IGNORED

Baby Dilly is a Boy/It's a Boy for the Dillards MERGED

BeaSnarky

And because they're close, Jennifer will be more likely to WANT to help Jill with the babies, and won't realize until she's 17 that she's raised her sister's children.

I don't think any of the younger siblings would willingly move in with Bessa when they start having kids. Jessa doesn't seem to have a strong bond with any of them, really.

Jessa better hope for female babies....

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always hope these people end up with like 5+ sons in a row and no girls, so they have to rethink the rigid jender roles to stop mother from going insane.

This happened (well, 3 sons in a row) with Zsu. Her eldest three sons do typically 'female' chores like bathing the little ones and preparing food. I suppose necessity negates the gender roles somewhat.

If they name is after Derick's father, let me be the first to propose the nickname 'Little Rickie'.

I was leaning toward some alliteration Dickie Dillard

Or, use use his mom's maiden name as a first name Duggar Dillard, Dug for Short.

This happened (well, 3 sons in a row) with Zsu. Her eldest three sons do typically 'female' chores like bathing the little ones and preparing food. I suppose necessity negates the gender roles somewhat.

The Arndt men are fully involved in domestic chores like cooking and cleaning and laundry primarily because Sissy Wizzie didn't come along until after the first 10 boys. I wish boys come early and often for all fundies.

"I was really excited," says Derick, 25. "As a new dad, to have a firstborn son to be our first child and be the leader of his siblings, it is very special."

Derick, is there any way your firstborn son could be anything BUT your first child?

Derick, is there any way your firstborn son could be anything BUT your first child?

Uhhh, yep... his first child could've been a daughter instead. ;)

That's absolutely creepy that they had Jill's three sibling/kids with them. None of the other siblings. Is the buddy team separation really that strong? Like, the moms of the teams don't interact much with the other sibling/kids? Because that starts to make the Duggars seem like a polygamy family (i know they are NOT - but in practice it seems to work that way).

So Jill knows all her sibling/kids' fears, hopes and dreams, just like a mom should. Michelle could have been the mom to all of them, school teachers keep track of 30 kids. Michelle could have done it, with just random and changeable help from the older kids with baths and other routine things. But she checked out. Setting up permanent buddy teams -- so lazy. Why can't leghumpers see how crazy this is?

Here's the people article:

http://www.people.com/article/jill-dugg ... ecting-son

This made me roll my eyes:

Derek has totally drunk the Koolaid.

I am really hoping that Dericks Mom will reel him back in and remind him he's his own man and responsible enough to make his own decisions, when things get Duggar Crazy. Duggar Crazy- Jimboob wanting to make any type of decision for Jill and Derick , ex: Jim Boob just happen to have a house laying around to let the couple live in after they married- plus for newlyweds they haven't had much privacy since you always see photo's of Jill with her Blessings she raised ,either at their home or at some other function or at the TTH. Jim Boob has his has his little minions spying on the newlyweds stifling the married couples independence. That whole is very controlling.

Derick seems like a very mellow guy who will put up with anything but I think in the future he may have his limits. I hope Cathy and his brother give him the support he can use to stand up to Jboob. If I were his mom I would be very scared for him because Ma and Pa Duggar are extremely controlling. I do think Cathy has a level head though and will be a great support to Derick and guide him how to handle the Duggars in the future if troubles pop up between he and Jill. All hope is not lost on Derick yet.

If its true Jill keeps calling him at work he needs to sit her down and tell her he can lose his job because of her calls. Jill is out of the TTH she needs to find her own path to follow, go out and make new friends who have outside interests and she needs to continue her midwifery.

Sorry if this post is rambling- I had a chemo treatment today and feel weird which is affecting my thinking.

At the beginning of this year she had only met him once and now she's married to him and knocked up with his baby, bound to contributing nothing but giving birth every year until her uterus gives out. We already know the sex of the baby and the wedding hasn't even aired yet. This family is one delicious, 'made-for-TV' mess! :roll:

Why would they take 3 siblings to the sonogram? I think that's weird. It's not like a pregnancy is a big deal in this Duggar family. If they were going to take anyone, why not dericks mom! It's the first one on his side! Ugh, to each his own I guess. I just keep thinking how long jill and derick waited to be alone without a stupid babysitter around and now they always have some kid with them. Come on Michelle, quit pawning off your responsibilities.

I completely agree that one of the younger girls will become Jill's new "big girl". Gives jill a little maid and Michelle one less kid around.

Did anyone notice the picture for the TLC web posting of Jill and dericks shoes? My daughter said good grief with the money they make for these articles you would think they could buy clean shoes or that people magazine's photographers would've thought of it. Jill's shoes were dirty.

On a less snarky note, I am glad it's a healthy baby.

I am glad this baby is a boy, and I hope that the next few are as well. No more sister moms!

That's exactly what I was thinking! I hope the first eight are boys so she can try to handle that with no "older girls" to help.

Why would they take 3 siblings to the sonogram? I think that's weird. It's not like a pregnancy is a big deal in this Duggar family. If they were going to take anyone, why not dericks mom! It's the first one on his side! Ugh, to each his own I guess. I just keep thinking how long jill and derick waited to be alone without a stupid babysitter around and now they always have some kid with them. Come on Michelle, quit pawning off your responsibilities.

I completely agree that one of the younger girls will become Jill's new "big girl". Gives jill a little maid and Michelle one less kid around.

Did anyone notice the picture for the TLC web posting of Jill and dericks shoes? My daughter said good grief with the money they make for these articles you would think they could buy clean shoes or that people magazine's photographers would've thought of it. Jill's shoes were dirty.

They probably took the kids there because TLC thought it would be more fun. I'm sure they are planning on televising it.

I hope this was a gender-only U/S and they already knew all was well with the fetus. I can't imagine the trauma to the sibs and the couple if something seriously wrong had been found. Do these people ever think???

Ehh.. he might have said the same of a girl if that is what it was. Plus, guys usually like to have boys, you know how it goes.

If it had been a random mainstream guy, sure. Coming from someone who's married into ATI, that specific reference to "leader" screams patriarchal gender roles to me.

1. She doesn't look very happy in the pic. Maybe she's just tired from being preggo. Or maybe she wanted a girl and is disappointed.

2. I'm glad it's a boy. I hope their next 5 are also boys so she can't pawn the last eleventy off on the first 6 down the road like what was done to her by her idol.

3. Anyone else think it's weird that she still seems to have her buddy group in tact many months after marriage? Shouldn't the buddy groups have been redistributed by now? It's like she has no other siblings she cares about other than the 3 she raised (and Jana who did all her wedding work for her, of course) OR she is still being expected to take her buddies everywhere by J'Chelle.

I'm sure the use of the house comes with baby sitting duties.

How, if his son was firstborn?

If you have a daughter then have a son, you have a firstborn daughter AND a firstborn son. Or vice versa. I'm my parent's firstborn daughter, even though I have an older brother.

I'm glad they are having a boy!

In fact, I wish all fundie families only boys. At lest for the first 5-7 children. That way, the parents either have to give the boys "girly" jobs, or taking care of the young kids themselves. Would change a whole lot in most families, just look at the Duggars.

Good one!! the Arndt's had 10 or 11 boys before Mary-Elizabeth and the mother said that she taught the olders ones to cook and clean cause she could not do it all.

For once I think people are over analyzing. What Derrick said did not strike me as he sees women as second class citizens-I see it more as him thinking of the stereotypical brother role who will protect his little siblings. Kind of like when my sister said she hopes she has a boy so her son will have someone to roughhouse with. Stereotypical,yes,but offensive,no.

I hope this was a gender-only U/S and they already knew all was well with the fetus. I can't imagine the trauma to the sibs and the couple if something seriously wrong had been found. Do these people ever think???

Well that US with Jubilee was all on-camera, nothing quite like that. :(

The three sibs are Jill's buddy team.

I always hope these people end up with like 5+ sons in a row and no girls, so they have to rethink the rigid jender roles to stop mother from going insane.

That reminds me of an old song from the 1929:

[bBvideo 560,340:2spo4z25]

[/bBvideo]

(Warning: there's a good bit of instrumental before the vocal)

Archived