IGNORED

Maxwell "God's Plan" post

WonderingInWA

I'm about to be extremely insensitive, but here goes. If Anna Marie has had a miscarriage (which I truly hope that she has not. I wouldn't wish that on anyone), maybe Christopher will take a second look at how he treats Nathan. It's been speculated upon that the two brothers do not like each other due to Nathan marrying "liberal." If Chris takes Melanie's miscarriages to mean that her and Nathan haven't lived conservatively enough and their courtship wasn't of the "perfect," no-touch variety, maybe something like this would serve to humble him a bit. Or maybe not, who knows.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's been speculated upon that the two brothers do not like each other due to Nathan marrying "liberal." If Chris takes Melanie's miscarriages to mean that her and Nathan haven't lived conservatively enough and their courtship wasn't of the "perfect," no-touch variety....

I have heard this but I have never actually seen any evidence or anything to support this theory. What happened that makes people think this?

I'm about to be extremely insensitive, but here goes. If Anna Marie has had a miscarriage (which I truly hope that she has not. I wouldn't wish that on anyone), maybe Christopher will take a second look at how he treats Nathan. It's been speculated upon that the two brothers do not like each other due to Nathan marrying "liberal." If Chris takes Melanie's miscarriages to mean that her and Nathan haven't lived conservatively enough and their courtship wasn't of the "perfect," no-touch variety, maybe something like this would serve to humble him a bit. Or maybe not, who knows.

There's an awful lot of speculation right there.

There's an awful lot of speculation right there.

I don't disagree, but isn't speculation FJ's MO? It's not like the Maxwells throw us too many bones about what their daily life is REALLY like, or what they REALLY think about one another. I have to find something to say about them after dozens of posts about washing Uriah's winshield. :lol:

I have heard this but I have never actually seen any evidence or anything to support this theory. What happened that makes people think this?

Something about how they never seem to be sitting next to each other and don't always attend "events" at each others houses?? And there is no evidence Melanie and Nathan are "liberal" by any stretch other than that some of her siblings are not ultra fundy.

There's speculation and then there's fanfiction. I find nothing wrong with either, no handslapping here since I've also been known to ride the Idle Speculation Bus - but I do find it interesting how quickly certain bits of Maxwell "fanon" get picked up and spun as "canon" with relatively little evidence behind them.

The big news is that Terri was making an idol of the burritos- taking so many days to make, turning it into the highlight of their week- so they will no longer eat burritos. They will eat enchiladas, because tostadas are so immodest, splayed open and showing all their luscious filling like that.

Maybe they are cutting out eating animal crackers as a step toward vegetarianism.

Something about how they never seem to be sitting next to each other and don't always attend "events" at each others houses?? And there is no evidence Melanie and Nathan are "liberal" by any stretch other than that some of her siblings are not ultra fundy.

I wouldn't call Nate and Mel "liberal" but Mel's family is liberal compared to Maxwell standards-women wear pants, work outside the home, go to college, sing in country bands even though they have conservative beliefs. As for the brothers not sitting next to each other I have noticed that too. Also when Chris/Anna have the family over for dinner Nate and his family are never there.

I wouldn't call Nate and Mel "liberal" but Mel's family is liberal compared to Maxwell standards-women wear pants, work outside the home, go to college, sing in country bands even though they have conservative beliefs. As for the brothers not sitting next to each other I have noticed that too. Also when Chris/Anna have the family over for dinner Nate and his family are never there.

The older brothers and their wives are usually on either side of a whole group of little kids. Last group dinner photo I saw Nathan and Melanie were on one side and Christopher/Anna were framing the kids on the other.

Also, Melanie is from the church the Maxwells attended before the arrival of the Word of Steve. I am pretty sure her mom is still dresses only and it is only a sister or two who broke ranks.

There's speculation and then there's fanfiction. I find nothing wrong with either, no handslapping here since I've also been known to ride the Idle Speculation Bus - but I do find it interesting how quickly certain bits of Maxwell "fanon" get picked up and spun as "canon" with relatively little evidence behind them.

I agree completely - it is pretty amazing how that happens. I think it really is less to do with us being stalkerish nuts and more to do with the Evil Genius of Steve. He gives you just enough grain for the mill without giving anything away of substance.

The older brothers and their wives are usually on either side of a whole group of little kids. Last group dinner photo I saw Nathan and Melanie were on one side and Christopher/Anna were framing the kids on the other.

Also, Melanie is from the church the Maxwells attended before the arrival of the Word of Steve. I am pretty sure her mom is still dresses only and it is only a sister or two who broke ranks.

Mealanie's mom, sisters (except possibly one), and sisters-in-law all wear pants. If Mel is dresses only (which I'm assuming) and not just dresses only with Steve and company she appears to be an exception. The Mahers also drink, dance, and watch tv.

New post up. I'm convinced now NR Anna had a miscarriage cuz Sarah posts this: Little ones bring so much joy. Take a moment to give the closest one a hug and tell them how much you love them.

Now after yet another post about the Aunties' Park, I'm thinking there was really no new news at all. "God's Plans" was just a throwaway post because Sarah couldn't think of anything else.

New post up. I'm convinced now NR Anna had a miscarriage cuz Sarah posts this: Little ones bring so much joy. Take a moment to give the closest one a hug and tell them how much you love them.

It does sound potentially sad, but it could be potentially happy (sometimes hard to tell the difference with these folks). Is it too soon for Elissa to "+" a pee stick?

Maybe Mel had another miscarriage. I think Anna is well into her 2nd trimester. Since the announced her pregnancy, they would have to say something if she miscarried. Mel could have had an early miscarriage, thus, they could be vague...

Maybe she just wanted to show Jesse's pretty photo. She says in the comments that he took it on an iPhone, which ties into the latest one ton ramp course.

I don't give the Maxwells credit for much but, I can't imagine they would "tease" a miscarriage. That seems beyond the pale even for them.

It's the Maxwells. I wouldn't put it pass them

Maybe she just wanted to show Jesse's pretty photo. She says in the comments that he took it on an iPhone, which ties into the latest one ton ramp course.

Pretty sad that an amateur photog like Jesse and his iPhone is better than pro Chris and his expensive equipment.

Mealanie's mom, sisters (except possibly one), and sisters-in-law all wear pants. If Mel is dresses only (which I'm assuming) and not just dresses only with Steve and company she appears to be an exception. The Mahers also drink, dance, and watch tv.

The Mahers were dresses only and homeschooling fundies at one point. Maybe that has changed, but I thought it was only the sisters who had broken out

The Mahers were dresses only and homeschooling fundies at one point. Maybe that has changed, but I thought it was only the sisters who had broken out

They home schooled but I don't know that there was evidence that they were dresses only. We have very little to go on about the Mahers pre-facebook other than some wedding pictures.

My speculation is that Stevie was killed in a horrific ceiling fan accident. He was standing under the fan directing the the ladies on cleaning it and quoting the bible, when the fan spontaneously detached itself from the wall, and decapitated him.

He was preaching about DEATH.

They are waiting three days to see if he arises.

I am pretty sure they were at the Maxwells' dresses only church before the Maxwells started the Church of the Holy Nursing Home Common Room

Archived