IGNORED

Widely Accepted Duggar Myths

veron1que

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A sin in the camp.

Does anyone have any proof of this? I've looked and looked but can't find anything more than rumors.

Wasn't the term ''Sin in the camp'' actually used by Jim Bob himself when he lost his run at the state senate? He said that he lost because their was sin in the camp and God wanted to punish him. I'm really really not sure of this, at all! Maybe I'm confusing some events. Again, we are in rumor-land. I could be very wrong.

I wouldn't be surprise though if Jim Bob actually did say that but meant that it was simply a punishment from God for something totally unrelated to Josh. Considering fundies interpret lots of things as being sinful, then it really could mean anything. I just can't see this whole molestation story being true.

I'm also tired of this idea that Jana is so put upon (CinderJana). From what I've seen, she has had the least requirements out of all the older girls. She's been doing mostly behind the scene stuff while Jessa's been homeschooling and Jill seems to be doing most of the "mothering." Even Jinger and Joy seem to do more chores. Plus, she's been on a number of missions, JTTHs, and other ATI events without her family, something that I don't think can be said about the other girls. Out of all the girls, I think Jana has the most freedom.

Also, I hated when Jessa was courting and everyone attacked her for not being a good sistermom. She should NEVER have been expected to be a sister mom, especially from us.

Oh god, I have so many of these. I am practically a leghumper compared to some of you folks out there:

I think a lot of people were lurkers who came out of hiding during Jill's Neverending Pregnancy. I notice your post count is pretty low. So basically, I think there are suddenly a bunch of people on the board who may have enjoyed reading the snark, but didn't really dislike the Duggars enough to want to participate.

Practically a Leghumper should be a post-count title. :lol:

I'm also tired of this idea that Jana is so put upon (CinderJana). From what I've seen, she has had the least requirements out of all the older girls. She's been doing mostly behind the scene stuff while Jessa's been homeschooling and Jill seems to be doing most of the "mothering." Even Jinger and Joy seem to do more chores. Plus, she's been on a number of missions, JTTHs, and other ATI events without her family, something that I don't think can be said about the other girls. Out of all the girls, I think Jana has the most freedom.

Also, I hated when Jessa was courting and everyone attacked her for not being a good sistermom. She should NEVER have been expected to be a sister mom, especially from us.

I sort of agree with this. I think that Jana was likely put upon quite a bit a few years ago, but now I think some of her duties have morphed into some office work, which, could be good experience for her and she might quite like it. I also think that even if she still is largely responsible for the kids, she sees some light at the end of the tunnel as they get more independent.

Where I don't agree:

It is obvious that Jana has played a huge role in raising the kids because we have seen them turn to her when scared or hurt. We have also seen countless photos of her holding various and sundry kids at almost all functions. We also know that the other girls, seem to think nothing of tasking Jana to do things for them like sewing all of the dresses for Jill's bridesmaids and the ties, even though we know that Jessa and Jinger and possibly Joy can also sew. I never will understand why all of those alterations fell to Jana. I could see, where if she is the most skilled, that she might do the first one or two just to figure it out, but after that, Jessa and Jinger should have been able to do their own. And help with some of the others.

I firmly believe that Jana and Jill were the main child Care givers and cooks in the family. Does Jinger have a buddy group?

RE: Jinger's sad dynamic and apparent low self esteem, I noticed that during the Jessa VSE, it was mentioned a few times that Jessa has a strong personality and that she likes to lead and Jinger was more of a follower. I know they are close, but I do wonder if Jessa pretty much called the shots with Jinger. Now that Jessa is gone, it might take Jinger awhile to find her footing, but I do sort of think she may actually blossom if she is out from under Jessa. I would imagine that Jana, would be less "bossy" than Jessa, and I think that She and Jinger might approach work around the house, more as partners, than as Jessa being the Boss, and Jinger being the go fetch girl. I am not snarking on Jessa,. She probably evolved into that leadership and organizing role, because the parents were unable or unwilling to do it.

Ran into a few on another forum where the new courtship is being discussed:

*The family was financially sound prior to the show and their lifestyle has not changed especially in terms of finances. (Stated with a big dose of how they live debt free and are a model for the rest of us and how all QF families are financially well off because they live debt free).

*How courtship is just a kind of "Christian dating" and there is no reason to assume Josiah and Marjorie will be encouraged to marry any time soon or at all.

*How their kids are so super duper more mature than normal teenagers because of their wonderful parenting and homeschooling and Jesus so if they do marry young it is different than other teens.

:roll: :roll:

I disagree with basically everything the Duggarites try to defend them on.. the big one is that the family was financially secure before the show. The first specials started when there was only 14 kids, i believe, and they lived in a house meant for a family of 5. The kids wore rags and everything came from the thrift store. They made very unhealthy slop for their kids like tater tot casserole and poor man's pizza. To me, that's not living well, that's struggling. The sad thing is if they would have used natural family planning, they probably could have given their kids a descent life without the show. I don't agree with the kids having their choices for everything. That's a load of crap. In fact, they had a rerun of a Q & A episode a few days ago and one of the questionswas "If one of the teenagers would accidently kiss someone, what would you do." Then Michelle answers similar to this "I don't know how you would accidently kiss someone but i would have to say you shouldn't be kissing someone you're not married to anyway! So, well atv least that's what they tell me." (This was the Josiah and the arm incident episode if you want to check it out) so not only did she not answer the question but she was trying to once again, convince the viewers that the kids essentially have no rules and they set these insane rules on their own. And when she answered the question in her vague Duggar way, she was obviously uncomfortable with the question. She looked physically angry, she was giving the camera attitude, like she was arguing. Ugh, these people really get on my nerves with their blatant lies.

As far as we know Jinger still has a buddy team.

It used to be Johannah and Jed. Id guess that Jed and Jer are no longer on teams given that they are 16. And that Jinger has taken Jordyn and Justin from Jessa's team.

That Jill and Derick sacrificed their baby in a satanic ritual.

The week of baby Israel's birth will live in infamy here. That thread being the symbol of it all.

The Josiah Arm Twist. People have decided, based on screenshots, that Jim Bob apparently twisted his arm or hurt him in some way. Naysayers are quickly yelled down by the decision that, since they are horrible people, it must have happened because look he's holding his arm! And you can't ever disagree about it.

I think a lot of people were lurkers who came out of hiding during Jill's Neverending Pregnancy. I notice your post count is pretty low. So basically, I think there are suddenly a bunch of people on the board who may have enjoyed reading the snark, but didn't really dislike the Duggars enough to want to participate.

Practically a Leghumper should be a post-count title. :lol:

You are pretty spot on! I was definitely a lurker, and a mild Duggar snarker. I second "practically a leghumper" for a post-count title.

The maxwells are where I believe my inner snark truly shines. Maxhell is where things get really weird.

The maxwells are where I believe my inner snark truly shines. Maxhell is where things get really weird.

Mine are the Arndts. I just can't stand or understand the Arndts.

But the Duggars do a lot more and are more visible so they're fun to talk about.

So that's NOT true? That makes me very happy. Though now I'm really surprised at all the dental care...I would have thought Jim Bob was too cheap for that.

JB has stated that they buy private health and dental insurance plans. He also said that it wasn't cheap. I think it was in the epi where Jana/Jill went to the dentist....but I'm not sure.

The kids wanted to all be together in one room.

Buying used yet have apple laptops and I phones. Even used that's expensive.

The kids all want big families and the girls want to stay at home.

It's the girls choice to wear skirts

JB and Michelle leaving it up to god to decide the number of children, after a doctor tells them BC caused it.

But the Duggars do a lot more and are more visible so they're fun to talk about.

The Arndts are the strangest thing. I don't know if I find it weirder that they have all of those man-boys still living at home or their birthday tradition of posing the kid with the cake on their parent's bed....

The kids wanted to all be together in one room.

Buying used yet have apple laptops and I phones. Even used that's expensive.

The kids all want big families and the girls want to stay at home.

It's the girls choice to wear skirts

JB and Michelle leaving it up to god to decide the number of children, after a doctor tells them BC caused it.

And the girls all want long hair.

Kelly Crawford is mine for very personal reasons.

The Josiah arm twist... Such a controversial topic for an incident that has so little evidence on either side of the argument. :evil-eye:

The Josiah arm twist... Such a controversial topic for an incident that has so little evidence on either side of the argument. :evil-eye:

I think the Josiah arm twist is one of out more interesting debates. Those in the camp that state it as fact use it as evidence that Jim-Bob strongly dislikes Josiah; leading to the following conclusions.

1) Josiah was sent to alert because JB hates him

2) Josiah is courting at 18! because JB dislikes him and wants to control him.

Plus I think its really colored how people viewed the Josiah dental surgery video. I honestly just saw JB with a firm grip as he helped his drugged up son into the car. Others saw a menacing rough-handling of Josiah by JB :nenner: .

The Arndts are the strangest thing. I don't know if I find it weirder that they have all of those man-boys still living at home or their birthday tradition of posing the kid with the cake on their parent's bed....

:wtf: WHAT?! *runs away to go search Arndts* :geek:

That JB and Michelle somehow control all of the money, including all the money the married adults make. If you point out that it doesn't make sense based on the earnings of other TLC regulars/regulars on other reality TV shows, you're shot down and have to "give actual proof the Duggar kids have their own money;" but if you're saying that the Duggar kids don't ever see the money they earn (even from things like the girls' book), everyone defends you.

veron1que wrote:

Mylnijya wrote:

:wtf: WHAT?! *runs away to go search Arndts* :geek:

:lol: go to the famteam website. They don't have ages up anymore but used to. I think the oldest son is now 36? 38? Anyways... I remember years ago thinking oh how interesting to have had so many sons. And they're a decent-looking bunch. Now with so many of them mature-adult age and NOT ONE married! NOT ONE with a girlfriend. NOT ONE moved out! I just.... I just can't believe that that mom and dad are the only ones ever having any sex. The birthday cake thing is just one more dose of perplexing insanity. And omg when one of the sons writes anything about modesty for women or what sort of girl they are looking for I just... :puke-front: The whole thing just seems twisted and I can't begin to understand.

As time goes on I am missing the old spunky Jinger and wonder what her deal is. She just seems so sedate now. But maybe she's just matured. Or... they've beaten (not literally) the spunk out of her.

That JB and Michelle somehow control all of the money, including all the money the married adults make. If you point out that it doesn't make sense based on the earnings of other TLC regulars/regulars on other reality TV shows, you're shot down and have to "give actual proof the Duggar kids have their own money;" but if you're saying that the Duggar kids don't ever see the money they earn (even from things like the girls' book), everyone defends you.

If all the kids 18+ had free access to the television money, we would see some different lifestyles among them. Do you really believe that Ben & Jessa would be living in that little house if she had access to an account with all of her reality show paychecks? Mrs. Blush Bridal Gown doesn't seem to have minimalist or cheap taste. We also may have seen at least one completely flee the nest by now, too. So, no, I don't think that they all have free access to their money. My guess is, that as has been speculated here before, JB has it tangled up in trusts which he distributes as he sees fit.

Archived