IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors- Part 3

Coldwinterskies

Thinking back to Jessa's wedding and the "hidden" kiss, I'm wondering if they went off on their own so they wouldnt be lying in a church. They so PROUDLY pronounce that it is their first kiss. If it werent, I could see fire and brimstone Ben refusing to allow this to be stated but at the same time not wanting to explain why.

Running off on your own covers both bases. You dont have to tell anyone why you wont kiss in church and dont have to lie about why not.

I never thought of that, but that is a possibility. If it's true, that is truly horrible :(

POTENTIAL TRIGGER WARNING: As if what we know [Edit] did isn't despicable enough! For some reason I find a kiss to be intimate in a way that the other touching isn't.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I know what caused Josh to make "some bad decisions." It was that "Buy used and save the difference."

Pat Robertson: Second Hand Clothes Could Have DEMONS In Them!

http://youtu.be/EDpp9UWVjsQ

Teh Gayz made him do it, of course. Wasnt it Robertson that said gays caused tornadoes?

I'm just going to point out that the Duggars' amazon reviews are shockingly unscathed...

http://www.amazon.com/The-Duggars-Count ... ewpoints=1

Mark my words, fundies close to the Duggars will support them, including: Seewalds, Dillards, Jacksons, Kellers, Bates, etc. Remember that before saying a certain family is more likeable or not as fundie because of their clothing. They are all rotten to the core, every fucking one of them!

Guinn Seewald reposted Huckabee's statement on Facebook. :( So much for Jessa getting the type of support she needs from her in laws.

Isn't Guinn the one who asked women not to see the Fifty Shades of Grey movie because it supports abuse against women or unhealthy relationship standards or something (if I'm misremembering, please correct me!)? So now because "Jesus saves", the whole situation is totes OK?

Even then, the fact she would repost something like that is aggravating, to say the least. Ugh.

I never thought of that, but that is a possibility. If it's true, that is truly horrible :(

POTENTIAL TRIGGER WARNING: As if what we know John did isn't despicable enough! For some reason I find a kiss to be intimate in a way that the other touching isn't.

Josh not John

It's been hinted that he may have done that. Hell, in the show one of the girls said she'd turn to Josh for kissing advice. At the time it was said, it seemed odd. In light of everything, it seems like a cry for help.

Also, I don't think the Willis family had anything to do with this. I think their show was created because TLC knew something bad was about to go down in Duggarville.

I'm sorry, but if you're a psychologist and you're defending Josh, you're not a very good psychologist. There is NO reason for ANYONE to think that his behavior is anything less than predatory. He's an abuser. There is no "middle ground." Especially because he repeatedly targeted his sisters ages 4-12, his advances were completely without consent, and he preyed on the girls when they were most vulnerable (asleep in bed, away from other family members who might help, or trusting him to read them a story).

If you are a psychologist, I really hope you don't work with abuse victims or abusers because your views enable abuse, and abuse enabling is the last thing a psychologist should do.

I am not defending Josh, and I don't think it is up to you to to decide whether I am a good psychologist or not. In the same breath you analyse the Josh case and conclude I can't be a good psychologist, well that is rather arrogant and presumptuous don't you think??

I will definitely not be watching the next season if it returns. I would not be abke to stomach it. The only thing I would be curious about is Dericks announcement and seeing Jessas baby. Those can be found out other ways tho.

Also, I don't think the Willis family had anything to do with this. I think their show was created because TLC knew something bad was about to go down in Duggarville.

It did seem rather odd - another large family with all J's

So, I was thinking. Remember everyone giving Jill a hard time for not being able to be alone, calling her a clinger and demanding to know why she couldn't manage the house on her own if it was just her and Derick.

Well, given all we know now, I wouldn't be surprised if she's clinging to Derick because of learned codependency habits (pretty common in abuse victims) and because she feels safest when he's around. Maybe she doesn't feel safe alone at all, which would explain her siblings always stopping by. And maybe she feels guilt for leaving her siblings in the home, which is why she has them sleep over a lot.

I am not defending Josh, and I don't think it is up to you to to decide whether I am a good psychologist or not. In the same breath you analyse the Josh case and conclude I can't be a good psychologist, well that is rather arrogant and presumptuous don't you think??

How is it at all presumptuous to say that his actions were not fueled by frustration? Please, show me proof that there are people who are sexually frustrated and NOT sexual predators who repeatedly prey on MULTIPLE victims ranging in age from 4-12.

It took all day, but I finally read all.the.threads. on this. I think I want to leave FB entirely and just camp out at FJ in all my spare time :) I have had enough of the leghumpers. They disgust me with their justifications and I've even unfriended a couple people today over the whole "God forgave him, I can't judge, even though what he did was awful. Wouldn't all of us want forgiveness for our deepest darkest sins?". Um, to me, your god is imaginary, and yes, yes you can judge him. And unless you've diddled any kids lately, your deepest darkest sins aren't even on the radar. (This all coming from girls around my age, the 18-24 group. WTH???!!! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?)

Yes! I spend a LOT of time wondering what the hell all these people with deep dark sins in their past have done. I'm not a saint or perfect but I can't even come up with something I've done that I would be that ashamed of. Maybe I'm just boring. I don't clean the house as often as I should, I guess that is pretty shameful.

POTENTIAL TRIGGER WARNING: As if what we know John did isn't despicable enough! For some reason I find a kiss to be intimate in a way that the other touching isn't.

John? Where does it say John is involved?

How does she justify that? She's choosing a molester over her own daughter-in-law. There is no neutral ground here!

She justifies it because the Seewalds are VF, and share a lot of the same beliefs as the Duggars.

How is it at all presumptuous to say that his actions were not fueled by frustration? Please, show me proof that there are people who are sexually frustrated and NOT sexual predators who repeatedly prey on MULTIPLE victims ranging in age from 4-12.

Stop the hysteria will you? There are people sexually frustrated who don't fondle their sisters while asleep. There are sexually frustrated people who don't develop a fetish, an urge to kill, become frigid or impotent, in short a wide range of effects. Human life isn't a template, that is what the Duggars like to think. Btw I never said his actions were fueled by frustration, I said I am not surprised things happened in that twisted environment he grew up in. Reading comprehension is a skill.

John? Where does it say John is involved?

OOPS!! it does not say that anywhere. For some reason I typed John instead of JOSH.

I think the motivation behind Josh's actions is probably pretty complicated. In the short term, I definitely think it's a power and entitlement issue. He was old enough to know that what he was doing was wrong. You don't touch somebody while they are sleeping unless you feel entitled to them. And THAT is where I think it really gets into being Jim Bob and Michelle's fault.

We probably can't even begin to understand what kind of damage his parents did. I'm not saying he's not responsible; I just think context is important. It is hard not to think that if Josh had a different set of parents and a different life, something like this would never have happened. Maybe if he had been allowed healthy, developmentally normal outlets for his developing sexuality, it never would have gotten to this point. But we'll obviously never know.

Fundie men feel entitled to women. They go to a man and ask for ownership of his daughter. Women are taught to be meek and submissive and that when they're sad, afraid, or angry, they can't show it, because what man wants to be around an angry woman?

Jim Bob and Michelle ENCOURAGED their daughters to stay silent to protect the "family image." They encourage them to ignore their instincts and emotions and act like even horrible things that happen to them are a blessing. THEY are the ones who have done this to their family. They did not advocate for their daughters.

And now we know why Jill wanted a girl.

Don't attribute everything Jill or any of the girls has ever done to this abuse. If Jill wanted a girl because she was worried a boy would be abusive, what does that say about the fact that she had a son! Don't give Josh's abuse so much power over them, they still have their own wants and thoughts that aren't related to his abuse.

Stop the hysteria will you? There are people sexually frustrated who don't fondle their sisters while asleep. There are sexually frustrated people who don't develop a fetish, an urge to kill, become frigid or impotent, in short a wide range of effects. Human life isn't a template, that is what the Duggars like to think. Btw I never said his actions were fueled by frustration, I said I am not surprised things happened in that twisted environment he grew up in. Reading comprehension is a skill.

Excuse me but what hysteria am I creating? The OP said he preyed on his sisters because he didn't learn to masturbate. I said people who are sexually frustrated are different than sexual predators. There is NOTHING hysterical about what I said. There is something wrong with your arguments though. Especially your latest one that doesn't even make sense.

Maybe if he had been allowed healthy, developmentally normal outlets for his developing sexuality, it never would have gotten to this point. But we'll obviously never know.

lets no move the blame to someone else. Abusers come from every social and religious background. This theory only makes him look like a victim.

I get that, but only for us as spectators to their lives. Nothing has changed for the Duggars. As a victim myself of childhood molestation, I can say it very rarely comes to mind and hardly ever motivates my daily life.

Im rather bothered by the notion that all of the girls and their actions have been reduced to "you are doing this because you were molested as a child." They can have personality traits and thoughts that don't have to do with their abuse.

Yes! I just hate the idea that every thing they have said in the last 5 years is related to being abused. While they could have chosen non-white wedding dresses for that reason, there is NOTHING to say they did and it's pretty ridiculous to assume that is why.

Maybe if he had been allowed healthy, developmentally normal outlets for his developing sexuality, it never would have gotten to this point. But we'll obviously never know.

lets no move the blame to someone else. Abusers come from every social and religious background. This theory only makes him look like a victim.

I agree. IF he became a predator because of his upbringing, all his brothers would be predators as well. As far as we know, he's the only one.

15 year old Josh IS a victim. I'm sorry, I hold him 100% responsible for his actions, but he had the same upbringing as the rest of his siblings, one that manipulates people with shame and guilt, facilitates abuse, and encourages victims to stay quiet.

I do NOT think it is fair to act like Michelle and Jim Bob are not indirectly responsible for their children being completely emotionally traumatized, and I don't just mean by this case of sexual abuse. Their children have been manipulated by fear and shame since the day they were born. They are HORRID parents and I am perfectly willing to put the blame on both Josh AND his parents.

and eta that we also have no idea if any of these children had been sexually abused by others BEFORE this incident. sexual abuse is NOT a rare occurrence in fundie circles.

It's disgusting how many people are defending this man and saying he was just a child. No he was not! He was 14 YEARS OLD. He was not a child, he was teenager and knew the difference between right and wrong. He KNEW what he was doing was wrong yet continued to do it and all JB and Michelle can say is how bad they feel for Josh. REALLY?! What about your daughters who had to endure a traumatic experience from their own OLDER BROTHER!

I always found the relationship between the older daughters and the parents and older daughters with Josh and Anna off. It always felt fake to show the viewers "hey look, we're all super close!"

You can still see the hurt among the older girls and see the closeness they share with each other. Their protection from Josh was each other, which is sad because you should always feel that your parents will be there to watch over you and protect you which JB and Michelle lacked severely. Instead of doing the right thing, they expected their daughters to forgive Josh and act as if he is a changed person, even though he received no counseling. JB could have been the protective father but instead wanted to hide this under the rug as much as possible. You can see the girls still recovering from it, especially Jinger and Jana.

All these leghumpers are praising Josh for coming forward and forgiving him but what about the victims?! What about the girls who had to go through this pain?! Where is their support and sympathy?

I wonder how much TLC and Discovery knew about these allegations, especially since their specials were being aired around this time. I truly think they must have known and helped the Duggars throw it under the rug as much as possible because they knew how much money this family would be bringing in. If they do not cancel this show, they'll be a bunch of hypocrites for canceling "Honey Boo Boo" but not 19KC.

Count me in with Anna not knowing the full details. I'm sure they told the Kellers about Josh's impurity but did not divulge the details. She may have just released the statement but I highly doubt she knew everything behind his "impurity". I also think Ben and Derrick were not aware of any of it too. I highly doubt JB and Michelle sat down with them and said "Hey, before you our daughters, I just want to let you know that our son, Josh, molested them both but it's okay because JESUS and remodeling a home helped save him from SATAN!" I hope both are there to support and be a shoulder to cry on for Jessa and Jill. This must not be easy for them to have to relive that moment again, out in public.

No matter what has happened, the Duggars cannot be saved from this. Even if the show continues and they act like nothing has happened, the internet is forever and they just will not be able to move this past. I have no sympathy for Josh and Boob and Michelle-I hope they never get invited to speaking engagements and no more deals with People magazine. I hope they all suffer for being the worst people on Earth. The only people I feel bad for are the girls who received no support especially from the so called "Mother of the Year"..my ass.

Archived