IGNORED

Maxwell "God's Plan" post

WonderingInWA

Long time lurker, first time poster. My comment was approved and confirms nothing is happening. Just filler.

I kinda thought excessive exclamation points would get it through. This is the first one I got through! :D

Welcome and congratulations on being published! (not here, on Tits2...) :lol: And for getting them to address the mystery...

On their next post, about the aunties, "Johnna" strikes again:

Aunties are so special. I have a sister who never married and has been one of the best influences in my children’s lives. She done things with them and for them that she would never have been able to do if God had sent her a husband and children of her own. She thanks me for having nieces and a nephew for her. I thank God for giving my kids the best auntie they could ask for. You three I’m sure are excellent aunties. The little ones always look as if they are having so much fun with you all. Blessings to all of you.

:clap:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^^

Hmmm. :counts exclamation points on comments: Aha!

I hope everything is okay. You are in my family’s prayers every night!!!

>>>>>

Thank you. No hidden message. Our Lord is good. Thank you for your prayers; we do always need them.

Congratulations. :mrgreen: And Welcome!

Why can't I find that comment on Titus2?

It's the first comment on the October 21 post.

Not Johnna's post but biblehumper's post.

oops, sorry.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Look at the next to last one on the "God's Plans" post with the nice sunset photo.

I vote we hook up Sarah Maxwell and JD. They both seem to be in no hurry to find someone. Who knows, we might have them sidehugging by Christmas!

I vote we hook up Sarah Maxwell and JD. They both seem to be in no hurry to find someone. Who knows, we might have them sidehugging by Christmas!

The real fun would be watching Steve and Jim Bob battle each other for control over that "young" couple.

I see the Maxwells are having fun!. Yes, I said it. They are actually outdoors and having fun. Someone's had an epiphany or theophany; I don't know which.

I see the Maxwells are having fun!. Yes, I said it. They are actually outdoors and having fun. Someone's had an epiphany or theophany; I don't know which.

It may look like fun, but that's the point. It's still the Maxwells doing what the Maxwells do. Posing for pictures and 'showing' the world how their lives are perfect, happy, joyful and hey, don't you want to be this happy too? Look at our smiles and joy! Look at the laughter! Look. At. Us.

For the normal, average family, a day hanging out in the back yard is...a day. It is what it is. It serves its purpose, the kids work off energy, we all have fun. But then, we go back to real life which involves differences of opinion, different choices, preferences, real emotions and feelings - that include frustration and anger and exhaustion and "I am done" kind of thinking.

They post their pictures to promote themselves. Not to actually share their lives, but to sell their lives.

I thought they were not allowed to play sports or games. Doesn't trackball (or whatever it is) violate that sacred rule?

Saw that also!

^^^^

Hmmm. :counts exclamation points on comments: Aha!

Congratulations. :mrgreen: And Welcome!

Why am I not surprised? My guess is that visits nosedived after alllllllll the wedding posts, so a somewhat mysterious message was posted. :roll:

No doubt the new post is self-promotion but... it is fun which is anathema for the Maxwells and it might even be misconstrued as a sport. So someone is caving in and changing their attitude in order to promote the lifestyle.

Newest post says NR-Anna's baby is ok, so no miscarriage. Yay! Is this post a reaction to FJ? Inquiring minds want to know.

I have to say that I just LOVE NR-Anna and would love to have coffee (or drinks) with her. She seems so amazingly happy and content in her chosen (required?) life. As others have frequently noted on FJ she just seems really happy. What I see is a happiness that is not just being resigned to the life she has to live but real, actual happiness and contentment that I don't generally see in the general population. How wonderful for her. I just always wonder what her secret is.

It occurs to me that this post could be Sarah's way of reassuring herself that God's timing is perfect and that she needs to repress any feelings of resentment or dissatisfaction that she has been raised to be a wife and mother and isn't either. If that's true it makes me sad, as I want so much for her to find her heart's desire.

That makes perfect sense.

It's similar to her post a couple weeks ago in which she noted all the ppl they had met who were really struggling with shitty circumstances. It read like she was bludgeoning herself over the head to convince herself that her depression (clinical or otherwise) was simply a sign of selfishness and ingratitude. After all, there were ppl doing a much better job of being happy and content even though they had lost their home/spouse/health/whatever.

Mrs Patty is John-marie and Cathy Jo's mother.

Is JD John Marie? I haven't read the comments so I have no context, but they are his initials.

I think the anti-sports stance was mostly about not playing with those dirty non-family people, in organized teams of bad influences and heathens.

I don't know if they also avoided sports within the family, or if competition was verboten. They are big on exercise, but I don't remember pictures or blog entries about their playing a competitive, equipment-using game before.

I do have a copy of Keeping Your Children's Brains Hearts (purchased used -- I assure you the Maxwells will never get a penny of my money) -- if I have time later and can handle the sinking feeling Steve's prose gives me, maybe I'll try to find more detail.

I vaguely recall they don't like games where there is a winner. But they could have just be playing around at trackball, but not playing it as an actual game.

As far as I can recall from my reading of "Hearts," the main problems with sports are:

• playing of the sport itself can become an idol (it provides goals that are other than "serving Jesus")
  • if the sport has any sort of professional leagues, you'll get sucked into watching it on TV and waste all your time cheering for pointless stuff and neglecting your family - this is a bad "appetite"
  • if you let your kids belong to a league or otherwise have formal coaching, the kids might end up respecting the coach as an authority figure, which is not good because only Daddy truly knows what the proper direction and goals for his family are

Competition itself I'm not sure if it was forbidden or not, but I can imagine (just riffing on my own here) them maybe having a problem with it if it starts making the family think that it's not one unit, or something. Though the Maxwells have posted about friendly little "who can pack the most books fastest" type little things, so I don't know.

As long as the "sport" is not organized and bears NO resemblance to any sports that are televised with leagues maybe it's ok. So racing around kicking a ball in the yard, probably okay (though you shouldn't waste too much time doing it!) but if you start playing actual football you might end up with an "appetite" for watching college or pro ball and that would be really bad, so best not get involved.

They don't have fun, they just paint on fake smiles for the camera. Just imagine, Steve yells everyone look happy smile. 3 seconds later in the house for more bible time

Archived