IGNORED

Robert wrangles a bull: the true story

Firiel

I'm making spaghetti and meatballs today for dinner. When my husband asks what's for dinner I'm telling him it's crap. "Crap is for dinner!"

we're having lasagna tonight, is that close enough? :D

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's effort bias- Robert remembers putting forth effort (roses and i-love-yous) but doesn't remember or consider important all the times he was casually cruel to her.

I also love how he claims that roses and i-love-yous prove he couldn't be abusive, when that stuff is pretty common in abusers- the reconciliation/honeymoon phase.

I think it's effort bias- Robert remembers putting forth effort (roses and i-love-yous) but doesn't remember or consider important all the times he was casually cruel to her.

I also love how he claims that roses and i-love-yous prove he couldn't be abusive, when that stuff is pretty common in abusers- the reconciliation/honeymoon phase.

That makes so much sense.

strain at a gnat and swallow a camel. :lol:

sorry, i'm on a quoting kick lately

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
DH just came in and wanted lunch. I started to warm left over spaghetti. I'm willing to admit it's not the best batch, but still. He said "NO! Not that CR@P. It was horrible." Then he wonders why I got mad!!

Really??? If I went out into his shop and said something like that to him, he'd be livid! Then he blames on me just being grumpy! NO!!! You're just being a jerk!! Angry

Okay - going to go back to happy now.

Just like Christ loves the Church, amirite?

When all of us were asking him what HE did wrong in his marriage, he could have shown some humility and pointed to an incident like this. He could have said "Looking back, I now see I was not kind to her when she made mistakes. I did not appreciate her efforts with cooking." But we know he will never admit to any mistakes.

How would Robert like it if he said "Would you put this in the cabinet please." Of course he wouldn't speak like that; he'd say "Woman! put those groceries away!!"

Anyway, what if he'd instructed her and she said "You mean the CRAPINETS?? 'Cause those things in my kitchen are crap!"

I have no doubt he has always belittled her and insulted her, whether it's her cooking, her looks, her cleaning, how she raises the children. Her decision to be submissive, as we've said before, was all about surviving. I hate to imagine how he belittles his children and their efforts at anything.

I hate to imagine how he belittles his children and their efforts at anything.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
When his son lies, he blames it on his daughter.

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/forums/p/14014/79506.aspx#79506

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
When his son lies, he blames it on his daughter.

clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/forums/p/14014/79506.aspx#79506

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Scrolling up to the top of that page, I saw this from Amanda:

He got the mail yesterday. Brought me a stack of bills. I was expecting a package from Two peas. Bummer, will have to wait another day.

But today, I went to get something out of the car, and THERE IT WAS!!!!! The bully didn't bring me my good mail. urghhh.....

Gotta go finish sorting through it to make sure it's all there!

Holy fuck Robert was(and is) a shitty husband. Seriously. He did silly, childish things and then expected her to want to have enthusiastic sex with him?

For a strong man he sure did act like a toddler, didn't he? If this is what a good Christian husband is like Robert(and all his fans) I'll stick with my heathen one.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:

He got the mail yesterday. Brought me a stack of bills. I was expecting a package from Two peas. Bummer, will have to wait another day.

But today, I went to get something out of the car, and THERE IT WAS!!!!! The bully didn't bring me my good mail. urghhh.....

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Wow. That mail thing is so messed up, so messed up. He needs to control her so badly that he'll even control her mail. WTF?! On another note, Robert and Amanda's daughter is the person I fear for the most in this situation. She's old enough to understand and remember what went on during the 'locking Amanda in a cabin' time and clearly gets blamed for things just because she's a female and is on the receiving end of Robert's misogyny.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Wow. That mail thing is so messed up, so messed up. He needs to control her so badly that he'll even control her mail. WTF?! On another note, Robert and Amanda's daughter is the person I fear for the most in this situation. She's old enough to understand and remember what went on during the 'locking Amanda in a cabin' time and clearly gets blamed for things just because she's a female and is on the receiving end of Robert's misogyny.
{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I wonder if she lies because she doesn't want to have to deal with Robert :cry:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
that is such bullshit and it really shows that robert isn't unintentionally doing anything. he cannot play the forgetful husband card on that. THAT was INTENTIONAL.

i could buy him picking up mail and forgetting it all in the car. i cannot in any way accept that he possibly picked up the mail and took only a portion of it in on accident. there is no way he just so happened to pick up bills and left other stuff just sitting there. no. way. he intentionally left her package and possibly other personal stuff in the car (per her comment on sorting through the mail to make sure it's all there). and if he did it once, he did it multiple times, i'd bet anything on it. that is the actions of a controlling, manipulative, ABUSIVE asshole. no excuses, boobert, there is NO EXCUSE FOR YOU HERE. you are an UNREPENTANT ASSHOLE.

this just really really pisses me off. i think just because it's something so small and trivial, and yet he turned it into a game of control. dude, srsly, wtf. you control your family, we get that, you don't have to withhold mail to prove that you're the headship. that only proves you're a testa di cazzo. shame on you.

For Robert being a man is a free pass to be a jerk, because he is a manly man. He says that he shows his love for her in other ways like working to provide food and shelter. Things like kind words and attitude are just her femenist tainted expectations.

The problem wasn't that he was a jerk. The problem was Amanda didn't realise how he shows his love.

I tried engaging with him early on in his blog and brought up the whole "Didn't Jesus turn his other cheek?" thing. His response was that if I looked closer at the bible I would see that Jesus only did this once. In the whole bible he only turned his cheek once. And it was during the last days of his life. The rest of the time Jesus walled around calling people names, scolding them, and shunning them / running out on them when they wouldn't come around.

I think that pretty much says it all right there.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
After reading this bit about the mail, I have serious doubts that he doesn't check on her e-mail. And probably goes through her phone and purse as well.

I tried engaging with him early on in his blog and brought up the whole "Didn't Jesus turn his other cheek?" thing. His response was that if I looked closer at the bible I would see that Jesus only did this once. In the whole bible he only turned his cheek once. And it was during the last days of his life. The rest of the time Jesus walled around calling people names, scolding them, and shunning them / running out on them when they wouldn't come around.

what?? i don't recall that at all. iirc (and i'm pretty sure i do) the only people he publicly rebuked were pharisees and the money changers in the temple, not the majority of people he ran into. he associated with all kinds of people, he even let a prostitute wash his feet with her hair without telling her to gtfo.

of course, that's just the bible i read. boobert probably has his own sooper speshul edition.

For Robert being a man is a free pass to be a jerk, because he is a manly man. He says that he shows his love for her in other ways like working to provide food and shelter. Things like kind words and attitude are just her femenist tainted expectations.

The problem wasn't that he was a jerk. The problem was Amanda didn't realise how he shows his love.

I think that pretty much says it all right there.

Clearly he needs to read the Bible more:

You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.' 39"But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40

This is what Jesus said taught His followers. He didn't say, do it only once and then be a jerk.

That's a general theme with fundie patriarchy that really rubs me the wrong way.

Men want respect. Woman don't really understand respect so men get to define it.

Women want love. But they don't get to define love. They just need to have low standards so anything remotely nice the husband does displays the firey love of God like 1000 burning suns.

That was a very smart cow to have pooped on him like that. Good cow!

well, he IS full of bullshit, so it's really just appropriate ;)

I just will never be able to wrap my head around how anybody, man or woman, can be okay with one person's needs and wants being more important than the others, simply because they have a penis. I will never be able to understand how one person can basically dehumanize not just another person but a person he's supposed to love and cherish...or how someone can let someone else do that to them. What a miserable way to choose to live life.

Clearly he needs to read the Bible more:

You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.' 39"But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40

This is what Jesus said taught His followers. He didn't say, do it only once and then be a jerk.

That is seriously sickening. That he believes that he is being Christelike by calling others out and scolding them. Is it just his wife, women, and men smaller than him. I would like to see him scold somebody his own size, or a real person in real life. I doubt it. The other thing was disturbing too. Look at the big picture of her being isolated too. I think her submitting is the only way for her to survive for now.

That is seriously sickening. That he believes that he is being Christelike by calling others out and scolding them. Is it just his wife, women, and men smaller than him. I would like to see him scold somebody his own size, or a real person in real life. I doubt it. The other thing was disturbing too. Look at the big picture of her being isolated too. I think her submitting is the only way for her to survive for now.

Wasn't it Robert who went through his Bible and did a count of how many times Jesus was forgiving and how many times he was judgmental, and based on that concluded that Jesus in fact wanted us to be judgmental of others? Even if his scorecard is accurate, it's probably worth it to look at WHO Jesus judged, namely Pharisees and their ilk...the people who always strike me as being very much like today's fundies...

Wasn't it Robert who went through his Bible and did a count of how many times Jesus was forgiving and how many times he was judgmental, and based on that concluded that Jesus in fact wanted us to be judgmental of others? Even if his scorecard is accurate, it's probably worth it to look at WHO Jesus judged, namely Pharisees and their ilk...the people who always strike me as being very much like today's fundies...

EXACTLY. part of studying the bible is context, people! even if you take it literally, you have to look at what exactly is going on. so, who is he judging? my money is on the fundies of the day, the pharisees. if anything, he should not just take into account the fact that he's judging someone, but WHO he is judging and WHY.

and, also, being that he's the son of god (as boobie claims) shouldn't jesus have the right to judge anyone anyway? so, what gives the average human who is NOT the son of god the right to judge anyone? could he have possibly thought that, hey, jesus had the right to judge because he was the son of god, but since i'm not the son of god, that means i'm not qualified to do everything that jesus did. i mean, boobie can't walk on water, can he? jesus walked on water, so why can't you, boobie? jesus also multiplied fish and bread by speaking, alone, does that mean you can do the same, boobie? jesus calmed a hurricane-like storm, again by simply speaking, can you do the same, boobie? no? why? oh, because you're not the physical manifestation of a divine being? bingo! that should mean that, following that logic, that jesus may have done certain things that did not apply to every human being. like judging. ;)

*mic drop*

EXACTLY. part of studying the bible is context, people! even if you take it literally, you have to look at what exactly is going on. so, who is he judging? my money is on the fundies of the day, the pharisees. if anything, he should not just take into account the fact that he's judging someone, but WHO he is judging and WHY.

and, also, being that he's the son of god (as boobie claims) shouldn't jesus have the right to judge anyone anyway? so, what gives the average human who is NOT the son of god the right to judge anyone? could he have possibly thought that, hey, jesus had the right to judge because he was the son of god, but since i'm not the son of god, that means i'm not qualified to do everything that jesus did. i mean, boobie can't walk on water, can he? jesus walked on water, so why can't you, boobie? jesus also multiplied fish and bread by speaking, alone, does that mean you can do the same, boobie? jesus calmed a hurricane-like storm, again by simply speaking, can you do the same, boobie? no? why? oh, because you're not the physical manifestation of a divine being? bingo! that should mean that, following that logic, that jesus may have done certain things that did not apply to every human being. like judging. ;)

*mic drop*

But Robert is stupid so......

While reading about Robert and Amanda, I kept thinking about a short story I read once about a farmer and his wife who lived in an isolated farmhouse. The man is murdered and the story is about the sheriff's wife and the county attorney's wife solving the case because they pay attention to "trifles".

The name of the story is A Jury of Her Peers by Susan Glaspell.

http://www.learner.org/interactives/lit ... ltext.html

For those not interested in reading the story, here's the tl:dr

The wife did it because of how her husband treated her. Before her marriage, she was a vibrant woman who enjoyed singing in the choir and was always dressed nicely. After years of marriage, the only clothing she owned was old and quite shabby. Because of this, she was embarrassed to go out and remained at home.

She had to cook their meals on a broken stove and the rest of her kitchen was also in poor condition. The couple had no children, and her husband strangled her pet bird.

The story is not an exact fit, but I can't get it out of my head. :(

While reading about Robert and Amanda, I kept thinking about a short story I read once about a farmer and his wife who lived in an isolated farmhouse. The man is murdered and the story is about the sheriff's wife and the county attorney's wife solving the case because they pay attention to "trifles".

The name of the story is A Jury of Her Peers by Susan Glaspell.

http://www.learner.org/interactives/lit ... ltext.html

For those not interested in reading the story, here's the tl:dr

The wife did it because of how her husband treated her. Before her marriage, she was a vibrant woman who enjoyed singing in the choir and was always dressed nicely. After years of marriage, the only clothing she owned was old and quite shabby. Because of this, she was embarrassed to go out and remained at home.

She had to cook their meals on a broken stove and the rest of her kitchen was also in poor condition. The couple had no children, and her husband strangled her pet bird.

The story is not an exact fit, but I can't get it out of my head. :(

This story was also written as a one act play (Trifles) that I read for a class... it's a great comparison!

Archived