IGNORED

Sarah Maxwell tries to tell me how to vote

SPHASH

All the Maxwells voted today. Sarah reminds us that people died for our freedom and that we should vote. She also tells us to vote for pro-life candidates. Kiss my ass Sarah. Oh and there are going to be two new books coming out for Christmas. Sarah you should thank the people who died for your parents freedom to give you and your brothers and sisters a shitty education.

But feminists fought for your right to vote Sarah. if it wasn't for us, only your dad and brothers would be allowed to.

Also listening to Sarah's advice on voting is like asking an eight year old who to vote for.

And you're surprised? These are the people that compare abortion to the Holocaust.

I DID vote pro-life, Sarah. I voted to protect the rights of those already living, to help better the QUALITY of those lives. I can't think if anything more pro-life than that.

Not what you had in mind? Oops.

I voted for those whose (claimed) valued most closely align with mine. I can promise Sarah it's the opposite of her and her family. And I am not ashamed. I happen to pay enough attention to what is going on in the world, my country, my state and my county that I don't need to rely on a sheltered 32 year old girl to tell me how to vote.

I DID vote pro-life, Sarah. I voted to protect the rights of those already living, to help better the QUALITY of those lives. I can't think if anything more pro-life than that.

Not what you had in mind? Oops.

This. I literally voted straight Democrat because I am THAT over conservative bullshit this season. Normally I try to educate myself about who I'm voting for, but this time around, I said "screw them all." Does it make me an ignorant voter? Possibly, but I'm just too tired to care. :lol:

Sarah probably doesn't know what's she talking about. It's all Steve. How can you be pro life when you don't even know what that is?

Haha I love your post! I cannot wait for the all the political ads to be off the TV.

Agree w/ what u have said!! Today I did my yearly Facebook post about how after today no more political commericals.

Sarah probably doesn't know what's she talking about. It's all Steve. How can you be pro life when you don't even know what that is?

Agree!!

But feminists fought for your right to vote Sarah. if it wasn't for us, only your dad and brothers would be allowed to.

Something tells me that Sarah would be ok with not having the right to vote.

Also listening to Sarah's advice on voting is like asking an eight year old who to vote for.

And Sarah most likely voted for tea partiers who would love to repeal the 19th amendment.

I have a kid who won't be eligible to vote for at least another decade who is probably capable of more considered advice on who to vote for.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I'm tempted to leave a comment to the effect that a woman's right to vote is a product of feminism and should be rejected by good Christians .

Now, Sarah, you mustn't make an idol of this citizenship thing! What does it matter if you voted when you

DIE?

I have a huge problem with someone who doesn't read the paper and magazines, watch the evening news, listen to the radio and relies on an anti-choice website to determine who to vote for telling me how I should vote. Even Josh Duggar as ignorant as he is knows what the ACA are ISIS are.

Considering the bubble Sarah Maxwell has to live in, I can hardly see how a change in leadership would affect her at all. Unless, of course, she somehow managed to break free, which we're all rooting for.

PS: The election results are totally bumming me out, here up north.

Considering the bubble Sarah Maxwell has to live in, I can hardly see how a change in leadership would affect her at all. Unless, of course, she somehow managed to break free, which we're all rooting for.

PS: The election results are totally bumming me out, here up north.

i didn't vote, because i live in a state so red it's almost maroon, and health issues right now. When early voting opened they shut down a couple of streets downtown, and people were actually out with campaign signs on sticks! I've never seen that kind of political fervor in such a lopsided area. Slightly scary that so many people are so angry; people who want to limit freedoms and make judgments based on skin color. :shock:

Next election though, all things considered. I'll cancel out one if i can make it.

I wonder how the republican majority will be discussed in the Maxwell household? Will they even discuss it, given they don´t follow news? :think:

I wonder how the republican majority will be discussed in the Maxwell household? Will they even discuss it, given they don´t follow news? :think:

Maybe Steve uses godlysearch.com to find out the facts on candidates, and the kids at home get their information from him. After all, quiverfull is about stacking the votes and changing the country. If Steve - the #1 sheltering dad - can't manufacture votes with his kids, quiverfull hope is lost.

and -- Michigan went democratic :lol: that makes me so happy - my most bigoted and racist relatives are in Michigan, it's nice to think they got shut down. But no doubt there will be a flood of ugly memes on FB. :roll:

i didn't vote, because i live in a state so red it's almost maroon, and health issues right now. When early voting opened they shut down a couple of streets downtown, and people were actually out with campaign signs on sticks! I've never seen that kind of political fervor in such a lopsided area. Slightly scary that so many people are so angry; people who want to limit freedoms and make judgments based on skin color. :shock:

Next election though, all things considered. I'll cancel out one if i can make it.

I live in one of said maroon states, and I vote simply to remind them the color blue exists. I like to think I'm at least offending them with my vote, and that's worth it, right? :lol:

Something tells me that Sarah would be ok with not having the right to vote.

I'm a bit surprised that Stevehova allows his women (and they are really his after all) to vote in first place.

I know that the PP for example is absolutely against women voting, even if they vote for the candidates their husbands vote for. Beause of all this "women shouldn't exercise authority over men" bullsh**.

But I guess that's just another hypocrisy in a lot of fundie households. When it serves the goals of the patriarch, women suddenly are allowed to exercise authority over men, just look at the Duggars.

I'm a bit surprised that Stevehova allows his women (and they are really his after all) to vote in first place.

I know that the PP for example is absolutely against women voting, even if they vote for the candidates their husbands vote for. Beause of all this "women shouldn't exercise authority over men" bullsh**.

But I guess that's just another hypocrisy in a lot of fundie households. When it serves the goals of the patriarch, women suddenly are allowed to exercise authority over men, just look at the Duggars.

You are conflating two groups with different ideologies. PeePee is an extreme. The Maxwells, like the Bates and Duggars, though they believe in all the headship bull and have proscribed roles for women, definitely believe in civic duties and some sort of false 1950s TV show version of the family. I don't think I have ever heard anything from the Gothard/Gothard-ish camps that implies women should not vote or that voting places the woman above the man.

You are conflating two groups with different ideologies. PeePee is an extreme. The Maxwells, like the Bates and Duggars, though they believe in all the headship bull and have proscribed roles for women, definitely believe in civic duties and some sort of false 1950s TV show version of the family. I don't think I have ever heard anything from the Gothard/Gothard-ish camps that implies women should not vote or that voting places the woman above the man.

Hmm, still seems a bit hypocritical to me. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't agree with either of the two camps, but as the Duggars and Maxwells claim they follow the bible literally, voting for women doesn't correspondent to me with their usual other interpretations of the bible.

I mean, I'm glad that they are letting their daughters vote! I just wish they would be as "liberal" with their interpretation of the bible in a lot of other cases...

Would they be cool with one of their daughters running for public office?

Archived