IGNORED

In Which Someone Rides Robert's Coattails

lawfulevil

Maybe she can fill the hole in my snark that Robert left when he went private. :cry:

Does it make me a bad person that I interpreted that rudely? ;)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not surprisingly, the post from Sheila that she hated was one that I loved:

tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2015/01/should-i-give-up-on-my-ex/

In fact, I'd print it out and give it out to some of my clients if it's wasn't as explicitly religious.

I deal with people like this all the time - both men and women. They can't cope with the fact that the marriage is over and the other spouse clearly wants it to end, so they refuse to deal with reality. Mourning the loss of a relationship is normal, and some anger and hurt are normal too. Getting stuck where you honestly believe every day that your spouse is coming back, and feel like you are being kicked in the face again every day when this doesn't happen, is not a good place to be for anyone. Depression and desperation are not remotely attractive to the estranged spouse, and they certainly don't help the kids either. If all of your energy is sucked into wanting something that just isn't going to happen, the rest of your life suffers. I've had a number of cases where someone slips into depression, and may even become suicidal, because of this. Where every meeting seems to end up with fresh crying, as they ask over and over whether there is any hope for reconciliation and seem to be wounded again each time the answer is no.

I like that idea of having faith, regardless of whatever happens in life. It seems healthier and most stable than concluding that if you would only do X or pray harder, Y would happen. Life doesn't work like that. Shit happens that you can't control (and I think that Sheila's experience losing her infant son had something to do with her views).

I also agree with pretty much everything that she wrote today about divorce: tolovehonorandvacuum.com/

I've dealt with enough messy cases to know that it isn't something that I'd ever casually recommend. There are huge financial implications, and huge impacts on everyone in the family. I don't, however, think that valuing marriage is just about not filing for divorce. It's about putting some actual work into maintaining a healthy marriage, treating your spouse well and taking serious steps to deal with any problems. I'd also agree that there's a difference between unhappy and abusive, and that there's no virtue in staying in an abusive relationship. I suspect that Sheila's seen a bigger slice of the world than Lori has, and that Keith (as a pediatrician) has seen more of the effects of abuse on children than Ken has. Kids deserve to have not just parents who are still tied together by a piece of paper, but a home that is reasonably safe and that doesn't feel like a war zone.

Does it make me a bad person that I interpreted that rudely? ;)

:lol:

Not at all!

[dir=rtl][/dir]

Happened to me this morning. Fortunately, her post history isn't too extensive or I would've required ferret assistance.

My poor sister is in the hospital and sound asleep. I am leaving in 35 minutes to go home and take care other things. Debating on wether or not to jump in or pursue other time wasters.

[dir=rtl][/dir]

My poor sister is in the hospital and sound asleep. I am leaving in 35 minutes to go home and take care other things. Debating on wether or not to jump in or pursue other time wasters.

If you're looking primarily for CM comments, about 35 minutes is all it would take.

If you're going to read the majority of her post history and associated comments, more time is necessary.

I'm sorry about your sister.

Comment by Pat on post entitled 'Santa Claus Isn’t Going To Steal Your Kids’ Soul':

Women have no right to decide ANYTHING in a marriage. Santa Claus, Christmas decorations, number of presents, dinner menu, car purchases, movies to be viewed–it is all up to the husband. What a shame no one realizes this anymore.

Wow, self-loathing much?!? I am assuming that Pat is a woman because of another comment she left in the same comment section. So a 'godly' wife makes sure to get her husband's approval for each Christmas tree ornament before it is put on the tree?!

Comment by Pat on post entitled 'Santa Claus Isn’t Going To Steal Your Kids’ Soul':

Wow, self-loathing much?!? I am assuming that Pat is a woman because of another comment she left in the same comment section. So a 'godly' wife makes sure to get her husband's approval for each Christmas tree ornament before it is put on the tree?!

In my evangelical days, I thought I was supposed to get my husband's opinion on every detail of life. It took SO many fights before I realized - he just doesn't care if I wear a blue shirt or a pink shirt and he doesn't care if I buy X coffee over Y coffee and he certainly doesn't care which Christmas decorations I put up. He just wants me to make a decision like a grown ass adult.

If you're looking primarily for CM comments, about 35 minutes is all it would take.

If you're going to read the majority of her post history and associated comments, more time is necessary.

I'm sorry about your sister.

And me, Grimalkin! Hope she's better soon.

younggodlywomen.wordpress.com/2015/01/01/doing-more-than-your-husband-asks/

Robert makes an extended appearance in the comments here.

"Woman was created from man, man was created from God. So…..if there were ever an argument to present as to which gender stands on the moral high ground, it would certainly be the gender that is one notch closer on the ‘God’s image’ scale."

Lovely. I guess that is why there are more women in prison than men.

Robert proves his stupidness. In his scenario you record yourself telling your wife you are removing the kids until she cleans the house. It would not be kidnapping like another poster suggested becuase it is unsafe, and you have documentation. So how filthy does a house have to be in order for that to be justified? I hope some idiot man try's that, and gets arrested for kidnapping. What is the man supposed to do with the kids while he works? He just cannot think things through.

Just so you know my phone is putting random apostrophes in my response. It's not me.

younggodlywomen.wordpress.com/2014/11/19/breaking-news-emotional-fantasies-are-not-reality/

From Robert in the comments:

Then you make it perfectly clear that dinner will be on the table at 6pm and you come home to find her watching TV or playing on the internet you simply turn right around and head to the local pub/bowling alley/gym whatever place and say, †I see you are not ready for me to be home. Call me when you are.†And the last thing you do is cook. You learn to live of 7/11 hotdogs before you start cooking. You love someone through bad behavior, but you do not reward it.

I guess cooking is the absolute worst thing you can do. It's far better to call your wife's food crap. Or crash a forklift.

younggodlywomen.wordpress.com/2014/11/19/breaking-news-emotional-fantasies-are-not-reality/

I guess cooking is the absolute worst thing you can do. It's far better to call your wife's food crap. Or crash a forklift.

that is quite possibly the most childish way to go about it. If it's really that important to him that his wife have dinner ready when he gets home (which I don't understand because I like some decompressing time between work and supper) he should just say "H o new it would really mean a lot to me if supper was ready when I got home x number of nights of the week. If you're having a hard day and can't just text me and I'll pick something up on the way home."

"I see you're not ready for me to come home. Call me when you are."

What kind of woman does that work on? If Boobert tried that shit with me, he'd be waiting a helluva long time for that phone call. Like, forever. And he still wouldn't get a home cooked meal. Games don't work with me.

If these men acres like grown ass adults instead of petulant children maybe their wives wouldn't be in rebellion"

BINGO

"I see you're not ready for me to come home. Call me when you are."

What kind of woman does that work on? If Boobert tried that shit with me, he'd be waiting a helluva long time for that phone call. Like, forever. And he still wouldn't get a home cooked meal. Games don't work with me.

I would watch tv every day if that were the case. I like how on her "Marital Rape' post there are comments about preparing yourself for facist feminist comments then ....... Nothing. How disappointed they all must of been. Lol.

younggodlywomen.wordpress.com/2015/01/01/doing-more-than-your-husband-asks/

Robert makes an extended appearance in the comments here.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall ...

CPS: "Okay, why is it you kidnapped the kids again?"

Husband: "I did NOT kidnap them! Didn't you watch my video?"

CPS: "Well, yes, but ..."

Husband: "See? I TOLD her I'd bring the kids back when she cleaned the house."

CPS: "Sir, you were living with her and the children in the house, correct?"

Husband: "YES! See why it was a problem?"

CPS: "Did you try to clean it yourself?"

Husband: "Penis = no cleaning."

CPS: *facepalm*

All these men are in a state of extended adolescence - always sex on the brain and wanting a mother-figure to cook for them and clean up after them. I would say they should just live at home with their moms forever but I wouldn't wish that on even the worst mother...

[anchor= goto=][/anchor]

All these men are in a state of extended adolescence - always sex on the brain and wanting a mother-figure to cook for them and clean up after them. I would say they should just live at home with their moms forever but I wouldn't wish that on even the worst mother...

Seems like there are plenty of woman willing to accomadate.

[anchor= goto=][/anchor]

Seems like there are plenty of woman willing to accomadate.

Which is why it seems so weird to me that they spend so much time castigating other women. LOri's BLog boils down to 1) bitching about Ken, 2) Talking about how Holy Lori is and 3) badmouthing women and men who have marriages different from hers, no matter how happy those other marriages might be.

Boobert's was the same, except he badmouthed Amanda instead, but it still boiled down

And, they tend to not only be insulting to others who have happy but different marriages, they ban them immediately, because they don't want to hear about other people's happiness or success of ideas.

It is just so strange. Because if Amanda or Lori and Ken or Robert were happy enough, they'd not write such nasty stuff about one another, would they? And if they were happy, why would they feel the need to insult everyone who disagrees with them?

I don't care if people are in a "have kids, dinner at 6, gender specific task marriage" if that is what both of them like and both are happy with it. So I don't understand why they care that my husband and I are happy with our marriage and how it is set up.

I can't/couldn't read their blogs regularly because they are so negative that they bring my day down.... imagine how unhappy they must be to emit so much negative energy and hatred on an ongoing basis.

I don't care if people are in a "have kids, dinner at 6, gender specific task marriage" if that is what both of them like and both are happy with it. So I don't understand why they care that my husband and I are happy with our marriage and how it is set up.

Because the wife hates it and it's terrible and if they didn't insist this was the Godly right way for everyone, they might have to confront their own marital issues. Which might lead to the dreaded d-word. Can't have that. I'm amused by how much trust they put in a piece of paper from the Ebil Gubment- divorce is about that piece of paper, it's not about any of the other signs that a marriage is over, like...

-Taking the kids and moving out

-Leading separate lives (7/11 hot dogs?)

-One or the other isn't putting forth any effort at all

-Poor/no communication

-A complete lack of respect and attempts at compromising (submission doctrine in general)

-Having basically nothing in common anymore (except maybe the kids and a hateful god)

-Sex (if any) is perfunctory and about only one party (10 minutes with lube!)

So let me get this straight. You can commit adultery just by looking at a cute stranger's butt for a little too long (Matt 5:28, often fundie-quoted), but none of these things count as getting a divorce in your heart?

My X tried that shit...another reason he's an X. Fuck these jerks.

These assholes make me eternally grateful that I am married to a man like my husband. We're genuinely happy, which I am sure is foreign to these folks.

I would call them perpetual children, but that'd be an insult to children (most of whom probably have it more together than these "command men")

I love Robert's imaginary scenarios. I can't get enough of them. I hope he keeps posting them. I don't want to troll the blog, mainly because she seems like she would really like it if someone did. I just want Robert to coach more men on how to discipline thier wives. It's comedy gold.

Archived