IGNORED

Duggar Fox News Interviews - Mild, Inappropriate Lying

happy atheist

I was too busy cringing, watching the kids with all those power tools, sans safety goggles.

he was lucky there wasn't much in the way of inspections and building to code in Wash co Arkansas at the time.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he was lucky there wasn't much in the way of inspections and building to code in Wash co Arkansas at the time.

I guess not. My mom has to plans off to engineers for beams way more often than one would expect because the city is really picky here. We don't even have earthquakes.

I guess not. My mom has to plans off to engineers for beams way more often than one would expect because the city is really picky here. We don't even have earthquakes.

I know they were following some sort of kit plan an engineer would have laid out but still I can't imagine.

N

I guess all that treatment josh got little rock made him an I beam expert.

The way I took it from the special was that the company sent the kit, the beams were defective, the company sent replacement beams for free and said to keep the old ones too. They drilled the correct holes and then bought $5,000 in materials so as to be able to use both sets of beams and make the house approximately twice as big as it was priginally supposed to be. It doesn't appear that TLC had anything to do with the house being larger than originally planned.

The way I took it from the special was that the company sent the kit, the beams were defective, the company sent replacement beams for free and said to keep the old ones too. They drilled the correct holes and then bought $5,000 in materials so as to be able to use both sets of beams and make the house approximately twice as big as it was priginally supposed to be. It doesn't appear that TLC had anything to do with the house being larger than originally planned.

However, others were responsible for finishing the job and furnishing the entire home.

Duggar Time

Laziness

Frugality

Who knows. Seems you can thread drift so long as it involves nail polish or dead horses and doesn't contain facts or intelligent debate. So go ahead and nail polish to a dead horse. It's a safe off-topic topic.

There have been legal discussions on here for ages where things were misrepresented or just downright incorrect and here I was having a legitimate intelligent discussion with several other posters and it was shut down because people found the truth inconsistent with their world view. Or I should say I decided to discontinue the discussion out of respect that wasn't necessarily due.

My experience with FIOA requests and familiarity with Northwest Arkansas politics and law enforcement is apparently viewed with skepticism and because I don't have time for nail polish and dead horses I will just leave you to your threads of speculative legal issues where the few people who try to interject actual legal facts are dismissed i.e. the DHS thread which I stayed out of but which none of these others have bothered to contribute because I can only surmise it is moving too fast?...

I want to thank the forum creator for many years of interesting reading.

And I want to think those whom I had lively discussions with- even those where we disagreed.

Enjoy, I am taking my ball and going home.

Insert dead horse here.<<<<----

:dance:

While we are generally big fans of thread drift thread here in order to keep these giant threads slightly smaller I have made a lovely thread all about police officers over in WWoS. Please feel free to continue your discussion over there viewtopic.php?f=81&t=26305

Who knows. Seems you can thread drift so long as it involves nail polish or dead horses and doesn't contain facts or intelligent debate. So go ahead and nail polish to a dead horse. It's a safe off-topic topic.

There have been legal discussions on here for ages where things were misrepresented or just downright incorrect and here I was having a legitimate intelligent discussion with several other posters and it was shut down because people found the truth inconsistent with their world view. Or I should say I decided to discontinue the discussion out of respect that wasn't necessarily due.

My experience with FIOA requests and familiarity with Northwest Arkansas politics and law enforcement is apparently viewed with skepticism and because I don't have time for nail polish and dead horses I will just leave you to your threads of speculative legal issues where the few people who try to interject actual legal facts are dismissed i.e. the DHS thread which I stayed out of but which none of these others have bothered to contribute because I can only surmise it is moving too fast?...

I want to thank the forum creator for many years of interesting reading.

And I want to think those whom I had lively discussions with- even those where we disagreed.

Enjoy, I am taking my ball and going home.

Insert dead horse here.<<<<----

:dance:

Looks like it's Scarlet time

golden_flounce.jpg

Can someone with better knowledge of Arkansas codes say if there's precedent for the chief suing for slander, etc?

Well, all that thread drift about cops was disturbing, since we just had an officer murdered here the other day. His partner is apparently only alive because of his bullet proof vest. The murdered officer had a 4 year old and a 6 year old. It's very rare for police to be killed here, so it's been a rough few days.

Anyway, are we on nail polish now? I never can manage to not chip it immediately, so I almost never wear it. I have a bit of envy for people who have the time energy and skill to wear it without instant destruction. :lol:

I have a feeling if DHS is investigating them now, they could be in a lot of trouble. My first suspicion about why they were doing a welfare check is Josie's seizure and/or the lack of supports they've had for her to help her recover from being so premature.

I'm also wondering how long In Touch will wait to release whatever else they have. I suspect they're going to draw it out and just release bits and pieces for weeks. :stir-pot:

God I hope the county, police, and anyone else can sue for slander. I'd love to see Jim Boob bought down, :music-tool:

I'm asking this separately because, if true, it could be a separate topic. I've been reading in comments on other articles that they're considering suing since the interview backfired so much that there's speculation that Kelly gave them just enough rope to hang themselves with, and that she might have done it on purpose. But I can't find anything to back this up. Does anyone know if it's true?

Theyre not going to get very far with that. Doesn't matter whether Megyn intended to make them look good or bad, they did the interview, they said what they said, they consented for it to go on TV, and it did. Nothing illegal happened, and if they didn't want anything said they should have not said it, knowing it was on film and would be on TV.

I doubt it. First, on what grounds? And second, if they sue, this scandal will never go away, a trial could take several years, and it's certainly not the Duggars interest to prolong the publics interest in this story.

Well, all that thread drift about cops was disturbing, since we just had an officer murdered here the other day. His partner is apparently only alive because of his bullet proof vest. The murdered officer had a 4 year old and a 6 year old. It's very rare for police to be killed here, so it's been a rough few days.

Anyway, are we on nail polish now? I never can manage to not chip it immediately, so I almost never wear it. I have a bit of envy for people who have the time energy and skill to wear it without instant destruction. :lol:

I have a feeling if DHS is investigating them now, they could be in a lot of trouble. My first suspicion about why they were doing a welfare check is Josie's seizure and/or the lack of supports they've had for her to help her recover from being so premature.

I'm also wondering how long In Touch will wait to release whatever else they have. I suspect they're going to draw it out and just release bits and pieces for weeks. :stir-pot:

As much as I would love In Touch to have a real story that is damning to JB & M (not all the kids), I think all they have is the 911 stuff and fall out drama. If they had something disproving the stories? Or undue influence while in politics, that's something. But to me it seems DHS would get involved right now because all the kids are high risk due to the drama. Who knows if Josie can even keep regular follow up appts for her seizures because of this. At this point it is natural fallout microscope crap. "Josh is moving" "ooooo. Gosselin bodyguard." "Derrick quit his job." "Sarah Palin's still insane." To me creating a story around a 911 call is just harrassment of the family. Who knows if an anonymous unfounded tip came in to stir up more trouble and DHS HAD to investigate all tips...It is no different from paparazzi chasing Princess Di. And they'd better tread lightly, cuz then the general public will thibk the "Duggars were attacked by liberal media".

I guess I missed this in other threads. Is there a source article somewhere speculating that they intend to sue??

As much as I would love In Touch to have a real story that is damning to JB & M (not all the kids), I think all they have is the 911 stuff and fall out drama. If they had something disproving the stories? Or undue influence while in politics, that's something. But to me it seems DHS would get involved right now because all the kids are high risk due to the drama. Who knows if Josie can even keep regular follow up appts for her seizures because of this. At this point it is natural fallout microscope crap. "Josh is moving" "ooooo. Gosselin bodyguard." "Derrick quit his job." "Sarah Palin's still insane." To me creating a story around a 911 call is just harrassment of the family. Who knows if an anonymous unfounded tip came in to stir up more trouble and DHS HAD to investigate all tips...It is no different from paparazzi chasing Princess Di. And they'd better tread lightly, cuz then the general public will thibk the "Duggars were attacked by liberal media".

To be honest, I can't say that I blame them for not wanting to let the person into the house right now. I don't know whether the person showed them credentials or not (I would hope they did), but its possible the Duggars were concerned this was someone just attempting to get access to the house in order to tell the media what was going on inside. I'd probably hesitate to allow an outsider into the house at the moment if I were them too.

I wouldn't out put it past the Duggars to scream about suing someone, but there is no legal basis for it. They weren't tricked, deceived, cleverly edited or misrepresented. It is no one's fault but their own if going on TV and stating everyone in their cult deals with child molestation and it's no big deal and then making their daughters defend their molester didn't win them the support they apparently thought that it would.

Honestly, if anyone should be suing, I'd say it's the police chief they went on national TV and accused of taking bribes, having an agenda to get them or some other improper motive for "illegally" releasing the police report.

They're more than likely just blowing smoke. Although I do agree it would be somewhat amusing to watch them attempt to sue.

Archived