IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Interview - MERGE

luv2laugh

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope that Jill and Jessa chose to do this interview and tell their story, and that they feel comfortable enough to say what they really think, instead of being pressured into doing it and doing what their parents tell them to.

Come on Jessa, youre the outspoken Duggar (but only if you actually want to do this, if not tell them to fuck off)

There is like a 1% chance that they will tell their actual feelings. And really, they might believe that their real feelings are "Josh repented and Jesus forgave him, so who I am to not forgive. I forgive." because they have been brainwashed so thoroughly. I don't even know that I'd think the girls were lying if they said it was in the past and they weren't angry any more. They have probably been told everyday since it happened that it was just a mistake and that God and Jesus have forgiven Josh. Who could overcome that??

Nice how they're only interviewing the more famous daughters.

Or does it have to do with them being married and hence the only ones with enough value to be allowed an opinion?

Jessa and Jill (and Bin and Derrick) do not want the gravy train to derail. These are not downtrodden fundies anymore. For the last 1/3 of their lives they have worn stylish clothes, makeup, lived in a big house, travelled, been treated as fundy royalty and have had people hanging on their every move. They are ignorant, boring and uneducated, but smart enough to know a good deal. God healed us, we forgave, we are stronger than ever. No biggie. Now, can we have our show?

Someone needs to clue these 2nd generation folks in that no one is obliged to pay you lots of money because your parents had too many children. The people who might owe you something are your parents who exploited you in your youth. You have no extraordinary talents or skills that make you compelling to watch, or for which you should get paid. You are not deserving of a TV show or a media platform.

I am sorry that you lack a basic education and skills to make it in the real world, again your parents are to blame.

I am sorry that you were abused by your brother- again, look to your parents for not protecting you.

Cut the strings, lean on your husbands and learn to soar under your own volition..it's the only real path to happiness, health and success.

Oh my fucking god. If this was just Mechelle and Boob it would be horrible, but why bring those poor two girls who don't deserve what has happened to them?

I am losing any tiny bit of respect I had for boob. Those girls need real parents who care shit about them

Nice how they're only interviewing the more famous daughters.

Or does it have to do with them being married and hence the only ones with enough value to be allowed an opinion?

Probably more to do with the fact that these pimps don't want the other two seen publicly as damaged goods. How will they sell them to the highest bidder, sorry, husband, if everyone knows they are soiled?

These cretins disgust me on so many levels.

There is like a 1% chance that they will tell their actual feelings. And really, they might believe that their real feelings are "Josh repented and Jesus forgave him, so who I am to not forgive. I forgive." because they have been brainwashed so thoroughly. I don't even know that I'd think the girls were lying if they said it was in the past and they weren't angry any more. They have probably been told everyday since it happened that it was just a mistake and that God and Jesus have forgiven Josh. Who could overcome that??

From what J'Megyn has leaked up to this point, I think both interviews will be skewed toward ALL of them being the victims of the big bad media. We're going to hear all about how the report shouldn't have been made public, how they're being persecuted for their beliefs, how the left has tried to politicize their personal business and how the public is making shit up and hounding them. It's all being said already. The daughters will cry and say they feel more victimized by the press than anything that's ever happened to them in their lives, but they're strong and feel they have something to share about how they stay so strong through times of crisis.

:pull-hair:

Probably more to do with the fact that these pimps don't want the other two seen publicly as damaged goods. How will they sell them to the highest bidder, sorry, husband, if everyone knows they are soiled?

These cretins disgust me on so many levels.

Good point.

And Megyn Kelly will probably make this all about the liberal media targeting the poor, Christian family -- but the internet will never forget the sick and abusive way they "raise" their kids, Gothardism, ATI... that's not going to go away.

We should organize a picket group to go to their house and hold up anti-cult signs.

Someone needs to clue these 2nd generation folks in that no one is obliged to pay you lots of money because your parents had too many children. The people who might owe you something are your parents who exploited you in your youth. You have no extraordinary talents or skills that make you compelling to watch, or for which you should get paid. You are not deserving of a TV show or a media platform.

I am sorry that you lack a basic education and skills to make it in the real world, again your parents are to blame.

I am sorry that you were abused by your brother- again, look to your parents for not protecting you.

Cut the strings, lean on your husbands and learn to soar under your own volition..it's the only real path to happiness, health and success.

But, again, remember: Bin and Derrick swim in the Kool-Aid. Boob wouldn't have let them marry his daughters otherwise. I don't see them coming to their senses (if they ever had senses) and pulling Jessa or Jill away.

So, once again, JB and M will throw their children not named Josh under the bus when it's JB, M, and Josh who deserve to get run over by said bus. :angry-banghead:

Darwinesque said:

Michelle is looking very,very tanned. I reckon she puts on her wholesome wear swimsuit, stands in the middle of an old camping tent and has Jinger spray her down with whatever tan was on offer in Aldi. I'd love to swap it for creosote and borrow Tonitown Fire Department's hose and give her a proper good dousing.

Never mind the creosote. Hook up a hose to a full septic tank and turn it up full blast. Show the world what Michelle is really made of and full of.

Thank goodness I'll be watching hockey. Chicago all the way. Gotta support my hometown team.

Well, I guess the positive thing (for us) that will come out of this is that Jessa and Jill will probably start posting on instagram again after the interview airs.

maybe Jilly and Jessa want to go on so other people that have gone through it can know that you can get over it and move on? at least in their minds that they are over it. So that is how they are seeing this? Not sure..

I think the reason Jessa and Jill were chosen is they are most likely the ones whom Josh touched while they were sleeping. So their experience was probably different from the younger ones. They will probably say, "Oh this has been so blown out of proportion. I didn't even know anything happened til my dad told me later and Josh was soooooo sorry. We forgave him years ago."

I'm not really looking forward to new instagrams about how perfect and wonderful their lives are.

Does anyone else think it's totally weird that they only follow their own family members and Rick Santorum?

Do they not have any friends?

I'm not really looking forward to new instagrams about how perfect and wonderful their lives are.

Does anyone else think it's totally weird that they only follow their own family members and Rick Santorum?

They don't follow Santorum, and they do follow more than just their family. NOt sure where you got that.

Yikes. This just keeps getting stranger. I'm actually very surprised they'd speak out. Interesting it's the married girls doing so, but I do agree that whatever they say will most likely ultimately be in defense of Josh.

I was thinking about this, and I set my fundie-following instagram up similarly. It has been very quiet for the last two weeks. Amy started posting again a day or so ago, and Jessa follows the creation museum and ark encounter, so she's watching ark construction with little interruption. :lol:

Personally I think it would be difficult for everyone to stay off social media voluntarily and I wonder if JB confiscated their phones or had service turned off for the time being. :?

I am sure that Santorum as unfriended them.

He is still following Josh and Anna. He also follows FRCAction and Mike Huckabee and 53 other accounts, which seems like a pretty exclusive number for a national politician.

brb, checking Huckabee's followers

I think the reason Jessa and Jill were chosen is they are most likely the ones whom Josh touched while they were sleeping. So their experience was probably different from the younger ones. They will probably say, "Oh this has been so blown out of proportion. I didn't even know anything happened til my dad told me later and Josh was soooooo sorry. We forgave him years ago."
I doubt they'll say anything about what happened. I think the interview will be all about them being victimized by the press.... and their family (and God, as an afterthought) being their strength.....oh and we hope we can keep sharing our testimony with the world.

Where the fuck are you in all of this TLC?!?!?!

Yeah, that's what I thought. No stopping the gravy train. Just put those fembots up front and let 'em go.

They don't follow Santorum, and they do follow more than just their family. NOt sure where you got that.

Um, it was a joke.

They only follow like 15 people each, most family members.

I'm looking at Jessa's now, she only follows:

Alyssa Bates

Answers in Genesis (Ken Ham)

Arkencounter (Ken Ham again)

her husband

her in laws

Bringing up Bates official

Erin Pain (bates)

Creation Museum (another Ken Ham)

Derick

Jill

Josiah

Lawson Bates

Olivia Webster

The Schofields

The Bates family personal

the Duggar official

Whitney Bates

That's only 20 and most of them are businesses and shows, not real people

It looks like the follow list of a person that doesn't have any friends.

My word, Mike Huckabee only follows 6 accounts:

jhogangidley

derickdillard

duckdynastyae

nra

nranews

duggarfam

I'm guessing this is a new or rarely used account, but I started following him recently and it is active.

Ugh, I can't believe they agreed to this interview.

I don't think it is impossible that they did genuinely forgive Josh (though I do think brainwashing did have more to do with it). I forgave my mother of the years of physical and mental/emotional abuse. It is genuine, it does happen.

Yet, whether they forgave him or not has absolutely nothing to do with the issue I have against the Duggars. They hid this terrible thing from viewers and continued to use their show as a "ministry"... a platform to spread their dangerous beliefs. They pretended their lifestyle worked, when it clearly does not, and recruited people into the fold with that fake facade. They used their fame to fight against the LGBT community and women. They accused the LGBT community of pedophilia, while knowing (and hiding) the fact that this occurred in their own home. They lied, and they were judgemental hypocrites, and they TLC gave them a platform for that bullshit. I want to see them answer to those sins...but my guess is they won't even be brought up.

I feel for the girls, deeply, but their reaction has very little to do with the problems I have with this show continuing.

edited for accidentally hitting submit too soon, riffles due to vodka, and lastly to announce why I edited, of course.

Archived