IGNORED

Meri (Sisterwives) has a boyfriend er catfish MERGED

Justme

I do think that at the point Meri was talking to them, she had no clue that the person she was in love with was catfishing her.    She was honestly considering her options.  OR, she knew, barely and was so ashamed, embarassed, etc that she was thinking of leaving.

On the responses of the family, Christine's was genuinely supportive and loving, as usual.  Janelle was pretty supportive, and seemed quite concerned about Meri, yet still thinking 'how will this affect the kids, you can't do this to the kids'.  Robyn was more 'how does this affect me, you need to plug back in to the family and toe the party line and all will be fine.  But hey, I love you and I'm supportive.'

Kody's non response was.... wow.  The fact that he just sat there and was silent while his wife said 'I might leave the family' was just.... wow.  There are not words for how horrid that was.   The way that would have felt to me was 'he doesn't care'.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's what I didn't get- when they're at the restaurant and Meri is crying saying she doesn't know what she's going to do- all the wives were seemingly very supportive and worried. But Kody didn't say a damn thing- why? Is he too mad or too his ego too hurt?  Why didn't he do or say anything?

I think he knew about "Sam" for a LONG time. His tweet about "A real man doesn't think he's Batman, he's Santa ClausE [sic]" happened in June. So, I think he's known about her attachment to NotBatmanYet for weeks and weeks at this point. However, it hurts his brand to have her leave. I think they went the rounds in private.

Does anybody know if Episodes 12 and 13 (A Boy or a Girl/Meri Catfished) are on Youtube anywhere yet? I can't find any later than Episode 11.

I hope this isn't breaking any rules, but I usually use http://thewatchseries.to/serie/sister_wives 

Sometimes the links are janky and don't correspond to the correct episodes but usually they work. That episode is indeed already up and streaming. 

Did anyone read the long tirade "Sam" went on on "his" blog today? It's very long. I still can't believe I read it. It's just one long paragraph.

According to "Sam", this was not the first time they discussed it. It had been brought up in several group therapy sessions. It was just the first time they brought it up in front of the cameras, and it wasn't planned. Apparently the plan was for Meri to move into "Sam's" condo, 5 minutes from "his" Vegas place and a mile from the cul-de-sac. This was, according to "Sam", supposed to happen after they got back from Alaska.

I'm all over this shit. I really am. I do believe Meri, though. Hell, I even believe that "Sam" was abusive. "He" was weird in some of the texts, and you could tell that there were some missing, as though "Sam" hit the edit button on the iPhone and selected messages to delete.

"Sam" claims that they had sex over 60 times in 6 months. "He" doesn't specify if it was in person or just phone sex. It's implied that it was in person, but I highly doubt it. "Sam" is full of shit.

"Queen Robyn" indeed. (Accurate description!)

I was a little agog at how she was reacting to Maddie's potential engagement. Janelle was completely happy for her daughter, and I get that the moms mother ALL the kids, but .... Even Janelle was looking a little taken aback at Robyn's sudden (seeming) objections. Wonder what's going on under the surface with that particular issue.

Disclaimer: Could totally have been my imagination, though. Interested in hearing other people's thoughts, tbh.

I was a little agog at how she was reacting to Maddie's potential engagement. Janelle was completely happy for her daughter, and I get that the moms mother ALL the kids, but .... Even Janelle was looking a little taken aback at Robyn's sudden (seeming) objections. Wonder what's going on under the surface with that particular issue.

Disclaimer: Could totally have been my imagination, though. Interested in hearing other people's thoughts, tbh.

I think Queenie is trying to show her motherly, caring, concerned side. Have to always show your dedication to and interest in the family over on the cult-de-sac. Do they raise a Brown family flag in the morning over at Christine's by the hand prints? Is there a pledge?

Yeah, what the hell? She wasn't even in Maddie's life until she was a teenager. It just feels like none of her business. Janelle is happy, Kody is happy, Maddie is happy--why the hell does Robyn get to raise any objections to the situation? It just felt like she was trying to assert herself as the dominant wife, it was very weird for sure. 

And even though a lot of what Meri said in this episode was BS, I do think that she herself believed a lot of it. I've seen a lot of people criticize the fact that Meri said she knew it was bullshit from the beginning, but she just ignored it, but I'm inclined to believe her there. I think she knew there were red flags, but she wanted to believe it was true. 

I can't believe that Kody said NOTHING during that dinner. I wonder if TLC cut what she actually said, if he was actually at a loss for words, or if their marriage has actually been dead for a long time and he has nothing to say about it at this point. 

Anyway, this episode is certainly an excellent case study in reality TV bullshit.

@happy atheist I'm petitioning for "living in the cult-de-sac" becoming one of the next member statuses...

And done.

I may have to check my math, but this might be the first one inspired by these clowns.

Apparently Meri was still in communication with the catfish in Alaska and the conversation that was shown was just her telling the family she might leave, not explaining the whole situation with the catfish as the editing made it seem. It makes the other wives' reactions make more sense.

Yes, I got the feeling that the family didn't know the whole story. Meri was kind of rambling at dinner. The episode was kind of jumbled with respect to the timeline. Did Meri know about the catfish at dinner, or not?

Yes, I got the feeling that the family didn't know the whole story. Meri was kind of rambling at dinner. The episode was kind of jumbled with respect to the timeline. Did Meri know about the catfish at dinner, or not?

If Robyn's ultrasound was July 31st and they announced the gender afterwards on the Alaska trip where the dinner also supposedly took place, then Meri knew about the catfish at the dinner. That shit had already hit the fan in July, right?

I thought Robyn's reaction was odd too,  It was like she was trying to one up the other mothers, that she had deeper thoughts about what Maddie's relationship should look like.

I wondered if Kody had said something in confidence to Robyn about the guy ( I can't remember his name right now).  I don't think it was anything major, basic dad -- no guy is going to be 100% good enough for my daughter stuff.  And then Robyn, wanting to be relevant, started talking at dinner about what he told her in private.  The look Janelle gave Robyn was priceless.  

Yeah, what the hell? She wasn't even in Maddie's life until she was a teenager. It just feels like none of her business. Janelle is happy, Kody is happy, Maddie is happy--why the hell does Robyn get to raise any objections to the situation? It just felt like she was trying to assert herself as the dominant wife, it was very weird for sure. 

And even though a lot of what Meri said in this episode was BS, I do think that she herself believed a lot of it. I've seen a lot of people criticize the fact that Meri said she knew it was bullshit from the beginning, but she just ignored it, but I'm inclined to believe her there. I think she knew there were red flags, but she wanted to believe it was true. 

I believe Meri was still hoping the catfish was true too.  She knew there were huge problems with his/her story, who moves in with a person you haven't met IRL?  But the catfish was good, and knew just what to say to Meri to keep her happy.  It is so sad how much Meri wanted it to be true.  

If Robyn's ultrasound was July 31st and they announced the gender afterwards on the Alaska trip where the dinner also supposedly took place, then Meri knew about the catfish at the dinner. That shit had already hit the fan in July, right?

According to the catfish, they "broke up" in August, which seems to be true, but its hard to say for sure

Did anyone read the long tirade "Sam" went on on "his" blog today? It's very long. I still can't believe I read it. It's just one long paragraph.

According to "Sam", this was not the first time they discussed it. It had been brought up in several group therapy sessions. It was just the first time they brought it up in front of the cameras, and it wasn't planned. Apparently the plan was for Meri to move into "Sam's" condo, 5 minutes from "his" Vegas place and a mile from the cul-de-sac. This was, according to "Sam", supposed to happen after they got back from Alaska.

I'm all over this shit. I really am. I do believe Meri, though. Hell, I even believe that "Sam" was abusive. "He" was weird in some of the texts, and you could tell that there were some missing, as though "Sam" hit the edit button on the iPhone and selected messages to delete.

Hidden Content

Where is this page? Thanks in advance.

I tried. I really did. But I didn't make it very far with that blog entry.

I watched the show earlier. I really do feel bad for Meri. I always kind of have in some ways. But even more now because she was clearly very lonely. And even with the red flags, she wanted it to be real so badly. This really does a good job of showing the negative side to polygamy...in my opinion, anyway.

The intro of the show drives my husband crazy. "Love should be multiplied, not divided." Every time he hears it, he just angrily says, "But you ARE dividing your love between 4 women!!"

I tried. I really did. But I didn't make it very far with that blog entry.

I watched the show earlier. I really do feel bad for Meri. I always kind of have in some ways. But even more now because she was clearly very lonely. And even with the red flags, she wanted it to be real so badly. This really does a good job of showing the negative side to polygamy...in my opinion, anyway.

The intro of the show drives my husband crazy. "Love should be multiplied, not divided." Every time he hears it, he just angrily says, "But you ARE dividing your love between 4 women!!"

Neither did I... I would keep scrolling and read a random sentence in the middle and think, "What on earth is wrong with this person?"

And your husband's reaction to "Love should be multiplied" is exactly the same as mine... logic, people.

S/He spent ages defending Robyn and raving about what a good person she (Robyn) is and how she doesn't deserve the hate she gets online. I found that odd.

She also claims that she spent a week with Meri in Utah. Surely Meri can disprove that.

This catfish is so annoying, honestly. Just so annoying and nearly irrelevant at this point. I am so over the drivel and the sniveling and the waxing poetic about love. We all know you're a lying sack of horse shit. Quit trying to drag us all back with more sob stories.

She also claims that she spent a week with Meri in Utah. Surely Meri can disprove that.

Yep. I found that particularly odd.

This catfish is so annoying, honestly. Just so annoying and nearly irrelevant at this point. I am so over the drivel and the sniveling and the waxing poetic about love. We all know you're a lying sack of horse shit. Quit trying to drag us all back with more sob stories.

It's crazy. All those blog entries, texts, photos... yeah, we get you were communicating with Meri. That doesn't prove who you say you are, which you could do in FIVE MINUTES by recording a video. The whole SJC Investments thing is a particularly bad cover, too. I mean... okay, you have an investment firm with a Dubai office but NOBODY has heard of it? Not even a website? Nice try.

Has anybody seen the Twitter account of this woman who says she was an earlier victim of the same catfish? 

https://twitter.com/truthseekerllc

S/He spent ages defending Robyn and raving about what a good person she (Robyn) is and how she doesn't deserve the hate she gets online. I found that odd.

The only thing I can think of possibly explaining this is that perhaps the catfish knew of a week that Meri spent in Utah w/ Mariah (just through general text communication, etc.). If that's the case, the catfish may have reasoned that it would be hard(er) for Meri to prove that she was in Utah for the explicit purpose of meeting Mariah and not in order to hang out with this Sam character. That being said, this catfish is so off of their rocker and so unbelievable. I don't think a single person believes them. 

I have been at a loss for words in the catfish dilemma. I guess because I didn't understand how it ultimately all went down. 

So, Meri is talking on social networks and over the phone with a guy called Sam that we assumed was a real guy living somewhere in Chicago(?). Then it turns out she's fallen in love with him, but he's being outed as a woman. Now he/she? pretends not to be a woman and to be real, but he isn't? Or what? 

Could Meri sue him/her? Do we know who she is? Does she have proof she's been screwed over? 

I tried to avoid the catfish topic because I didn't fully get it, but now I'm willing to try to understand.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived