IGNORED

Fundie Reactions to Josh Duggar Molestation Admission

Georgiana

Lori has replied to several comments in the Seewald comments.

I am on my phone and there are a great many comments

Haven't come across Lori's comments yet, but Ken's are all over the place. :evil-eye:

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the concert thing that all the married duggars are supposed to attend in July?? Any word on that yet??

Hmmm ... wasn't aware of this one. Do you know who is holding this concert? I can do some poking around.

Hmmm ... wasn't aware of this one. Do you know who is holding this concert? I can do some poking around.

Sorry, it's in June. June 17-20. The Alive Festival. Its in Mineral City, Ohio. They're supposed to be there on Saturday the 20th. Looks like it's just the three kid couples, so no JB&M.

Here's the link to their instragram with the photo stating they will be there https://instagram.com/p/2l1ZwWG2Ub/?tak ... vefestival

I'd like to add that someone did ask if they would still be attending due to all the "all the allegations that have come to air". The Alive festival seriously replied with "we have not heard any changes yet but if anything happens we will let you know." So it looks like they will still be attending. I find that very interesting.

It seems like the Bates are deleting all instagram comments even mentioning the Duggars - positive or negative. Interesting.

Jessica Seewald, Ben's sister, posted this [dumbass] pro Josh article on her public FB:

westernjournalism.com/a-christian-defense-of-josh-duggar/

Which compares molestation to teens having sex.

Jes made no comment, but Marci Dauer, the shorts-wearing, IBLP loving, Duggar fanning mother of Cooper Dauer, wrote the following asinine comment:

An interesting observation....(Not that Christians should ever compare themselves to the world) but yet it is still interesting to note that the world refers to this kind of behavior as "experimentation" Christians refer to it as "sin." The world refers to it as "experimentation" unless they are referring to a 14 year old Christian, conservative, who confessed and repented.. then they refer to it as "child molestation."

The good news is that God forgave Josh. And yes, he does sadly have to live with the consequences of his sin. The world is so very unforgiving and makes what already is very hard...even more difficult!

I agree with Mike Huckabee: "He and his family dealt with it and were honest and open about it with the victims and the authorities. No purpose whatsoever is served by those who are now trying to discredit Josh or his family by sensationalizing the story,†Huckabee wrote in a Facebook post.

FUNNY, I haven't SEEN any of you heathens call it experimentation HERE.

In other news, Tim and Franicia White, parents of the child Heistheway, are of course supportive of Josh. Franicia, who loves her instagram attention, wrote that she had been molested, stalked, and almost raped and had also engaged in many premarital sexual relationships with men, but that she was healed by God and so certainly can the Duggar girls also be, or something like that.

Jessica Seewald, Ben's sister, posted this [dumbass] pro Josh article on her public FB:

Jes made no comment, but Marci Dauer, the shorts-wearing, IBLP loving, Duggar fanning mother of Cooper Dauer, wrote the following asinine comment:

In other news, Tim and Franicia White, parents of the child Heistheway, are of course supportive of Josh. Franicia, who loves her instagram attention, wrote that she had been molested, stalked, and almost raped and had also engaged in many premarital sexual relationships with men, but that she was healed by God and so certainly can the Duggar girls also be, or something like that.

She named her child Heistheway. 'Nuff said.

I'm a Christian, but I feel like these fundies have never met a real-life atheist. I have plenty of atheist friends and none of them would abuse a child. I'm baffled as to what the hell kind of Bible these so-called Christians are reading.

That's because "experimentation" means BOTH parties are experimenting.

When one party uses their power to force, coerce, or bribe another party into actions against their will, it is not innocent experimentation. It is a crime.

Are these people so out of touch that they think normal teenagers force sexual acts on each other? Yes, it happens. And when it does it is not considered "normal sexual behavior", it is a CRIME that should be PUNISHED.

This is not fucking Game of Thrones. Sexual acts without consent are not and should not be a normal part of a woman's life.

I honestly want to vomit that the people in this world who talk so much about "protecting" their children are trying to NORMALIZE forced sexual behavior in the home. Disgusting. Dis-fucking-gusting.

I don't entirely rule out an element of experimentation.

Sorry, it's in June. June 17-20. The Alive Festival. Its in Mineral City, Ohio. They're supposed to be there on Saturday the 20th. Looks like it's just the three kid couples, so no JB&M.

Here's the link to their instragram with the photo stating they will be there https://instagram.com/p/2l1ZwWG2Ub/?tak ... vefestival

Thanks! Just found the website for the Alive Festival. As of the time of my posting, the Duggars are still listed on the seminar lineup, Josh and Anna included.

Thanks! Just found the website for the Alive Festival. As of the time of my posting, the Duggars are still listed on the seminar lineup, Josh and Anna included.

On their site you can click on the website for Josh&Anna, Jessa&Ben, Jill&Derick. Oddly enough those links ALL leading back to duggarfamily.com and NOT to their individual website. They still have websites but I can't find the links to them from the duggarfamily site. And they're clearly all done by the same person/hosting site since they look identical with that 1950s font. (With the exception of Josh&Anna) It's all a bit puzzling and odd.

Experimenting? Jesus ! I FEAR if she does have kids and God Forbid something like this happens to them!! I hope by then she has matured and came to her senses and dont force the girl to forgive her acuser, procede to tell her that cuz someone bigger used his force to Exploit her it was also her choice and thats she's now unclean and her precious purity has banished!!!

I am really worried for the Children of these Josh Supporters

Also the Bates new Season is about to Premier this week, so I can see them not wanting to mess up their TV $$$. Cuz hey Big Families aint cheap... and they say they give their kids $ for doing extra Chores around the house.

I'm a Christian, but I feel like these fundies have never met a real-life atheist. I have plenty of atheist friends and none of them would abuse a child. I'm baffled as to what the hell kind of Bible these so-called Christians are reading.

Someone posed a similar question to Penn Jillette on how he as an atheist could raise his daughter to be a good moral person without religion. I can't remember his answer verbatim, but it was something along the lines that he was raising her to treat other morally and with kindness because it was the right thing to do as a human being, and not because she was afraid some person in the sky was to have her burn in a fire for infinity if she was bad.

It baffles me how these fundies think that is impossible to be a good person if there isn't the threat of eternal punishment making you do so.

Fucking serious?? How is that even pronounced??

This reminds me of the family in Alaska that named one of their children Vision O'YHWH. :wtf:

This reminds me of the family in Alaska that named one of their children Vision O'YHWH. :wtf:

It is pronounced Hi's the way

Someone posed a similar question to Penn Jillette on how he as an atheist could raise his daughter to be a good moral person without religion. I can't remember his answer verbatim, but it was something along the lines that he was raising her to treat other morally and with kindness because it was the right thing to do as a human being, and not because she was afraid some person in the sky was to have her burn in a fire for infinity if she was bad.

It baffles me how these fundies think that is impossible to be a good person if there isn't the threat of eternal punishment making you do so.

It's because the fundies can't be good people without the threat of punishment so they think no one else can, either.

We should be grateful, really; if they didn't have Jesus to tell them, "no-no," spanking them or threatening them with eternal torment, they'd be out stealing and murdering and pillaging and abusing kittens.

edited because I messed something up.

Ray Comfort has spoken.

https://homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com/2015/05/25/ray-comfort-threatens-to-stop-watching-tlc-after-network-drops-duggars/

And some guy from HEAV that I'm not familar with but he's horrible based on this.

https://homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com/2015/05/24/heavs-rick-boyer-defends-josh-duggar-and-bill-gothard-claims-abuse-is-the-new-racism/

I am surprised at the unapologetic excusing of sexual abuse from these people. But I am glad that their creepy views are now public and will not be forgotten.

The guy from HEAV, Rick Boyer, is one of the homeschool pioneers from back in the day. He and his wife have a large family and started homeschooling them way back before homeschooling was even all that organized. He's probably not so well known to folks outside the HS community because he's not got a huge personal presence online(no family blog that i know of, etc..). However, he's the author of the Character Concepts curriculum and several other works, and in conservative HS circles, he and his wife Marilyn are pretty much rock stars.

Re: the abuse piece - Knowing that he comes from that "pioneer" generation of homeschoolers, I had a hard time reading this and not seeing shades of Mary Pride from back in the day. I'm not sure I was even born when she got her start, but I've recently read some of her writings and one of her books dealt with what she seemed to see as the CPS abuse industry and how it persecutes families. I know that book was influential in the early days of homeschooling and now the ideas from it seem to be echoing a bit.

I like Sheila from Love Honor and Vacuum's response

tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2015/05/why-the-duggar-abuse-scandal-matters/

I like Sheila from Love Honor and Vacuum's response

tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2015/05/why-the-duggar-abuse-scandal-matters/

Wow! That's really good! I'm an atheist, but it's very important that Christians speak out on this. Maybe some will listen to Sheila.

I just read the most horrific comment on Sheila's article (which was a great response).

I cannot copy paste on my phone, I am uploading a screenshot. 403473f5004ffe34cd9e1e0764285294.jpg

This is someone who works 'in the field'.

Of course the victims are fine, they never showed any indication of abuse on their TV show. That's all you really need to make a diagnosis, an hour or two a week of highly edited footage.

Also, did you know? Counseling is based on psychology, which is based on that super evil work of fiction by Darwin.

(Fortunately, looks like Sheila and a few other commenters called her out immediately)

The above woman is no true counselor and spreading lies that are going to hurt people. Enough people think we're air headed quacks anyway - don't need an actual counselor to weigh in.

I wonder if she's even a licensed professional. Probably works for a hotline and thinks she has special qualifications.

Archived