IGNORED

Duggar Fox News Interviews - Mild, Inappropriate Lying

happy atheist

Gothard is probably trying to figure out a way to keep control even after death.

I wonder if some people just don't realize how messed up all of ATI is so that is why they trust the BoD when they say that BG stepped down.

Don't be silly, Gothard died years ago, but came back to life as a zombie, but needs a fresh supply of the blood of virgin girls to stop himself from falling apart.

Why else do you think he looks so creepy and hasn't changed much in years.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I find the discussion about Law Enforcement interesting, I do want to take a moment to remind people that not all LEO are bad people or immoral people. Many police officers are good people who go beyond what they are asked to do in order to help others - whether that's trying to save a life during a violent robbery or solve a crime. And while they may not have a job that is always dangerous, I do find it misleading to claim that they're jobs aren't really that dangerous at all. Maybe Police in small towns with low crime rates don't face a lot of danger, but Police in other areas of the country do face very real danger.

I also want to say that it is a good idea to have a lawyer with you or at least consult with one ahead of time if you need to go in to make a statement about something. It's always good to try and prepare a bit.

Basically, just in my own personal opinion, its more important to know what rights you do and don't have. If you know those, then you're going in better prepared then a lot of people and the bad cops out there will have a tougher time trying to take advantage of the situation.

I agree not all Police are immoral. Although any cop who refuses to cross the thin blue line to report a fellow officer is imo immoral.

But it propaganda that police have inherently dangerous jobs.

Many police will go their entire career never even arresting anyone.

You can go to the police run national LE memorial fund website and see how many are killed a year.

Compare that to how many there are and you seenwhy it isn't even in the top ten most dangerous job in the United States.

And I live outside one of the most dangerous cities in the US.

I agree not all Police are immoral. Although any cop who refuses to cross the thin blue line to report a fellow officer is imo immoral.

But it propaganda that police have inherently dangerous jobs.

Many police will go their entire career never even arresting anyone.

You can go to the police run national LE memorial fund website and see how many are killed a year.

Compare that to how many there are and you seenwhy it isn't even in the top ten most dangerous job in the United States.

And I live outside one of the most dangerous cities in the US.

Wrong board.

FJ is EXTREMELY lenient on off-topic compared to most boards - but off-topic in passing, or even as a small rabbit trail, is one thing. This has far exceeded that.

When it takes more effort to scroll past than it's worth - it's enough. Sick of it.

Wrong board.

FJ is EXTREMELY lenient on off-topic compared to most boards - but off-topic in passing, or even as a small rabbit trail, is one thing. This has far exceeded that.

When it takes more effort to scroll past than it's worth - it's enough. Sick of it.

Then skip it.

This was legit drift from the legality of the Duggar Record Release.

If you and Palimpsest and anyone else have something to contribute then contribute.

This whinging of yours is also OFF-TOPIC.

Wrong board.

I agree.

ApologistsBeDamned, I respect your opinion. It sounds as if you have a good deal of experience with such matters. I agree that it does become a problem when cops don't report one another. Would you like to start a new thread in another board and post the link quickly here for anyone interested? That way the discussion could still continue over there and we could move forward with Mild, Inappropriate Lying discussions here.

They have what is called a catwalk. A balcony that goes from one side of house to other. Open on both sides.

Upstairs on one side is boys room with bathroom and media room.

Then on the other side is the girls rooms, bathroom and then master bedroom and bath.

There is a floor plan floating around here on FJ somewhere. Or maybe google it.

See, I knew that the upstairs floor plan was kind of odd. I didn't realize there was so much separation between the girls' room and the boys' room though. Knowing what we do now, it makes perfect sense. Separate the sexes and put the girls close to the parents who completely and totally failed to protect them in any sense of the word. :angry-banghead:

I agree.

ApologistsBeDamned, I respect your opinion. It sounds as if you have a good deal of experience with such matters. I agree that it does become a problem when cops don't report one another. Would you like to start a new thread in another board and post the link quickly here for anyone interested? That way the discussion could still continue over there and we could move forward with Mild, Inappropriate Lying discussions here.

I would have no problem with that at all.

But I strongly suspect this whining is because people don't like anyone disgreeing with them yet they have no intelligent response.

The fact there is thread drift everywhere and this thread even has discussions about floor plans etc solidifies it for me.

See, I knew that the upstairs floor plan was kind of odd. I didn't realize there was so much separation between the girls' room and the boys' room though. Knowing what we do now, it makes perfect sense. Separate the sexes and put the girls close to the parents who completely and totally failed to protect them in any sense of the word. :angry-banghead:

This logic of theirs baffles me since, it's my understanding the 2002-2003 incidents happened in their smaller house and at least 3 out of 5 instances were not in the girls' bedroom and were instead in "public" parts of the house.

Also you have to go past the parents room to get to the girls.room.

Interesting considering the "safeguards" were probably built into this house.

Also you have to go past the parents room to get to the girls.room.

Interesting considering the "safeguards" were probably built into this house.

Which is an effective deterrent only if the parents' room's door is open. Given the rate of breeding going on in there, I'm assuming that it was mostly closed.

This logic of theirs baffles me since, it's my understanding the 2002-2003 incidents happened in their smaller house and at least 3 out of 5 instances were not in the girls' bedroom and were instead in "public" parts of the house.

It's like flying an airplane that you suspect has a high likelihood of engine failure, so you make sure the flotation devices and oxygen masks are in good working order, instead of, you know, fixing the engine. :wtf:

ETA words

Which is an effective deterrent only if the parents' room's door is open. Given the rate of breeding going on in there, I'm assuming that it was mostly closed.

I remember reading years ago where Michelle said thebtry to have an open door policy after a certain time at night so the little kids can come in when scared or the.big kids can talk or ask for prayer guidance.

She said if the door was closed then they knew only emergencies.

I will go see if I can google it.

Good point. Maybe the catwalk and open plan was so they could look down on the sleeping couch.

Also I always found it odd the location of the guest room.

I remember reading years ago where Michelle said thebtry to have an open door policy after a certain time at night so the little kids can come in when scared or the.big kids can talk or ask for prayer guidance.

She said if the door was closed then they knew only emergencies.

I will go see if I can google it.

tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/michelle-duggars-blog/why-michelle-duggar-has-4-am-open-door-policy/

Why Michelle Duggar Has a 4 a.m. Open Door Policy

When it comes to letting our kids climb into bed with us -- whether it's during a storm and they're scared, or they just need to be comforted -- I'm not such a strict parent. I welcome them. I realize how fast these days with the little ones are going, and I remember back to my little boys coming in and climbing in bed. By morning we sometimes had three or four kids in the bed!

I welcome the moments when the children need that extra comfort and encouragement with us. Sometimes they just need that closeness -- the comfort that comes from being near Mom and Dad. And while I feel like it's important for them, they also know that when Mom and Dad's door is locked, that's it (unless it's an emergency).

I started to keep the door open because when my boys we're little they'd be halfway asleep and they'd bam into the door if it was closed -- we'd hear this ka-thud sound. Now it's usually our youngest kids, our four little girls that'll make their way into our room.

We always have extra pillows and blankets in the closet for that reason, because often if we have two or three in our bed -- we only have a queen-size bed -- we can't move; we get kinks in our neck. We're getting old! So we have pillows and blankets they can spread out on the floor.

It doesn't happen all the time, but if our family is walking through a traumatic experience, like the death of Grandpa Duggar or little Jubilee, some of the older ones may come in room in the middle of the night and just ask us to pray with them. We realize they need to work through something. I think as parents we just need to be sensitive to our children and respect them as individuals and try to understand what they're going through.

After all, I sometimes have things that bother me, and I wake up in the middle of the night. The first thing I want to do is talk to my husband, Jim Bob. And he doesn't get all bent out of shape when I do that. I think we should respect our kids in the same way -- they need to talk, too, even if it's at 3 or 4 a.m. Typically the middle of the night migration into our bedroom happens with the kids that are around 4, 5, 6 and 7 years old. They tend to grow out of it around 6. But it just depends on the child.

Some of them are more sensitive, and to them their love language is touch. They need that encouragement and that touch and that affection, like, "Yes, you're great. You're a super person. I love you," and so for them it could take a little longer to grow out of it.

Copyright © 2015 Discovery Communications, LLC. The World's #1 Nonfiction Media Company.

I would have no problem with that at all.

But I strongly suspect this whining is because people don't like anyone disgreeing with them yet they have no intelligent response.

The fact there is thread drift everywhere and this thread even has discussions about floor plans etc solidifies it for me.

I'm sorry, but you've crossed the line from discussing this to ranting. You very clearly have an axe to grind with law enforcement and the government in general. So be it. Society needs people to make a noise and help keep those in power accountable. But Free Jinger is not your personal soapbox. I'm glad that you have a wealthy husband and have been able to devote the past decade of your life to volunteering for your cause. That's awesome for you. I work in law enforcement. I have family members and friends who work in law enforcement. Some of them have spent 10, 20, 30 years of their lives protecting my community and are frankly the best people I know. I and everyone I work with have an intimate knowledge of, and have been personally affected by the risk and at times tragic loss involved in this field. I'm not saying all cops are saints. I'm not saying there are no laws that need to be changed, or that people shouldn't know and exercise their rights. I've just sat here and bit my tongue as I've seen screed after screed from you about your hatred for law enforcement, and I can't bite my tongue anymore. Thank you. We get it. You've made your point. Please move on.

Hi all - been lurking and reading for months but only recently registered. Statement Analysis (on blogspot) has weighed in with some very interesting commentary on the interview with the parents. Hoping that they blog about Jill and Jessa's interview next.

How strange to design your house with at least one goal of making sure that your kids don't sexually assault each other. You'd think that at some point in that planning process you'd stop and wonder how the eff you got to this place?

Thanks for pulling the episode recap re: the open door. I call shenanigans on the littles going to Michelle when they were scared and not their sister moms.

I'm sorry, but you've crossed the line from discussing this to ranting. You very clearly have an axe to grind with law enforcement and the government in general. So be it. Society needs people to make a noise and help keep those in power accountable. But Free Jinger is not your personal soapbox. I'm glad that you have a wealthy husband and have been able to devote the past decade of your life to volunteering for your cause. That's awesome for you. I work in law enforcement. I have family members and friends who work in law enforcement. Some of them have spent 10, 20, 30 years of their lives protecting my community and are frankly the best people I know. I and everyone I work with have an intimate knowledge of, and have been personally affected by the risk and at times tragic loss involved in this field. I'm not saying all cops are saints. I'm not saying there are no laws that need to be changed, or that people shouldn't know and exercise their rights. I've just sat here and bit my tongue as I've seen screed after screed from you about your hatred for law enforcement, and I can't bite my tongue anymore. Thank you. We get it. You've made your point. Please move on.

So thread drift and continuing with your post is just fine so long as the whiners agree.with what you said?

Very convenient that you bit your tongue until such time as it was agreed the discussion would end and then you go off topic.

In some ways I think the open-door policy from the Duggar parents is one of the few positive things I see in their parenting. I believe it's absolutely true that older kids who are feeling troubled by something may want to pray with their parents, and the willingness of the parents to do so at whatever hour is extremely important for the child to feel validated within the family. I also think that it's cruel for parents to turn away a child who is afraid of something like a storm, assuming that child isn't always begging to sleep in the bed with them. Having a bed of their own and being required to sleep in it is important to establish healthy boundaries between parent and child and to promote independence in that child. They shouldn't be in the bed all the time. But I think that if a child is afraid or upset about something, that the comfort and emotional support of the parent should be available. And in this family, there are so many that they may never have the opportunity to receive that during the day. And if something is bothering them, keeping them awake at night, they should be able to approach their parents for help.

However, I still have doubts that this is effectively dealt with in the family. First of all, many of the youngest children sleep in bed with an older sister rather than having their own bed, so they aren't necessarily developing the emotional tools needed to sleep alone without constant supervision, and the independence that comes with being able to take care of themselves at night and in the early morning may not be developing normally because of that. I also feel that, especially during times that are traumatic for the family, certain children may get that comfort because of their ability to articulate what is bothering them and what they think would be helpful to do about it, where younger children who are upset may not have the same thing offered to them, or may be taking their troubles to a sister-mom who is not as able to address their fears and discomfort as their actual parent would be. So I think the message here is good - the parents absolutely should be available to the children to help them deal with emotional problems at night, and not locked out with no exceptions. But I don't necessarily believe that the Duggars are following through with it because so much of what they say seems to just be lip service to me. :shrug:

Copyright © 2015 Discovery Communications, LLC. The World's #1 Nonfiction Media Company.

:laughing-rolling:

Unless they left it open to discourage people passing......

Eww.

So thread drift and continuing with your post is just fine so long as the whiners agree.with what you said?

Very convenient that you bit your tongue until such time as it was agreed the discussion would end and then you go off topic.

Thank you Singsingsing. Very well put. I know and have worked with many courageous, conscientious, and very ethical police officers. This has annoyed me greatly too.

ApologiesBeDamned, and I mean this kindly, I think you should back away from your computer for a bit. You have spent the last 12 hours racking up over 40 posts mostly ranting on the same subject. I didn't read them all nor did I count them. There are 20 posts on each page when you look up a poster's history. It is time for you to take a break for your own sake. May I suggest that you open a topic on Wide World of Snark if you want to continue your discussion when you get back?

Yes, I disagree with your sweeping over-generalized indictments of law enforcement. You come over as obsessed, irrational, and very angry. I can't keep up with your posts to shoot holes in them, which I could do, because you are posting so fast. Accusing people of whining because they do not like to have to scroll past multiple, repetitive, and obsessive posts of yours is, quite frankly, ridiculous. It is also very clear that you do not read or pay attention to the valid contributions of other posters.

To other newer posters, thread drift is fine on FJ. So is disagreeing with other posters and intelligent debate.

However, making the same argument over, and over, and over, again and dominating a thread with your own particular pet issue is rude and very inconsiderate. And that is probably true for any forum on the internet, not just FJ.

The horse is no more. It has ceased to be. It's expired and gone to meet its maker. It's bereft of life and rests in peace. The horse has kicked the bucket, has shuffled off the mortal coil, has run down the curtain, and is singing in the choir invisible. It is an ex-horse.

Thank you Singsingsing. Very well put. I know and have worked with many courageous, conscientious, and very ethical police officers. This has annoyed me greatly too.

ApologiesBeDamned, and I mean this kindly, I think you should back away from your computer for a bit. You have spent the last 12 hours racking up over 40 posts mostly ranting on the same subject. I didn't read them all nor did I count them. There are 20 posts on each page when you look up a poster's history. It is time for you to take a break for your own sake. May I suggest that you open a topic on Wide World of Snark if you want to continue your discussion when you get back?

Yes, I disagree with your sweeping over-generalized indictments of law enforcement. You come over as obsessed, irrational, and very angry. I can't keep up with your posts to shoot holes in them, which I could do, because you are posting so fast. Accusing people of whining because they do not like to have to scroll past multiple, repetitive, and obsessive posts of yours is, quite frankly, ridiculous. It is also very clear that you do not read or pay attention to the valid contributions of other posters.

To other newer posters, thread drift is fine on FJ. So is disagreeing with other posters and intelligent debate.

However, making the same argument over, and over, and over, again and dominating a thread with your own particular pet issue is rude and very inconsiderate. And that is probably true for any forum on the internet, not just FJ.

The hypocrisy is over the top. I am not angry or anything. The vast majority of my posts were in direct response to questions asked by another poster so your asinine assertion I don't pay attention in patently false. I was conversing with Several other posters in fact. I wasn't just responding to missing toe nail posts and posts about floorplans with stuff off-topic about FOIA and police.

And yes, there was whining. You don't have to agree with me. But is hypocritical to whine about off-topic and then when I graciously agree to not respond anymore you and others come along with your own off topic Police input but if I reply I am "angry" and need to "step away".

You are transparent.

The hypocrisy is over the top. I am not angry or anything. The vast majority of my posts were in direct response to questions asked by another poster so your asinine assertion I don't pay attention in patently false. I was conversing with Several other posters in fact. I wasn't just responding to missing toe nail posts and posts about floorplans with stuff off-topic about FOIA and police.

And yes, there was whining. You don't have to agree with me. But is hypocritical to whine about off-topic and then when I graciously agree to not respond anymore you and others come along with your own off topic Police input but if I reply I am "angry" and need to "step away".

You are transparent.

:dead-horse:

Archived