IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Interview - MERGE

luv2laugh

I was thinking about this, and I set my fundie-following instagram up similarly. It has been very quiet for the last two weeks. Amy started posting again a day or so ago, and Jessa follows the creation museum and ark encounter, so she's watching ark construction with little interruption. :lol:

Personally I think it would be difficult for everyone to stay off social media voluntarily and I wonder if JB confiscated their phones or had service turned off for the time being. :?

The thing is Jill HAS been active on social media, albeit in a passive manner. I've noticed that she still "likes" posts and hasn't stopped because the scandal broke. In fact, she liked bunch of the Bateses' photos on IG about 2 hours ago. So she hasn't stayed off social media completely, she's just choosing not to post anything right now. Which I wouldn't blame her, have you looked at the comments on her most recent post (selfie with her and Jessa)? I haven't noticed any activity from the rest of the Duggars or Duggar spouses however.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jill follows 18, all Bates, Duggar, Seewald, Dillard or business pages with the exception of 2 private accounts for people I don't know of.

The interviews are recording at the TTH. No way will ANY J'slave speak against the party.

Interesting that only Jill and Jessa are speaking and not Jinger.

It's because Jill and Jessa are getting the spin-off so the goal is to make them palatable to watchers by:

look sympathetic,

like they've moved on,

that it was brought up was the only thing that now upset them

And on to their new show! These 2 were probably offered the new show-- not Jinger. It's quite easy to say look Jessa and Jill, you want to have your own show? This is what you need to do. Further, the fact that they are married with either a child or one on the way, the Duggars can say look everything A-OK with these 2.

It's because Jill and Jessa are getting the spin-off so the goal is to make them palatable to watchers by:

look sympathetic,

like they've moved on,

that it was brought up was the only thing that now upset them

And on to their new show! These 2 were probably offered the new show-- not Jinger. It's quite easy to say look Jessa and Jill, you want to have your own show? This is what you need to do. Further, the fact that they are married with either a child or one on the way, the Duggars can say look everything A-OK with these 2.

Who would watch their show? They're so boring. Their parents had the freak-factor going for them, but Jill and Jessa are just vapid, brainwashed, invasion of the fundie body-snatcher bots.

Yawn.

Pre gaming. I think I'm going to need this!

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

Pre-gaming here also. I only have vodka...but that seems suitable for the inevitable shit show. I may get angry, but it's easier to dance it off with vodka :)

Creepier and creepier! Confirmation Jill and Jessa will be named.

http://www.people.com/article/josh-dugg ... news-video

#1. M looks like my dog when she's giving mefake sad eyes to get whatwver I am eating.

#2. JB looks like he's been practicing Jimmy Swaggarts "I got caught" look.

Crazy thing about Jessa and Jill interview is that no one who is being critical of the Duggars needs or really wants to hear from the victims. Most of what I read has people wanting to protect them from the public. Yet, there they are...going to be pushed to the front of the line by mom and dad. And they say it ia the horrible media causing them to do it.

Jill and Jessa get to talk because they're the most marketable Duggars. Jana and Jinger apparently don't even count as people. Even though they're adult women now. Still under his headship. Faceless and voiceless. I'm so pissed off at this, it's all just an awful publicity stunt. The Duggars should literally rot in hell.

Who would watch their show? They're so boring. Their parents had the freak-factor going for them, but Jill and Jessa are just vapid, brainwashed, invasion of the fundie body-snatcher bots.

Yawn.

Jill and Jessa don't know that they are boring. I'm sure they think they are quite interesting and exciting! They've both been featured on a tv show-- and their wedding episodes had the highest ratings-- been People Mag covers about them, have scores of followers on Instagram and FB. I agree they are boring, but I can see where they were not.

They stand to make a lot more money than they did on the original 19KAC, so if this means an interview ahead of time, of course they're going to do it.

I hope that Jill and Jessa chose to do this interview and tell their story, and that they feel comfortable enough to say what they really think, instead of being pressured into doing it and doing what their parents tell them to.

Come on Jessa, youre the outspoken Duggar (but only if you actually want to do this, if not tell them to fuck off)

Not gonna happen. Just like in the book tour they will repeat what they have been told to say while Michelle sits on the sideline nodding. They have been trained their entire lives to follow the rules. They have not been allowed access to any other perspectives. Maybe, if Jessa has a little girl and when that little girl is around the same age Jessa was when this happened she might realize just how young and innocent a child that age is and start to realize that her parents used her and siblings for their glory, not god

The thing is Jill HAS been active on social media, albeit in a passive manner. I've noticed that she still "likes" posts and hasn't stopped because the scandal broke. In fact, she liked bunch of the Bateses' photos on IG about 2 hours ago. So she hasn't stayed off social media completely, she's just choosing not to post anything right now. Which I wouldn't blame her, have you looked at the comments on her most recent post (selfie with her and Jessa)? I haven't noticed any activity from the rest of the Duggars or Duggar spouses however.

Gah, I'm so bad at IG. Now I'm trying to see for myself and I can't find anything she liked. It's interesting that she's active without posting new content; there goes my theory about losing phone access!

#1. M looks like my dog when she's giving mefake sad eyes to get whatwver I am eating.

Crazy thing about Jessa and Jill interview is that no one who is being critical of the Duggars needs or really wants to hear from the victims. Most of what I read has people wanting to protect them from the public. Yet, there they are...going to be pushed to the front of the line by mom and dad. And they say it ia the horrible media causing them to do it.

Yea the last thing I want is for these girls to have to talk about their pasts in the interview. Hell, I would have been happy without knowing for sure which girl was the one spared.

I have a terrible feeling that they're just going to say "it's okay, forgive so we can have our show back!"

Also, on the topic of that clip: Michelle and JB felt like failures as parents, so they decided to have more kids. Seems logical.

I feel so bad for Jill and Jessa. Maybe that's why they were the first girls to marry. J'Chelle and Boob are failures. They didn't report this for a year. They failed at protecting their kids from their molester son.

Other weird thing: it looks like they're playing Settlers of Catan. Anyone else surprised? :shock:

Jill and Jessa get to talk because they're the most marketable Duggars. Jana and Jinger apparently don't even count as people. Even though they're adult women now. Still under his headship. Faceless and voiceless. I'm so pissed off at this, it's all just an awful publicity stunt. The Duggars should literally rot in hell.

I had a shocking thought: maybe Jim Boob doesn't want to name the other two because it would ruin their chances of getting married to a good, brainwashed fundie boy. So they're not going to tell the public which two of their remaining eldest daughters (excluding Jill and Jessa who are already married and don't have to fear about seeming tainted to other people in their circles) were molested, even though people know how to do math and do know who his youngest victim was (not to mention she is still a minor if we do the math so an interview with her would be a touchy area).

And also, if the girls say it was their own fault he molested them...because this is what their mother said talking about why girls get molested in one of the episodes before, "if your father hasn't sinned and you've been molested, it means it is your fault and you did something wrong" (to paraphrase a little and of course JB hasn't done anything wrong), I am going to be really pissed. Not at them, but at their parents who brainwashed them and convinced them they were less valuable than their smug brothers. Maybe I'll be a little mad at them too because they're away from their families now and have started their own (although they're living in the same kind of environment) and I would have hoped they would venture out and branch out and have friends and people in their lives who would be outraged for them and tell them that what was done to them was wrong and not at all their fault. They are taught to forgive or otherwise they will be responsible for holding a grudge and sinning against the person who wronged them (?!how insane?!)

I wonder why the fifth victim is not getting a voice in all of this. Would want to hear the side of the story from someone who is not a part of their family, but then again, that last person comes from the same circles and they have probably been brainwashed as well. I wonder what they (using they instead of she cause you never know) think of all of this, and the interview and going public with some things that were already publicized.

Well, frankly, now that Jill has been confirmed as a victim, Jana has been confirmed to have not been a victim. So, that's probably why she wasn't chosen. As for Jinger, maybe she refused to do it. I mean it's bad enough that everyone who read the report knows what happened to her, but it would be worse if she was forced to speak about it.

This is difficult for me because on the one hand, I see Jill and Jessa as victims and I have empathy for them. I would like to be supportive of them...BUT

on the other hand, it just seems like releasing only their names is a deliberate ploy to get the public on their side so they can have their spinoff show. And regardless what has come to light, it does't change the fact that they believe in things that are downright hateful and despicable. Plus their new show will just be continuing the exploitation of a new generation.

I have a feeling whatever they say tonight will do nothing but enrage me.

I had a shocking thought: maybe Jim Boob doesn't want to name the other two because it would ruin their chances of getting married to a good, brainwashed fundie boy. So they're not going to tell the public which two of their remaining eldest daughters (excluding Jill and Jessa who are already married and don't have to fear about seeming tainted to other people in their circles) were molested, even though people know how to do math and do know who his youngest victim was (not to mention she is still a minor if we do the math so an interview with her would be a touchy area).

And also, if the girls say it was their own fault he molested them...because this is what their mother said talking about why girls get molested in one of the episodes before, "if your father hasn't sinned and you've been molested, it means it is your fault and you did something wrong" (to paraphrase a little and of course JB hasn't done anything wrong), I am going to be really pissed. Not at them, but at their parents who brainwashed them and convinced them they were less valuable than their smug brothers. Maybe I'll be a little mad at them too because they're away from their families now and have started their own (although they're living in the same kind of environment) and I would have hoped they would venture out and branch out and have friends and people in their lives who would be outraged for them and tell them that what was done to them was wrong and not at all their fault. They are taught to forgive or otherwise they will be responsible for holding a grudge and sinning against the person who wronged them (?!how insane?!)

I wonder why the fifth victim is not getting a voice in all of this. Would want to hear the side of the story from someone who is not a part of their family, but then again, that last person comes from the same circles and they have probably been brainwashed as well. I wonder what they (using they instead of she cause you never know) think of all of this, and the interview and going public with some things that were already publicized.

Honestly, unless a victim who's new enough to actually press charges comes forward, I really don't want to hear from any of the victims. They don't deserve to be put on the spot and seen as victims (or worse) by society.

The only person who was a child at that point that I want to hear from is Josh. He has a lot to answer for, his victims do not. His victims should be protected, he should not.

ETA: I also wondered if they didn't specifically name Joy and Jinger because possible difficulties securing godly marriages.

Honestly, unless a victim who's new enough to actually press charges comes forward, I really don't want to hear from any of the victims. They don't deserve to be put on the spot and seen as victims (or worse) by society.

The only person who was a child at that point that I want to hear from is Josh. He has a lot to answer for, his victims do not. His victims should be protected, he should not.

ETA: I also wondered if they didn't specifically name Joy and Jinger because possible difficulties securing godly marriages.

I would be happier if they didn't make the girls talk, yeah. It's hard enough going through such a traumatic experience, and to be put on the spot...to tell the public your brother molested you! Horrible. They should not be going through that, not at all, at least not until they realize it was never their own fault and he and their parents were the problem.

I want to hear Josh being honest for once in his life. I don't want to see him weasel out of this by saying he was young and he repented, I want him to actually realize what he has done and be sorry and realize there is something wrong with him and things can't just go away if you sweep them under the rug for a while. Sigh. I want to see him make a difference. But that's not going to happen, is it?

Maybe this is a silly question, but how popular is Pat Robertson really among religious conservatives? I'm not snarking, I'm really curious, because he just seems like such a dinosaur. I remember reading somewhere that ABC Family is contractually obliged to run the 700 Club, so it runs whether people are watching it or not.

Funny thing a couple weeks ago I was watching something and when it was over Pat Robertsons show was on. I was going to change it but the Duggars were on that day with him. He seems to adore them and also they him. He looked so old I haven't seen him in a long tome. But He seems to be just as nutty as usual! :cray-cray:

Well, frankly, now that Jill has been confirmed as a victim, Jana has been confirmed to have not been a victim. So, that's probably why she wasn't chosen. As for Jinger, maybe she refused to do it. I mean it's bad enough that everyone who read the report knows what happened to her, but it would be worse if she was forced to speak about it.

After her address at Jessa's rehearsal dinner, probably best Jing was avoided.

She does not seem over it.

Plus the older girls, especially Jessa, need revenue, so have more need for a show to go on.

It pisses me off that Josh is off the hook, likely because no sympathy would be evoked, and his presence would not help them with the main goal of this entire charade, retaining a show.

Daily Mail link, not broken because 'news'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rview.html

little more print and photos than People

These people are such disgusting hypocrites. Oh, they felt like failures, am I supposed to feel bad for them? Are they the victims in this situation??? No. Heck no. They are failures. They failed every single one of their children, especially the girls and now they're purposely victimizing themselves because one of the skeletons in their closet has been found and they want to sweep it away again. I hope this does not go away. I hope people never forget this and hold this against them wherever they go, whatever they do in life. I'm so angry at them. :angry-banghead:

I personally am pretty excited for the interview. I think it'll be mostly the same stuff we are used to - all fluff, the same stories, glossing over horrible things with vague cult codewords - but I almost think the worse it is, the better it will be in the long run, because people will rip it apart.

Megyn Kelly can't swing an entire 1hr + segment ONLY focusing on how awful it was the report was leaked with identifying information. Sure, I think a lot of people could agree that the way it was done was inappropriate since the victims were clearly identifiable. I think everyone can say that those responsible for leaking it probably did something wrong and it's fair to hold them accountable. Nobody has really argued that. So what's the point in discussing it at all?

It's not like the report was totally unsubstantiated claims. Josh admitted to it. It's out, it's done, so the ONLY way they will be able to get past it is to find some way to acknowledge it properly, and I think we all know the Duggars are probably not capable of doing that. Their whole life is built around finding irrational, illogical ways to justify things that make NO SENSE.

Archived