IGNORED

Jana's future

MoonFace

I'm honestly starting to think this might well be why Jana is content to stay at home.

She may not get to have sex and kiss boys, but I wouldn't be surprised if Boob and DQ have better things to do than monitor Jana's internet history (like trying to salvage attention and making sure none of the howlers are staring at women's boobs). Wouldn't surprise me at all if she's clicking around Pinterest or whatever. The lost girls are reasonably self sufficient now (Josie's seizure aside) meaning Jana is largely off the hook for sister mom duties. She seems genuinely close to Jinger and Joy and has their company around the home. Staying at home means she gets to avoid popping out babies with a new headship who meant end up an asshole.

Yeah, she still can't have a normal life and shares her room with tweens, but I can see why she'd rather than that than starting her own quiver when she's spent the last 20 years raising her siblings.

My hubs is from a very large, Catholic family where the mom had 2 groups of kids. The first 5 were born within 50 months, with 1 female in the mix, at the top. After 4 years, another group came, again, with only 1 female, at the end. So the oldest girl actually raised an entire gaggle before moving on to college and a lofty career. She ended up marrying an older man who had already raised a family. She never had children herself, claiming to have "already raised a family."

Many people would be po'd (think Jessa) if this was their fate. I do not think Jana is that type of person. My SIL is much like Jana.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It irks me that Jana isn't allowed to even go to Crown College. She's probably the most competent female of the group. She is extremely responsible and can take care of kids better than most moms likely. I don't think she should get married yet, she should try to ride it out and hopefully she'll get to go to school. She may feel responsible for the little kids, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them have even called her "mom". Maybe she is completely content though staying at home.

How do we know she wants to go to College and is being denied the opportunity?

Additionally, how does possibly being the most competent caregiver mean she would do well in or want to go to college?

I've said this a lot about all these kids, but mostly Jana - we know incredibly little about who they actually are and what they really want out of life. For all we know Jana could be a genius who desperately wants to earn a higher education and is being denied it - or she could be a terrible student who has no motivation to pursue more education. She could be desperate to marry or desperate to stay single. She could be silently dying on the inside because of all the responsibility pushed onto her or she could love every second of caring for her family. She could be staying put in order to protect her siblings from their evil parents or she could absolutely love punishing the little kids because she thinks they're brats.

Now, I don't think Jana is a cruel person at all. Quite the opposite. But my point is none of us can know for sure until Jana decides to open her mouth and flat out state what she thinks. . . and that isn't going to happen until she is engaged or married because she likely won't have access to personal social media accounts until then.

Personally, I wouldn't be shocked to find out that she not only drank the Kool-Aid, but flat out chugged it like a Frat Boy at a Kegger. And I'm not looking forward to the day she gets married - there are tons of people who expect her to run the second the ring is on her finger and they would be more than happy to turn on Jana if she chooses not to. It happened with Jessa and Jill - it will not surprise me at all to see people turn on Jana, Jinger, Joy, or any of the other kids eventually as well.

Though, to be fair, those two enjoyed less leeway from people here before they married - Jill because people found her annoying and Jessa because. . . well. . . she's Jessa :lol:

Note: Please know this wasn't directed just at you, but to the thread as a whole. Your thoughts about Jana wanting to go to college just got me thinking. :)

s t

My belief is that the following are their Pinterest accounts: (breaking links because I figure that's safer since Im not sure if I should or not...)

Anna ("Sue Smith") - pinterest.com/annadurrar/

Jill ("Jilly Dilly") - pinterest.com/ipreferatext/

Jana ("Janny Nalon") - pinterest.com/jannynal/

Thanks for the links!

And kinda creepy that Anna would be "Sue Smith" when Josh's cheating pseudonym was "Joe Smithson."

(Yeah, Smith is a go-to pseudonym, but the three letter first names and "Smith" in common might suggest that Anna and Josh had talked about pseudonyms and that Josh was stupid/cruel enough to use one that he and Anna had talked about.)

What are the odds that Jim Bob will pressure Jana into marrying somebody, anybody, in the hopes (however vain) that TLC will want to broadcast Jana's wedding within the next 6 months? One year?

Additionally, how does possibly being the most competent caregiver mean she would do well in or want to go to college?

I've said this a lot about all these kids, but mostly Jana - we know incredibly little about who they actually are and what they really want out of life. For all we know Jana could be a genius who desperately wants to earn a higher education and is being denied it - or she could be a terrible student who has no motivation to pursue more education. She could be desperate to marry or desperate to stay single. She could be silently dying on the inside because of all the responsibility pushed onto her or she could love every second of caring for her family. She could be staying put in order to protect her siblings from their evil parents or she could absolutely love punishing the little kids because she thinks they're brats.

Now, I don't think Jana is a cruel person at all. Quite the opposite. But my point is none of us can know for sure until Jana decides to open her mouth and flat out state what she thinks. . . and that isn't going to happen until she is engaged or married because she likely won't have access to personal social media accounts until then.

Personally, I wouldn't be shocked to find out that she not only drank the Kool-Aid, but flat out chugged it like a Frat Boy at a Kegger. And I'm not looking forward to the day she gets married - there are tons of people who expect her to run the second the ring is on her finger and they would be more than happy to turn on Jana if she chooses not to. It happened with Jessa and Jill - it will not surprise me at all to see people turn on Jana, Jinger, Joy, or any of the other kids eventually as well.

Though, to be fair, those two enjoyed less leeway from people here before they married - Jill because people found her annoying and Jessa because. . . well. . . she's Jessa :lol:

Note: Please know this wasn't directed just at you, but to the thread as a whole. Your thoughts about Jana wanting to go to college just got me thinking. :)

In general the girls don't go to college I mean. It's frowned upon I guess. But their "old" tlc site shows Jana's future plans were blank (i guess that was months ago). I think with all the patience and responsibility that has been given to her she'd do well in college..if she has the foundation for the actual work. But I don't know, everything has surprised me about these people and you are right..people could turn on them all. People dislike Jill and Jessa more now than ever even though they seem to be testing the waters as far a freedom goes. (Not counting Josh, he handled "freedom" horribly.) They are all childish I guess, but I guess thats to be expected of a few of these people.

Jana and Jill have both said offensive things post marriage - minimising molestation, any gay etc. And honestly, even if they have gotten over what happened, and have forgiven Smugs for Joshgate 1.0, talking about how it was nothing, and they're over it is irresponsible. It means that others who are watching who went through the same thing/similar will feel guilty for it being a big deal to them. It can mean parents using that against their children, look at the Duggars, they put safeguards in place and forgave each other why won't you get over what your sibling did to you?

I can't speak for them, I don't know if they really are over what happened, I don't know they aren't. But minimising molestation in public is dangerous.

If Jana & Jinger (& ? Joy - 18 soon) got married and kept their mouths shut about unpopular things a la Erin & Alyssa Bates, they won't lose the public support like their sisters.

And I think we will see that. Not all the Duggars like the limelight. I think at least one of the older girls will marry and try and stay off social media and out of the public eye as much as possible. Not necessarily so they don't lose face, just because I think some of them might be more private people than others.

I think Jana's video wishing Michelle a happy birthday, spoke volumes to me. I don't know why people think Jana will run, or become fundie-lite after she eventually gets sold off married. She seems most submissive and suited to that lifestyle out of all the kids. Has anything she's said been significant enough to assume she's just biting her tongue?

Jana is as drunk on the kool aid as Michael Bates is. She is not leaving the lifestyle and will never run. I just hope she marries someone that she is truly happy with and if she is happy, that's just OK.

Jana is as drunk on the kool aid as Michael Bates is. She is not leaving the lifestyle and will never run. I just hope she marries someone that she is truly happy with and if she is happy, that's just OK.

I really do think she will end up with someone from Gothard HQ. I'm still not sold on Brandon Keilen, he seems very stiff and off to me... but I can definitely see Jana with someone like him, or TDFW.

I rewatched the second TLC Duggar special, "Raising 16 Children" on YouTube over the weekend. At the beginning they did a mock sports line-up of all the kids and listed each kid's favorite pastime, favorite food and future goal. Jana listed her favorite pastime as babysitting and her future goal as being a midwife. It's entirely possible that she's content as hell.

Slightly OT:

My belief is that the following are their Pinterest accounts: (breaking links because I figure that's safer since Im not sure if I should or not...)

Anna ("Sue Smith") - pinterest.com/annadurrar/

Jill ("Jilly Dilly") - pinterest.com/ipreferatext/

Jana ("Janny Nalon") - pinterest.com/jannynal/

When you compare them (and I will note here that a while back, Jana and Anna were "followed" by Jill but I see now that is no longer the case...) it is very clear how "momish" Jana is. Lots of pins for small child education, a lot of nutrition and recipes, etc. She is by far my favorite Duggar.

Interesting that Anna* chose "Smith" and Josh chose "Simthson"...Perhaps they are meant to be!

*hop aboard the ISB!

Here's my theory about Jana (and Jinger, too) and why they aren't married or courting yet. I don't think they are ready to run, but I think they do have certain reservations about specific bits of their ideology. In a way, this is harder for them to screen out of potential mates than just flat out walking away. They want to please their family and be part of their family, but they don't know how to talk about this with chaperones around. Even if it's just not wearing skirts, which is something that I think that their family would overlook in the grand scheme of life, is impossible to talk about while under their father's authority. I think it's hard to talk about anything not Gothard-approved, even if it's still conservative Christianity. How are they supposed to trust someone enough to commit to them if they can't tell how fundy they really are?

Jill and Jessa had the advantage of being true believers, of everything, so they can screen and commit more wholeheartedly. There's no provisio in their beliefs for half-believers or skeptics, so they have to guard their hearts more thoroughly.

This is very true and it's good to be reminded that we're all just speculating. It's very easy to get caught up in that speculation which is why there are rules and cautions about just where that speculation can go.

All that being said, this site is all about the snark--and what fun would that be without massive, unfounded speculation? :wink-kitty:

This is very true and it's good to be reminded that we're all just speculating. It's very easy to get caught up in that speculation which is why there are rules and cautions about just where that speculation can go.

All that being said, this site is all about the snark--and what fun would that be without massive, unfounded speculation? :wink-kitty:

:lol:

I absolutely get it. I just like to take time to remind people that speculation is not fact. I don't think anyone here really was saying that X, Y, and Z simply MUST be true about Jana because they said so, but its still good to have a reminder once in a while (especially about Jana since people seem rather attached to the person they think she is.)

I really do think she will end up with someone from Gothard HQ. I'm still not sold on Brandon Keilen, he seems very stiff and off to me... but I can definitely see Jana with someone like him, or TDFW.

:agree:

Jana and Brandon Keilan? Is this a just a rumor or speculation.

ETA: My reading comprehension.... :embarrassed: I thought this was about Brandon's brother. I didn't even realize I wrote Brandon's name :cracking-up: :embarrassed:

Jana and Jill have both said offensive things post marriage - minimising molestation, any gay etc. And honestly, even if they have gotten over what happened, and have forgiven Smugs for Joshgate 1.0, talking about how it was nothing, and they're over it is irresponsible. It means that others who are watching who went through the same thing/similar will feel guilty for it being a big deal to them. It can mean parents using that against their children, look at the Duggars, they put safeguards in place and forgave each other why won't you get over what your sibling did to you?

I can't speak for them, I don't know if they really are over what happened, I don't know they aren't. But minimising molestation in public is dangerous.

If Jana & Jinger (& ? Joy - 18 soon) got married and kept their mouths shut about unpopular things a la Erin & Alyssa Bates, they won't lose the public support like their sisters.

Jill and Jessa got so much hate before Josh's scandals. It was :cray-cray: It was not about unpopular opinions. We wanted then to disown their family, use birth control and become liberal atheist :lol: .FJ went insane when Jill announced her pregnancy.

If Jana marries a fundie man and doesn't leave the quiverfull lifestyle..... :popcorn:

I rewatched the second TLC Duggar special, "Raising 16 Children" on YouTube over the weekend. At the beginning they did a mock sports line-up of all the kids and listed each kid's favorite pastime, favorite food and future goal. Jana listed her favorite pastime as babysitting and her future goal as being a midwife. It's entirely possible that she's content as hell.

It is. That's sad to those of us not raised in it. But we must remember that that is all she knows. She's seen worldly life thru the lens of Gothard-life. She knows all the family skeletons too being one of the oldest. She remembers hard-core Gothard life and doing a full days Mom/Wife work [albeit without the night time "Fun" for the wife] at about age 10. She can raise a kid with her eyes closed and knows it. It may be though that she is too attached to her little siblings or that she hasn't liked anyone who has wanted to court or that she lost out on someone she did want (i.e. he didn't reciprocate).

It is. That's sad to those of us not raised in it. But we must remember that that is all she knows. She's seen worldly life thru the lens of Gothard-life. She knows all the family skeletons too being one of the oldest. She remembers hard-core Gothard life and doing a full days Mom/Wife work [albeit without the night time "Fun" for the wife] at about age 10. She can raise a kid with her eyes closed and knows it. It may be though that she is too attached to her little siblings or that she hasn't liked anyone who has wanted to court or that she lost out on someone she did want (i.e. he didn't reciprocate).

If this guy exists and we figure out who it is, the FJ collective will kick his behind to you know where.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I see no marriage in Jana's future, unless it be later in her life to a widower who's kids are raised. She's raised enough kids, why would she want to start her own quiver? I was the oldest daughter of (only) 8 kids. My mother did NOT burden me with child-raising responsibilities, yet I had as much of being a little mother as I desired and felt no urge to have my own. I would think she has a rather comfortable life now that her sibs are growing up and has the household down to a smooth-running machine. Her parents will have her to competently run their household and care for them as they age, why should they want to marry her off? Her more youthfull and fertile younger sisters will sell much more quickly as fundy wives. If she feels happy and content running her parents' household, why look for a new headship?

Though one of the first things a nurse told me in the hospital was that there is no 'Right Way' to react to being raped, molested, sa, etc, when one of my daughters said something that surprised a short laugh out of me while we were waiting for the State Trooper to show up, I became horrified that I'd laughed and promptly got hysterical. Since my way of dealing with almost everything is with my sense of humor, I dealt with it 'my way'. Right now I am a little sick just wondering how many of you are going to judge me for that short laugh and believe I was faking, or something is wrong with me, blah blah blah. I KNOW no one will...but we've been taught in society that people who are sexually abused are doubted and victimized many times over by the system and society. And it's true.

The odd part is, I started this reply to say "Don't be silly! No one will think they should feel guilty because they don't shrug off their abuse just because Jessa and Jill supposedly did!" Then I noticed that sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach typing out that I'd laughed and I realized I was proving OP's point. :roll:

I'm not sure Jana is as sweet as she's portrayed. In the episode where Joy was trying to get the little ones to practice a song, she threatened to get Jana if they didn't obey. That struck a nerve with me and the little ones.

I'm not sure Jana is as sweet as she's portrayed. In the episode where Joy was trying to get the little ones to practice a song, she threatened to get Jana if they didn't obey. That struck a nerve with me and the little ones.

Its all speculation, we don't know. Has she punished the littles? Almost certainly as the oldest girl and chief sister mom. Is she cruel about it? Who knows

As to the threat to get Jana if the little's didn't obey, is that any different to me minding siblings with a huge difference and threatening to get my mum when they were being difficult. That threat of Joy's may well have been the duggar equivalent as my threat to get mum. Authority does not have to mean cruelness. My mum wields it without yelling/hitting. We have no idea how Jana uses hers, either way.

Its all speculation, we don't know. Has she punished the littles? Almost certainly as the oldest girl and chief sister mom. Is she cruel about it? Who knows

As to the threat to get Jana if the little's didn't obey, is that any different to me minding siblings with a huge difference and threatening to get my mum when they were being difficult. That threat of Joy's may well have been the duggar equivalent as my threat to get mum. Authority does not have to mean cruelness. My mum wields it without yelling/hitting. We have no idea how Jana uses hers, either way.

I think Joy threatening to get Jana actually says more about J'Chelle than it does either of them.

I think Joy threatening to get Jana actually says more about J'Chelle than it does either of them.

well to be fair, in that episode they were practicing for a surprise for Michelle and JB, so I can see why Joy would have referred to Jana rather than Michelle or JB.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived