IGNORED

Robert wrangles a bull: the true story

Firiel

I don't expect Robert to hang around and answer question but I do have something that struck me while reading his most recent post.

As he goes on and on about how men are not given authority to lead their homes, it just struck me: from WHOM is he seeking that authority? If he believes he is leading his home in a biblical way, then he should settle in and let the example of his marriage speak for itself. From whom is he looking for this authority besides God?? When he says the church has stripped men of their authority in their homes, he surely must mean his own church too, or why would he be so angry about this issue? If that's the case, he clearly is not a good spiritual leader or he would not attend a church that he believes emasculates men.

Finally, I don't want to ask him to explain his 80% rule, because he is WRONG WRONG WRONG in his interpretation of I Corinthians 7. NOWHERE does that verse say, imply, translate, hint, or allow for "deprive her part of the time to build up longing." If he's going to claim that it does, he's opening up the door for women to say they must submit to their husbands "unless..."

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spiteful Rob full of hate,

Had a wife he did berate.

Her spirit was broken,

He befriended ole Lorken.

What a sad fate.

I don't expect Robert to hang around and answer question but I do have something that struck me while reading his most recent post.

As he goes on and on about how men are not given authority to lead their homes, it just struck me: from WHOM is he seeking that authority? If he believes he is leading his home in a biblical way, then he should settle in and let the example of his marriage speak for itself. From whom is he looking for this authority besides God?? When he says the church has stripped men of their authority in their homes, he surely must mean his own church too, or why would he be so angry about this issue? If that's the case, he clearly is not a good spiritual leader or he would not attend a church that he believes emasculates men.

Finally, I don't want to ask him to explain his 80% rule, because he is WRONG WRONG WRONG in his interpretation of I Corinthians 7. NOWHERE does that verse say, imply, translate, hint, or allow for "deprive her part of the time to build up longing." If he's going to claim that it does, he's opening up the door for women to say they must submit to their husbands "unless..."

I don't know why he bothers since she has to pretend to want it anyway.

That is not the story of me wrestling a bull that is the story of my bull fighting another bull. But that is how accurate you guys are.

And let me get this straight. You find a post my wife wrote back before her heart change when our marriage was hard and in the most damning thing she wrote she managed to call me a good man. Smoking gun you got there.

My wife and my kids are not only safe, but happy. You send anyone you want out to verify. I'm not hiding from you and your absolutely crazy accusations, I'm just tired of you wasting my time and getting my wife mad.

Have a nice life. What kind of nut jobs dig thru 42,000 posts that are years old when we fully admit our marriage sucked?

So glad you took the time to clarify your bull story!

How are we wasting your time. You don't have to read here or respond. You can ignore our posts on your blog and not react at all. Or don't blog, but we are not wasting your time. I am sorry your wife is mad she should be. She gave up a lot for you. Freedom of speech is not freedom of consequences.

Doesn't putting your blog on private qualify as 'hiding from us'? :confusion-shrug:

I find it interesting after months of snarking on him, the thread that brings back to FJ is the one where someone finds evidence questioning his manliness. No, doesn't come back for all the threads where we talk about how he mistreats his wife. Nope, it is the one around his bull 'restin' abilities which turned to out to be more like this :animals-chickencatch:

Could one of the helpmeets step in and change Cabinet Man's post count to "Made My Blog Private"? I don't know what number of posts one has to have, but this would be so very hilarious to me.

He was here! Robert was back, and I missed it. :(

Stick around, Robert. I want to know why Amanda didn't have cabinets for three years.

For those of you who haven't looked at Amanda's posts on the scrapbooking forum, most of them are incredibly respectful of Robert. She brags on his cabinet work, mentions random stories (some funny/embarassing, but in good fun). There are just a few when she lets it out that she is struggling and unhappy. She sounds very good-natured. She hardly sounds like a "rebellious wife."

I don't know why he bothers since she has to pretend to want it anyway.

Seems like a good deal for her. She only has to fake it eight out of 10 times. The other two times she can watch TV, file her nails, mentally finish her shopping list or just totally check out. It's probably a huge relief for her.

Lastly, if you don't want to respond to a correction by a total stranger why the heck do you blog- because that is what every single reader is to you. Why would you ask something of them that you will not do yourself?

You said this to a different blogger a few months ago (a woman, of course), Booby. You then claimed you own your shit, which is baloney, but this sentence right here? That's a pretty good question. So take a stab at answering it. Why the hell do you blog if you don't want to hear dissenting opinions? If you want to rant about Jesus and ladysinz in an echo chamber, well, you can always yell in the shower instead of singing off-key.

Do you really think it's manly to strut around the Internet like a bantam rooster, crowing about how great you are and then scuttling back into the coop at the first sign of a mirror? Because that's all we've been to you, Bob, a mirror, quoting the dumb shit you say back to you and pointing out the holes in your logic. You don't like what you see in your bathroom mirror either, I bet. When you're alone and it's a cold morning and everything's a little bit saggy and a little bit... shriveled... and a lot bit pudgy. When you have to admit that you're not Hercules, you're not Adonis, you're not the Rock (mmm, the Rock), you're not even 80's Burt Reynolds, you're an overweight middle-aged dad.

Have some COURAGE. Real courage, not "making stupid decisions to be macho" like you're so prone to doing. You crow about that being real courage is because you happen to be good at charging around on on a surge of testosterone and adrenaline. What you can't do, so you deride it as feminine, is make hard choices and stick to them. You don't sit down, rationally look at a problem, decide on the best solution, and then carry it out even though it scares the shit out of you. Which is why you didn't (and will never) move to Alaska, why you don't stand up to your family, and why you can't even honestly and publicly face your own commenters. It's REALLY sad that you're obsessed with being a peak specimen of manhood but you can't even eat vegetables Amanda didn't disguise as something else.

You know what makes a guy look pretty stupid? Bragging about bull wrestlin' when he can't take a couple ounces of zucchini.

Apparently the feminists found him again, so he's going to have to head to Siberia this time. :evil-eye:

Hope he kept the number to the real estate agent that sold his house in record time. Maybe he kept the information in his file cabinet. :lol:

He's back and he thinks I read 42000 posts! Wooo, naw honey, that forum has a Search function.

97% of fundie bloggers have no clue how the internet works.

99% of File Cabinet's brain is non-functional.

Booby's still running his mouth on that marital rape thread. Keep digging that hole, Bob. He's inviting random strangers to meet up with AMANDA now.

As far as if my wife wanted divorce, because she said it often. I told her I did not want that to be what would happen, but that I would not stop her. In fact, she didn’t want the kids or anything and I insisted on splitting custody, getting her a house and setting her up financially so she would not be upon hard times.

Funny, that is not the spin I remember on that conversation. Some of the details are the same, but the tone? Not at all. And I seem to remember Bob saying she wouldn't GET the kids, not that she didn't want them.

ETA: Booby reminds me of a great line from "The Social Network":

But you're going to go through life thinking that girls people don't like you because you're a nerd Christian. And I want you to know, from the bottom of my heart, that that won't be true. It'll be because you're an asshole.

That spiritual sounding board post was great. Nice to know that Robert's anger spews equally in all directions. Of course according to him AMANDA is the angry one right now. I believe it. She's probably angry because she's so terrified of him. Can you imagine his reaction to reading those scrapbook posts?? I would die if my husband found out I wrote something like that about him, and he's not mean and controlling like Boobert is.

Oh, and Robert? When you mention "FJ" constantly it makes people curious about what we are saying. Then they come here and read more about you. Then they might discuss you more and more on other sites. Be careful, or your internet fame will eventually hit you in the real world. I'm sure you were hoping one of your "good " lists would go viral and you'd be the next MRA hero, but you could well go vial in a way you hate. Google "Romeo Rose". ;)

She's probably angry because she's so terrified of him.

Yap; btw, how old was Amanda when marrying Robert? Because on that Scrapbook page she wrote about panic attacks she had when she was 27.

That is not the story of me wrestling a bull that is the story of my bull fighting another bull. But that is how accurate you guys are.

So what you're likely saying is that in a controlled environment, with backup to help in case the bull decided to gore you, you managed to subdue an animal that probably had a tight harness wrapped around its balls. But when you had to deal with a bull unfettered and unhandicapped, you got your ass kicked, Hercules.

And there's nothing wrong with that - bulls are big and potentially dangerous. No matter how big or powerful the man, a bull is going to win in a fair fight. I cannot understand why this would upset you.

You find a post my wife wrote back before her heart change when our marriage was hard and in the most damning thing she wrote she managed to call me a good man. Smoking gun you got there.

Before her "heart change," she described you as a rage addicted scatter brain who left her no room for human mistakes. I can't imagine why her changing would in any way affect your less than impressive characteristics.

I thought you were her beloved servant leader, and yet she didn't follow you out of trust but rather because she was tired of fighting.

Is that really what you want, "servant leader?" A wife who will not be honest with you. This is your closest companion, the mother of your children, and one flesh besides - but, as the posts we've reproduced of her demonstrate, you basically sucked her soul away so you could have a pliant play thing.

Your nasty temper - assuming her words are true; and yes, I do believe them - appears at the slightest provocation. That is not normal - and if anyone ends up destroying your own family, it will be you. It won't be FJ or some government agency. You, like the foolish woman, will tear down your own house.

Have you done a damned thing to make your wife's life easier? Have you gone to anger management classes? My guess would be "no."

And I find it funny that of all the accusations made against you on this board, the "fact" you were most desperate to correct was not the perception of how poorly you treat your wife, but rather how well you did against a bull.

Listen carefully, CM: Most men would be in a far greater hurry to correct rumours of abuse than they would some story about wrangling a bull.

My wife and my kids are not only safe, but happy.

None of her posts - not the ones wherein she used to reach out, and not the ones now that you have squeezed her into the form of your ideal woman - sound happy: The former are desperate and the latter are angry and bitter.

You send anyone you want out to verify.

It's a matter of record - but if your wife is so comfortable in that marriage, why isn't she here defending it? If someone were insulting my husband on line, he wouldn't be the only one there to set the record straight. I wouldn't tolerate anyone badmouthing that good man for a second.

And you will not find anywhere, not even once, let alone hundreds of times, where I have denigrated my husband online or offline. My husband pays the bills. He endures incredible pain to continue working. I meet his needs, follow his ideas, acquiesce to his desires and yet - shocking as this may seem to you - it is his competence and patience and homour that make for a good leader.

So, yes, I would be rushing to the computer to set the record straight in an effort to take the taint from my husband.

I'm not hiding from you and your absolutely crazy accusations, I'm just tired of you wasting my time and getting my wife mad.

The accusations didn't originate here, CM; they came from your wife - before you ate her soul, that is.

Have a nice life. What kind of nut jobs dig thru 42,000 posts that are years old when we fully admit our marriage sucked?

You don't know how to use a simple search engine. That revelation is every bit as shocking as the discovery that you're a scatter-brained rage addict.

And as for your saying goodbye - yeah. I'm sure you won't be back - curiosity will in no way compel you to read how others have responded to you. (Your ego demands nothing less.)

I hope you repair your marriage, CM, starting with yourself. If you don't, you pretentions to happiness will only last so long before you have a wife that leaves you and adult children who wouldn't brake for you in the street.

The fact that Amanda has posted so much, on a scrapbooking forum, about her marriage really illustrates how isolated she is. I'm not saying that if you post on forums like that, you must be lonely and desperate; but in Amanda's case I think that was true. She clearly had no circle of friends, no family - NO HUSBAND - with whom she could discuss her troubles.

I'd like to know why, if Robert was such a faultless and Godly leader from day one of his marriage, his marriage was broken. He's never once mentioned what his fault was in the whole mess. He's never listed his weaknesses as a husband. Marriage is about two people, each with strengths AND weaknesses, who daily work to correct THEIR OWN faults. They don't shine light on their spouse's sins in an effort to keep their own sin hidden in the shadows. If asked about this, Robert's reply is always "I did everything right," just like Ken. There is NO humility in this man.

That's what first clued me in to the type of man he was when I started reading his blog - his lack of humility (well and his foul language). I have no problem reading posts by someone who interprets scripture differently or manages their household differently than we do; in fact, I usually find it interesting and pleasant to interact with people with differing views. Robert, though, shot up so many red flags; even without his Shed post, I would have known pretty quickly that he's a dangerous man.

Reading through Robert's comments on SpiritualSoundingBoard. Of course he starts with the standard:

this will be my last comment

Immediately followed by 2 days worth of additional posts, one of which was prefaced with the following:

One last go around here…sorry to not keep my word

***Note to Rob*** It is not necessary to preface your posts with the assertion that you won't be posting again. It almost always proves not to be true in your case.

I also found it interesting that he threw the Godly Alexanders under the bus, even going so far as to say that he doesn't agree with them on everything (specifically spanking...that had to sting huh Lori?).

PS. Lori’s post was a set of comments taken over a span of month and thrown into a post. It reads absolutely horribly- of this I fully admit. If I read that I would call me an abuser to.

I fully admit the piece at Lori’s is aweful and never should have gone up. I asked her to take it down and she did.

He went on to explain that the counselor had been firmly in his corner, even going so far as to suggest that the she had advised Amanda that he was a "good husband".

You can’t have it both ways. That counselor knew every last dirty detail of our marriage and lives and yet she told my wife she was the one who needed to leave.

I put myself under the judgement of a woman who has very similar beliefs as you, and while she didn’t agree with my beliefs she did not think I was abusive. Nor did she tell me to leave the premises. She told Amanda she had a good husband who loved her.

Move over Alexanders...now it's Amanda's turn to go under the bus:

It was her who was rebellious.

As far as if my wife wanted divorce, because she said it often. I told her I did not want that to be what would happen, but that I would not stop her. In fact, she didn’t want the kids or anything and I insisted on splitting custody, getting her a house and setting her up financially so she would not be upon hard times.

So he's insisting a suicidal woman who clearly states she doesn't want her kids get joint custody? Interesting.

Now this is the part that really got me. In fact, my husband (who is also following all of this) could not believe what he was reading. Robert said:

How about you meet up with my wife and ask her.

My husband's exact quote was, "Is he trying to get her killed? What kind of man sends his wife to meet random internet strangers in order to defend himself???"

Robert went on to say:

My wife will not meet with you unless I ask her to. She thinks your site is evil, ungodly and bad news. Amanda does not even want to talk to you, let alone meet you. The only way she would do it is if I asked her and then with great hesitation.

So Amanda doesn't want to meet these people, but will go against her better judgement to garner Robert an "apology post". What a man.

My husband also (immediately) pointed out that Robert contradicts himself when asserting that there is no such thing as marital rape, and then immediately saying you shouldn't force your wife. Forced sex is rape. Period.

It's also worth noting that Robert has said in the past that he punishes Amanda if she doesn't consent to "cheerful, every other day sex".

Jackass.

Burris FTW. You said everything I wanted to say but put it way more eloquently than I ever could.

As much as we wish that things were different up there in cray cray town,, its not going to happen, that girl is broken , her spirit crushed,, (her true spirit). I just hope someday we dont read about something happening.

I've been reading the comments at Spiritual Sounding Board and Robert is really taking a beating. Some are asking for a screen shot to his sex advice post. I couldn't seem to get my link to Lipstick Alley to work over there. Anybody want to give it a try and post it for them?

http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread ... Sex-Advice

Also, Robert is going on and on about how angry Amanda is at everybody for discussing her marriage. I'd like to point out that Amanda need only be angry at Robert.

He is the one that has published intimate and embarrassing details on several blogs for the world to read, Amanda. He's the one that has opened up your marriage like this. Had he been content to keep his private life private and not brag about his "manly" ways of disciplining you, you would not be receiving the attention you are receiving right now. I understand it is safer for you to be mad at us, but Robert is the one that has failed to protect you.

On another note, I'd like to also add my congratulations to Burris for an excellent post. Well done!

I fully admit the piece at Lori’s is aweful and never should have gone up. I asked her to take it down and she did.

Lori's piece isn't awful; you, CM, are awful. You honestly expect we're going to ignore a whole lot of documentation merely because you showed up to explain it away with the classic abuser line: 'That bitch is crazy!'

I put myself under the judgement of a woman who has very similar beliefs as you, and while she didn’t agree with my beliefs she did not think I was abusive. Nor did she tell me to leave the premises. She told Amanda she had a good husband who loved her.

No she did not. Professional counsellors don't choose sides to that extent. No reputable counsellor would tell your wife what a great guy you are unless she is (a) incompetent, (b) improperly trained (see Nouthetic Counselling, or © on the take. If a word you say is true, CM, then my bet is (b).

It was her who was rebellious.

She's not a toddler, you ass; she's a grown women, and allegedly your counterpart. If there's something broken in your marriage, it's related to what an insufferable man you must be.

In fact, she didn’t want the kids or anything...

I call bullshit with ice-cream on top - but nice attempt at character assassination. If, however, this claim is true, then this man left his offspring with someone he considers unstable.

How about you meet up with my wife and ask her.

She can't post here?

My wife will not meet with you unless I ask her to. She thinks your site is evil, ungodly and bad news. Amanda does not even want to talk to you, let alone meet you. The only way she would do it is if I asked her and then with great hesitation.

...and so of course you offered to send her to meet us evil folk without first asking her, and even despite your knowing the opinion she has of this place. You're human garbage.

And I find it funny that of all the accusations made against you on this board, the "fact" you were most desperate to correct was not the perception of how poorly you treat your wife, but rather how well you did against a bull.

Listen carefully, CM: Most men would be in a far greater hurry to correct rumours of abuse than they would some story about wrangling a bull.

YES!!! I haven't been around here in awhile yet I see nothing changes with Robert. It's still all about him and his wretched pride.

Archived