IGNORED

Fundie Reactions to Josh Duggar Molestation Admission

Georgiana

She is pretty vague about what she does.

Sounds like a Degreed Psychiatric Professional to me.

I'm betting it is nouthetic counseling

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder where the Westboro Baptist Church is on all this Duggar stuff? LOL. Haven't heard a peep from them (although I haven't looked for it, either).

I wonder where the Westboro Baptist Church is on all this Duggar stuff? LOL. Haven't heard a peep from them (although I haven't looked for it, either).

I just checked their main website and twitter feed. Lots of spleen venting about the gay marriage vote in Ireland and Bruce Jenner, but nothing about Josh.

Oooh, boy, I need a mental cleansing after viewing WBC's stuff!! :brain-bleach:

Erika of Large Families on Purpose has weighed in (she was asked to address the issue on Facebook):

Yeah, welcome to the Christian abuse culture. It's always the fault of the victim, or at least she's as much of a sinner as he is so can't really complain, or she needs to forgive (and forget) NOW or she's bitter (which is a way worse sin than...whatever he did), or she's gossiping (which is a way worse sin than whatever he did), etc.

I am still a Christian, but no longer consider myself part of evangelicalism.

I just checked their main website and twitter feed. Lots of spleen venting about the gay marriage vote in Ireland and Bruce Jenner, but nothing about Josh.

Oooh, boy, I need a mental cleansing after viewing WBC's stuff!! :brain-bleach:

Went on their twitter after seeing their little fight with JKR to see if they had posted anything on the Duggar and was greeted with a picture of a little girl holding hate speech signs.

Pass the brain bleach, please. :angry-banghead: :brain-bleach:

In the World News forum of CAF they are discussing this. Some are all about "Its all water under the bridge!" But most are upset. A few posters are mentioning poster from that save Jinger site, lol. It isn't me they are referenceing either. Who here was banned for their Duggar condensations? Some are people who battled them but still don't understand the problem with Quiverfull. It's interesting.

So, my trek over to WBC's site prompted me to look at Landover Baptist's website. For those of you not familiar with Landover Baptist, it is a satirical site.

Mrs. Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian[tm][/tm], has weighed in on the whole thing quite extensively on her Facebook page. Among her choice statements:

Here is a nifty trick the Duggars have learned: The forgiveness they don’t show for your sins can be stockpiled to use on their own. Glory!

and

My impression is that the only thing the parents care about is protecting the brand to keep the financial blessings rolling in.

Landover Baptist: landoverbaptist.org

Mrs. Betty Bowers: facebook.com/pages/Mrs-Betty-Bowers-Americas-Best-Christian/312383761871?ref=mf

Spanky said he wasn’t gonna go there, but you knew that wouldn’t last long: “To the devil the eager ear is as useful as the eager tongue. ‪#‎gossipdemand‬â€

facebook.com/rcsprouljr/posts/819683004779896

Plenty of others are staying silent:

No Greater Joy has nothing on their blog or website.

Kelly Crawford of Generation Cedar has wisely choosen not to express her opinion. Probably after the disaster that was her slut-shaming in the Doug Phillips situation.

The Facebook group Reconstructionist Theonomist has 1 person who shared an article that mentions the Duggars. No dissusion has started yet.

Kim Coghlan of Life in Shoe, whose blog is now just a Facebook page, hasn't publicly commented. Neither has her husband or FIL. (she did write a post on how Algebra is used in ever day life, so kudos on that)

R.C Sproul Jr , who comments on nearly everything, has only some vague statements which were probably aimed at the Duggar situation.

Doug Wilson of dougwils.com (the pastor that married a church member who had touched a child) has nothing directly about the Duggars. There are general posts that were probably inspired by Josh Duggar. And at least 1 dissusion talks about Josh Duggar, and goes just about like you would expect.

Plenty of others are staying silent:

Fundie Reaction Watch? It's more like the Fundie Non-Reaction Watch!

Granted, some fundies have weighed in on the Duggar situation, but the silence from many familiar groups and individuals has been deafening.

Doug Wilson of dougwils.com (the pastor that married a church member who had touched a child) has nothing directly about the Duggars. There are general posts that were probably inspired by Josh Duggar. And at least 1 dissusion talks about Josh Duggar, and goes just about like you would expect.

Doug Wilson's actions and those of the pedophile, Steven Sitler, were far worse than "touching a child": http://newwest.net/main/article/two_chi ... st_church/

Brandy has commented! To her credit, she says she's been deleting anyone who supports the Duggars. Hilariously though, she mentions throwing away their books "over a year ago" which if you know Brandy, totally fits into her yearly lifestyle flip-flop. Her current persona includes natural dreadlocks, doomsday prepper stuff, sovereign citizen nonsense,"intactivism," and talking about raising chickens. Last week she was a member of the rainbow family but that went away and more of the crazy libertarian stuff popped up. Oh Brandy, never change. And by that, I mean keep changing constantly. All info gleaned from her public fb. :lol:

I haven't thought of Brandy in a while. Links?

Just her facebook, which is under her full name.

And now it's been announced JB and J'chelle are will be appearing on Fox News. That ought to be interesting.

And now it's been announced JB and J'chelle are will be appearing on Fox News. That ought to be interesting.

We will know that Lori will blog about JB&M's Fox News interview.

It would be interesting if Dr. Charles Stanley issued a statement about Duggars. Michelle fangirled over him years ago and he visited the family which was featured on the show. The J'Slaves prepared tater tot casserole for him and who can't forget Dr. Charles Stanley autographing the kids' bibles.

Another fundie type blogger, who seems to be keeping quiet on the Duggars is Ashley Lancaster from Our Happily Ever Afters. Ashley is a fundie lite blogger, whose grandfather was/is a minister that the Duggars were fans of. Ashley and her sister also visited the Duggars once at the TTH and blogged about it with pics.

I've been waiting for fundie lite reactions. Crickets.

I can't even hate read Ashely anymore so let me know if anyone asks her or she posts anything.

It would be interesting if Dr. Charles Stanley issued a statement about Duggars. Michelle fangirled over him years ago and he visited the family which was featured on the show. The J'Slaves prepared tater tot casserole for him and who can't forget Dr. Charles Stanley autographing the kids' bibles.

Another fundie type blogger, who seems to be keeping quiet on the Duggars is Ashley Lancaster from Our Happily Ever Afters. Ashley is a fundie lite blogger, whose grandfather was/is a minister that the Duggars were fans of. Ashley and her sister also visited the Duggars once at the TTH and blogged about it with pics.

This gave me a distinct thought about the kids' bibles...21 bibles in one house. I wonder if M knows whose are whose. I can just imagine she knows the bibles better than the kids because Jeebus.

I've been waiting for fundie lite reactions. Crickets.

I can't even hate read Ashely anymore so let me know if anyone asks her or she posts anything.

I still read her blog from time to time. At times, her blog is ok to read. Her brother recently graduated from Liberty University, she homeschooled her daughter, and she still fangirls over William and Kate.

I think there is a chance Ashley is disgusted by the Duggars and will never comment on Joshgate. She mentioned her daughter Evy loving the show and I feel bad for young kids that are fans of the show and now some parents aren't going to like the idea of their kids watching the show.

I'm also curious about Ashley's pal Lyndsie's view on the Duggars post Joshgate. Lyndsie was another Duggar fan. She and Daniel met the Duggars at the Courageous filming. She posted pics on her first blog. One pic was of Josh talking with Daniel. IIRC, Mullet, Josie and some of the girls weren't there that day. I know Lyndsie is dealing with the reoccurence of cancer these days, but she could have been following the show and keeping tabs about the girls.

Alex and Stephen Kendrick from Sherwood Pictures/Sherwood Baptist Church haven't made any kind of online public responses to Joshgate. The Kendrick brothers could be upset and possibly felt deceived by the Duggars and TLC because the Duggars were extras for Courageous and they were featured on 19kac. Josh wore that Courageous t-shirt in some episodes and I vaguely recall The Love Dare book was promoted on Josh and Anna's site. But, I see the Kendrick brothers keeping quiet on Joshgate on social media. Members of SBC and the Kendricks have probably discussed Joshgate at the church. Also, they are promoting an upcoming movie called War Room, so I don't see them squeezing in a response about the Duggars on their FB page.

This is not really a fundie, but I found this blog (about Domestic Discipline, so uhh, trigger warning) via Peacefulwife, so I thought I'd include it. I like her response a LOT. It's basically like "Oh I though this was Christian persecution, but then I actually read the police report and HOLY CRAP"

onesoloved.com/thoughts-on-the-josh-duggar-scandal/

Not really fundie either, but Lewis from The Commandments of Men blogspot has weighed in. He hasn't posted in almost a year, since the Doug Phillips and Bill Gothard scandals.

The bates gave a very brief and distant statement.

Very very interesting from them

Archived