IGNORED

In Which Someone Rides Robert's Coattails

lawfulevil

Wow, this lady is an angry one.

"Feminism is spitting on the Bible by mocking its’ words and behaving as if our duties are sub-par or even worse, embarrassing."

I think, that men like Robert thinks a woman's duties are sub par, not feminists.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my world, scrubbing the toilets is sub-par to everything else. That's why my husband can take his turns doing it too. In fact, he does the bathrooms far more often than I do because it doesn't bother him as much as it does me. And I do all the laundry because he sucks at it (forgets clothes in the drier for days, forgets to change the water temperature to the appropriate setting) and I don't mind it a bit. Somehow it's not a battle. I know it should be, and we'll burn for it in the afterlife.

I need screencaps. Boobert banhammered me by IP for saying that he doesn't know what I want as a woman.

So your banned from godly wife too? She may be crazier than Lori. She seems quite young. I am pretty shelterd but I am starting to wonder in the comment section weather there is more going on than meets the eye. It's almost like some of these guys are turned on.

Here is an interesting example.

"Then, there’s the women who use sex as a device to get what they want. If their husband {dog} has been naughty, then he must keep it ten feet away or more tonight and for the next 3 nights, but when he really works for it, then she will string him along every few days or so. It’s always her decision. It’s always based on her emotional whim. She is either happy with him and feels guilty for holding out, or she is mad at him and is determined to hold out.'

We have poor sex deprived Earl lapping it up like the dog he is.

elovesc34 on November 25, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Great post, YGM. I wish someone had been saying/writing these kind of things 34 years ago, might of saved my bride and me a lot of heartache. Now, until her heart changes, it will be a lot of hard work (probably be a lot of hard work even if it does change).

I hope many young( even not so young) Christian women will heed your Biblically based words.

Found your blog from a link at “A Man, His Wife, and the Bibleâ€ï‘¶

At this point my mom would call her a " Blithering Idiot"

"So back to the original insult. I would think a normal person would categorize a happy, joyful, wife and stay at home mother as anything but rabid to the point of lunacy. A topless, screaming, angry feminist? Now, that I could see."

Well shit, maybe I'm the blithering idiot since I can't make heads nor tails of this paragraph.

"I am willing to wager that all of the technological conveniences that our male counterparts have invented would still be very much in use by women today had the women’s lib movement not taken place and reduced a woman’s worth down to her genitalia and a career in the workforce."

Then there is this lovely gem.

But ladies, even if we are one or two rungs above our husbands on the spiritual ladder (which is most likely not the case anyway, women just assume a silent man is a thoughtless man), we are likening ourselves to one rapist who is trying to tell another rapist that he is better because he hasn’t raped multiple victims, he has only raped once. We are still light years away from actually deserving the amount of entitlement that we expect in our lives. We think that we deserve the best of the best when in fact we deserve nothing at all!"

Now I can assure you that I have NEVER likend myself to a rapist of any sort.

And are you counting your husband and Robert among the rapists who are not as bad as other rapists because they only rape thier wives.

What the hell is she rambling about now?

"If you do not come to terms with your desire to rebel against your dad or husband, then you cannot drink. It will ruin you and chances are way too high that you will not be able to redeem yourself. Your reputation is important. {Mine is long gone.*} You can drink later after you have full confidence in your love and commitment to your hubby."

I'm getting that the general self help solution of the fundie's is this.

Your problems aren't the problem. Your self worth is the problem. Set your expectations for standard of living and basic human rights at zero. Once you realize what a worthless P.O.S you really are, be thankful for your meager moments of hapiness.

Do these words remind you of anybody else?

Young Godly Women:

I do not dwell on exceptions but that does not mean that exceptions do not exist.

And this from Bernadette:

Also, saying you “don’t deal with exceptions†is just a way to avoid the hard questions. Women write to you because they need answers to those hard questions. How unkind to dismiss them like that!

And YGW again:

In regards to your next statement, I do not avoid tough topics. Probably 80% or my posts are tackling tough topics. However, women in exceptionally devastating circumstances need individual counsel, which I am pleased to provide via email.

Move over Lori! There's a new mentor in town!

Do these words remind you of anybody else?

Young Godly Women:

And this from Bernadette:

And YGW again:

Move over Lori! There's a new mentor in town!

Now keep in mind she was pregnant when she married her dog (her words not mine) and her oldest is four.i believe she was 22 so let's say she is 27 years old. What a wise girl she is!

I am sorry since I can't seem to stop. On my phone can't post the link. She has a post under divorce. Called "Death of a Marriage, Death of a Life" in which her husband's cousin commits suicide and it's his ex wife's fault because she divorced him.

Married her dog? Wut?

I was joking about her post where feminists treat thier husbands like dogs. I qothed her post further up thread about women controlling sex post.

Married her dog? Wut?

Now we're talkin'! :lol:

I have to say that I am happily married and very happy I'm atheist. To live that way seems so horrible for many fundies and the people they bring down with them.

My sister is in a submissive marriage although not as bad as these fundies by a long shot. But, she has to do what her husband says, can't have Thanksgiving because he does not like turkey and he has a temper and is kind of mean to the rest of the family. She has to have sex when he says. When our father was very ill and during his funeral he demanded sex (well not actually during the funeral-that would be weird). And because she's a Godly wife, she has to, because Jesus or something. She was tired and grieving, but still had to. She discussed it with me. What do you say to that? I know what I wanted to, but we were in funeral parlor. Calling him an asshole and punching him would have probably upset mom, so held off. My sister can really be holier than thou and that really angers me, but I love her so much and wished her life was not like this.

Again, I say I'm glad I'm married to a good, loving man that believes that women are equal. And I'm even happier that I'm an atheist. Thanks for listening to rant. Thank you freejinger for being here. It helps a lot even if I don't post much.

To be so young she's very angry.

I read she was engaged to a guy she seemed to really love before him, and cheated on him weeks before the wedding. Invitations sent and everything. I wonder how much she misses her first love. She also was pregnant before she married her husband, so I wonder how hasty her marriage was. She seems miserable.

I would be angry too if I was stuck living a miserable lifestyle thinking I didn't deserve even a little bit of happiness.

I'm getting that the general self help solution of the fundie's is this.

Your problems aren't the problem. Your self worth is the problem. Set your expectations for standard of living and basic human rights at zero. Once you realize what a worthless P.O.S you really are, be thankful for your meager moments of hapiness.

That's certainly seems to be the message given to women -- depending on the flavor of fundie, it seems to me that men sometimes get that message (or at least claim they have, and give it lip service), or get the opposite message, that they are the king of all.

I think a lot of them get the "you are the king" idea from inside their own heads.

I'm a bit submissive in nature - a lot of times, I'll defer to what my husband wants for dinner or what movie he wants to watch, because it's not that important to me and not worth arguing over. But I speak up when it matters to me, and he listens. What these forced-submissive types can't seem to wrap their heads around is that when a wife really and truly loves and respects her husband, she wants to do things for him and make him happy - but it goes both ways. This morning my husband woke up to coffee, home fries, and bacon made, with his choice of omelet ready to get started. Because I knew it would make him happy. Last night my back hurt and he offered to rub it for me, with no expectation of anything in return. When I'm busy taking care of my daughter, he pitches in and does the dishes or sweeps. And vice versa. They're little acts of love, but they're mutual and they're not forced or expected...and my marriage is very, very happy.

Well, she's not a well or stable person, and her husband sounds... questionable too. Having 3 young children so fast, after getting pregnant so quickly into a relationship, is troubling.

A few weeks after breaking up with my downstairs neighbor, a man walked into my brother’s bar. It was my old middle school crush. He had found out where I worked through Facebook and came to see me... He would tip me outrageously for a tab with two drafts, he would bring me roses by the dozen and would say all the right things to me. He already loved me before we even started dating.

Hunting down someone you knew in middle school on Facebook and showing up at their work isn't normal. Telling someone you're not actually dating that you love them and bombarding them with money and flowers is bizarre, not sweet. Especially since her own descriptions of her behavior around that time don't depict someone who was very loveable. She says in her 'Testimony' (October 2014) that she's 26, and describes her behavior at age 21:

I was scheduled to get married on March 27’th and on February 3’rd, seven weeks before my wedding, I got drunk and went home with the bartender that I had developed a crush on. Our invitations had been sent out, I had celebrated my upcoming nuptials during 3 different bridal showers, dresses bought, tuxedo rented, church and reception venues were booked and I still chose to willfully cheat on my fiance with a random alpha bartender.

She doesn't seem to understand, at any point in her blog, that other young women aren't secretly exactly like her but hiding it better. Well-adjusted people don't DO things like that.

Now keep in mind she was pregnant when she married her dog (her words not mine) and her oldest is four.i believe she was 22 so let's say she is 27 years old. What a wise girl she is!

She's 26 years old.

https://younggodlywomen.wordpress.com/testimony/

She says her dad pulled her out of school halfway through 9th grade although she later went back only to drop out again on her 3rd repeat of that year.

It seems that she was badly affected by her parents' divorce and went from one extreme of behaviour to the other.

Well, she's not a well or stable person, and her husband sounds... questionable too. Having 3 young children so fast, after getting pregnant so quickly into a relationship, is troubling.

Hunting down someone you knew in middle school on Facebook and showing up at their work isn't normal. Telling someone you're not actually dating that you love them and bombarding them with money and flowers is bizarre, not sweet. Especially since her own descriptions of her behavior around that time don't depict someone who was very loveable. She says in her 'Testimony' (October 2014) that she's 26, and describes her behavior at age 21:

She doesn't seem to understand, at any point in her blog, that other young women aren't secretly exactly like her but hiding it better. Well-adjusted people don't DO things like that.

Well, it's even creepier than that because when she met him she was in Jr.high and he was in Highschool.

so this 26 year old woman who has been married less than 5 years, highschool dropout, bartender, is now speaking with great authority on how to be a wife. I don't think any of those things make you a bad person. I just do t think the combination makes you qualified in any capacity. When she attacked Shelia, she used the phrase "Shelia is a self-proclaimed marriage expert." Or something like that. I want to know who proclaims this dim wit as an expert.

Setting the world on fire Crystal! You have nothing to offer, you have accomplished nothing in your life, and think you have something meaningful to offer others. Do something great and worthy. At least have a few more years under your belt in marriage. I don't think a person has to be educated to be smart, and of value, but I don't see you making any attempt at overcoming your weaknesses, or interest in any kind of self improvement. Your answer is put the responsibility on your husband so you don't have to do anything hard.

I don't even know if you have any mentor, or where you get your ideas.

Archived