IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Interview - MERGE

luv2laugh

Yea the last thing I want is for these girls to have to talk about their pasts in the interview. Hell, I would have been happy without knowing for sure which girl was the one spared.

I have a terrible feeling that they're just going to say "it's okay, forgive so we can have our show back!"

Also, on the topic of that clip: Michelle and JB felt like failures as parents, so they decided to have more kids. Seems logical.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gah, I'm so bad at IG. Now I'm trying to see for myself and I can't find anything she liked. It's interesting that she's active without posting new content; there goes my theory about losing phone access!

Yea the last thing I want is for these girls to have to talk about their pasts in the interview. Hell, I would have been happy without knowing for sure which girl was the one spared.

I have a terrible feeling that they're just going to say "it's okay, forgive so we can have our show back!"

Also, on the topic of that clip: Michelle and JB felt like failures as parents, so they decided to have more kids. Seems logical.[/quote

]

Yup. I want victims and perps to seek real help. But my main issue with this whole thibg is that Jbob SKIRTED the law! And he'll get away with it. If he wants forgiveness he has to admit that and make amends. Otherwise his brand of religion is meaningless to Americans. (It's meaningless to me anyway) It's massively insulting to all Americans who at least believe in the Duggar's freedom to be wack-nut fundies. They won't understand that. "We love God and Amerrrika." But they insult America when they don't follow the laws and the moral rules they chose to follow religiously, then use the church, nepotism and their "moral" standing to get away with it. I'm Jim Bob is a completely deluded narcissist and sociopath. :pull-hair:

Let's see how much looking towards each other to make aure they are getting the story correct and eye shifting goes on (sign of lieing) and shaking their head while they speak (sign that they believe the opposite of what they are saying). They might be versed in those cues.

My main problems are 1. They didn't protect their daughters or get any of their chldren the counselling they needed.

2. The hypocrisy, the sheer unmitigated gall of them all pointing their fingers and condemnation down on the LGBTQA communities while being all holier-than-thou. JB saying child rapists and incest criminals should be put to death. It just makes me want to ...RRRR GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

I have to say that I hope Ben and Derek step up to give Josh the butt kicking he so richly deserves for this.

After her address at Jessa's rehearsal dinner, probably best Jing was avoided.

She does not seem over it.

Plus the older girls, especially Jessa, need revenue, so have more need for a show to go on.

I think Jessa and Jill WANT the show to go on, especially if they are the new focus. If this will help, so be it I'm guessing they're thinking. Neither have ever avoided the cameras. Jessa didn't need to have a film crew on her honeymoon. Jill was making a look at our new baby video for the world pretty fast.

I think the choice was spelled out for them-- if you want any shot at a spin-off, this interview is a necessary step. They won't be going into any details of the actual crimes-- Im sure Megyn will say you asked not to talk about the specifics etc. So it will focus on the troublesome media attention now... Benessa can't post about abortion & Holocaust... Jill has Izzy pics just piling up. A dark period has been dredged up etc etc. Their forgiveness of Josh.

I agree that Jinger, based on what we've seen of her in the past, could keep it together and not go into an ugly cry. Whereas Jill and Jessa can hold themselves together with maybe a few tears shed. And there's not the carrot for Jinger like there is for the other 2.

Does anyone else think that Jill and Jessa being part of the interview is part of their "payment" for the free houses (and Bin Bob's free ride in general).

I have to say that I hope Ben and Derek step up to give Josh the butt kicking he so richly deserves for this.

Now that Jill and Jessa are defending him, I highly doubt Ben and Derek are going to say shit. We know that they have fully drank the kool aid. I am sure they are going to defend him.

I feel so bad for Jill and Jessa. Maybe that's why they were the first girls to marry. J'Chelle and Boob are failures. They didn't report this for a year. They failed at protecting their kids from their molester son.

I am still sick over this - I never thought it was Jill - and I knew it was Jessa -but I hope it was her decision to talk to the world and not done by her parents - because HELLO she is pregnant

medical people do you think this is wise for her to do?

serious question - why do you think they were the first ones to marry based on them being molested?

How hard is it to install bolt locks on the girls bedroom doors? They left everything wide open????? After the first girl told?????? After they knew Josh was sexually molesting their children?????

Perhaps because this is the family that has no bedtime routine...everyone stays up and just crashes wherever they want. These parents are very very lazy. The interview will not disclose answers to any of my questions.

I've got to say I'm really disappointed right now in Ben and Derek. As Jessa and Jill's headships, theoretically could have refused to allow JB and M to pimp out their daughters for this interview. I know it would've been tough, but it would undoubtedly would have been MUCH better for their wives. The hubbies failed, and here's just one more instance when someone should have been protecting those ladies but didn't.

Disclaimer: I feel very strongly against any man having domain over a grown ass woman and her choices, beliefs, decisions, thoughts or actions. I wish I believed Jill and Jessa are psychologically capable about making those kinds of decisions on their own, but I'm terribly afraid after their lifetimes of always deferring to Momma and Daddy first and God second, and now the husband, they couldn't do it for themselves. :roll:

Does anyone else think that Jill and Jessa being part of the interview is part of their "payment" for the free houses (and Bin Bob's free ride in general).

Yep

“I do want to speak up in his defense, against people who are calling him a child molester or a pedophile or a rapist, some people are saying,†Jessa Duggar, one of four sisters that Josh Duggar allegedly fondled when he and they were minors, told Fox News Channel’s Megyn Kelly in an interview today.

“I’m like, ‘that is so overboard and a lie really.’ I mean people get mad at me for saying that, but I can say this because I was one of the victims,†Jessa said during the interview, which will be telecast on tonight’s The Kelly File. She described what her brother did as being “very wrong.â€

http://deadline.com/2015/06/megyn-kelly ... 201437291/

HOW IN THE EFFIN HELL IS INAPPROPRIATELY TOUCHING A 5 YEAR OLD NOT CHILD MOLESTATION?!! :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

My teeth will be grinded to tiny little nubs by the end of this interview, I just know it.

I wonder if JB Duggar will make a donation to ATI to help abuse victims. (Snark)

And I wonder if Meh-J-J will actual research her subject for a future puece on these wacknuts. Who knows how much she knew going in. But being there must start to feel "off" to anyone.

It pisses me off that Josh is off the hook, likely because no sympathy would be evoked, and his presence would not help them with the main goal of this entire charade, retaining a show.

His career in politics is dead. D-E-A-D.

The full quiverful verse, which their cult is based on, is this ;

"Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They will not be ashamed When they speak with their enemies in the gate. "

The modern day equivalent of "the gate" is politics. He has no chance of being elected. Can you imagine his opponents commercials on TV??? Be interesting to see how full his quiver is now his $ has dried up. Even his old friend Santorum is distancing himself (what normal, decent people want to associated with child predators? Political suicide, like which Josh has committed!). That buffon won't influence policy and affect millions now, will he? Good riddance.

Wonder how the Duggar family dynamics are now? And I wonder if essentially Megan will ask "is this the reason you didn't want him at either of your weddings?". Their brother killed their golden goo$e. Would be nice to think that they would open a ministry to help victims of sexual abuse....

... but oh no! Some of those teachings would SMASH the "modesty" culture they've had forced on them. You know what some Afghan men used as justification for raping a woman in full niqab (even their eyes are covered!)? The sound of her dainty foot steps on the pavement were just too enticing and I couldn't resist.... They'll be taught wearing clothes, getting tipsy are not crimes and "incitement", but rape and molestation are. They'll be taught that rape is >>>> NEVER <<<< can I repeat, NEVER! about lust. It is about power. Hence prison rape, and the profile of someone who would prey on a child would prey on the disabled. IT IS ABOUT POWER AND THE ABUSER EXPLOITING IT... BECAUSE THEY CAN.

You can see by how pompous and how he's like a mini JimBoob is a good indication of how arrogant he is. I read that a psychologist mentioned how it was framed as a religious failing and noted how narcissistic it was and dismissive of the victims. Spot on.

All those long skirts and side hugs didn't stop Josh creeping into their rooms and molesting them as they slept, did it? So much for being defrauding hey. I used to wonder why they were so obsessed with "purity" and "modesty". They entire family doth protest too much. That is why it was the forefront of their minds. The whole charade of good christian role models have been blown apart by Josh's interest in little girls, and not before time!

I have hope for the two Js now they are married though, and free of the compound (I think I'd want to run to Nepal too!!! Even with a newborn baby. Funny how for such a close, loving family it took Jimchelle 3 weeks to see her after the birth? Things that make you go hmmmm). The two women could do a lot of good work and have compassion with other victims and starting over, if they had the heart, courage and character to do so. Judging by their interview "“I’m like, ‘that is so overboard and a lie really", I won't hold my breath at this moment in time. They are still young and heavily sheltered not that intelligent, and not known for their critical thinking skills.

Not a strongly worded rebuttal is it? Like, um, is it? You know?

Pre gaming. I think I'm going to need this!

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

I'm not sure we Canadians get this, so we appreciate you taking the bullet for us!

HOW IN THE EFFIN HELL IS INAPPROPRIATELY TOUCHING A 5 YEAR OLD NOT CHILD MOLESTATION?!! :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

My teeth will be grinded to tiny little nubs by the end of this interview, I just know it.

The girls are so brainwashed they will never say anything but they forgive Josh, so sad. They can't be left alone or free to speak their mind.

No. I think those were given as bribes to keep them quiet.

I was going to watch the interview, but I just don't think I'd better. I've got six daughters, one of whom was fondled by a relative, and the idea of having her go on national television to defend the person who did that to her, her even acknowledge it happened without that being her decision entirely? There is no way. I'd have a second aneurysm before the first commercial break. Ya'll please recap.

Oh, no doubt about it. It's also their parents' attempt to make Josh look less despicable by forcing, I mean, "encouraging" his victims to claim that what he did was just a youthful indiscretion--no big deal--and that they've completely forgiven him for his "mistake". I think Boob and Michelle will say, and do, pretty much anything to make Josh look good, even if it means throwing their daughters under the bus. Even better if they can manage to convince TLC to continue the show in some form.

Now that Jill and Jessa are defending him, I highly doubt Ben and Derek are going to say shit. We know that they have fully drank the kool aid. I am sure they are going to defend him.

I agree. Even before they were set to interview, I had little hope of them actually standing up against the hand that feeds them. They are already in the fold, and if they weren't able to prove that to JB, I am sure they wouldn't have been able to marry a Duggar girl. I have less hope for Ben than I do for Derick, but it doesn't seem like either would be willing to bite that bullet, as much as they might love their wives.

Now that Jill and Jessa are defending him, I highly doubt Ben and Derek are going to say shit

Yet.

In time, with experience that they can get away from their compound and parents, people reaching out to them, this could change and interesting books could be (ghost) written.

I think Josiah is the one to watch personally, because he has a sense of humour and seems a bit brighter than the rest. If he can be a "joker", that means he can see everyday situations (lies! massive hypocrisy!) in an unique way and form his own opinions. He been known to be snarky and I don't think hes ever looked comfortable with Josh, or do reciprocal, pompous joking around. He just "dims" a little bit, as if to say get away from me (in my opinion...). I pray he has an inbuilt sense of justice too. Also, just as he was stepping into the spot light... his bastard molester brother derailed the spot light and the televised courtship of his future bride! The pain! The injustice! The $$$!

The boys do get more freedom don't they?

Honestly, I don't blame Jessa and Jill for any thoughts they have on the subject. They've been raised and groomed to be victims of sexual harassment/abuse. They never received help. They went through Gothard training which tells them that, no matter their age, girls are responsible for the advances of men. And, they're likely told that terms like molestation (particularly prefaced with child) are worldly terms used by people who don't accept the woman's responsibility.

I have this interview set to record even though I know it's just going to infuriate me. I may have to come to FJ first to read everyone's impressions to see if I'll even watch since I'm pregnant and I'm not sure the skyrocketing of blood pressure that is sure to happen will be good for the baby...

I'm not sure we Canadians get this, so we appreciate you taking the bullet for us!

I got the channel specially to watch it

Archived