IGNORED

Chad Paine has attended Journey to the Heart SEVEN times

Boogalou

I'm not wild about how much those websites look like government sites, in some senses. The seal-like logos are misleading and sound official enough that unsuspecting passersby would probably be like :pink-shock: if they delved a bit deeper.

Never thought of that, but now that you mention it... Wouldn't be shocked if it was an attempt at subliminal messaging. Or maybe it's just an expression of how they view their ideal future America, organized according to their beliefs... isn't that the point of all their training, anyways?

I was there very close to after that article was written.

It is one of the stranger sights in South Dallas: each day, when the weather is fair, 125 teenage girls stream out of the Ambassador hotel and cross the street into Old City Park.

The girls are dressed almost identically, in navy blue smocks and skirts and crisp, lace-collared blouses, their long hair cinched with bows or bands. All but a few of the teens are white.

Through the tall hedges surrounding the park, one can see the line of them curling like a white ribbon among the turn-of-the-century shops, homes, and artisans' sheds. They walk briskly, giggling among themselves, catching a bit of fresh air and exercise.

Then, after a half-hour of padding the park's circular paths, the girls round the hedge and return to the old hotel, entering two abreast. The big mahogany doors lock behind them.

I remember doing this and we would have people come out and stare and sometimes try to talk to us. We were not allowed to answer or talk to anyone. This was the only time we were allowed outside and if you did anything (like didn't have your bed made exactly like they told you or walked too quickly inside) you were punished by having this outside time taken away.

Some of those people were still there being leaders when I was there.

I could not stand this woman and her stupid song she forced us to sing all the time so she could stand up there and laugh.

Bernadine Cantrell, a woman with big hair and a thick Southern accent, initiated the day's topic: "Pursuing the practice of hospitality."

"We have had neighbors who moved into our neighborhood, and seven women were standing at the door with a pound cake," she says.

advertisement

She then leads the girls in a silly ditty, complete with hand motions. Some girls giggle at the line, "I was as happy as could be with my banjo on my knee." But all participate enthusiastically.

The effect is surreal--a room full of American teens putting their hands over their heads and making like a spreading chestnut tree.

Sounds like the League of German Girls

I have a question, I hope it is not too off topic. Is Chad relate to Crystal and her husband of Money Saving Mom?

I have a question, I hope it is not too off topic. Is Chad relate to Crystal and her husband of Money Saving Mom?

They're not. One of the commenters on the Bates blog asked.

post-10281-14452000389794_thumb.jpg

A happy little threesome!

An old post on Waller family website from 2007. (visionserve.org)

Pic says

"David, Robert Staddon and Chad Paine, three young men that work closely with Mr Gothard."

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

A happy little threesome!

An old post on Waller family website from 2007. (visionserve.org)

Pic says

"David, Robert Staddon and Chad Paine, three young men that work closely with Mr Gothard."

They look like they are rehearsing the "French Mistake".

Please pray for the two teams as we focus on seeking the Lord with all of our Heart!!"

Why do fundies refer to their hearts a a single thing instead of each having their own?

Archived