IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 12

homeschoolmomma1

John David Somebody flew to Branson this morning, too. I haven't seen anything on Duggar social media yet, except a happy birthday Anna post on FB featuring the zigzag dress you described.

Is that info in the aviation thread?!?! I want to know which airport. :lol:

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone please explain the girls' heavy makeup - and how JB permits this?

It was quite a shocker for most of us to see in the Fox interview Jessa so overly made up, enough to make Megyn look fresh-faced and wholesome.

Then there's Jinger, who looks comical nowadays in clown-liike makeup and bronzer.

Perhaps something to do with their only outlet for expression and creativity? Especially considering how spirited and spunky Jinger used to be, and how deadened she is now..

Would Jessa even have had any control over her makeup for the interview? It was an interview on a major broadcaster; it's not as though she applied it herself.

I'd like to know Gothard's rationalization or Quiverfull's rationalization about wearing pants.

It would 'seem' to me that one could much easily defraud if someone accidently saw up a skirt than with pants. Is it the buttocks that are the reason? I'm serious about this question.

Some of my family members are holiness Oneness Pentecostals and the men cannot wear shorts, their legs must be fully covered. They follow the same dress code as Quiverfull for women.

From what I remember--the anti-pants thing has to do with modesty (of course) as pants have a way of showing off the shape of the legs and bottom. Plus they are form fitting in the crotch. They, like, leave nothing to the imagination. Plus there is the issue of gender roles. Men wear pants. Women wear skirts. Confusing the gender lines is very upsetting for them.

It was the same with tight fitting clothes. I remember posing the question to the modesty mentor (what I call her based on what her role was) about why clothes have to be so loose and how do we control this issue during that time of the month when we get bloated. She told us that bloating wasn't an excuse and that we should wear baggier skirts. I wasn't seriously worried about bloating, but I was just busting her chops due to my worldly rebellion. :hand: The funny thing is that we wore uniforms that had a kilt (like the catholic school uniform) only it was long and reached to our mid calves. We didn't have a fat day skirt and a thin day skirt. Just the one skirt (for school anyway).

When did it become mandatory for nurses to wear pants? I know the nurses all seem to wear scrubs these days, but they were still wearing dresses in the mid to late 90s. I even saw a nurse in 2006 wearing a dress and one of those caps---but that was way out in the sticks.

From what I remember--the anti-pants thing has to do with modesty (of course) as pants have a way of showing off the shape of the legs and bottom. Plus they are form fitting in the crotch. They, like, leave nothing to the imagination. Plus there is the issue of gender roles. Men wear pants. Women wear skirts. Confusing the gender lines is very upsetting for them.

It was the same with tight fitting clothes. I remember posing the question to the modesty mentor (what I call her based on what her role was) about why clothes have to be so loose and how do we control this issue during that time of the month when we get bloated. She told us that bloating wasn't an excuse and that we should wear baggier skirts. I wasn't seriously worried about bloating, but I was just busting her chops due to my worldly rebellion. :hand: The funny thing is that we wore uniforms that had a kilt (like the catholic school uniform) only it was long and reached to our mid calves. We didn't have a fat day skirt and a thin day skirt. Just the one skirt (for school anyway).

When did it become mandatory for nurses to wear pants? I know the nurses all seem to wear scrubs these days, but they were still wearing dresses in the mid to late 90s. I even saw a nurse in 2006 wearing a dress and one of those caps---but that was way out in the sticks.

Oh please can Modesty Mentor (bolded above) be a count title?

It seemed like many sponsors were able to quickly drop advertising during 19kids and have their advertising dollars spent on other programs or networks. It makes me wonder how many of these companies truly did it as a reaction to the molestation or simply to appease the fans? I'm not saying they don't care, but I just wonder if in a years time or a little more, most people will forget and not care, thus they make their way back on TV....

Well I was helping a little bit with getting the word out about the advertisers on social media, mostly twitter.

General Mills pulled out right away, not surprising because they make kids cereal and other foods.

The other ones needed a little bad publicity and 'help' to realize that people were digusted and tying them not pulling out of advertising with their condoning of sick behavior. Many advertiser's did pull out because of public pressure.

Would Jessa even have had any control over her makeup for the interview? It was an interview on a major broadcaster; it's not as though she applied it herself.

I've also seen J'chelle with the most horrid amount of pink blush on her cheeks, almost comical looking.

What I think is that they all got use to wearing makeup to some degree because of the show. I think on tv because of the lights both sexes have to wear some kind of makeup to counteract the glare. They probably just got use to some makeup through that, I would think.

This is just my opinion, but i think Jessa with the lip gloss probably made her seem more relatable to people. I wouldn't be surprised if it was something that someone wanted, for some reason. But that's just my opinion.

I also think that because Jessa and Jill are now married, many things are up to their husbands discretion and not considered totally odd because they are married, but that's just my thoughts about it.

Here's the latest Anna pic

11313503_801749519943624_1584147027_n.jpg

This just makes me sad. Because if she ever does want to get out, with all these kids it will be impossible. Although I think she loves the kool aid.

Whenever I see these women pregnant now, I can't help but feel sad inside. It's like mental entrapment.

So looks like Branson is about 2 hours from Tontitown by car. Less if they flew, as someone else noted the flight to Branson above. Can't help but wonder, should a woman as close to her due date as Anna be taking either a 2 hr car trip or a shorter flight? I can't imagine it's terribly safe... or comfortable.

When she was just a couple days away from her due date with Michael they were several states away and acted like it would be no big deal if he were born on a stinky crowded bus with no midwife present. She's kind of an idiot like tthat!

So looks like Branson is about 2 hours from Tontitown by car. Less if they flew, as someone else noted the flight to Branson above. Can't help but wonder, should a woman as close to her due date as Anna be taking either a 2 hr car trip or a shorter flight? I can't imagine it's terribly safe... or comfortable.

It's a 15 minute flight. The plane only seats four and didn't fly out of Springdale that morning, but it would've been a thoughtful gesture to fly Anna back so she (and maybe the M kids) could skip a long drive home. I don't see a problem her doing activities at 37 weeks, if she wants to.

But did Josh and Anna even go? Was her birthday picture in the zigzag dress taken at Silver Dollar City?

I was at a big, new hospital in a fairly large city when I had my son in 2013. The younger nurses were wearing pants. But I had one older nurse and she was wearing a dress, tights/nylons/whatever you want to call them, and old-fashion looking nurses shoes. At first I thought for sure she's be mean. She had that look about her. Thankfully, she was quite nice.

I don't have a Jim Boob answer, but in one of the early specials, J'Chelle told us (while wearing some very bright red lipstick) that they keep modest with the way they dress and try to draw attention to their "countenance" or face. She says they they do this per the Bible...

There is no prohibition against make-up. Except amongst United Pentecostals and they are not in that group.

Make-up is also a gender marker. Girls wear make-up. Men don't. Although in their case they are using "stage makeup" for the cameras. That doesn't really count though because the purpose of stage makeup is not to look like a woman. None of the Duggar males would ever wear make-up in any other situation.

It isn't a requirement that nurses wear pants. Most nurses wear scrubs now and some hospitals might have a specific dress code for nursing staff. For example, at my old hospital we had to wear white on the bottom but could wear whatever color tops we wanted. Most wore white scrub pants, and some would wear a white scrub skirt. Scrub Skirts can be hard to find, but I live in an area with a lot of Mennonite and Apostolic Christians, and they tend to only wear skirts.

Because almost everyone in hospitals now wear scrubs, even housekeeping, many times scrubs are color coded so patients and families can tell who is a nurse, vs. a lab tech or Respiratory therapist or housekeeper. At my current hospital. Housekeepers wear gray scrubs, Nursing can wear most any color, but they are considering only allowing select colors. Lab techs wear blue, RT wears a tan color scrub jacket, etc. It does help to decide who is who.

At 37 weeks most OBs advise against flying, but I am not sure if a small plane that doesn't really go super high where it needs to be pressurized would be ok or not. Driving in a car is not a problem as long as she gets out of the car frequently to walk about to avoid blood clots. And as far as long distance travel, most OB's don't advise being more than an hour or so from home in the last few weeks, but in Anna's case, who knows if she even has an OB. She may be fine letting Jill deliver her where ever it happens.

At 37 weeks most OBs advise against flying, but I am not sure if a small plane that doesn't really go super high where it needs to be pressurized would be ok or not. Driving in a car is not a problem as long as she gets out of the car frequently to walk about to avoid blood clots. And as far as long distance travel, most OB's don't advise being more than an hour or so from home in the last few weeks, but in Anna's case, who knows if she even has an OB. She may be fine letting Jill deliver her where ever it happens.

Is pressurization really an issue? I always assumed that the reason not to fly is that no one wanted someone to go into labor on a commercial flight (and even worse if it is a long flight, or going away from home ... b/c yes, people are dumb). In this case 15 min the air at a relatively low altitude can't really be an issue.

I think even 2 hrs from home in a car -- where you aren't forcing an emergency landing -- is not bad. Even if she were going to go to a hospital, that should be plenty of time given past labors. If she doesn't care if she is uncomfortable then so be it. If she's being 'forced' by JB/Josh then that is not cool.

As for being far from doctors, birth is totally natural and what happens is god's will! They are godly people going to a godly event, so Anna will be fine!

Were they being filmed at Silver Dollar City?

If they were at a public place filming, it would've hit TMZ etc. Even seeing film trucks outside TTH would get attention. Going back into production would be a big deal.

It's a 15 minute flight. The plane only seats four and didn't fly out of Springdale that morning, but it would've been a thoughtful gesture to fly Anna back so she (and maybe the M kids) could skip a long drive home. I don't see a problem her doing activities at 37 weeks, if she wants to.

But did Josh and Anna even go? Was her birthday picture in the zigzag dress taken at Silver Dollar City?

According to the poster a couple pages back, Anna and Josh were both there, and Anna was in a bright patterned jumper (something to that effect) so the pic fits in with that.

According to the poster a couple pages back, Anna and Josh were both there, and Anna was in a bright patterned jumper (something to that effect) so the pic fits in with that.

I read that post. :doh: It must have gone in one eye and out the other!

I noticed on Instagram that Josh Duggar and an account called Fivestone Group are following each other. Fivestone Group has not posted anything on Instagram, but they are following 859 people and have 84 followers. Not sure if the Fivestone Group on Instagram is connected to Josh's Fivestone Group LLC. The Fivestone Group on Instagram's website is Fivestonegroup .org .

Editing to add that when I go to the fivestonegroup.org website through a google search this is how the web address shows up in my toolbar:

fivestonegroup .org/index.php/author/joshuaduggar/

Here is what I can find about Duggar Processing LLC.

It appears to possibly be a company for processing payments.

http://whois.domaintools.com/duggarprocessing.com

Duggarpayments .com was registered 2/20/2015

It lists Jim Bob Duggar as the Registrant Org.

It says the website title is "Cornerstone Payment Systems"

http://www.cornerstone.cc/ Scroll down and you will see the same pictures and information from Josh's Fivestone website. (fivestonegroup.org)

More links to the same site:

cornerstonepaymentsystems.com/

processingwithapurpose.com/

affinity24.com also has the same pictures and info that is on Josh's fivestonegroup.org website

Here is what I can find about Duggar Processing LLC.

It appears to possibly be a company for processing payments.

whois.domaintools.com/duggarprocessing.com

Duggarpayments.com was registered 2/20/2015

It lists Jim Bob Duggar as the Registrant Org.

It says the website title is "Cornerstone Payment Systems"

cornerstone.cc/ Scroll down and you will see the same pictures and information from Josh's Fivestone website. (fivestonegroup.org)

More links to the same site:

cornerstonepaymentsystems.com/

processingwithapurpose.com/

affinity24.com also has the same pictures and info that is on Josh's fivestonegroup.org website

So, they are going to start merchandising their brand?

Maybe they plan to become a new and improved ATI type organization. Specializing in treatment for pedophilia, homosexuality and resisting defrauding.

Yes, I KNOW that I am going to Hell.

I saw this:

"AnonymousJuly 31, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Jackson and Johannah were asked what the liked todo together, the girl whispered 'play like mom and dad', the boy froze and said 'did anyone hear that?!' to the camera man, no answer...'good!'

This is really scary. It's a bad sign that boy and girl are 'playing mommy and daddy' together and their mom and dad are so busy with everything they don't have a clue! This could destroy these kids, those parents need to wake up and separate them!"

I got it from this webpage: http://duggarsonmy mind.blogspot.ca/2010/06/jackson-and-johanna-duggar-youd-never .html

Notice the date. I havent seen that episode. Has anyone seen that episode? Is that really how it went down?

The weird thing is that there are bizarre accusations of incest all over the internet that predate the "bombshell" (as people are wont to call it) by months and years. The accusations are eerily accurate in regards to Josh and his problems.

How did this stay under wraps for so long?

I saw this:

Jackson and Johannah were asked what the liked todo together, the girl whispered 'play like mom and dad', the boy froze and said 'did anyone hear that?!' to the camera man, no answer...'good!'

This is really scary. It's a bad sign that boy and girl are 'playing mommy and daddy' together and their mom and dad are so busy with everything they don't have a clue! This could destroy these kids, those parents need to wake up and separate them!"

I got it from this webpage: duggarsonmymind.blogspot.ca/2010/06/jackson-and-johanna-duggar-youd-never.html

Notice the date. I havent seen that episode. Has anyone seen that episode? Is that really how it went down?

The weird thing is that there are bizarre accusations of incest all over the internet that predate the "bombshell" (as people are wont to call it) by months and years. The accusations are eerily accurate in regards to Josh and his problems.

But that's just it isn't it, from all we've read and been shown over the course off the whole Josh scandal it seems that this was quite the open secret! Their friends knew, their church knew, some of the community knew to varying degrees. One of the worst bits is that people thought that it wasn't a problem...but hey as it's happening in 2/3 family's then everything is a-ok!! :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

I saw this:

I got it from this webpage: duggarsonmymind.blogspot.ca/2010/06/jackson-and-johanna-duggar-youd-never.html

I wouldn't read anything inappropriate into that - just that Jackson and Hannie have always played together and probably like playing "Mommy and Daddy" with her baby dolls. Jackson probably gets teased about it by his older brothers and maybe even by JimBob who seems to be trying to pull Jackson out of the little girl group and in with the boys, so Jackson probably doesn't want attention drawn to it.

We don't need to speculate and draw inappropriate conclusions about what seems to have always been a close friendship between Jackson and Johanna.

Archived