IGNORED

Are JB and Michelle getting worse?

Zasha

It was so evident when Michelle squeezed into the middle seat in Ben's truck last season. I just wanted to scream, what are you doing there?

Gosh let them sit next to each other FFS Mullet.

Just because you and Boob did everything but sex before marriage, doesn't mean they will. :evil-eye:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gosh let them sit next to each other FFS Mullet.

Just because you and Boob did everything but sex before marriage, doesn't mean they will. :evil-eye:

What did she honestly think they were going to do in the truck while she was right there? I'm pretty sure Jessa can't have sex with him while she sits in the middle seat and J'Chelle sits in the passenger seat while Bin drives.

Their views are too extremist to keep mainstream Christians on as fans. They are really pushing their fan base to the limit. I'd love to see it topple.

I'm pretty sure they have PLENTY of mainstream Christian fans. If anything, their views may not be conservative ENOUGH for some of the uber hardcore fundies.

You know I've been pondering this for a long time in regards to the Duggars. There is a verse in Proverbs that says "train a child up in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." Why don't they believe this? If they were so sure in what they taught their children about morals and character than they wouldn't have to worry.

I'm pretty sure they have PLENTY of mainstream Christian fans. If anything, their views may not be conservative ENOUGH for some of the uber hardcore fundies.

Fundies aren't watching TV. I think mainstream Christians are starting to get turned off. There's been enough info out there to shed light on their real beliefs. Googling some of what I had read online is what lead me here. That in turn has turned me to researching even more. My mind is blown.

I have no problem with Father-Daughter Dances (as long as no mention of the VCard is at the center of the event) or the occasional outing termed Date Nite with Dad. When I think fundies have jumped the shark is when they start mimicking the whole courting thing or take them to a Purity Ball, etc.

I don't think a father shows his daughter how a man should treat a woman by buying her flowers and getting all dressed up for a special night out a few times a year. A man shows his daughters what they should look for in a partner by how he acts every day. Fundies thumb their nose at regular dating rituals, but I think "courting" perpetuates the fairytale mindset even more so. With such limited contact- how do you know that person's personality?

I have no problem with Father-Daughter Dances (as long as no mention of the VCard is at the center of the event) or the occasional outing termed Date Nite with Dad. When I think fundies have jumped the shark is when they start mimicking the whole courting thing or take them to a Purity Ball, etc.

I don't think a father shows his daughter how a man should treat a woman by buying her flowers and getting all dressed up for a special night out a few times a year. A man shows his daughters what they should look for in a partner by how he acts every day. Fundies thumb their nose at regular dating rituals, but I think "courting" perpetuates the fairytale mindset even more so. With such limited contact- how do you know that person's personality?

You don't to really know them.

What did she honestly think they were going to do in the truck while she was right there? I'm pretty sure Jessa can't have sex with him while she sits in the middle seat and J'Chelle sits in the passenger seat while Bin drives.

When the cameras are on, she cant sit there with the plumbing line ready to swat whatever body part comes close to their partner. Like blanket training, but for kids too big to fit on a blanket.

Or a spray bottle of freezing cold water. Get too close and they get a cold shower.

You know I've been pondering this for a long time in regards to the Duggars. There is a verse in Proverbs that says "train a child up in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." Why don't they believe this? If they were so sure in what they taught their children about morals and character than they wouldn't have to worry.

I think they got caught up in the whole DPIAT/Gothard "Taking our children back for God" militant Christian parenting garbage.

I think they got caught up in the whole DPIAT/Gothard "Taking our children back for God" militant Christian parenting garbage.

A lot of people do get caught up in things, and then think better of it. But I'm not sure that they are capable of changing their minds. It's like they've committed their minds to it and that's that.

A lot of people do get caught up in things, and then think better of it. But I'm not sure that they are capable of changing their minds. It's like they've committed their minds to it and that's that.

I remember when I was 8 or 9 I attended a vacation bible school at a local church and the theme was God's army. It totally flipped me out, I was told I was going to hell for listening to secular music, the whole 9 yards. I told my mom and she kind of brushed it off, thinking it was because I didn't want to go not because there was anything wrong. When she came to the end program she apologized for making me go and doubting just how whackado it was. Now I wonder if it was a Gothard/DPIAT thing. I still remember the lady yelling at us like we were in the army. It certainly wasn't what I was used to.

I don't have a problem with the Daddy - Daughter Dances in general. When my kids were little their Girl Scout Troop had them every year. My nieces Dad wasn't in the picture so one year my oldest son took her, another year her Grandpa did.

The absolute weirdest Daddy-Daughter dance I've ever heard of was one my son-in-law took his 4 year old to recently. It was put on by some private company but held at a community center. I guess they saw a flyer promoting it and decided to go. Got all dressed up, super excited. They go, and it's nicely decorated, treats and snacks, photo opportunities etc. ...sounds great. And some of the music was just generic pop. But also Nicki Minaj :shock: and the " dance lessons" being demonstrated were freaking and twerking and would have done Miley Cyrus proud :shock: :shock: :pink-shock: ....weirdest, creepiest thing ever! The dad said something to the promoter about how VASTLY inappropriate it was, then they left and went to see a Disney Movie.

As far as JB, I think he's just one of those people who doesn't have much of a screen. And is doofy and silly. He actually reminds me of how my dad was. No screen, cringe worthy jokes and all. Fortunately there are other family members with no screen who he could joke with , me, I would just cringe like Jessa.

On a serious note, I think the speculation about sexual abuse is just monumentally irresponsible.

Archived