IGNORED

Lori:Taylor Swift is tainted by feminisim

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/10/are-you-feminist-or-feminine.html

Taylor Swift was on a talk show this week. I like Taylor so I watched it. In the interview, she stated that she loves feminism. She said its allowed women to be strong, powerful and independent {or something like this}. Feminists demand to be heard. They demand their rights. Taylor Swift is a feminist and proud of it. Let’s analyze this for a minute since many in our society today think these are important qualities for women to develop, even Christian women. Does God want us to be strong, powerful and independent? Are these qualities He cherishes?

First of all, what does being feminine look like according to the Bible? It is having a gentle and quiet spirit. It does not demand being heard or being right. It is not quarrelsome or argumentative. It is allowing our husbands to lead and respecting them. It is finding our strength in the Lord and not in ourselves or our accomplishments. It is being dependent upon the Lord and His will for our lives. It is not concerned with being powerful or making a name for ourselves. The only name we want to make for ourselves is being known as a lover of Jesus and others. God wants women to be feminine. He wants us to dress modestly and act femininely. We should be known for our good works of serving others {I Timothy 5:10}.

Ken’s mother was feminine. She was always joyful and singing. When her husband scolded her, she quickly went to him and asked him for forgiveness. She was a wise woman who took rebuke. Ken NEVER heard her say one cross word to his father or be angry with him. She often would jump on his lap hugging and kissing him. She honored her husband as head of the home. She loved deeply and forgave freely.

Most of us have been tainted by the feminist movement. It is deep in our core. It is in the air we breathe! We want to be in control. We want to be right. We want our way. We want to be independent from our husbands and not allow them to tell us when we are wrong or confront us. {At least, I am this way. Maybe many of you are not.}

Many marriages are in shambles today because of the feminist influence. Many husbands have no control over their wives. They feel helpless to lead and therefore become passive. The wives are strong and want their own way, eventually going off and doing their own thing. We must be able to see this clearly and call it what it is, SIN.

Some women have a much easier time being feminine and soft. They have a gentle and serving personality. They are the golden retrievers among us. For some of us strong personalities {lions}, however, it is much more difficult. We must not look to our society and what is politically correct to decide how we should dress or behave. We need to look into the Word of God and find out how God defines femininity.

Scolded is a word used to describe an adult.

Just.

Ugh. No.

This whole piece truly makes me feel ill.

That whole quiet and gentle thing? Practice what you preach.

In other words, shut up, Lori.

key words from the blog: ken never SAW his mother say anything cross to his father.

i remember growing up, i never saw my parents argue. at all. when my mother left my dad the first time (before she left for good a month later) it was a complete shock. i had no idea their relationship was that bad. she said whenever they argued, they did in quietly, behind closed doors. they had a policy of never arguing in front of their children. i'm not sure if that was a fundie christian thing or just something that they did.

The woman is completely batshit crazy. Does Ken feed her this stuff, or is this more of Gothard and his ilk, spewing the "keep women down" philosophy? AACCKK!

"Cus the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, baby

I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake

Shake it off, shake it off"

I just came here to post that, but also WTF @ this lady? I don't follow these people and it looks like there are good reasons for that. Comparing "gentle and serving" women to dogs? Yeah, we all strive to be like animals.

Yeah, we all strive to be like animals.

well, i would love to have the life of a cat...sleep all day and if i feel particularly bitchy, people just shrug it off.

but somehow i don't think lori was thinking of cats. :P

well, i would love to have the life of a cat...sleep all day and if i feel particularly bitchy, people just shrug it off.

:lol: I have a sense Lori probably doesn't like cats due to their personalities (can anyone confirm or deny?). Cats aren't "servants" or at least not the cats we had 20-some-odd years ago :D

:lol: I have a sense Lori probably doesn't like cats due to their personalities (can anyone confirm or deny?). Cats aren't "servants" or at least not the cats we had 20-some-odd years ago :D

Lori has, indeed, kicked their cat before.

the cat god is not happy :x :angry-boxing:

the cat god is not happy :x :angry-boxing:

But it's OKAY because the cat BIT her. :roll:

Of course, in the instances when I am bitten or scratched by a cat, my response is generally to yank that body part away and not to kick the poor cat.

But it's OKAY because the cat BIT her. :roll:

Of course, in the instances when I am bitten or scratched by a cat, my response is generally to yank that body part away and not to kick the poor cat.

it probably bit her because it was sick of living with such a dumb ol' bitty

Clearly, cats are ebil feminists.

Clearly, cats are ebil feminists.

Editing because I've thought better of my use of the word "bitch," even in reference to Lori. :roll:

It reminds me of a time that Oprah's website had an article, "Are you a feminist or a feminine-ist?" The author claimed that being a feminine-ist was better because . . . you get to be prettier, I guess? Anyway, the point is that the article was flooded with thousands of comments saying, "I am a feminist."

Lori sure has mastered the art of clickbaiting, hasn't she? First all the Duggar posts, now this. I suppose it's just coincidence that Taylor Swift is everywhere right now.

To be fair, she didn't ACTUALLY kick the cat. She kicked AT the cat. Hit the wall instead. And broke her toe.

Which, to my way of thinking, is a pretty decent punishment for her.

But horrifying that she kicked at the cat hard enough that she broke her damn toe.

I'm a feminist. I also have a gentle and serving personality. I serve my husband and family because I want to. Thanks to feminism, I have a choice.

To be fair, she didn't ACTUALLY kick the cat. She kicked AT the cat. Hit the wall instead. And broke her toe.

But horrifying that she kicked at the cat hard enough that she broke her damn toe.

HA. karma at its finest. :D watch out, lori, if you don't behave with cats, the cat god is comin for ya!

Also, I wonder if Lori has ever actually read the Bible or just leaps on those verses that cast women in her preferred light? Because Jael was no meek and mild simpering fool. Neither was Deborah. I could name quite a few Bible women who kicked ass and took names.

It's too bad that Lori's strong personality wasn't developed in a positive way. She might have been able to accomplish quite a bit. As it is, she's self-hating and has allowed that to creep into every part of her life and spread over to every other woman.

Thanks, polecat. I was misremembering that.

The real story is SO much better! :lol:

Also, I wonder if Lori has ever actually read the Bible or just leaps on those verses that cast women in her preferred light? Because Jael was no meek and mild simpering fool. Neither was Deborah. I could name quite a few Bible women who kicked ass and took names.

The times when people point this out to her, Lori claims that Deborah and Jael only became leaders because the menfolk weren't doing their jobs. Even when it is in the Bible, Lori has a hard time with so-called exceptions.

Was Ken's mother a lap dog? Scolded and took rebuke and begged for forgiveness. :wtf:

The Golden retriever and Lion personality shit is from a couple of Christian Marriage Authors

Dr. Gary Smalley and Dr. John Trent. who used to be on local Christian radio during the time I was deciding if I was going to stop listening all together or let them convince me there was no God, because that is the message I get from Christian talk radio.

Anyway, she's stealing the idea and/or assuming we know the books she is referring to using the phrases.

weirdblog.wordpress.com/2007/02/22/personality-types-lion-beaver-otter-and-golden-retriever/

Lion (Choleric/Dominance)

Strengths– Visionary, practical, productive, strong-willed, independent, decisive, leader

Weaknesses– Cold, domineering, unemotional self-sufficient, unforgiving, sarcastic, cruel

Otter TemperamentOtter (Sanguine/Influence)

Strengths– Outgoing, responsive, warm, friendly, talkative, enthusiastic, compassionate

Weaknesses– Undisciplined, unproductive, exaggerates, egocentric, unstable

Retriever TemperamentGolden Retriever (Phlegmatic/Steadiness)

Strengths– Calm, easy-going, dependable, quiet, objective, diplomatic, humorous

Weaknesses– Selfish, stingy, procrastinator, unmotivated, indecisive, fearful, worrier

Beaver TemperamentBeaver (Melancholy/Compliance)

Strengths– Analytical, self-disciplined, industrious, organized, aesthetic, sacrificing

Weaknesses– Moody, self-centered, touchy, negative, unsociable, critical, revengeful

Archived