IGNORED

Widely Accepted Duggar Myths

veron1que

I totally agree. It was more than evident that Jana went to WW to be sort of a moral support person to J'chelle. Suddenly she's been diagnosed as having a full-blown eating disorder to having been sexually abused in order to explain why she was going to weight watchers. :roll:

Still better than the theory that Jill had twins and the Dillards sacrificed one of them in a Satanic ritual, though. :?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Jill would be jealous if a sibling (aka Jessa) had twins before she did. I haven't seen ANYTHING from Jill to support such a thought. I think she'd be rather happy for her sibling.

So does anybody know if three-way rice was a myth or if it really happened?

So does anybody know if three-way rice was a myth or if it really happened?

I found this: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=11465&p=329084&hilit=three+way+rice#p329084

which led to this: http://web.archive.org/web/201306261148 ... /food/004/

which included this, though Michelle isn't listed as a speaker:

Ladies Panel

Frugality and Health: Resolving the Tension Between Feeding Your Family a High-Quality Diet While Staying Within the Constraints of a Tight Budget

—Phillips, Coghlan, West, Thomas

So it seems that she mentioned it at a Vision Forum "Reformation of Food and the Family Conference" in July 2012. Our own archives might be the best resource, since VF crashed and burned. Unless there are FJers who know their way around the wayback machine. There's some stuff there, but that's not my area of expertise. ;)

ETA this (not very helpful, but maybe somebody will enjoy it) from Duggar Family Blog: duggarfamilyblog.com/2012/08/food-conference-photos.html

I'm still not totally convinced, but I'm leaning towards the possibly-true side because these people have the worst eating habits. I wish they had the video somewhere on the net of Michelle's speech!

And for those brave enough to press play (I'm not)

[bBvideo 560,340:1a6a5u1g]

[/bBvideo]

I've heard worse, which isn't much of a compliment.

Jana has been sent off to Journey of the heart multiple times for discipline.

We know the 4 girls went once when Priscilla Keller was a leader of some sort. We know due to photos that Jana has been another time and it appeared to be more in a group leader role. We have heard references on the show to Jana being gone/away. We also know from the girls book that yes, Jana has been to/with Journey for the Heat multiple times, but as a group leader. In fact Jinger went along on a trip that did Journey in a women's prison in Florida due to the book, also as a grouop leader with Jana as a higher leader.

Going as a leader/counselor/etc is much different than the mythos of being sent off as a form of discipline. Actually to me it indicates how fundie she is.

That Jill would be jealous if a sibling (aka Jessa) had twins before she did. I haven't seen ANYTHING from Jill to support such a thought. I think she'd be rather happy for her sibling.

This one is super weird to me--the FJ fixation on twins in general is. Yes, Michelle had two sets of twins...out of a whole lot of pregnancies. It's not like she's that woman who had 3 sets of twins back to back and had tests definitively proving that she routinely hyperovulates. Why people think that twins for the kids is an inevitability, or that any of them think that much about it, is beyond me. Twins aren't actually THAT common among people not doing fertility treatments.

This one is super weird to me--the FJ fixation on twins in general is. Yes, Michelle had two sets of twins...out of a whole lot of pregnancies. It's not like she's that woman who had 3 sets of twins back to back and had tests definitively proving that she routinely hyperovulates. Why people think that twins for the kids is an inevitability, or that any of them think that much about it, is beyond me. Twins aren't actually THAT common among people not doing fertility treatments.

I think it's because fraternal twins run in families. I think Michelle having two sets of twins shows that it probably wasn't just a random fluke and that she has a genetic disposition to having twins (though, as you said, not an extreme one). With 9ish (?) daughters who could have possibly inherited that tendency and the possibility that many of those daughters will have more than the average number of pregnancies, it's far more likely that we will see twin Duggar grandchildren than it would be among the general population.

(Here's a random website that talks about the odds of twins. I just Googled it, so I have no idea how accurate these numbers are. :? http://www.twinparents.com/articles/twi ... ances.html)

We know the 4 girls went once when Priscilla Keller was a leader of some sort. We know due to photos that Jana has been another time and it appeared to be more in a group leader role. We have heard references on the show to Jana being gone/away. We also know from the girls book that yes, Jana has been to/with Journey for the Heat multiple times, but as a group leader. In fact Jinger went along on a trip that did Journey in a women's prison in Florida due to the book, also as a grouop leader with Jana as a higher leader.

Going as a leader/counselor/etc is much different than the mythos of being sent off as a form of discipline. Actually to me it indicates how fundie she is.

Sadly I agree with this - and extend it to the Boys at ALERT too to a certain extent.

The GP only controls the assets IN the limited partnership. That means they control the business or the properties. And, the income AS WELL AS income tax are distributed among the partners (unless they're under the age of 14, when the parents take on the child's taxes as part of their own). Any assets held that are non-business assets (such as large quantities of money, which TLC pay would be) are tax liabilities. Not to mention, the cases when LFP are not set up as businesses (which distributing the funds from TLC would not constitute as), they're set up as trusts. Obviously the Duggars put the houses and such under the trust, and they'll stay under the GP's control until his/her death, when the estate will be transferred to the children without being responsible for estate tax.

The assertion that the LFP would be set up to control the pay of all the children doesn't make financial sense. Especially if all the children would be responsible for paying income tax on their share of the assets, yet they were unable to access any income.

edited cause I "corrected a mistake" that wasn't actually a mistake... stupid dyslexia....

Forgive me, I'm an accountant and can't help myself. The FLP (which, do we even know there is one?) isn't organized as a trust. The revocable trust is just Jim Bob and Michelle's living trust and has nothing to do with any partnership. They are extremely common and exist principally to avoid probate upon death. "Revocable" is a legal term attributed to the trust because the document gives the grantor (Jim Bob) certain rights. This includes, like you said, selling the properties in the trust. It also includes amending the trust and other powers. The trust becomes irrevocable upon, likely, both of their deaths and contains administration and distribution provisions for the assets.

The trust does not avoid estate tax in any way, shape, or form. It does avoid probate, which is an additional expense, but the main motivation here is going to be privacy. Probate estates are matters of public record.

Myth 2:Also the kids set their own rules in courtship.

Oh I believe the kids set their own courtship rules. But I also believe that none of them would DARE make a rule that wasn't exactly what mom and dad want it to be.

In a way I think that Jana really does accept her Religion and doesn't have a problem with it. However she stays because she is looking after these kids that have never been loved or looked after by their own parents. It could be a guilt thing.

I don't think Jana is FORCED to be at home, not by her parents anyway. However I do think she is genuinely worried about her siblings and possibly a little scared of her parents.

In a way I think that Jana really does accept her Religion and doesn't have a problem with it. However she stays because she is looking after these kids that have never been loved or looked after by their own parents. It could be a guilt thing.

I don't think Jana is FORCED to be at home, not by her parents anyway. However I do think she is genuinely worried about her siblings and possibly a little scared of her parents.

It could also be that Jana bought too much into the "perfect man is out there" story and every flaw she notices in a guy means he's not perfect. I have a friend who was raised in a very fundie family and, despite "being a recovering fundie," still holds fast to the idea that a perfect relationship is one where both people are happy 100% of the time. I honestly cannot talk to her about my love life because if I so much as mention the smallest of all conflicts, it's suddenly an "abusive relationship" in her eyes.

She's married now (she had a meeting to marriage timeline that puts courtships to shame) and she and her husband "never fight." I highly suspect, though, it's because she rolls over and lets him have his way no matter what he says and no matter how wrong he is on a topic.

Jessa is not maternal and will be a bad mom.

She is 22 and she does not have any children yet, so we do not know if she is maternal or not. She is not her siblings's mother, she does not have to be maternal toward them, and i think she has a pretty good relationship with Jordyn anyway.

Jessa is not maternal and will be a bad mom.

She is 22 and she does not have any children yet, so we do not know if she is maternal or not. She is not her siblings's mother, she does not have to be maternal toward them, and i think she has a pretty good relationship with Jordyn anyway.

I completely agree with you. It drives me batty how everyone talks about how these girls shouldn't be fundie slaves, but then berates them for not being perfect fundie slaves.

Oh I believe the kids set their own courtship rules. But I also believe that none of them would DARE make a rule that wasn't exactly what mom and dad want it to be.

Yeah. I think what JB and Michelle mean by "they choose their own rules" means "they are allowed to make stricter decisions." Like Bin and Jessa reserving their first kiss for private--that was a bit more conservative than usual.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the most recent episode where they redid the girls' room. Did anyone else notice there were only 4 beds in the room now (2 full and 2 single)? The room does look nicer and there are no longer beds piled on each other, but I can't help but wonder where all the girls are sleeping. Even if 2 shared the full beds, that would be 6 spots for 7 girls. Do you think maybe the older ones live elsewhere for at least some of the time (i.e. Jana has moved in with Jill to help out)? Although the room looked much more grownup so maybe the little ones have been moved somewhere else?

Just watched the most recent episode where they redid the girls' room. Did anyone else notice there were only 4 beds in the room now (2 full and 2 single)? The room does look nicer and there are no longer beds piled on each other, but I can't help but wonder where all the girls are sleeping. Even if 2 shared the full beds, that would be 6 spots for 7 girls. Do you think maybe the older ones live elsewhere for at least some of the time (i.e. Jana has moved in with Jill to help out)? Although the room looked much more grownup so maybe the little ones have been moved somewhere else?

I don't have a serious answer for this, but part of me thinks that precious miracle Josie still sleeps in a playpen or something. Or maybe they just let the kids pass out on the couches whenever they feel tired. The Duggars are notorious for letting their kids stay up late so who knows if the little ones even have a typical bedtime routine.

I saw all 4 of the older girl's beds, which are all full sized beds. I remember cause I thought it was weird that Jessa's and Jill's beds still had their names on them after the makeover. I don't have cable, so I cant go back and rewatch, but if there are 2 singles in there on top of the 4 full beds, that's 6 beds for 7 people.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw all 4 of the older girl's beds, which are all full sized beds. I remember cause I thought it was weird that Jessa's and Jill's beds still had their names on them after the makeover. I don't have cable, so I cant go back and rewatch, but if there are 2 singles in there on top of the 4 full beds, that's 6 beds for 7 people.

I don't think they showed the full room. They just mostly showed the part of the room where the older girls sleep but there is more to that room that what was shown on TV. The room is essentially huge so I don't think we got the full bed count. I wonder if Jennifer will now inherit Jill's old bed now that Jill has moved into her marriage bed with Derick. And if Jennifer does get Jill's old bed will she refuse to paint over the name "Jill" painted on it? Jenny seems nostalgic for the old days when Jill was still her mother. I think Jenny would find comfort sleeping in bed with Jill's name on it, it would be precious to her just like the horsie that the sister-mom's decided to trash.

Archived