IGNORED

Widely Accepted Duggar Myths

veron1que

Was it Jessa and Ben or Jill and Derrick that was rumored to have consummated their marriage in a church closet? It came from a now defunct satirical blog...Ridiculous, but it still crops up as a truth now and then.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would count in a lot of luck too. Out of the real estate he owned pre-TLC, the one that made the most money was the one a company wanted to put a cellphone tower on. No way he could've predicted that. And it's not as if real estate (especially at that time) was considered a bad investment, so I'm not ready to treat him like he bought Apple stock at a low and held onto it.

Every person has some amount of luck. It's the cumulative picture. Since the TLC money started pouring in, he has expanded his investments into what his own airline? Construction company? Who knows how much land he owns now. Basically, he has continued on the same path, but now he just has a lot more money to add to the pot. If TLC went away tomorrow, I'm sure he has his hand in so many investments there is no way Duggar wealth will go away. They are for sure a very rich family. They wouldn't be AS rich if the show had never happened, but they would still be debt free and much more financially stable than most American households.

Every person has some amount of luck. It's the cumulative picture. Since the TLC money started pouring in, he has expanded his investments into what his own airline? Construction company? Who knows how much land he owns now. Basically, he has continued on the same path, but now he just has a lot more money to add to the pot. If TLC went away tomorrow, I'm sure he has his hand in so many investments there is no way Duggar wealth will go away. They are for sure a very rich family. They wouldn't be AS rich if the show had never happened, but they would still be debt free and much more financially stable than most American households.

I'm sorry I misunderstood your original post. I thought you were stating that without TLC money coming i.e. pre-TLC they were fine financially due to JB's shrewd financial planning. I was stating that no, it wasn't that he was that smart-- he had no way of knowing that land would prove to be as valuable as it is. I'm still not quite sure what your original post meant now. :think: SORRY!

Post TLC--that's another story. We don't know how much TLC money he's made and then grown. Or if anyone is advising him. But using the cash to buy up foreclosures I think is his main strategy right now-- or the one we see. I do think he is set for life thanks originally to the money he made from TLC. I do not think he would be this way without TLC paychecks to invest.

Was it Jessa and Ben or Jill and Derrick that was rumored to have consummated their marriage in a church closet? It came from a now defunct satirical blog...Ridiculous, but it still crops up as a truth now and then.

That one was so funny! :lol:

That without the TLC gravy-train the Duggars would have nothing.

Whatever feelings anyone may have about Boob- he is incredibly smart with his investments and has been since before TV.

Yeah I think that's a rumor too. I've never actually seen anything to verify how they managed pre-TLC.

This whole "praying about adoption" thing. I am pretty sure they will never adopt and thats just another "right" thing to say.

I probably wouldn´t use the term " incredibly smart", but I don´t see them living under a bridge either. Struggling yes, but just in a too tiny house like so many of the other anonym Quiverfull(or generally fundamentalist) families all over the country.

Still, we don´t know... the hard part of having a company/business or making a investment is the "keeping it profitable" and not the "having it".

Another interesting question is what Josh would have become? I doubt he could land a similar job as he holds now on his own.

I still wish it was true, because it would be amazing.

I always think that there are some seeds of truth, in some plausible Duggar myths.

It would be a a true miracle if Michelle doesn't have some degree of pelvic organ prolapse. Any amount of births is a risk factor...the sheer number of vaginal deliveries she's experienced makes it a guarantee. If not uterine then definitely bladder or rectum.

Ok so I think that there is many myths that we accept as day to day truths but I feel the biggest lie we tell ourselves and each other is that one or more of the kids (usually one we happen to have a soft spot for) is different than the parents, they want out, they'll be the ones to break away, or even they'll go fundy lite. We have no evidence or anything close to evidence to prove this. It just kind of is a wishful thought we all have.

A sin in the camp.

Does anyone have any proof of this? I've looked and looked but can't find anything more than rumors.

Wait were suppose to be doing myths we started right not duggar lies?

Haha yeah ;P. I don't think any of those Duggar lies are widely believed on FJ.

And the "sin in the camp" rumor always confuses me because it sometimes gets spun two different ways. I've heard that the sin in the camp was that Josh was courting someone around age 16 and something inappropriate happened labeling Josh a molester. I've also heard Josh being a molester as a separate rumor from Josh had a failed courtship.

I'm sorry I misunderstood your original post. I thought you were stating that without TLC money coming i.e. pre-TLC they were fine financially due to JB's shrewd financial planning. I was stating that no, it wasn't that he was that smart-- he had no way of knowing that land would prove to be as valuable as it is. I'm still not quite sure what your original post meant now. :think: SORRY!

No you got it right :)

I think if TV never happened to them, they would still be doing very well. Yes it was lucky about the cell tower BUT he did purchase the land! I don't know about you, but I've never purchased land. He was on a trajectory of purchasing property and using rental income for many years. That is the only way he could've financed any sort of campaign. They had been debt-free for quite a while. So if the TV cameras had never started rolling, I do believe they would still be debt-free and doing better than most American households. With all of the TLC money... they're just damn rich. And I see that he has continued his pattern of making investments. So no matter what I will say JB has always had his finances very solid.

That some girl stole Jinger's diary. I know she said it on her own page, but I can't remember if it was ever authenticated...maybe it's not a myth but I haven't the foggiest :shifty-kitty:

That some girl stole Jinger's diary. I know she said it on her own page, but I can't remember if it was ever authenticated...maybe it's not a myth but I haven't the foggiest :shifty-kitty:

Some girl DID steal Jinger's diary. Michelle talks about it in one of the books.

Some girl DID steal Jinger's diary. Michelle talks about it in one of the books.

Oh heavens, I HAVE lost my mind. Thanks, LogansMama! Well, looks like I'm out of this conversation! :lol:

That Jinger wanted to move to New York City. She did say "city, please" but I think the internet turned that into NYC.

Oh heavens, I HAVE lost my mind. Thanks, LogansMama! Well, looks like I'm out of this conversation! :lol:

No problem. I would certainly never steal someone's diary, but I sure am curious what it said!

That the girls aren't allowed to court until Mommy and Daddy have decided their ratings justify the price of giving up a slave.

That Jinger wanted to mobe to New York City. She did say "city, please" but I think the internet turned that into NYC.

Speaking of misinterpretations....that the "jewerly box story" is evidence that Jessa is a self-centered "princess." Rather than just being an example of how the Duggars suck at parenting.

Personally I think she's done far too much organizing to be a princess.

Oh god, I have so many of these. I am practically a leghumper compared to some of you folks out there:

1. That JB is a mastermind who carefully times out his children's courtships, plans etc. so that he can make bajiollions. I think he utilizes them once they occur, but I dont think he is selling his daughters out like that.

2. That they are purposefully keeping Jana and Jinger from courting to parent the kids. Josie is like 5. I think Jana was already a big buddy at that age. Joy-Anna seems to be doing more of the housekeeping these days anyway. No, I think JB and Michelle would be thrilled to have more marriages. I think they truly believe being married is the best position to be in in this world, and they best way to live a holy life. I think they want that for their kids

3. That Michelle is sick with jealousy over her kids having babies. Does she miss being pregnant, I bet, but I think she knows its over, and is moving into the new "season of life". I think Josie and then Jubilee maybe even made her realize god was telling her to stop. I dont think they use BC, I think they abstained for a while and now shes too old. I think shes generally okay with this. She was rocked by Jubliee, and I think she knows she cant handle it again. Also, i really think she WANTS HUNDREDS of grandkids for the fundie bragging rights.

4. My biggest one: Sin in the Camp. FUCK THAT. I think it is beyond fucked up to accuse someone of molesting or raping women, especially their sisters. There is literally NO basis for this rumor, and I think is is very dangerous to spread rhetoric like that around that much. This is the one that actively pisses me off. Being a smug asshole doesnt mean you molested your sisters. Lets just hate on Josh for the things he actually does and says, there is plenty to go around.

Basically, I think the Duggars are very, very literal believers in the bible, which means they harbor some pretty nasty beliefs, ones would be better left outside of our nation. But I think they are true believers who see their success as gods reward for how they lived their life. I think they love their kids to the point they hurt them. I dont think they are truly mean and nasty, but very misguided, self involved and I think they are making some dangerous ideas more mainstream, which is no bueno. But they arent the devil reincarnate.

Speaking of misinterpretations....that the "jewerly box story" is evidence that Jessa is a self-centered "princess." Rather than just being an example of how the Duggars suck at parenting.

Personally I think she's done far too much organizing to be a princess.

YES THIS.

Jessa was too young at the time to be blamed for what happened in that situation. That is a parenting fail, not a Jessa fail. Although that kind of experience could have helped make Jessa entitled (which I do think she is).

YES THIS.

Jessa was too young at the time to be blamed for what happened in that situation. That is a parenting fail, not a Jessa fail. Although that kind of experience could have helped make Jessa entitled (which I do think she is).

I couldn't agree more. When I read that part I was appalled that Jessa wasn't punished and instead Jana was. How awful! Once again, poor Jana!

Archived