IGNORED

Robert wrangles a bull: the true story

Firiel

EXACTLY. part of studying the bible is context, people! even if you take it literally, you have to look at what exactly is going on. so, who is he judging? my money is on the fundies of the day, the pharisees. if anything, he should not just take into account the fact that he's judging someone, but WHO he is judging and WHY.

and, also, being that he's the son of god (as boobie claims) shouldn't jesus have the right to judge anyone anyway? so, what gives the average human who is NOT the son of god the right to judge anyone? could he have possibly thought that, hey, jesus had the right to judge because he was the son of god, but since i'm not the son of god, that means i'm not qualified to do everything that jesus did. i mean, boobie can't walk on water, can he? jesus walked on water, so why can't you, boobie? jesus also multiplied fish and bread by speaking, alone, does that mean you can do the same, boobie? jesus calmed a hurricane-like storm, again by simply speaking, can you do the same, boobie? no? why? oh, because you're not the physical manifestation of a divine being? bingo! that should mean that, following that logic, that jesus may have done certain things that did not apply to every human being. like judging. ;)

*mic drop*

Well here is the thing. Husband are supposed to love their wives like christ loved the church. Husbands are supposed to represent christ in marriage. Therefore husbands are really Jesus. Jesus was basically god. Therefore husbands are really god.

Choo Choo!!! All aboard the fundie logic train.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When all of us were asking him what HE did wrong in his marriage, he could have shown some humility and pointed to an incident like this. He could have said "Looking back, I now see I was not kind to her when she made mistakes. I did not appreciate her efforts with cooking." But we know he will never admit to any mistakes.

How would Robert like it if he said "Would you put this in the cabinet please." Of course he wouldn't speak like that; he'd say "Woman! put those groceries away!!"

Anyway, what if he'd instructed her and she said "You mean the CRAPINETS?? 'Cause those things in my kitchen are crap!"

I have no doubt he has always belittled her and insulted her, whether it's her cooking, her looks, her cleaning, how she raises the children. Her decision to be submissive, as we've said before, was all about surviving. I hate to imagine how he belittles his children and their efforts at anything.

I don't even believe all of his claims of considerateness, niceness, telling her how beautiful she is, etc. This is the man who constantly pointed out his good looks (in the top 20% of good looks, younger and more fit women always come on to him) compared to hers (bottom 50% of attractiveness but has other good qualities). It wasn't until he was held accountable for these comments that he began saying how he constantly tells her how beautiful she is but for some mysterious reason, she doesn't believe him. I wonder why??? I'm not saying there weren't compliments or nice deeds done over the years, however, I'm thinking they were far more rare than Boobert is letting on (or will acknowledge).

[hidden]Wow. That mail thing is so messed up, so messed up. He needs to control her so badly that he'll even control her mail. WTF?! On another note, Robert and Amanda's daughter is the person I fear for the most in this situation. She's old enough to understand and remember what went on during the 'locking Amanda in a cabin' time and clearly gets blamed for things just because she's a female and is on the receiving end of Robert's misogyny.[/hidden]

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I find this so very disturbing! You're right that Robert wants to control every aspect of Amanda's life. It's sickening. I am also really worried about the little girl. The other day when I was recalling watching the video on Robert's blog of the family giving him a giant birthday card, I was troubled because the son got lots of attention from his dad. You could see the little girl wanted his attention as well but she kept quiet until it was her turn. When Robert finally got to her part of the card, he was nice enough to her, but it wasn't nearly enough of what he shared with the son and I felt so sad for her because she seemed deflated somewhat. She's a little Amanda. Don't forget, this is the man who doesn't feel that educating a female is necessary because she's going to be a wife and mother anyway. To his credit, he has said that he won't prevent her from going to college, however, he won't encourage it either which means she likely won't have any goals or aspirations for herself. In fact, she may go along with her dad just to receive positive reinforcement.

He can't talk himself up enough. He was a basketball star! He was an assistant pastor!! He was so big and strong!!!! All the ladies wanted him!!!!!

But Amanda was the "complete mess". She wanted to be social :-( She wanted to have a life outside the home away from him :-( :-( She would plan activities more then 2 times a week instead of staying home to take care if him :-( :-( :-( She didn't always want to put out :-( :-( :-( :-(.

No doubt he thought himself (still thinks himself) quite the catch.

If there home schooled,, whats the chances of the girl going to college,, he doesnt need to discourage it,, its just going to happen,, that she wont,,

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
DH just came in and wanted lunch. I started to warm left over spaghetti. I'm willing to admit it's not the best batch, but still. He said "NO! Not that CR@P. It was horrible." Then he wonders why I got mad!!

Really??? If I went out into his shop and said something like that to him, he'd be livid! Then he blames on me just being grumpy! NO!!! You're just being a jerk!! Angry

Okay - going to go back to happy now.

Just like Christ loves the Church, amirite?

I guess I've read/seen too many stories of wives getting fed up with abuse and poisoning their husbands. BE NICE TO THE PERSON WHO PREPARES OR SERVES YOUR FOOD, YA DIMWIT! :angry-banghead:

If there home schooled,, whats the chances of the girl going to college,, he doesnt need to discourage it,, its just going to happen,, that she wont,,

I have known Christian homeschooling families whose children DO attend college yet I can't say that for all of them. I just remembered Robert's exact words about educating his daughter. He said it would be a "waste of money." What a jerk!

I have known Christian families whose children DO attend college yet I can't say that for all of them. I just remembered Robert's exact words about educating his daughter. He said it would be a "waste of money." What a jerk!

My sister homeschooled her two boys and each of them went away to college. Each actually went out of state. The older one is now moving to yet another state for grad school. Having seen many examples of homeschooling, I have to say my sister took it very seriously. Hers was not the typical SOTDRT. While it's not a choice I would ever make, she put everything she had into it and her boys show it. They are both brilliant and have been allowed to pursue their interests and talents.

I do see Chosenone's point - it's not common for fundie homeschoolers to encourage college; but I'm glad my sister broke that stereotype.

Edited for apostrophe abuse!

I;m sure many christian familes send there kids to college ,, but think about CM and his back story,, do you honeslty believe that he would allow or even help pay for his kid to go to college,, its almost a given that the boy will folow in the old mans footsteps,, as the old man gets older I bet a dollar he gets more extreme in his views, hell in the last few months we have seen that allready,, his post become more bizarre

I;m sure many christian familes send there kids to college ,, but think about CM and his back story,, do you honeslty believe that he would allow or even help pay for his kid to go to college,, its almost a given that the boy will folow in the old mans footsteps,, as the old man gets older I bet a dollar he gets more extreme in his views, hell in the last few months we have seen that allready,, his post become more bizarre

i think it would be interesting to see how he turns out to be in his old age, if he'll become more extreme or if he'll eventually mellow out, or if he stays the same. honestly, i think the reason his posts became more bizarre is because he was attention whoring, and being bizarre got him attention, both good and bad, and the bad of course played into his persecution complex perfectly. if he is completely denied attention, i wonder how he would be like.

Don't you remember? Each kids gets a plot of land from him so they can "put down roots". He's planning for a generational compound. Good grief, at least when the daughter marries she will be out of his grasp ( what with no longer being his legal property and all ). But I really feel for the future daughter in law. No doubt she will be expected to care for Robert and Amanda as they age.

Even if his son turned out to be a half way decent human being, I'm sure Robert will always be on hand to offer "loving christ like rebukes" to his sons wife. Jeez Louise.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I find this so very disturbing! You're right that Robert wants to control every aspect of Amanda's life. It's sickening. I am also really worried about the little girl. The other day when I was recalling watching the video on Robert's blog of the family giving him a giant birthday card, I was troubled because the son got lots of attention from his dad. You could see the little girl wanted his attention as well but she kept quiet until it was her turn. When Robert finally got to her part of the card, he was nice enough to her, but it wasn't nearly enough of what he shared with the son and I felt so sad for her because she seemed deflated somewhat. She's a little Amanda. Don't forget, this is the man who doesn't feel that educating a female is necessary because she's going to be a wife and mother anyway. To his credit, he has said that he won't prevent her from going to college, however, he won't encourage it either which means she likely won't have any goals or aspirations for herself. In fact, she may go along with her dad just to receive positive reinforcement.

Just before he went private he posted things he is aiming to do this year. He mentioned he was going to start taking is daughter out to spend father/daughter time. Hopefully he follows through.

I did however notice that while he is going to take his daughter out for dinner and buy her things, his son gets to go on super awesome fun camping trips.

Cause you know, girls don't like having fun.

Re: We're Always Learning New Things with Ken Alexander: Par

PostAuthor: Cabinetman » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:03 pm

I've heard the term blanket statement here a few times. I don't believe in them. There are no two people or two situations that are exactly alike, many are not alike at all. My pastor watches his kids two days a week and three days a week they go to a lady in the church who watches them, while his wife works. They have agreed she is not best suited for home and can't stay motivated at home (her words). Is it what I think is best, no. Is it what I want for my marriage, no. Do I expect anyone else to live by the beliefs my wife and I agree on? No. Do I have a problem attending the church, having my family learn from them and putting myself under his accountability, no.

I don't agree on the education for girls, but simply because I do not think they teach godly values at colleges. Not because I'm opposed to her being educated. If it was up to me, it won't be as both my kids will make there own decisions when they are 18, I would not send my son or my daughter to college but have my son learn a trade or take over my business. If my daughter chooses to work, it's her decision, but we will not encourage her to get an education or a career but it will be her call.

There are lots of plan B's. We have implented several. Life Insurance is purchased and cheap. Disability insurance is purchased and cheap. For us these are better options for a plan B.

But that is us. If it is not for you, that is your decision. You continue to think I want you to live an exact clone of my life. I do not. I am not looking to take away your choices. I will tell you what I believe, but that is all it is, me giving an opinion on what I believe about the Bible and men & women. I don't consider myself God, but somehow many of you seem to think I do.

On the PMDD, who told me to help keep my wife's life low key/away from people: 1)my wife 2) her medical doctor 3) her counselor. If you don't know about PMDD women isolating themselves, you don't know much about PMDD. I encourage you to google PMDD blogs and read for an hour. Every single blog writer out there the subject will speak to the fact that they hole up anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks every month. It's how they survive.

Robert is gross.

However, I think that seeing Amanda's wedding picture puts a lot of things into perspective for me. At the time of their wedding, he was the (slightly) more attractive of the pair. They were and still are plain looking. Maybe she had low self esteem when she married him. Maybe he was a different person until she made those vows, and maybe she's the kind of person who keeps her vows, regardless of how horrible he is. Maybe he tricked her into marriage. Maybe it doen't matter.

Now Amanda is the better looking of the two of them, and unless he doesn't own and/or use a mirror, he knows it. Or he's in complete denial that he is very fat, if not obese, pale, sickly looking, and his ugly personality is showing on his face. He looks unhygienic and just ... gross. Not going to rate him, but he's one of the more unattractive men I've ever seen. Usually men get better looking with age. Also, I LIKE outdoorsy men. I live in an outdoor state, I like being outdoors, I like men who have (maintained) beards and would prefer to camp or hike on vacation. Robert is just so trashy. He doesn't have respect for his environment or other people or the animals he keeps. He's not respectful of himself, otherwise he wouldn't be doing stupid dangerous things. He's not curious or intellectual in the least. He's just a useless asshole who hopefull will soon be forgotten about.

Robert is gross.

However, I think that seeing Amanda's wedding picture puts a lot of things into perspective for me. At the time of their wedding, he was the (slightly) more attractive of the pair. They were and still are plain looking. Maybe she had low self esteem when she married him. Maybe he was a different person until she made those vows, and maybe she's the kind of person who keeps her vows, regardless of how horrible he is. Maybe he tricked her into marriage. Maybe it doen't matter.

Now Amanda is the better looking of the two of them, and unless he doesn't own and/or use a mirror, he knows it. Or he's in complete denial that he is very fat, if not obese, pale, sickly looking, and his ugly personality is showing on his face. He looks unhygienic and just ... gross. Not going to rate him, but he's one of the more unattractive men I've ever seen. Usually men get better looking with age. Also, I LIKE outdoorsy men. I live in an outdoor state, I like being outdoors, I like men who have (maintained) beards and would prefer to camp or hike on vacation. Robert is just so trashy. He doesn't have respect for his environment or other people or the animals he keeps. He's not respectful of himself, otherwise he wouldn't be doing stupid dangerous things. He's not curious or intellectual in the least. He's just a useless asshole who hopefull will soon be forgotten about.

Yeah, his (lack of) inner beauty shows... People like Robert shouldn't get married. They should just hire a maid and a prostitute. That's what the wife in these marriages boil down to...

Let's face it those kids are doomed. They are not going to college by being home educated out there in the middle of nowhere. I am sure Amanda has the best of intentions, those kids will just have the very basic reading, writing a d math skills. It's a shitty enviornment. If she is doing all the housework and catering to that eeeejit's every whim, she won't get any real momentum going. She will be exhausted just from taking care of him. He seems to be home a lot. I don't think he values education much. Everyone will have to drop what they are doing when ever he wants. Ranch's are lots of work, tKing care of animals is hard work. Amanda is not allowed any friends, so who are they going to hang out with?

Let's face it those kids are doomed. They are not going to college by being home educated out there in the middle of nowhere. I am sure Amanda has the best of intentions, those kids will just have the very basic reading, writing a d math skills. It's a shitty enviornment. If she is doing all the housework and catering to that eeeejit's every whim, she won't get any real momentum going. She will be exhausted just from taking care of him. He seems to be home a lot. I don't think he values education much. Everyone will have to drop what they are doing when ever he wants. Ranch's are lots of work, tKing care of animals is hard work. Amanda is not allowed any friends, so who are they going to hang out with?

While I agree with your overall point, I take issue with the idea that kids who grow up in the "middle of nowhere" are doomed. True, many, many children who are raised in secluded, rural places have a more difficult time pursuing higher education, but it's not unheard of for them to leave their homestead/village/community and become doctors and veterinarians and Lawyers or shopkeepers or business people. There are programs and scholarships available as well. During my work in the bush, I've met so many kids who don't know what jobs even are, but somehow I also know plenty of adults who talk of their days growing up in places very very few people even know exist. Yes, they have the benefit of other community members, but those same community members (most of whom are related) will push and push for kids to stay at all costs. I've kind of lost sight of my point.

Robert ' s children are in trouble because they don't have ANY support that we know of. They don't have the benefit of parents who want to instill curiosity and independence in them. They aren't encouraged to choose their own future or goals. They don't have neighbors or teachers or elders to guide them and show them things. Just a creepy dad who thinks he's hot shit because he can swirl a gold pan, and a mom who is a fucking doormat. Plus genetics. I mean, how much can nurture really overcome nature, especially when your nurturing environment is robert the creep.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I actually think all this ranting and raving and carrying on online will probably backfire for Robert, at least re: his daughter. Or at least, here's how the family dynamic played out in my own narcissist-lead, fucked up family: My mother is a narcissist, I was the Bad Child, my sister was the Golden child, the other kids were mostly neutral. My mother controlled and isolated us. I found out my family wasn't normal from the Internet, but it took me years since my mother is pretty good at pretending to be normal when it's important (CPS visits, etc).

Bob's kids aren't going to have ANY trouble finding evidence that their father is a fucking nutball. He's going to keep starting these internet wars, and people are going to keep pointing out all the ways he's wrong. He might try to keep the kids off the internet, but that can't work forever.

The Golden Child, his son, will in all likelihood continue to buy in. My sister sure did- she had substantial financial incentive to believe I really was just a shitty human being and all household problems were/are (mom's still blaming me and I haven't lived there in 12 years) my fault. Robert's son will have significant incentive to believe as well- a ready-made business, plot of land, help building a house, and the considerable privileges that come with being an abusive sexist asshole.

His daughter, as the Bad Child and a girl, will have significant incentive to RUN FUCKING SCREAMING FOR THE HILLS. Thanks to the Internet, she'll also have some idea of how to accomplish that and where to find help.

The concearn about them in the middle of nowhere was that they don't seem to have a friendly neighbor's house to go to when times are tough. Or the benifit of much contact with other people. I don't think being in the mode of nowhere alone causes a child to be doomed.

The concearn about them in the middle of nowhere was that they don't seem to have a friendly neighbor's house to go to when times are tough. Or the benifit of much contact with other people. I don't think being in the mode of nowhere alone causes a child to be doomed.

I thought as much. Eventually.

Hey guys guess what we had for dinner?

28iugcy.jpg

CRAP! We had CRAP! Aka spaghetti and meatballs- I made way too many meatballs, though, Not Pictured: the other 2/3.

Hey guys guess what we had for dinner?

28iugcy.jpg

CRAP! We had CRAP! Aka spaghetti and meatballs- I made way too many meatballs, though, Not Pictured: the other 2/3.

My crap turned out non-crappy and pretty good. I made too many meatballs too. So I get a choice for lunch. Red beans and rice or meatballs. Not bad choices.

the lasagna was perfect last night (but it was store-bought :P). i packed some for lunch today and left it in the car when fiance dropped me off for work. le sigh. story of my adhd lif-OOOH SHINY!

I had chili served over spaghetti squash. Super yummy!

I think that's spaghetti-adjacent enough to count as Crap. Even more so, since it includes a dreaded vegetable.

Archived