IGNORED

Robert: Don't satisfy wife sexually to show her who's boss

Hisey

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't even decipher his post.

First of all, he doesn't know that there are other sources of meat than factory farming and hunting yourself. There are farmers that raise pastured animals that could can buy meat from. But Boobert lurrrrrves a false dichotomy, so there's that.

Also, I don't know what he wants with the sex blogger thing. He's not clear at all.

And the part about women being surprised about electricity? I don't know even know what he's trying to say there.

Found the post that I was looking for, with cabinetman's comments on Sheila (To Love, Honor and Vacuum).

The whole comment section is worth a read, since it features the beginning of the bromance between Ken and cabinetman:

lorialexander.blogspot.ca/2013/10/do-men-marry-just-for-sex.html

They argue a bit until they embrace each other, with Ken throwing in some interesting comments about 10 min. duty sex. Awwwww......

Cupboard's first comment on Sheila:

Your thoughts about Sheila for example. Not to discourage the lady. She's a fellow christian and I'm sure she's helping some christian women. But to use her teaching as an example. I can't go there as a godly, loving, non-wimpy husband without my blood absolutely boiling at least once a week. I mean no matter how hard I try to walk in peace & the Spirit, she quite literally has me seeing red. Literally, if she was married to a man like me we would have killed each other. Both folks who love the Lord. Who have taught for HIs Kingdom. Both who have great marriages. What's the answer? I mean, I'll be honored to share heaven with her someday but to be honest if my church ever hosted her I'd drop my membership and picket out front. How do we deal as christians who mean well, are trying to walk in truth and yet disagree so passionately? If there is one thread running throughout all these blogs, besides wimpy men and feminist women, it is this great disconnect. How are we to hold passionately to God's Word and if we believe we know something and that the other is hurting other christians with their teaching & yet be loving, gentle and united while doing so?

Bolding is mine. Sure he loves her because she's Christian, but that's some damn violent language.

Then, on the second page of comments when he's specifically asked why he would have a problem with Sheila, he suddenly clams up:

I don't want to talk down about someone who is not here to defend themselves & also a fellow christian. I will simply say as a godly man, I feel terribly disrespected at her blog and that I don't believe her to be scripturely accurate on marriage roles. I do appreciate that she tries to encourage good intimacy between husbands and wives. That is all I will say, I hope you understand. If you are terribly troubled by what I said, let me know and I would consider continuing the conversation (with my wife included in the discussion) but not on a public forum. It would not serve the Kingdom well. God bless-

Robert. I am talking directly to you. (Or Amanda, haaaaaaaaaaaaaay girrrrrrrrrrrrrl!)

If you hate Sheila and her blog, WHY do you read it? Seriously, fella. Have you NO self control? Why do you read/follow FJ? What is your major malfunction?

Besides the obvious, of course.

Robert. I am talking directly to you. (Or Amanda, haaaaaaaaaaaaaay girrrrrrrrrrrrrl!)

If you hate Sheila and her blog, WHY do you read it? Seriously, fella. Have you NO self control? Why do you read/follow FJ? What is your major malfunction?

I honestly think that reading Sheila is for "rightness" fodder. They think they are so very right and she is so very wrong, that they need to point out all the ways that they are more right than she is. And they need to read her blog to get new material for that end goal.

No kidding. Isnt there something about plucking ones own eyse out instead of sinning in the bible? I thought anger was a sin too.......

I guess the only part of being Christian that is important to him is keeping control of your wife..... Which is not widely accepted in christian circles.

Found the post that I was looking for, with cabinetman's comments on Sheila (To Love, Honor and Vacuum).

The whole comment section is worth a read, since it features the beginning of the bromance between Ken and cabinetman:

lorialexander.blogspot.ca/2013/10/do-men-marry-just-for-sex.html

They argue a bit until they embrace each other, with Ken throwing in some interesting comments about 10 min. duty sex. Awwwww......

Cupboard's first comment on Sheila:

Bolding is mine. Sure he loves her because she's Christian, but that's some damn violent language.

Then, on the second page of comments when he's specifically asked why he would have a problem with Sheila, he suddenly clams up:

He's okay with a behind-her-back gossip-fest, but he's not about to talk about her in a public conversation where his words will almost certainly come back to bite him in the ass. Nice, CM.

"Flail" is the verb that often comes to my mind with people like Robert, Lori and Ken of a Thousand Words Where One Will Do. They are flailers.

Like someone flinging their bodies all around the room, knocking things over and causing breakage, then needing to clean it up (but being almost as clumsy in the clean-up), they seem to fling words out without thought.

They flail around carelessly with whatever they want to say, what seems Biblical or witty or sage or just good for their egos at that moment, then back off or contradict themselves or just pretend they never said it, later on. Ken's style may seem calmer than Robert's or Lori's, but they all seem to just write what sounds good to them at the moment.

We all make a clumsy move now and then, with objects or words, and we need to deal with it. But most people don't flail wildly like that.

Continuing the metaphor to others, PP is a bit like that (although he never seems to want to clean up -- he surveys the breakage proudly, then makes more :shock: ).

Steve Maxwell is on the other end of the spectrum -- he's like someone who once saw someone else go close enough to a breakable object that it worried him, so now everyone he can control must move very carefully, only taking a step if he approves.

In the Maxwells' verbal room, all words must be in the locked display case, carefully protected, until Steve OKs their being taken out.

Carefully.

While wearing white cotton gloves.

:borg:

"Flail" is the verb that often comes to my mind with people like Robert, Lori and Ken of a Thousand Words Where One Will Do. They are flailers.

Like someone flinging their bodies all around the room, knocking things over and causing breakage, then needing to clean it up (but being almost as clumsy in the clean-up), they seem to fling words out without thought.

They flail around carelessly with whatever they want to say, what seems Biblical or witty or sage or just good for their egos at that moment, then back off or contradict themselves or just pretend they never said it, later on. Ken's style may seem calmer than Robert's or Lori's, but they all seem to just write what sounds good to them at the moment.

We all make a clumsy move now and then, with objects or words, and we need to deal with it. But most people don't flail wildly like that.

Continuing the metaphor to others, PP is a bit like that (although he never seems to want to clean up -- he surveys the breakage proudly, then makes more :shock: ).

Steve Maxwell is on the other end of the spectrum -- he's like someone who once saw someone else go close enough to a breakable object that it worried him, so now everyone he can control must move very carefully, only taking a step if he approves.

In the Maxwells' verbal room, all words must be in the locked display case, carefully protected, until Steve OKs their being taken out.

Carefully.

While wearing white cotton gloves.

:borg:

these are the best metaphors ever. :clap:

For the record,, I am a male,, married for quite a long time,, and replied to CM on that long winded post about not pleasing teh wife,, I simply asked,, in the 10 times that we have sex,, are you telling me that in those 10 times, there are two times i just pull out and tell the misses,, sorry babe,, Cm said if I leave you high and dry two out of ten ,, your gonna jump my bones at the first chance,, I assure you if I did that I would probably be icing down the jewels, so if being a male here is a problem,, please tell me

Welcome to FJ! You're absolutely right with what you said to Joinery Jackass, and your wife sounds like she's got a keeper of a spouse. :D

I honestly think that reading Sheila is for "rightness" fodder. They think they are so very right and she is so very wrong, that they need to point out all the ways that they are more right than she is. And they need to read her blog to get new material for that end goal.

The irony is that there is absolutely no reason for anyone to believe that they are more "right" than Sheila.

She's pretty open about her family, and since we have slightly overlapping circles, it wouldn't be hard to me to find out what she and her family were really like. Lots of people have actually met her on speaking tours.

I don't agree with everything she writes, but I just don't see that there's much to criticize. Her girls seem pretty nice and normal. She and her husband love each other. Neither she nor her husband are fans of beating kids, esp. since he had to deal with a horrible case of child killed by a caregiver years ago. Much of the advice is pretty much common sense that really can't go very wrong. Make time for your spouse. Relax and enjoy sex. Say thank you to your spouse. Try to look for the good in your kids.

I mean, I can see that the advice is likely to work, and I can also see that she seems to know what she's doing with her family.

I can't do that with the Cupboard Guy. He's paranoid and secretive. A couple of photos and a few seconds of video is hardly a glimpse into their lives. He often makes their lives sound horrific.

My wife and I are old school,, live and let live and its worked for us for 41 years,, yes 41 years,, until the internet I never knew these extreme views even existed,, and truthfully for the longest time I HATED gays,, literally hated them,, but I dont know what happened other then to think,, hey they deserve the same rights I enjoy,, I was a union electrician for 37 years and some of the best electricians were woman,, My son is getting married in April,, and his best man is gay and is bringing his partner,, we always knew he was gay but just came out a year ago,, and feels so much better about that,,

Sheila's method is so much simpler: be nice to each other, have sex, communicate your feelings.

Boobert's/lori's method is a twisted web of intricacies: hide all your feelings inside except about homeschool and staying at home, don't be nice to each other but claim you're nice to each other because Jesus, prevent orgasm 20% of the time, have sex on a 42 hour schedule, pretend to move to Alaska when strangers on the internet find your address, have a 17-point plan of salvation including denouncing FJ, do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around - submission is what religion is all about.

I think Robert has a drinking problem and he's an angry drunk. He gets a little too much alcohol (or other substance) in him and immediately goes to the computer for an anti-woman rant. It reminds me of Mel Gibson's rant against Jewish people when he was arrested.

I also think he still hasn't forgiven Amanda for her "rebellious" years. He's reminded of them every now and then and passive aggressively addresses it through his blog.

Regarding his fascination with sex; I really don't see why he chooses to make it so complicated. Biblically speaking, it's a simple plan - an act between husband and wife that is meant to be pleasurable for both. He can add his own rules all he wants (therefore detracting from God's word) but it's really not that difficult. I think he brings it up a lot in hopes of creating detailed discussion and satisfying his voyeuristic tendencies.

*edited to remove a word

I knew a guy similiar to him once,, ran roughshod over his family,, spouting scripture all the time,, he would come into the weld shop always wanting something welded, just bit and pieces at a time,, so you can imagine my shock when he used the welded parts to build a bomb to blow up the shed at the soccer field,, his reason? they were making to much noise and disturbing his family time, he never let teh kids play any sports,, just kept them locked away, he spent some time in a federal prison,, I kid you not

To be fair, we are the last people to criticize someone for reading blogs they absolutely hate. :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair, we are the last people to criticize someone for reading blogs they absolutely hate. :lol: :lol: :lol:

at least we don't claim that we don't read them, though ;)

And we freely name who and what we disagree with. Not to mention point to the exact post/article we discuss.

My wife and I are old school,, live and let live and its worked for us for 41 years,, yes 41 years,, until the internet I never knew these extreme views even existed,, and truthfully for the longest time I HATED gays,, literally hated them,, but I dont know what happened other then to think,, hey they deserve the same rights I enjoy,, I was a union electrician for 37 years and some of the best electricians were woman,, My son is getting married in April,, and his best man is gay and is bringing his partner,, we always knew he was gay but just came out a year ago,, and feels so much better about that,,

Welcome to Freejinger, Chosenone! I hope you have fun here.

And thanks for sharing this. It takes guts to be honest about past prejudices and to admit when you've been wrong about stuff. Congrats to your son, and I'm glad his friend is now comfortable openly being who and what he is!

I freely confess that I check his blog several times a day - usually with my old psychology text book beside me to check his symptoms. :lol: :lol: Really, I find him a fascinating case study.

And we freely name who and what we disagree with. Not to mention point to the exact post/article we discuss.

not to mention we c&p or screenshot (or both) to make sure it is preserved for all time in the case of deletion ;)

I freely confess that I check his blog several times a day - usually with my old psychology text book beside me to check his symptoms. :lol: :lol: Really, I find him a fascinating case study.

It's an addiction lol.

It's an addiction lol.

agreed. but it's one that we will proudly cop to!

Archived