IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 12

homeschoolmomma1

Are the Duggar heads exploding right now with the news of the Supreme Court ruling on recognizing same sex marriage? Just when they could have used Josh at FRC pontificating; now they just have to stew privately.

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are the Duggar heads exploding right now with the news of the Supreme Court ruling on recognizing same sex marriage? Just when they could have used Josh at FRC pontificating; now they just have to stew privately.

SEE?? The gays in the liberal media conspired to get Joshie out of FRC so they could get their gay marriage agenda passed. Poor poor Smuggar.

This will be a test for Ben... can he hold off not saying something.

Did I say say he became a director of a hate pac bc of his ability? No, Im not attributing it to Josh's smarts, of course he got it bc of the show. What Im saying is he got a job through whatever means that people straight out of law school don't get so why would he go to law school.

People suggested that he go to college, and Im saying this dope doesn't need to bc he has connections that get him on a board of a college.

Post-scandal there was predictions was that his career prospects were nil, but he's fine. He's unwanted in public eye, and sure that kills him, but it looks like he's found a way to actually make some money.

Bottom line is Im not saying he has some special skill or ability, but what I am saying is he always seems to do better than what the FJ career suggestions.

Maybe, but anyone that has setup this many companies, ect is taking notes right out of Jim Boob and J'chelle's playbook. There is something odd going on, because one does not start companies to just do that. It's some kind of money laundering operation, IMHO. As all their companies probably are.

I'm sure if our parents were scam artists, we would know how to make money scamming other people. Not saying that they are, but that's the example I'm using.

Now, for a fundie Christian family with 'supposed' biblical values, why is money so important anyway. And who need company after company to funnel money through.

Can we find their tax records? I'd love to see how they are dividing all this money up between these companies?

It's just not normal. And since Jim Boob is and has been involved so heavily in politics, I see SIRENS with RED FLASHING lights. Call me crazy.

I wonder if J'Chelle's lesbian sister will marry now. TLC should film that.

This. Times 1,000. TLC producers are you lurking? I ABSOLUTELY would tune into this.

This. Times 1,000. TLC producers are you lurking? I ABSOLUTELY would tune into this.

I would pay to watch that.

Maybe, but anyone that has setup this many companies, ect is taking notes right out of Jim Boob and J'chelle's playbook. There is something odd going on, because one does not start companies to just do that. It's some kind of money laundering operation, IMHO. As all their companies probably are.

I'm sure if our parents were scam artists, we would know how to make money scamming other people. Not saying that they are, but that's the example I'm using.

Now, for a fundie Christian family with 'supposed' biblical values, why is money so important anyway. And who need company after company to funnel money through.

Can we find their tax records? I'd love to see how they are dividing all this money up between these companies?

It's just not normal. And since Jim Boob is and has been involved so heavily in politics, I see SIRENS with RED FLASHING lights. Call me crazy.

Perhaps Derrick quit his job to help set up these new companies?

Perhaps Derrick quit his job to help set up these new companies?

Poor simple Derrick probably doesn't have the capability to set up and manage the complications of shell game companies. I can't see him going back to school to gain the skills either, since he's saddled with an extremely needy wife.

So this liberation re. makeup does not continue to hair?

I'm suprised none of the girls highlight their brown locks. It seems JB+M both dye theirs brown.

In group photos, the most comical thing is seeing that monotonous sea of brown.

I don't have a Jim Boob answer, but in one of the early specials, J'Chelle told us (while wearing some very bright red lipstick) that they keep modest with the way they dress and try to draw attention to their "countenance" or face. She says they they do this per the Bible...

Yeah, but half the draw was that they had so many kids. The bus rides instead of car rides. The ducklings following after mom & dad. The older girls watching the little ones. The girls clothes, dorm living, pseudo parents of their buddies. The cooking, chores, ect.

Jill and Jessa will have one child each and two husbands. Very different, IMHO. But then the audience may like it, but it wont be like 19K&C and if people won't accept JB & J'chelle or Josh (which I don't think they will) then it's not like they can write them in to the storylines well.

See what I mean?

I know I'm way late in responding (I'm soooo behind on this thread), but really, I'm sure this would be a show people would watch!

Two husbands each, eh? They could call it the Duggar Brother Husbands.... :lol:

I wish I could see the Duggars' faces right now. "wahhh the ebil gays are persecuting us Christians"

GFY.

They should indeed. I wonder what JB and M would do if TLC told them they could keep their show, but only if they (the whole Duggar bunch) were willing to do a special where they would have to help plan and organize Michelle's sister's wedding, be there in church, smile and be all happy for her.

I'm on board with this. I can see the Duggar clan forming a prayer circle at the wedding to pray away the gay. Yay for marriage equality!

I'm on board with this. I can see the Duggar clan forming a prayer circle at the wedding to pray away the gay. Yay for marriage equality!

Yes PLEASE make this happen! I would even volunteer to scoop ice cream into plastic cups!

I agree 100%. Not normal to have so many LLCs floating about. Would love to see a tax audit of the Duggars. Perhaps the Josh-scandal will draw additional attention to the Duggars.

They should indeed. I wonder what JB and M would do if TLC told them they could keep their show, but only if they (the whole Duggar bunch) were willing to do a special where they would have to help plan and organize Michelle's sister's wedding, be there in church, smile and be all happy for her.

UG. I doubt Michelle's sister would want them anywhere near planning her wedding. This would be a time of celebration and closeness, not having to deal with close-minded questionable taste bigots trying to re-purpose 100s of flamingos, trash the brides' car, write annoying messages on chalkboards, make really annoying banners, JBs stupid jokes, etc etc.

I'm suprised none of the girls highlight their brown locks. It seems JB+M both dye theirs brown.

So I can't believe I am choosing to comment on hair color and not gay marriage. (But yes, Michelle's sister's wedding -- I'd watch that!)

So, anyway... to me it looks like Jinger dyes her hair darker and Jana might dye her hair blonder. However, they have both darker and lighter hair than Jill & Jessa respectively and it's likely they would dye it b/c their hair looks better on camera when dyed. That said, if they do dye it, it is likely all-over color which is possible to maintain without a stylist. Jill & Jessa's hair would look better highlighted vs. an overall color, which they wouldn't do b/c it is too expensive.

Because we chose to believe that the accusations were made up by trolls. I hope we have learned our lesson and will do a little digging around if there are other allegations of abuse or molestation in any fundie family.

The accusations were SO "out there" that people could be forgiven for assuming they couldn't possibly be true. I figured if they were remotely true then we would already know about it as it is not something that it easily hidden... or so we hoped.

Sadly, I think that every fundie family will now automatically be under suspicion. They have JB to thank for that since he claimed on national television that its common.

Defrauder, we discussed the 2/3 figure earlier as well as several of the other points you're raising. Please use the search function before asking FJ to rehash old news.

Am I supposed to use the search function to check everything someone says in a reply to me? And then not respond if its been discussed somewhere before?

Also...is no one allowed to discuss topics that someone else discussed before?

Am I supposed to use the search function to check everything someone says in a reply to me? And then not respond if its been discussed somewhere before?

Also...is no one allowed to discuss topics that someone else discussed before?

In short, YES. Before you ask the question, look to see if it hasn't already been answered.

In long, it was my fault responding to your 2/3 question. It was discussed so much on the board. I was actually surprised you were asking about it and then asking AGAIN... I was being lazy by not directing you to the recent threads where it has been previously discussed and discussed and discussed more. My bad. And I have to admit it is a little rough when the same topics come up repeatedly. And I'm a short timer. I can imagine what it's like for the veterans.

But I have noticed that there are a few topics that are new to you, that are old hat to the board. It's worth doing some back reading-- there are some really fun posts out there.

If you want to bring up an old topic, an option you might want to try, is taking a new spin on it. It shows that you did the search, and were able to put new life into it with a new POV. Suddenly an old topic becomes compelling again. Just a suggestion.

I am under the impression that they ARE highlighting their hair. Especially Jessa. If these are their natural hair colours they are very fortunate because all the girls have beautiful colour.

In short, YES. Before you ask the question, look to see if it hasn't already been answered.

In long, it was my fault responding to your 2/3 question. It was discussed so much on the board. I was actually surprised you were asking about it and then asking AGAIN... I was being lazy by not directing you to the recent threads where it has been previously discussed and discussed and discussed more. My bad. And I have to admit it is a little rough when the same topics come up repeatedly. And I'm a short timer. I can imagine what it's like for the veterans.

But I have noticed that there are a few topics that are new to you, that be old hat to the board. It's worth doing some back reading-- there are some really fun posts out there.

If you want to bring up an old topic, an option you might want to try, is taking a new spin on it. It shows that you did the search, and were able to put new life into it with a new POV. Suddenly an old topic becomes compelling again. Just a suggestion.

Actually, part of the problem is these giant threads that involve several different topics. I have never seen this method of forum organization before. Other models have many single issue threads and when one of them sprouts new topics the thread is split. When the threads start getting repetitive they become locked. It makes it easy for members to avoid the topics that they don't want to read about anymore, but also allows anybody to discuss whatever topic they wish.

ie: a subforum on Anna. Multiple threads--1 for what she wears--another for her parenting skills---another to judge her continued love for Josh based on speculation about the intensity of her zombie eyed stare. More single topic threads concerning whatever pressing Anna issue du jour. That way people can just not read the zombie stare thread if they just can't abide talking about it anymore.

The way it is now (using this thread as an example) there are 5 or more topics going on and everybody has to read all the topics to find their pet topic. Then people seem to get upset if someone brings up something another poster said 43 pages ago.

I realise it is difficult to mod a forum--trust me I've been a mod in a rather spirited forum so I am well aware. However, as a new member I have to say that it feels unwelcoming to be told "we talked about this last year" or "read the entire forum first before you ask any questions".

Just a suggestion. No offense to anyone.

Actually, part of the problem is these giant threads that involve several different topics. I have never seen this method of forum organization before. Other models have many single issue threads and when one of them sprouts new topics the thread is split. When the threads start getting repetitive they become locked. It makes it easy for members to avoid the topics that they don't want to read about anymore, but also allows anybody to discuss whatever topic they wish.

ie: a subforum on Anna. Multiple threads--1 for what she wears--another for her parenting skills---another to judge her continued love for Josh based on speculation about the intensity of her zombie eyed stare. More single topic threads concerning whatever pressing Anna issue du jour. That way people can just not read the zombie stare thread if they just can't abide talking about it anymore.

The way it is now (using this thread as an example) there are 5 or more topics going on and everybody has to read all the topics to find their pet topic. Then people seem to get upset if someone brings up something another poster said 43 pages ago.

I realise it is difficult to mod a forum--trust me I've been a mod in a rather spirited forum so I am well aware. However, as a new member I have to say that it feels unwelcoming to be told "we talked about this last year" or "read the entire forum first before you ask any questions".

Just a suggestion. No offense to anyone.

If you would have bothered to use the search box, there are multiple threads solely dedicated to the home church thing.

Secondly, advanced search has a function to search a particular thread.

Thirdly, I have no more to say except deal with it. Thread drift has always been a problem on FJ, and most of us have had to get used to skimming over posts that we didn't want to discuss. It's hard to predict which thread study will blow up, and the mods can't be making new topics every time someone mentions something different from the ongoing topic. So I'm not really sure what you're suggesting anyway. You'll also find that majority of the members are against thread sprouting, which we feel clutters the forum. The mods aren't being disorganised- they have had incidences where the stupidest threads were created and were considered unnecessary. You'll find that a lot more merging threads happens than separating. That's just how FJ works and how most members and mods like it.

Lastly, nobody expects you to read everything. Just, if you're asking a question -search first. If it's been widely discussed before but you still aren't clear- the SOTDRT forum is the place to go. Post it there.

I think Jana might dye her hair; it's blonder than the others'. I also don't see Joy caring enough to dye her hair. As for the rest, maybe they just like their natural colour?

Archived