IGNORED

Sarah Maxwell tries to tell me how to vote

SPHASH

My guess is Steve picks who "the children" will vote for and issues them a list. I'm wondering what Steve does when the conservative candidate is a woman. Is he okay voting for a woman or does he just skip that one?

Also Sarah looks older than her age in the book announcement photo. She looks worn down.

What on earth would Sarah know about freedoms???

And I'm with the person who said taking voting advice from Sarah is like listening to an eight-year-old on who to vote for. I'm actually really interested in how much Sarah even knows about abortion. I would not be surprised at all if she thought a woman gave birth to a screaming infant and then the doctor suffocated the baby. I've actually been morbidly curious for awhile about how much the unmarried Maxwell kids know about sex in general, our government, and major political issues.

I just vote the opposite of the conservative fundy types. If people need the force of law to reinforce their religious beliefs those beliefs aren't very strong are they?

I wonder how the republican majority will be discussed in the Maxwell household? Will they even discuss it, given they don´t follow news? :think:

Mrs. Steveo will hear someone talking about the election results while in the grocery line with eleveney cans of beans and burrito wraps, I'm sure.

A bit of extra homeschooling work because Steve and Teri did their job wrong.......

Dear Sarah,

Do you know what year women were allowed to vote, compared to when men were allowed to vote? Why do you think this is? Who was it who got women the right to vote? Do you think it is good that you are now allowed to vote because of this?

Also, how do you know who do vote for? Am I correct in assuming you do not watch the news, read newspapers and are not allowed to look things up on the internet? If so, how do you know who to vote for? If its Daddy who told you to, did he tell you who to vote for, or tell you about the options and let you decide? What do you like about the person who you voted for except for the fact that they are pro life? What other options are there for voting-who is the other candidate, what are their main points, and why are you not voting for them? Pick three different issues that are brought up in political debates between Democrats and Republicans (not abortion/women's reproductive rights or religious freedom), outline what both parties think about these issues, and then research both sides of these issues and decide who you think is right.

Oh yeah, its Sarah, she isn't allowed to research things and isn't allowed to have an opinion.

This. I literally voted straight Democrat because I am THAT over conservative bullshit this season. Normally I try to educate myself about who I'm voting for, but this time around, I said "screw them all." Does it make me an ignorant voter? Possibly, but I'm just too tired to care. :lol:

That's one of two voting shortcuts I took this year. I'd have no problem voting for an individual Republican, but fuck the Tea Party/GOP party line.

(The other shortcut, for my fellow Washington State residents, was to identify and vote against anything from Tom Eyman).

I do not agree with the Duggars' political beliefs, but at least their kids have been to Washington DC and to the Arkansas state capitol. They have met various politicians, worked on campaigns, and attended numerous rallies. Sure, it's all one-sided. But the kids are getting a behind-the-scenes look at how our government functions. Josh has even been photographed with-- gasp!-- female politicians! I would never vote for anyone that they would recommend, but I can't say that they are totally ignorant. They know what the candidates stand for, and not only the ones who are running for office in their own state. Meanwhile, Sarah Maxwell can't even read a newspaper. I wonder if she can name any of the Senators who aren't from Kansas? Can she list five of the many Republicans who might run for president in 2016? Can she name even one?

Steve would let his dog vote if it was allowed.

"Freedom to vote" is not about his kids' ability to choose to stand for something, it's about getting more votes for his agenda.

I do not agree with the Duggars' political beliefs, but at least their kids have been to Washington DC and to the Arkansas state capitol. They have met various politicians, worked on campaigns, and attended numerous rallies. Sure, it's all one-sided. But the kids are getting a behind-the-scenes look at how our government functions. Josh has even been photographed with-- gasp!-- female politicians! I would never vote for anyone that they would recommend, but I can't say that they are totally ignorant. They know what the candidates stand for, and not only the ones who are running for office in their own state. Meanwhile, Sarah Maxwell can't even read a newspaper. I wonder if she can name any of the Senators who aren't from Kansas? Can she list five of the many Republicans who might run for president in 2016? Can she name even one?

Well to be fair, my manager took a survey a work, and none of is could do that either.

(I confess to not reason the newspaper and totally missed hrf act that there's am election coming up., whoopsie.)

Archived