IGNORED

Jill admitting she had to take food and hide in the bathroom

Nishi621

I agree 100%- Jim cared because it proved he was sexually active and fertile. M just loved the attention that being a grand multip brings. Also, M enjoyed the immediate newborn stage, before any personality was shown. Once that kid needed to be watched or showed any temperament, she was done.

They were baby collectors, and are child neglecters.

It's so true. J'chelle has said numerous times over the years that they would love to adopt once they can't pump out any more babies too. I'd love to see them try and get past the background checks for adoption. Even before the most recent scandal came to light, they wouldn't have had a chance, because they would have access to that police report. I don't care how much money and resources they have, no child should unwillingly have to go live with them.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a quantum leap. It is not uncommon (at all!) for young adults to gain considerable weight in those early years outside of the home. For some, it's merely a matter of genetics and adult body type kicking in. For others, it begins with the "college 5", -gaining weight while eating cafeteria food and snacking too heavily, no parents to help hold the boundaries of portion control and healthy eating choices. I don't think Josh's weight gain has much to do with a lack of food in his home, but much more to do with Anna thinking (like my Polish grandmother did) that feeding her husband *well* is her duty as a wife, and sadly placing too much value on her worth, based on his enjoyment of her cooking.

Sadly, from what I saw Anna was not a good cook.

It's so true. J'chelle has said numerous times over the years that they would love to adopt once they can't pump out any more babies too. I'd love to see them try and get past the background checks for adoption. Even before the most recent scandal came to light, they wouldn't have had a chance, because they would have access to that police report. I don't care how much money and resources they have, no child should unwillingly have to go live with them.

Didn't they once say recently that God just never laid the adoption thing on their hearts... meaning, no, they don't want to.

I agree that this avenue is now forever foreclosed.

I can leave candy on the coffee table and it'll stay there. Cans of olive and fresh tomatoes? Those are the things the kids and I fight over. :)

Fresh tomatoes, yum.

After they were engaged and in the car headed home, Derick made a comment that they could just go get married, right now, and Jill reminded him that such a move would not be a good testimony and he sheepishly agreed.

IMO, Derick will come to his sense as finances will dictate such. In this regard, a move away from Duggarville would be great for Jill. She needs parental deprogramming, in a bad way. Izzy and Derick's sanity both depend on it.

Jill didn't immediately counter with that. I do believe she verbally agreed with it, then corrected herself. If not, there was definitely a non-verbal agreement and a pause before the "it wouldn't be good testimony."

Sadly, from what I saw Anna was not a good cook.

I can't entirely blame her. There are very few in those mega families who bother teaching their kids how to cook well; usually, they just teach the kids how to cook enough.

I made the mistake of googling what that was. I hate looking at dental work. I don't know why I did that.

I haven't looked it up and now I don't think I will!

Edit: of course I had to look it up. Yowza.

I haven't looked it up and now I don't think I will!

Edit: of course I had to look it up. Yowza.

I'll pass on looking it up. I am not afraid of needles, but the dentist is one place where my eyes stay shut.

I'll pass on looking it up. I am not afraid of needles, but the dentist is one place where my eyes stay shut.

I found a series of videos from someone who had it done. If Derick's procedure was like hers, he doesn't have any business going to Nepal until six months afterward. She was on a liquid diet for two months and soft foods for much longer. Finally got released from the oral surgeon's care after six months and she incidentally lost around 40 pounds. Derick can't afford to lose any weight, imo. And this poor woman looked like she wasn't well enough to be at work for quite some time. I can't imagine doing much of anything, let alone "missionary work," in that condition. https://youtu.be/zFoQa-dqSaI It was fascinating to watch her face change.

I grew up in a family of three kids, and everything was controlled. I mean, everything. From how many squares of toilet tissue we used to how much food and drink we had. A lot of times, especially going through growth stages, we were hungry. At nearly 50 years old I can still recite the rules. It took me a long time not to feel "bad" when I was grown for breaking those rules. Having those rules in place growing up, all three of us hid food and ate in secret. Maybe the size of the family wasn't the issue, so much as the strict control?

I only had one sibling but very controlling parents, especially in regard to food. We got lunch and dinner only, no breakfast and no snacks. On holidays we didn't even get lunch because we were going to have a big dinner. She would often hide food that didn't need to be refrigerated. Naturally, my sister and I snuck food. My mother knew exactly how much of everything there was, so she always discovered it, even if it was just a single slice of sandwich meat.

She would call us both into the kitchen and demand to knew who did it, we would both deny it. It would make her furious that she couldn't punish the guilty one. So she'd talk about the one thing that she hated the most was a sneak. We just didn't care what she thought of a sneak.

I'm in my 50s and I still sometimes have the urge to sneak or hide food, waiting to eat it until my husband is out or sleeping. It's really hard to break away from anything when you grow up in a controlling atmosphere.

I only had one sibling but very controlling parents, especially in regard to food. We got lunch and dinner only, no breakfast and no snacks. On holidays we didn't even get lunch because we were going to have a big dinner. She would often hide food that didn't need to be refrigerated. Naturally, my sister and I snuck food. My mother knew exactly how much of everything there was, so she always discovered it, even if it was just a single slice of sandwich meat.

She would call us both into the kitchen and demand to knew who did it, we would both deny it. It would make her furious that she couldn't punish the guilty one. So she'd talk about the one thing that she hated the most was a sneak. We just didn't care what she thought of a sneak.

I'm in my 50s and I still sometimes have the urge to sneak or hide food, waiting to eat it until my husband is out or sleeping. It's really hard to break away from anything when you grow up in a controlling atmosphere.

I'm sorry. That sounds really shitty. Wow.

I dunno. I remember when that aired and raising an eyebrow. It's hard to tell with Jill sometimes. Either it's completely innocuous (eating a coveted piece of chocolate while hiding so she didn't have to share) or it's a sign of major neglect (Hunger Games - Duggar style).

Probably sounded way better in her head than it actually came out. Probably also leaves out some key detail since the Duggars like to do that with their stories.

I was thinking this too. My son often tells a story of me punching him down a store aisle into a drink display just like in the movies. I sound like a horrible abusive mother. What he leaves out is that is was a complete accident and I was horrified/ mortified when it happened.

But then too, I came from a family of 5 kids, fundie-lite for a time, and totally abusive parents. I had NO idea that my childhood wasn't normal and talked about it like it was nothing to other non-fundie-lite/ non-abusive-family people.

It wasn't until I was about 22 or 23 that I started realizing just how screwed up my childhood was. How was I to know that not all teens are threatened with death and shipped off to their other parent after their rape is swept under the rug. The story if freaking hilarious to tell. Am I right or am I right? Hold on, let me mop up the sarcasm I dripped all over the floor before mother makes me lick it up off the floor with my tongue.

Any preparer of food in a family who's claiming hunger, is likely not the sharpest tool in the shed. *Those* are the least likely to even BE hungry by the time everyone sits down to eat.

Now if you managed to get a hold of something extra fine, and had no intention of sharing, yes, the bathroom would be fine.

Any preparer of food in a family who's claiming hunger, is likely not the sharpest tool in the shed. *Those* are the least likely to even BE hungry by the time everyone sits down to eat.

Now if you managed to get a hold of something extra fine, and had no intention of sharing, yes, the bathroom would be fine.

Actually, unless I'm cooking something like Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, I'm not likely to sample anything more than testing a few noodles here or there, or tasting some sauce to make sure it tastes okay. That's just how I was raised.

ETA: also, the Duggars make a lot of foods like the tattertot casserole that comes out in trays for everyone to grab food from. I doubt they do too much sampling of those things because it's really hard to sample something like that before it's done.

Whoa, whoa there. I didn't say she was a GOOD cook. :lol:

:)

Archived