IGNORED

Duggar Fox News Interviews - Mild, Inappropriate Lying

happy atheist

Kelly let them lie. She knew Jim Bob was lying. She let him implicate himself. She let them make ridiculous claims that there was a conspiracy against them.

She let Jim Bob go on and on about how the abuse was nothing. If she had challenged him they might have clammed up and they might have withdrawn from the Jslave interview. Instead she nodded and smiled like what they were saying made perfect sense. She kept them on track talking about what we all wanted to hear---what were his thoughts on the abuse and what did he do about it. They spilled their guts and what they had to say was pretty ugly and revealed way more about how fucked up they are then we ever imagined.

A agree. had she challenged him, they would have become extremely uncomfortable and shut down. Also, it's heavily edited, who knows what else they may have said.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A agree. had she challenged him, they would have become extremely uncomfortable and shut down. Also, it's heavily edited, who knows what else they may have said.

I get all that, but after the interview did she ever mention that they had some said suspect or disturbing things? From what I gather, she was supporting what he said.

Was there a point following the interview where she said this is what JB said, but this is what police report said, and this what we at Fox were able to surmise with the inconsistencies. If she just lets the lies stand unchallenged, who's to know they are lies unless they are interested enough to corroborate with the police report or figure out the timeline? The most I saw her do was change from saying illegal release of police report to immoral.

I was molested at four or five. I can't remember having any knowledge of sex. I still felt wrong. I knew it wasn't something normal. I felt so guilty I was afraid to tell my mom. People who have been sexually abused usually know when something is bad. I'm not still traumatized by it. But I get the same dirty uncomfortable feeling that I experienced as a child when it happened.

I think its just really hard to believe that the sisters two are totally fine. Especially if you've been in that position. I kept mine a secret for awhile. Had my mom told me I needed to forgive or id go to hell or it wasn't that big of a deal.....maybe id feel differently. Its just very hard for me to believe that you can go through that and not have an issue with it. I don't see it as a feminist or whatever....I see it has a victim.

I get all that, but after the interview did she ever mention that they had some said suspect or disturbing things? From what I gather, she was supporting what he said.

Was there a point following the interview where she said this is what JB said, but this is what police report said, and this what we at Fox were able to surmise with the inconsistencies. If she just lets the lies stand unchallenged, who's to know they are lies unless they are interested enough to corroborate with the police report or figure out the timeline? The most I saw her do was change from saying illegal release of police report to immoral.

This.

It's one thing to nod and smile in the moment, but a good reporter would point out the lies and inconsistencies to the audience.

I wonder if Megyn didn't feel like she could call them out on the inaccuracies and lies, because she so clearly was against the release of the report and stated over and over that it was illegal. So by confronting them she would admit that she not only looked at the report, but read it thoroughly enough to know the details. That way she would look like a real hypocrite.

I wonder if Megyn didn't feel like she could call them out on the inaccuracies and lies, because she so clearly was against the release of the report and stated over and over that it was illegal. So by confronting them she would admit that she not only looked at the report, but read it thoroughly enough to know the details. That way she would look like a real hypocrite.

See, personally, my thought is that, regardless of Megyn Kelly's feelings about the interview or the Duggars, and regardless of what Faux viewers want to hear, there's a different reason. I firmly believe there was a contract of sorts that said, Hey, we'll give you an interview, but you can't say anything mean about us, contradict us, or suggest we're wrong, bad, or lying.

None of that lets MK off the hook for feeding them bonbons instead of conducting an interview, and I'm sure her personal stance and Faux's stance would've taken a similar tack no matter what -- but I do bet she didn't have a whole lot of choice, if she wanted the interview at all.

So one of my close friends works at Faux News (very low on the totem pole.. recent college grad) and I saw him yesterday. I asked him if he knows anything about the Duggar interview. He told me he actually worked on some of the footage! I was ecstatic and couldn't even think of all the questions I wanted to ask him. I'll see if I can recount some of the conversation.

Me: Did the Duggars know the questions ahead of time? They seemed rehearsed?

Him: It would be unethical for us to send them the questions. Their PR person probably knew generally what would be asked though and prepped them.

Me: Why didn't Megyn Kelly grill them like she grills other people?

Him: I guess since she was in their home she didn't want to be mean (...My thoughts were like, what?? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense but ok)

Me: Where the tears and crying fake?

Him: I heard that the crew was done and wrapping up when the girls started crying and told Megyn that they had more to share.

So one of my close friends works at Faux News (very low on the totem pole.. recent college grad) and I saw him yesterday. I asked him if he knows anything about the Duggar interview. He told me he actually worked on some of the footage! I was ecstatic and couldn't even think of all the questions I wanted to ask him. I'll see if I can recount some of the conversation.

Me: Did the Duggars know the questions ahead of time? They seemed rehearsed?

Him: It would be unethical for us to send them the questions. Their PR person probably knew generally what would be asked though and prepped them.

Me: Why didn't Megyn Kelly grill them like she grills other people?

Him: I guess since she was in their home she didn't want to be mean (...My thoughts were like, what?? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense but ok)

Me: Where the tears and crying fake?

Him: I heard that the crew was done and wrapping up when the girls started crying and told Megyn that they had more to share.

... If that's true, I really want to know what else they had to share..

Archived