IGNORED

Arkansas Midwife Loses License - Mother Speaks Out Merged

halcionne

Does anyone know the story with the adoptive child she apparently didn't keep or something along those lines 4 years ago? I'm nosy.

All she said was that she always wanted to be a mother but she couldn't have kids. She had a foster-to-adopt (I'm thinking a foster kid she wanted to adopt but there are no guarantees) kid at some point and that was "taken" from her. I am assuming the kid went back to the bio parents if that's the case.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

So it appears she's practicing in MO which has almost no laws about childbirth.  On Sept. 30 she shared this link http://armidwife.com/ and on Oct. 27 she posted this *****ANNOUNCEMENT******
We are expanding! We will now have a midwife in Bartlesville, Oklahoma serving the surrounding area. We will be offering Midwife services including a Prenatal Care ONLY option! For those interested contact us at GAP Medical Clinic 918-213-4977 (ask to speak with the midwife)

At one point (I know this due to a cousin) technically home births were illegal in Missouri.  Said cousin had an 'illegal' home birth with a midwife.  The entire saga has been captured (she writes, professionally so i'm not sharing secrets here) here:  http://www.babble.com/pregnancy/my-illegal-home-birth-giving-birth-at-home-was-weird-magical-and-a-felony/

I believe the child in question is 9 or 10 now.  And laws have changed (or something). 

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies if this has been discussed already but did anyone read the statement from Venessa GIron, the midwife who lost her license. It seems she is trying to clear herself. I also wonder if the 'team of midwives' included Query women.I know a while back Debbie Query was in 'training'.
http://www.inquisitr.com/2574999/duggar-family-midwife-slams-jessa-and-jill-for-homebirths/

Meeting is over, it didn’t go over well but I expected nothing other than that. It was in regard to Baby Jozzie and in the end, I was told that I was negligent. So sad. I will cry and sleep this off and keep doing what I love to do as long as I am able!”

It's just about her and what she loves to do? nothing about what happened to the baby and what she might want to do differently in the future to avoid it happening to other babies?

Apologies if this has been discussed already but did anyone read the statement from Venessa GIron, the midwife who lost her license. It seems she is trying to clear herself. I also wonder if the 'team of midwives' included Query women.I know a while back Debbie Query was in 'training'.
http://www.inquisitr.com/2574999/duggar-family-midwife-slams-jessa-and-jill-for-homebirths/

That woman looks creepy.  Did you notice the dirty fingernails?  Why is she still allowed to keep her business open?

I do remember that Jill lost her apprentice permit at the time. I don't know who Jill finished her training with, but it would be interesting to find out.  Whoever it was might have been involved in baby Israel's (screwed-up) birth in some way.  Jill and the baby probably would have died if they had not gone to the hospital.   

Didn't Jill finish her training online from some Midwifery place in Texas? 

I never knew the details on what caused Venessa to lose her license, that's terrifying. Her apology was very selfish too. "I'll cry and sleep this off" How about? "I'm sorry for causing this poor baby to get an infection and have seizures?"

I vaguely remember seeing that Venessa also practiced in TX or maybe it was OK. Maybe Jill finished with her there instead of AR? Never know because they haven't exactly been transparent. 

I never knew the details on what caused Venessa to lose her license, that's terrifying. Her apology was very selfish too. "I'll cry and sleep this off" How about? "I'm sorry for causing this poor baby to get an infection and have seizures?"

Nothing like taking no responsibility for anything she may have done or could have done differently. She left a baby with permanent problems and is worried about how sad she feels? Wow

Hopefully Jill learned that fucking up during a delivery is serious business, with legitimate consequences. 

I doubt it. But I hope so.

It's a pretty bad condemnation if the midwife that is banned from practicing in her home state because of negligent medical practice is calling out two of her famous friends for poorly managed home deliveries. 

Ya know, these two are the ultimate hypocrites.  They are all about forcing unwanted pregnancies on other women, crying tears about the rights of unborn babies.  Yet, when it comes time for their own pregnancies.   they turn around and take massive risks with the lives of their very own unborn children.  These women also have probably not received the prenatal screenings and care that would be considered standard for the rest of us.  And, when things go very wrong, they and their fans cry 'we have a right to make our own decisions about childbirth'.   This bunch contributes nothing positive to society.  Yet, they rely on others (in this case doctors in the emergency room) to clean up their messes they themselves create.

At one point (I know this due to a cousin) technically home births were illegal in Missouri.  Said cousin had an 'illegal' home birth with a midwife.  The entire saga has been captured (she writes, professionally so i'm not sharing secrets here) here:  http://www.babble.com/pregnancy/my-illegal-home-birth-giving-birth-at-home-was-weird-magical-and-a-felony/

I believe the child in question is 9 or 10 now.  And laws have changed (or something). 

These are the newer laws, I think they went into effect in the last 5 years.

The practice of midwifery in the state of Missouri is now legal for anyone who is certified by the ACNM or NARM.  Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM), Certified Midwives (CM) as well as Certified Professional Midwives (CPM) are legal to practice in Missouri. 

CPMs as well as CNMs or CMs may legally attend home births in Missouri. Midwives are currently practicing in both home and hospital birth settings.

Certified Professional Midwives are legal by Judicial Interpretation or Statutory Inference even though midwifery is defined as part of the practice of medicine according to state law. Therefore, anyone other than CPMs, CMs or CNM's can be (and some have been) prosecuted for the practice of medicine without a license, which is a felony. Lay Midwives are not considered legal to practice in Missouri.

I dont understand 'we have a right to make own choice on birth' either, and never taking the life of the baby into consideration.They fail to see choice has much more to do than with where you birth the baby. FUndie/Quiverfull women likely feel it is the only thing they can control since they are forbidden choices given to other women like birth control. In a sense they act like the feminists they condemn.

I could have sworn Jill finished her birth requirements with the Query woman. There is a whole thead about Vanessa in quiver full of snark and I think we talked about it there? I'll have to do some digging. 

Well I dug around and could only find a possible link to Joy Coonfield as her second supervisor. There was an Arkansas government doc cache which lists who's their apprentices and it seems Jill was under Joy AND Vanessa at one point. But since I can't find the original doc I'm hesitant to say yes for sure. 

I also noticed vanessa edited her original Facebook post to remove the reference to Jill after the fact. So weird and we will never get the full story as I suspect even CPMs are required to follow HIPAA. 

That woman looks creepy.  Did you notice the dirty fingernails?  Why is she still allowed to keep her business open?

I do remember that Jill lost her apprentice permit at the time. I don't know who Jill finished her training with, but it would be interesting to find out.  Whoever it was might have been involved in baby Israel's (screwed-up) birth in some way.  Jill and the baby probably would have died if they had not gone to the hospital.   

Dirty finger nails? She has a manicure and long nails (which seems inadvisable for a midwife), if that's what you mean.

Found it.... 

Duggar, Jill
Arbor Acres Springdale, AR 72762 

LMW Supervisor(s): Venessa Giron Shelley Wasson Joy Coonfield
Permit expires 8/31/2015 

https://web.archive.org/web/20131102022140/http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programsServices/familyHealth/WomensHealth/Documents/LicensedMidwifeApprentices.pdf

So Jill could have finished out with any of them and had any of them attend her. I sort of suspect venessa had something to do with her due to the way she worded her Facebook post though. 

Babies get strep from their moms if their moms have that strep, so how did Venessa cause it?  And how did she cause the seizures?  I'm not finding anything that goes into how she's to blame.  Now saying she's not, but I am curious how she's responsible for causing them.

And Venessa?  Jozzie?  Geeeez Looeez.

It's just about her and what she loves to do? nothing about what happened to the baby and what she might want to do differently in the future to avoid it happening to other babies?

Holy effing shit. Glad she can just "sleep it off" and move on, whereas the parents of that child have no such option. Did the baby even survive? Ending up on ECMO is really, really serious. Beyond regular ventilator and jet vent, I think. 

Also, who on earth would ever want someone to deliver their child that could be so heartless to not even seem to care that a child they delivered suffered all of that? Even if that baby lived (which I'm assuming since I didn't see anything saying otherwise), if I had made the decisions leading to that outcome I would be all about that little baby and how I wish I had made better decisions to help him avoid complications.

I also want to add, all this "God's hand is in this" talk about a medical care provider and a medical situation really freaks me the hell out. I'd rather my medical professionals rely on their training and all than god. That's why an OB did my section, not a pastor.

Archived