC about a show? Or did Sobyn see him as her cash cow?

Yes, I put in "borderline" because I could see how in some relationships it might be a legitimate tool to earn back trust. I don't think that applies in this case. 

I think this might be part of Josh Duggars life in the future. 

Okay this is what I'm confused about. Why the huge stink about her being married to another dude when the FLDS REGULARLY moves wives from man to man because the husband dies or becomes an apostate, etc. 

Why the whole thing about how sad it was that Robyn was with Jessop and not Kody and thank Joseph Smith himself that Robyn finally found her way to Kody her REAL husband. I feel like if the FLDS thought this (and I realize the Browns aren't technically FLDS, but they have ties to them, so I feel like this is valid) they would never ever ever take a wife from a husband to give to another in the instances of the husband's death. Do they just say "oh no, you thought your LAST husband was your true husband? no no no, this next husband is your one true celestial husband" and then when he dies they give her to another dude and say "no trust us, THIS HUSBAND is your one true heavenly husband. he's been waiting for you for ages!" and so on and so forth. This doesn't really jive with the whole ruckus the commenter was making about how rewriting history is really correct.

I have also read that about the FLDS. IIRC the Browns are from the Allred group / AUB ? Does the AUB move wives around too? Either way I think the whole thing is nuts.  

I haven't heard of the AUB moving wives around. They don't kick men out at the rate that the FLDS do, so there's not as much need to explain to the women how they still get to go to heaven, even though their husbands are apostate. "He wasn't your real husband" is the easiest way.

It's easier for the FLDS to redistribute wives, since they honor Jeffs as their "prophet" (though it appears that his empire is slowly crumbling, hopefully).  There's more independence in other fundamental polygamous Mormon groups, it seems, and since every man of age is a priestholder, they have even more power.  It would not surprise me in the least if Kdouche imagined himself as "the one might and strong" for whom the Mormons are waiting.  (Krakauer talks about that particular ego trip quite a bit in Under the Banner of Heaven, and it's easy to see how other Mormon men have confused themselves for a Jesus-figure. The LeBarons are another example of that strange, delusional hubris.)

Which came first: the tv show deal or Sobyn's courtship to Kody? Do we know that Sobyn and Kody were courting BEFORE he started talking with TLC about a show? Or did Sobyn see him as her cash cow?

The show deal came first. Kody has said that when he was first courting Robyn, he told her they were about to go public and be filmed so that she would know what she was getting into if they married.

Actually, the post you quoted said just because he has four wives doesn't mean he's NOT cheating ... iow, he could very well be cheating in spite of all those wives. Cheating isn't about sex, as far as I can see, in most cases. It's about ego validation or unmet needs or insecurity or *something. I can EASILY see Kody cheating if he thought he could get away with it (and wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out he has in the past pre-show). As for now, the thought of that man hitting on me makes my skin crawl, but hell, he managed to convince four separate women to not only crawl into bed with him but to *marry him, so clearly he's got something going for him. 

What Kdouche has going for him is that he holds the keys to the celestial kingdom that women can  only access via marriage. And maybe plural marriage to him is better than  to some dried up elderly geezer.

On my DVR, an upcoming episode (or at least a "first look" is called "Meri Catfished" so it does appear that they will be addressing it.

Meanwhile, over at catfish-land, there was a lengthy exchange yesterday in the comments section between "Sam" and his loyal followers about many details including why he wasn't posting photos (first, that he will do it in his time, then, later, that he didn't need to in order to prove his story, whatever that means), his insistence that he will sue the Browns for libel, slander and defamation if they mention word one about Meri being "catfished," more about his reasons for posting all this information and possibly writing a book, his thoughts about the tabloid-invented feud between Robyn and Meri and his "appearances" on a podcast - he's so private and humble that he really doesn't want to share that site on his blog, friends....  And, duh, he uploads photos all the time on his flickr and FB..... for his real friends and family, but he announces he uploads these photos to his flickr, which has 2 photos on it.  

I haven't heard of the AUB moving wives around. They don't kick men out at the rate that the FLDS do, so there's not as much need to explain to the women how they still get to go to heaven, even though their husbands are apostate. "He wasn't your real husband" is the easiest way.

I haven't read a lot of accounts of ex-AUB members. The only ones I can think of are Rebecca Kimball and Kristin Decker, but I would really love to read others. (I haven't gotten ahold of Kristin's book yet, but I really want to) I guess I'm confused as to how members of their church interact with one another on a day to day basis. It's pretty apparent that they've got some different priorities from the FLDS (they go more modern-modest and seem to interact with outsiders more), but I know they have their issues as well. Does anyone know of any other former-AUB accounts that I could find online? 

I haven't read a lot of accounts of ex-AUB members. The only ones I can think of are Rebecca Kimball and Kristin Decker, but I would really love to read others. (I haven't gotten ahold of Kristin's book yet, but I really want to) I guess I'm confused as to how members of their church interact with one another on a day to day basis. It's pretty apparent that they've got some different priorities from the FLDS (they go more modern-modest and seem to interact with outsiders more), but I know they have their issues as well. Does anyone know of any other former-AUB accounts that I could find online? 

I linked one upthread where a blogger shared a lot of information about her time in the AUB, and asserted Kody was present at, or at least aware of (writing unclear, though it read to me as the former), the marriage of a 15-year-old girl.

This is awesome.  I will say that I thought in that awful teary rendition Sobbyn gave she admitted that during a "rebellious" phase she had sex premaritally with her ex and they got married when she became preggo.  It's still definitely WTF to try and rewrite history.  And I'm TOTALLY believing that Meri is being gaslighted and Robbyn encouraged this whole episode in order to bring about Meri's downfall.  

I am glad I have not watched this in a while because I don't think I can stomach watching this. I don't think I could watch gaslighting. In my own life there are a lot of things that come up as an adult that make me think WTF in regards to my parents and their divorce, and mostly my dad. This is one of those things that might seem ok and normal to Robyn's kids now, but as adults seriously fuck with their heads. If Robyn had not been with Jessop those kids would not exist. I imagine the man has some good qualities and there was a reason she was ever with him, and it is their biological father with whom they share DNA. Robyn, think about how your kids will feel later in life, you cannot erase this because it is actually taped and filmed. SICK, SICK, woman.

I have no idea how the Brown children have turned out as well as they have. That is all I can say after reading the last couple pages of this thread.

I think they have no real idea how sick and fucked up their lives are, when it hits them it will hit them hard. They are all still so young. Or, sometimes people who live in messed up situations seem more together because they have to be.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived