IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Interview - MERGE

luv2laugh

What if the girls said they were going to tow the line, then blew shit up on the interview, but it's on camera now, and JB can't do anything about it??? A girl can dream, right?

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fox posted a 30 second clip of tonight's interview on their FB page... Michelle does a sort-a fake cry thing. Shocked?

The interviews are recording at the TTH. No way will ANY J'slave speak against the party.

Interesting that only Jill and Jessa are speaking and not Jinger.

The interviews are recording at the TTH. No way will ANY J'slave speak against the party.

Interesting that only Jill and Jessa are speaking and not Jinger.

They don't want to out her for sure, so she could still be perceived as pure for possible suitors.

Oh man... so JB & M defending Josh and making excuse left and right is one thing, but Jill and Jessa doing it (which you just know they will) is so damaging to other abuse survivors. UGH. I just hate these people.

But I guess that confirms that Jill and Jessa were abused, as was Joy according to the new In Touch. I so hope these young women are the ones who want their names out there (not that Joy had a choice) and they aren't being pressured to publicly forgive.

My heart hurts right now. You guys know as well as I do that there are people who are just waiting for the Duggars to say "It's all better now!!" so that they can turn to the sexual abuse survivors in their lives and tell them to get over it. :angry-banghead:

Fox posted a 30 second clip of tonight's interview on their FB page... Michelle does a sort-a fake cry thing. Shocked?

Did she giggle for no absolute reason right after?

I swear, every time she says anything, she does an annoying slight giggle after.

The Duggars think they can get out of the pressure cooker and save the show. What they can't get through their heads is that the vast majority of this country finds child molestation absolutely reprehensible. You'd think they'd have gotten a clue with all the sponsors pulling out.

I just. How can someone be so self-centered and blind not to see that???

I hope that Jill and Jessa chose to do this interview and tell their story, and that they feel comfortable enough to say what they really think, instead of being pressured into doing it and doing what their parents tell them to.

Come on Jessa, youre the outspoken Duggar (but only if you actually want to do this, if not tell them to fuck off)

That would be awesome, but I highly, highly doubt it. Whatever they feel inside, they'll make nice for the camera. They aren't going to do anything that would drive a wedge between them and the rest of the family. What, they're never going to go back and see the kids they raised? Nah. They'll talk about how hard it was, but how it brought them closer to God, and they've forgiven Josh so there's no more problem here.

"...One of our children made some really bad choices..."

All in that breathless, little girl voice of Michelle's. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

I'd wager that on some level, she is genuinely stricken, but only because it looks like the gravy train is about to derail. I'd have a hard time believing she gives a damn that any of her daughters were hurt by this so late in the game.

I'll bet Jill will do most of the talking. She likes that role, has always been comfortable being the spokesperson for the group, and she will come off as more believable.

Are the husbands going to be there in support?

Jill and Jessa also are the two daughters who are married. I wonder if they're the ones being interviewed so they can tell the world how even though Josh molested them (or their sisters...I'm still not sure which of those two wasn't molested, if either one wasn't), they could forgive him, move on, get married, and be totally fine and able to be intimate with their husbands...so if that happens to you, you can be fine too. Or something like that. :angry-banghead:

Jill and Jessa also are the two daughters who are married. I wonder if they're the ones being interviewed so they can tell the world how even though Josh molested them (or their sisters...I'm still not sure which of those two wasn't molested, if either one wasn't), they could forgive him, move on, get married, and be totally fine and able to be intimate with their husbands...so if that happens to you, you can be fine too. Or something like that. :angry-banghead:

Oh God, I hope not. Their mother could not even say the word "underwear" aloud, not mention the fact that these girls were up to only months, garbed in chastity clothing- Please do not let them go down that road.

Michelle is looking very,very tanned. I reckon she puts on her wholesome wear swimsuit, stands in the middle of an old camping tent and has Jinger spray her down with whatever tan was on offer in Aldi. I'd love to swap it for creosote and borrow Tonitown Fire Department's hose and give her a proper good dousing.

Her voice was completely disingenuous in that clip.

So much for Megyn Kelly's statement that she isn't going to ask about the actual issue because the victims don't want to discuss it/want it discussed.

I honest to god cannot believe that Jim Bob and Michelle would make (or "allow", given their BS patriarch system crap) their daughters do this. It's like they really don't understand the whole "protecting your kids from trauma" and "putting your children's well-being before your own" thing at all.

Ugh. If their new husbands were worth anything, they'd take their wives away from dad and Josh. Far away. How can a decent husband look at these men and not be disgusted by their actions?

So much for Megyn Kelly's statement that she isn't going to ask about the actual issue because the victims don't want to discuss it/want it discussed.

I honest to god cannot believe that Jim Bob and Michelle would make (or "allow", given their BS patriarch system crap) their daughters do this. It's like they really don't understand the whole "protecting your kids from trauma" and "putting your children's well-being before your own" thing at all.

Well, maybe she didn't think they were going to talk, but then they did.

We know they towed the party line though, otherwise the advertising would be off of the Duggar FB page.

I'm all for protecting the victims but allowing the two girls to be interviewed (and most likely given a sequel) is just SICK. It doesn't matter if it's their choice. They're brainwashed! Of course they think this is their choice because I'm sure they've been told that's the case. When have they EVER said anything that didn't fall into line with the JB way of thinking and being?

Let's call this what it is: PR that will allow all or some of them to remain in the public eye. This has nothing to do with anything else. Nothing.

If TLC allows them a show they're basically saying that their parents did right by them back when they were abused and everything is now peachy keen. How low can they go....

Thank you for the updates. I agree with everything you're all saying, so I'll just say ditto.

I'm not sure my TV would survive me watching this :trainwreck: in one sitting. I'll be switching between the hockey game and the interview. I haven't watched the clip, I'm too afraid I'd throw my iPad off my balcony.

Thank you for the updates. I agree with everything you're all saying, so I'll just say ditto.

I'm not sure my TV would survive me watching this :trainwreck: in one sitting. I'll be switching between the hockey game and the interview. I haven't watched the clip, I'm too afraid I'd throw my iPad off my balcony.

Chicago or Tampa Bay, who do you have?

I hate to think of how much damage can be done to girls and women in this country who have been abused, do not have support and look up to the Duggars. They are possibly going to mess with alot of minds and sell Gothard brainwashing.

Just to make sure, no one has perfected any subliminal brainwashing technique that they may try to send out over the airways? Should I be ready for brain dead zombies to rise up tonight? Lol. :o

But seriously, I now worry that they are being given a platform to do alot of damage.

Jessa and Jill (and Bin and Derrick) do not want the gravy train to derail. These are not downtrodden fundies anymore. For the last 1/3 of their lives they have worn stylish clothes, makeup, lived in a big house, travelled, been treated as fundy royalty and have had people hanging on their every move. They are ignorant, boring and uneducated, but smart enough to know a good deal. God healed us, we forgave, we are stronger than ever. No biggie. Now, can we have our show?

Jessa and Jill (and Bin and Derrick) do not want the gravy train to derail. These are not downtrodden fundies anymore. For the last 1/3 of their lives they have worn stylish clothes, makeup, lived in a big house, travelled, been treated as fundy royalty and have had people hanging on their every move. They are ignorant, boring and uneducated, but smart enough to know a good deal. God healed us, we forgave, we are stronger than ever. No biggie. Now, can we have our show?

Oh yeah, and TLC is more than happy to oblige.

This whole situation now with the interviews is just ALL kinds of wrong! I cannot for the life of me imagine what goes through JB and Michelle's heads! And as for the girls' interview... I don't even know what to say about that.

Archived