IGNORED

Anna Duggar - Merge

bunnybunz

Josh really got just as rushed into marriage as Anna, IMO - in fact, I would venture to say he was even less prepared than she was. As f*cked up as Josh was then (and is now), they both were naive, immature, inexperienced kids who should NOT have been encouraged to get married and start a family so young. Josh clearly had a lot of shit he needed to work through, and rather than push him to actually do that properly, his parents shoved him into marriage like it would magically fix that pesky tendency to molest people. Oh, our kid has repeatedly molested young girls in his own family? Surely the cure for that must be to marry him off so he's responsible for other children's lives as soon as possible! That'll fix him!

I think they just wanted him to be someone else's problem. If he hurt someone when he was an adult out of their home, it wouldn't be their fault anymore. It's no wonder they were so hardcore about "leave and cleave" with Josh but didn't seem to care about it for the other kids. They saw Josh as a liability, IMO. They can pretend they wanted to help him, but they didn't want to protect Josh any more than they wanted to protect the victims. They wanted to protect THEMSELVES and the Duggar family image.

I am not sure Anna necessarily felt that embarrassed to have the toilet birth filmed. Honestly, everything was blurred out - what difference does it really make when you're watching a woman in labor on a toilet, in a bathtub, or on a hospital bed? No matter where you are, you're squeezing a gigantic baby out of your vagina, and probably shitting yourself while you do it.

Oh my god, this made me laugh. Priceless. :lol: (Oh, and I agree with your whole post.)

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh really got just as rushed into marriage as Anna, IMO - in fact, I would venture to say he was even less prepared than she was. As f*cked up as Josh was then (and is now), they both were naive, immature, inexperienced kids who should NOT have been encouraged to get married and start a family so young. Josh clearly had a lot of shit he needed to work through, and rather than push him to actually do that properly, his parents shoved him into marriage like it would magically fix that pesky tendency to molest people. Oh, our kid has repeatedly molested young girls in his own family? Surely the cure for that must be to marry him off so he's responsible for other children's lives as soon as possible! That'll fix him!

I think they just wanted him to be someone else's problem. If he hurt someone when he was an adult out of their home, it wouldn't be their fault anymore. It's no wonder they were so hardcore about "leave and cleave" with Josh but didn't seem to care about it for the other kids. They saw Josh as a liability, IMO. They can pretend they wanted to help him, but they didn't want to protect Josh any more than they wanted to protect the victims. They wanted to protect THEMSELVES and the Duggar family image.

I am not sure Anna necessarily felt that embarrassed to have the toilet birth filmed. Honestly, everything was blurred out - what difference does it really make when you're watching a woman in labor on a toilet, in a bathtub, or on a hospital bed? No matter where you are, you're squeezing a gigantic baby out of your vagina, and probably shitting yourself while you do it.

You are right that Josh had a lot to work through, and he was just pushed into a marriage as if that would fix any issues. Doesn't work that way. I'm not saying by any means that he is still someone who molests others, but there's a lot of stuff that has to be worked on there.

I almost wish I believed in all this "judgment day" stuff because I'd love to see JB and Michelle face that.

You are right that Josh had a lot to work through, and he was just pushed into a marriage as if that would fix any issues. Doesn't work that way. I'm not saying by any means that he is still someone who molests others, but there's a lot of stuff that has to be worked on there.

I almost wish I believed in all this "judgment day" stuff because I'd love to see JB and Michelle face that.

I don't believe in it either, but wouldn't it be funny, if God wasn't cool with all the gay & transgender bashing. Michelle would probably screech that it was common sense.

I have never seen the big deal about the toilet birth. I wouldn't want to be filmed giving birth anywhere for tv, but if I was, who cares where you do it? I think on a toilet isn't too uncommon since the urge to push and the urge to shit kinda are similar (from what I've read, I had an emergency section so I've never pushed anything out of my vagina!).

Isn't she due in about 3 weeks or so? I think her due date was the first week of July. Being baby #4 she could have delivered by now or soon. I think the birth will not be announced , but maybe leaked out a few weeks after it happens by maybe a picture Jill posts of her baby with Anna's new baby. I don't see it being a Josh and Anna announcement.

Isn't she due in about 3 weeks or so? I think her due date was the first week of July. Being baby #4 she could have delivered by now or soon. I think the birth will not be announced , but maybe leaked out a few weeks after it happens by maybe a picture Jill posts of her baby with Anna's new baby. I don't see it being a Josh and Anna announcement.

It will be announced on the Duggar Family Blog at a minimum and picked up by news outlets from there.

Even Smuggar himself is back on Instagram.

They're going to cling to every last vestige of fame they possibly can.

Oh it will be announced! It's the reason for their fame--babies. It'll be on the cover of People in all likelihood with Anna singing Josh's praises as a Dad.

Oh it will be announced! It's the reason for their fame--babies. It'll be on the cover of People in all likelihood with Anna singing Josh's praises as a Dad.

:ew: :ew: :ew:

I'm firm in my belief that Anna's dad gave her to Josh for money and fame more than anything else.

Anyone else think Anna's dad is REALLY creepy? Like, almost more creepy than JB?

Anyway, Anna's gonna totally lose it soon. She's gonna realize that there's actually no invisible BFF on the other side of her prayer hotline one day and have a break down.

IMHO, we are witnessing exactly that.

I'm firm in my belief that Anna's dad gave her to Josh for money and fame more than anything else.

Anyone else think Anna's dad is REALLY creepy? Like, almost more creepy than JB?

Anyway, Anna's gonna totally lose it soon. She's gonna realize that there's actually no invisible BFF on the other side of her prayer hotline one day and have a break down.

Well yeah. The question is, does she do a J'chelle, or does she try to make a run for it.

When this question has come up before, I have always said that I found Anna's dad no more creepy than your average not-so-bright patriarchal fundamentalist. I have to reconsider, though, given the evidence. Look at the demeanor of his wife; she seems completely defeated. What is happening to that woman on a daily basis? Look at the choices he made for his daughters' spouses. Each one is worse than the last. It's surreal how bad those choices have been. Is this just the result of low intelligence and gullibility when faced with the big stars of the IBLP world, or is it more sinister? I have no idea. At any rate, I want to scoop Anna up and take her home with me. That poor girls has never had a chance. I'd take Priscilla, too. I think Esther may be too far gone to save.

Well yeah. The question is, does she do a J'chelle, or does she try to make a run for it.

Anna will blow when she actually realizes that Michelle didn't really raise all of her blessings, that she didn't do all the cooking, cleaning, educating, shopping, bathing, etc... for them... but Anna herself has little to no help. (Josh certainly isn't.)

I'm not sure Anna knows Michelle didn't do that on her own, isn't Supermom, or even someone to emulate.

Anna has stated that she knew about Josh's past before they married. If we hypothesize that's she's being forthright and truthful, then we should expect that their marriage will have strengthened as they face this mess together.

However, if she was unaware of the severity of his actions then I can't imagine how she must be struggling.

Unpopular opinion: I truly hope, for the sake of their family, that it's the former.

:ew: :ew: :ew:

I second those ew's.

Headline

Anna Duggar gives birth to daughter amidst controversy surrounding her husband

Headline

Anna Duggar gives birth to daughter amidst controversy surrounding her husband

Exactly. Especially as it's a girl.

No publicity is going to be good publicity from here on.

Exactly. Especially as it's a girl.

No publicity is going to be good publicity from here on.

In our eyes but not in theirs :roll:

In our eyes but not in theirs :roll:

Well, I guess that's what happens when you're in an isolationist cult. You become so out of touch that you don't realize when to shut up and stop digging yourself into a hole.

I'm honestly really worried for this baby. Poor girl has no idea what she's about to be born into. I at least hope her siblings will be part of the generation that leaves and that she can go with them.

Well, I guess that's what happens when you're in an isolationist cult. You become so out of touch that you don't realize when to shut up and stop digging yourself into a hole.

I'm honestly really worried for this baby. Poor girl has no idea what she's about to be born into. I at least hope her siblings will be part of the generation that leaves and that she can go with them.

If not M4's siblings, then at least her cousins or aunts/uncles of a similar age. Someone is bound to leave the cult. If they are able to keep in touch with their Gothardite relatives is another story.

Remember that they use fear and ignorance of the outside world to control. I like to think that I would have been packing my bags the day before my 18th birthday had I been born a Duggar. But who knows what lies I would believe and what independence would have been beaten out of me had that been the case.

Does Anna explain to her daughter why they aren't going on the Today Show with this baby like they have for all the others?

Does Anna explain to her daughter why they aren't going on the Today Show with this baby like they have for all the others?

HAHA that would be one very precocious 5.5 year old to to notice or ask why they aren't going to talk to Hoda and Kathy Lee. I think Anna is safe on having to have that particular talk w lil' Kynzie.

Anna may not want to discuss it, but due to recent events this is going to be a very different birth from her other children. Not just the birth itself not being filmed (assuming TLC still wants the Duggars but not Josh, Anna's birth won't be filmed) haven't Anna and Josh gone on the Today Show for every boy/girl reveal and new baby? M4 is going to be the first of Anna's newborns not be invited to do morning television, that's got to bug Anna and especially Josh, on some level. Hopefully Anna will find this birth the easiest, she'll find it better without media attention?

Archived