IGNORED

Baby Dilly is a Boy/It's a Boy for the Dillards MERGED

BeaSnarky

A boy??? Omggggggg, I'm so EXCITED for them. What a PRECIOUS season of life for them! Woohoo!

Oh wait, I just realized. I don't care. :geek:

By the way, sleep when your baby sleeps, Jill, it totally works out!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously, is nothing sacred in these families? Can the newlywed couple not have even ONE private moment between them regarding their first born child?

it just shows you that Michelle and JB just don't care

and that Derick should just legally adopt them

it's pathetic

a 7 year in a ultrasound room and a sad 7 year old to boot

it just shows you that Michelle and JB just don't care

and that Derick should just legally adopt them

it's pathetic

a 7 year in a ultrasound room and a sad 7 year old to boot

A sad 7 year old that was probably thinking she would do anything to trade places with the baby inside Jill's belly. I need to stop before I cry. Jenny is my weak spot :shrug:

I am glad this baby is a boy, and I hope that the next few are as well. No more sister moms!

I always hope these people end up with like 5+ sons in a row and no girls, so they have to rethink the rigid jender roles to stop mother from going insane.

I wish these people would go away. Who the hell cares? Why does it matter and why is it 'news'? Babies are born every day. I'm so disgusted by these people and the fact that they're 'celebrities' scares the hell out of me. It says a lot about society that I would rather not know.

I feel bad for Derick and Jill, they can't have any privacy. And why is she still watching her "buddies" at this point? She's married and out of the house. Time for Michelle to be a mom or reassign buddies, which seems ridiculous since all the kids are old enough to dress themselves and get cereal and juice.

When I went to the ultrasound for my daughter, it was just hubby and I. We called everyone later that day to let them know it was a girl.

When I had ultrasound with my son, my MIL, nephew and daughter came with, but they waited in the waiting room while we found out first. Then we brought our daughter in by her self to tell her and then my MIL and nephew came in and we told them.

I assumed it would be either a boy or a girl...

Did David and Prissilla ever say what they were having (Heck, I don't follow along much, did they have the baby yet?)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a little disappointed and kind of relieved that this was the 'big' announcement.

I was expecting more. Glad to be let down though :lol:

A sad 7 year old that was probably thinking she would do anything to trade places with the baby inside Jill's belly. I need to stop before I cry. Jenny is my weak spot :shrug:

If they really have such a good relationship, Jeny might have asked if she could come and Jill said yes.

But somehow, I do get the feeling that J'Chelle still likes to shift off her responsibilities to Jill.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I checked their blog and they hadn't mentioned anything about the gender. Priscilla is due in Nov.

[dir=rtl][/dir]

"I was really excited," says Derick, 25. "As a new dad, to have a firstborn son to be our first child and be the leader of his siblings, it is very special."

Why, of course. Heaven forbid a firstborn daughter be the leader of her siblings.

And bang goes all the respect I previously had for Derrick. He is already treating his future daughters as second-class citizens. I hope he has nothing but boys - that's as many girls and women to whom I won't have to wish a swift escape from that patriarchy crap.

I wish these people would go away. Who the hell cares? Why does it matter and why is it 'news'? Babies are born every day. I'm so disgusted by these people and the fact that they're 'celebrities' scares the hell out of me. It says a lot about society that I would rather not know.

but it's a Dilly baby. A one in a lifetime event

My guess is they will name the baby after both. Maybe Richard James?

If they name is after Derick's father, let me be the first to propose the nickname 'Little Rickie'.

A part of me thinks it's weird she brought her buddy group with her, but at the same time she is practically a mom to these kids. So of course they are going to want to go with her, or she wants them there.

[dir=rtl][/dir]

And bang goes all the respect I previously had for Derrick. He is already treating his future daughters as second-class citizens. I hope he has nothing but boys - that's as many girls and women to whom I won't have to wish a swift escape from that patriarchy crap.

Ehh.. he might have said the same of a girl if that is what it was. Plus, guys usually like to have boys, you know how it goes.

Unless it was just a bad pic, maybe Jill is having some gender disappointment?

While I'd be 100% in favour of them naming the baby "Boob" and following up with 25 "B" names for the sibs... I kinda think that even the Duggars know that the "J" name list has been run to its ragged end. Too bad for old Jim-Bob!

Omg. What the hell does Michelle do? Michelle raise your own damn kids. Leave your daughter alone. I bet J'chelle is jealous that it's Jill siting on the exam table getting a sonogram done rather than her. All the attention is on Jill now. I'm glad it's a boy. I hope they have all boys. Derrick sounds like an ass. Nothing is private about this family. Way to whore out your unborn child. Poor kid doesn't have a chance at a normal life

The first thing I noticed about the picture with the booties was her bright hot pink finger nails. Initially I thought that's a really great color. Then I thought perhaps she chose that color because she thought she was having a girl, which she admitted to thinking that in the article. I'm sorry for her if she's disappointed.

Well look at the J Girls. The four oldest were/are the leaders of their siblings.

They were Sister Moms. Caretakers, not leaders.

[dir=rtl][/dir]

I agree with you. I read that this morning, and I was like, ohhhhh commmmeee onnnnnn :angry-banghead: I am so sick of this attitude, like "well we would have been happy with a girl, but we're so glad it's a boy!!!!"...and it's certainly not restricted to fundies. His remark makes it sound like he considers women second-best, and that disappoints me.

edited because typos

I like the theory that if they end up with 5+ boys in a row, they'll have to reconsider gender roles or their lifestyle. However, the truth would be Jennifer would be their sister mom.... They don't need to free jenni from the TTH just to lock her up in the stoneybrook house caring for Jill's children.

Why does this seem like a likely scenario and not just a hypothetical one??? :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :pull-hair:

(edited because grammar)

Welp, so much for me thinking it's a girl, at any rate.

I was hoping that Jill was seeing her buddy team regularly because she wanted to, and not because her neglectful parents insisted on it. Maybe she keeps them with her because she wants to, but I can just imagine Michelle on the phone with Jill on a daily basis:

"Now Jill, remember how much the little ones look up to you and miss you, and keep in mind that we have to have a servant's heart and think of others first, especially during this season of life. I know you and Derick had something special planned for just the two of you, but your father and I are having our weekly date night, and wouldn't it be wonderful and special if the little ones could tag along with you?" :roll:

I like the theory that if they end up with 5+ boys in a row, they'll have to reconsider gender roles or their lifestyle. However, the truth would be Jennifer would be their sister mom.... They don't need to free jenni from the TTH just to lock her up in the stoneybrook house caring for Jill's children.

Why does this seem like a likely scenario and not just a hypothetical one??? :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :pull-hair:

(edited because grammar)

And because they're close, Jennifer will be more likely to WANT to help Jill with the babies, and won't realize until she's 17 that she's raised her sister's children.

I don't think any of the younger siblings would willingly move in with Bessa when they start having kids. Jessa doesn't seem to have a strong bond with any of them, really.

Archived