IGNORED

Robert wrangles a bull: the true story

Firiel

Wasn't it Robert who went through his Bible and did a count of how many times Jesus was forgiving and how many times he was judgmental, and based on that concluded that Jesus in fact wanted us to be judgmental of others? Even if his scorecard is accurate, it's probably worth it to look at WHO Jesus judged, namely Pharisees and their ilk...the people who always strike me as being very much like today's fundies...

Slightly OT, but the Pharisees were/are a group with an existence documented outside of the New Testament, and they really weren't fundamentalist at all. That would more accurately describe a rival group, the Sadducees.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly OT, but the Pharisees were/are a group with an existence documented outside of the New Testament, and they really weren't fundamentalist at all. That would more accurately describe a rival group, the Sadducees.

I guess I was referring more to the showing the world how "holy" they were and trying to out-holy each other - if that was the Sadducees then I stand corrected!

I guess I was referring more to the showing the world how "holy" they were and trying to out-holy each other - if that was the Sadducees then I stand corrected!

No problem. The term Pharisees is used that way in the New Testament. It's just a pet peeve of mine that the term gets thrown around without realizing that it was/is an actual group, and that it's not defined by some slurs in some ancient documents.

Has anyone continued to follow the SSB comment thread? I let it go for two days and it exploded to more than 550 comments. Did CM come back? Or his minion Earl? Anything interesting I need to read?

Has anyone continued to follow the SSB comment thread? I let it go for two days and it exploded to more than 550 comments. Did CM come back? Or his minion Earl? Anything interesting I need to read?

oh wow, i stopped following it a while ago. holy shit, it sounds like robert must have gone back! then again, judging by the length of our threads with no direct robert posting...

It doesn't appear that Robert came back (but all I did was a search for his username in the comments).

elovesc34, one of his regular commenters, did show up and had this to say:

elovesc34

After reading Robert’s blog, and your screed all I can say is the path you took to get to your conclusions would require a highly complex satellite tracking/mapping algorithm for me to follow. I am sure that your blog is loved and adored by the wives in full rebellion against God’s Word, feminists and their useful male idiots. I found it was not worth my time to read.

I've checked in several times but have not closely read all the comments. It doesn't look like Robert came back. The conversation seemed to take a turn toward "Biblical divorce" - what counts as Biblical and what does not, which is great. I like it when a blogger allows the conversation to turn to other topics (cough, cough...Lori) but I wasn't up to following that path. I've heard enough of that argument, in real life, to last me a life time.

There were a few people challenging Earl to use his real name (he comments under elovesc34). I really wanted to chime in with "His name is Earl and he has a lousy marriage." Isn't he the one that was always complaining to Robert about his own wife? I think he once whined that his wife's menopause was making his sex life even more miserable. Poor little bunny.

It doesn't appear that Robert came back (but all I did was a search for his username in the comments).

not worth his time to read, but certainly worth his time to comment on it not being worth his time :roll: idiot

I've skimmed a few times -- as far as I can tell, the comments wandered off into debates about divorce, abuse, politics, interpretations of the Bible, whether the US founding fathers were Christian, with a heavy dose of No True Scotsman, without any further input from Robert.

This is meant to insult the readers but only makes him look stupid. It does not seem to occur to him that perhaps the reason he cannot see what other do is because he is an idiot.

I almost think it is Robert because it's all one extreme. "Useful male idiots." I don't think men are idiots, or should be dominated by women. I don't think any readers thought that either. But there does not seem to be any middle ground with these guys.

So my conclusion is Robert, Earl, and this guy are stupid.

I've skimmed a few times -- as far as I can tell, the comments wandered off into debates about divorce, abuse, politics, interpretations of the Bible, whether the US founding fathers were Christian, with a heavy dose of No True Scotsman, without any further input from Robert.

:lol: You're right about the No True Scotsman!

It's interesting that Lorken haven't written anything about the recent Cabinetman debacle. Maybe Lori got tired of Robert insisting elsewhere that she had misrepresented him in the famous wife lockout post on her blog.

Lori is keeping some distance from CM, no way she will talk about what brought on the storm.

But then again,, shes the type of bitch that would use it to show that the evil feminist are out to get a Godly man,,

So today Kenny takes on Dr. Phil,, talking about how his advice is dangerous, LOL,, I commented but it would never see the light of day,, I basically told him to mind his own business, and asked why he lets his wife tell half truths on her poking a hole in her diaphragm,

Lori may yet say something about CM. She 'writes' her blog entries days/weeks in advance and has them queued up for release every morning at 9 am eastern time (and I await them with bated breath! :lol: ). I think that's why she sometimes seems a little behind the news. We might get a Robert post in a week or two.

Lori may yet say something about CM. She 'writes' her blog entries days/weeks in advance and has them queued up for release every morning at 9 am eastern time (and I await them with bated breath! :lol: ). I think that's why she sometimes seems a little behind the news. We might get a Robert post in a week or two.

I agree that a post might be in the works. I think it will be a "guest post" by Ken and he will do all sorts of twists and turns in trying to justify why Robert is correct. If there is no post about it, it's likely because Ken doesn't agree with Robert and does not have the courage to say so. I'm eager to see how they justify exceptions in the I Corinthians scripture when they will not tolerate the slightest hint of exception in scripture on submission.

Archived