IGNORED

Lori:Taylor Swift is tainted by feminisim

The Golden retriever and Lion personality shit is from a couple of Christian Marriage Authors

Dr. Gary Smalley and Dr. John Trent. who used to be on local Christian radio during the time I was deciding if I was going to stop listening all together or let them convince me there was no God, because that is the message I get from Christian talk radio.

Anyway, she's stealing the idea and/or assuming we know the books she is referring to using the phrases.

weirdblog.wordpress.com/2007/02/22/personality-types-lion-beaver-otter-and-golden-retriever/

Lion (Choleric/Dominance)

Strengths– Visionary, practical, productive, strong-willed, independent, decisive, leader

Weaknesses– Cold, domineering, unemotional self-sufficient, unforgiving, sarcastic, cruel

Otter TemperamentOtter (Sanguine/Influence)

Strengths– Outgoing, responsive, warm, friendly, talkative, enthusiastic, compassionate

Weaknesses– Undisciplined, unproductive, exaggerates, egocentric, unstable

Retriever TemperamentGolden Retriever (Phlegmatic/Steadiness)

Strengths– Calm, easy-going, dependable, quiet, objective, diplomatic, humorous

Weaknesses– Selfish, stingy, procrastinator, unmotivated, indecisive, fearful, worrier

Beaver TemperamentBeaver (Melancholy/Compliance)

Strengths– Analytical, self-disciplined, industrious, organized, aesthetic, sacrificing

Weaknesses– Moody, self-centered, touchy, negative, unsociable, critical, revengeful

It's a really old personality breakdown. I've seen it as those animals, as the humors (melancholy, choleric, etc.) and as colors. Pretty much any personality test that has only four major results uses a variation of it.

Scolded is a word used to describe an adult.

Just.

Ugh. No.

This whole piece truly makes me feel ill.

I was horrified by that.

So his mother, who is described as some sort of saint, regular had her husband "scold" her in front of her son. She never defended herself, and she felt that she had to actually apologize for the verbal abuse to restore things to normal.

Ken grows up thinking that this is the perfect model for womanhood. Then he marries a woman who never got the script, and he is incapable of adapting.

God help Lori's kids if that's the model which they are being taught.

I found a new GIF and really wanted to use it. Luckily, Ken commented on Lori's post!

So for most of the godly men out there let me be clear. We want feminine women. This is not a Bible issue; this is an issue of nature and sex. What most attracts men to a women IS the feminine things she does. The way she twirls her hair, or laughs with a feminine laugh, or knows just how to give you that smile. That when walk in the room we know that one is mine, and she is all dressed up and looking good for me. The last thing we want is a testosterone filled wife who wants to arm wrestle us for every decision made and wants to wear jeans all day, and night and even to bed.

giphy.gif

THIS GIF WILL BE USED THROUGHOUT ALL ETERNITY BY ME.

I found a new GIF and really wanted to use it. Luckily, Ken commented on Lori's post!

giphy.gif

THIS GIF WILL BE USED THROUGHOUT ALL ETERNITY BY ME.

I haz a sads. My husband isn't godly. He loves little more than me in a nice-fitting pair of jeans that shows off my tushie *just* so (being that I have a really, really nice tushie). And he likes not arm-wrestling but full-on wrestling/rough housing with me (and he likes the fact that I'm no shrinking violet and can take him on fearlessly even though he's much larger).

Klorien are absolutely incapable of understanding that other people aren't always going to be JUST like Klorien, and that's actually ok. (Good, even). How boring the world would be if we were all alike. And how ugly it would be if we were all Klorien clones.

I was horrified by that.

So his mother, who is described as some sort of saint, regular had her husband "scold" her in front of her son. She never defended herself, and she felt that she had to actually apologize for the verbal abuse to restore things to normal.

Ken grows up thinking that this is the perfect model for womanhood. Then he marries a woman who never got the script, and he is incapable of adapting.

God help Lori's kids if that's the model which they are being taught.

She also laments the fact that feminism means men have lost control over their wives. Only Lori would say that like it's a tragic thing.

It's a really old personality breakdown. I've seen it as those animals, as the humors (melancholy, choleric, etc.) and as colors. Pretty much any personality test that has only four major results uses a variation of it.

And the people who made this never met my golden. Boy is she one stubborn dog.

The last thing we want is a testosterone filled wife who wants to arm wrestle us for every decision made and wants to wear jeans all day, and night and even to bed.

The only time I wear jeans to bed is when I get completely hammered and pass out in my clothes--which would be a daily occurrence if I were married to someone like Ken.

HA. karma at its finest. :D watch out, lori, if you don't behave with cats, the cat god is comin for ya!

Seems appropriate to post this since we've also been recently talking about the Duggars and Disney:

[bBvideo 560,340:1xpvh223]

[/bBvideo]

The only time I wear jeans to bed is when I get completely hammered and pass out in my clothes--which would be a daily occurrence if I were married to someone like Ken.

qft! who the hell wears jeans to bed on the regular? i wear shorts and a t-shirt, or leggings and a sweatshirt if it's cold. or sweatpants, if i'm feeling them. all very comfortable.

the only time i've slept in jeans and not been passed-out drunk was that one time my friends and i got stuck in the woods and ended up stuck until about 4 in the morning. that's a whole other story, though. :P

I am unfamiliar with the concept of "wearing (fill in item of clothing) to bed. If I were going to start doing so, it would not be jeans.

Ken also seems drunk in his writing style today, which makes his usual nonsense seem even more nonsensical.

I've done this on occasion when extremely drunk too. But jeans as nightwear are definitely not as comfy as she seems to assume! Proper pyjamas win hands down.

"I think sometimes God does not speak a lot about things that are so obvious, and this is one of those cases..." says Ken.

This is not the first time Ken has added his own opinion to the Bible and put his ideas on the same footing as the Bible.

Ken, might I remind you of Deuteronomy 12:32 and Psalms 119: 160. Also, "Add thou not unto His words, lest He reprove thee, and thou be found a liar," according Proverbs 30:6.

Just saying, Ken. Might want to stop putting yourself right up there with God.

I was surprised that Lori admitted to liking Taylor Swift. I didn't think she approved of young women working outside the home.

I only occasionally read the threads about her, so I guess my image of her as a less pink, non-cooking, non-sewing, perpetually cranky version of Lady Lydia was incorrect.

I think I need a "fundie watcher' s chart" to help keep the various fundies straight. :lol:

I was surprised that Lori admitted to liking Taylor Swift. I didn't think she approved of young women working outside the home.

I only occasionally read the threads about her, so I guess my image of her as a less pink, non-cooking, non-sewing, perpetually cranky version of Lady Lydia was incorrect.

I think I need a "fundie watcher' s chart" to help keep the various fundies straight. :lol:

She has fangirled over Taylor Swift before. I think it was last year when Taylor said something about possibly put her music career on hold for a family later on. Lori blogged about that and she has blogged about celebrities who have admitted to having certain career regrets or celebrities who say they believe in submission or women staying to raise families.

Taylor swift is in a place financially to be able to put her career on hold for a bit to have a family. The woman owns four houses for cripes sake! It's less Taylor having traditional values and more Taylor having the privilege to do something like that. It's a privilege many families simply cannot afford.

Lori's got a brain of rocks, so I doubt she sees it that way.

I hate jeans with the passion of a thousand I firey suns. I never wear them in the day if I can help it, and even in bed I don't wear anything bu proper pajama. You can never have too many pajamas.

Ken’s mother was feminine. She was always joyful and singing. When her husband scolded her, she quickly went to him and asked him for forgiveness. She was a wise woman who took rebuke. Ken NEVER heard her say one cross word to his father or be angry with him. She often would jump on his lap hugging and kissing him. She honored her husband as head of the home. She loved deeply and forgave freely.

I can't even figure out where to begin expressing my disgust.

I can't even figure out where to begin expressing my disgust.

I know. I keep getting an image of a toy breed dog with a sparkly bow happily greeting its owner. I love dogs, but when you speak of a woman, it shouldn't evoke an image of a dog. :(

Taylor swift is in a place financially to be able to put her career on hold for a bit to have a family. The woman owns four houses for cripes sake! It's less Taylor having traditional values and more Taylor having the privilege to do something like that. It's a privilege many families simply cannot afford.

Lori's got a brain of rocks, so I doubt she sees it that way.

I agree, Lori doesn't see that some female celebrities have the money to put their careers on hold or reduce their work load.

Wow, Lori actually made me like Taylor Swift. Well, it does help "Shake It Off" is catchy as hell.

As for the title of Lori's Taylor bashing screed, "Are You Feminine or a Feminist?"

BF-A-ZxCQAER0IA.png

key words from the blog: ken never SAW his mother say anything cross to his father.

i remember growing up, i never saw my parents argue. at all. when my mother left my dad the first time (before she left for good a month later) it was a complete shock. i had no idea their relationship was that bad. she said whenever they argued, they did in quietly, behind closed doors. they had a policy of never arguing in front of their children. i'm not sure if that was a fundie christian thing or just something that they did.

My husband's parents never argued in front of their kids when they were young. My sister-in-law, as a result, is convinced that people in a healthy relationship never disagree, so she bails on relationships at the first sign of any disagreement whatsoever. She is also traumatized now as an adult if her parents disagree and is convinced they are about to divorce.

My husband saw them disagree a bit more than she did, by all accounts. All I can figure is that they were a)over hiding it once the kids were in mid teens and up--so he was still at home and she wasn't and b) he is more intuitive and empathetic to others than his sister (don't tell the fundie gender police...) and saw reality more than she did.

Regardless, it is not really a good thing to never let your kids see you disagree. It gives them a skewed view of relationships.

And, also, if I acted like that description of Ken's mother, my husband might have me committed. Yikes.

My husband's parents never argued in front of their kids when they were young. My sister-in-law, as a result, is convinced that people in a healthy relationship never disagree, so she bails on relationships at the first sign of any disagreement whatsoever. She is also traumatized now as an adult if her parents disagree and is convinced they are about to divorce.

My husband saw them disagree a bit more than she did, by all accounts. All I can figure is that they were a)over hiding it once the kids were in mid teens and up--so he was still at home and she wasn't and b) he is more intuitive and empathetic to others than his sister (don't tell the fundie gender police...) and saw reality more than she did.

Regardless, it is not really a good thing to never let your kids see you disagree. It gives them a skewed view of relationships.

And, also, if I acted like that description of Ken's mother, my husband might have me committed. Yikes.

This. One extreme to another, but then what do we expect from fundies like the Alexanders.

Archived