IGNORED

Camp Patton -- mom blog with 5 kids under 5

TrueRebel1

Anybody familiar with the Camp Patton blog? I'm not sure that she's a classic "fundie". But she appears to be a Catholic wife who supposedly practices NFP and is pregnant with her 5th child, which will make 5 children under the age of 5. Her style of blogging is engaging and fun. Yet my impression is that she fits in with the "baby hoarders". What do you think?

camppatton.com

Edited to break link

she sounds very interesting. i actually like her blogging style so far. i haven't read more than a few posts, but she doesn't seem to have that stuck up kind of air to her that the fundies we follow tend to have.

i shall have to investigate further. ready the ferrets!

I like her blog a lot. She can be too self-effacing at times, but she comes across as a genuine and loving mother. They are practicing Catholics, but I wouldn't call them fundies at all. They listen to secular music, the older children go to a local (non-religious, iirc) daycare, she watches trash tv, and she's not going to win any "housewife of the year" awards. Though attending Mass features in the course of her weekend updates sometimes, she's not preachy about her faith at all.

The post she made about NFP a few years ago is interesting, and basically says that she and Simon have never used it to avoid a pregnancy. I would imagine that at some point, the baby train may slow down, but they seem content and the kids are well-provided for. The only complaint I have of her blog is the same gripe I have with a lot of non-religious mommy bloggers: pimping the kids for free shit. She's nowhere near as bad as some bloggers, but she went through a phase last year where she did A LOT of sponsored posts.

Camp Patton is alright by me.

Archived