IGNORED

Adeye upset at clinic practicing sound medicine

mystikchick17

that is rather odd as well. if a clinic or doctor agreed to do this without seeing her first, i would seriously doubt the ethics of that doctor or clinic. and if that general ethics can be questioned, i think that could bring into question quite a few other things...plus, i have no clue how she's figuring on how she'll be followed throughout the pregnancy (if it will even take). ugh. i almost have to wonder if this is a front story so that she can give an end result to the whole snowflake adoption saga and focus on "moving to south africa". how much you wanna bet none of the embryos will take? hmmm. i have to wonder how much she's garnered in donations for this thing.

as far as the embryos being shipped, as far as i know, as long as they're shipped properly, they should be fine. at least, that's what i would figure.

God help me for defending Adeye, but Jen from the little couple traveled for her egg retrievals while they were still trying for a surrogate pregnancy. She saw the Dr. in LA(?) but was getting the shots and being monitored in TX before returning to LA for the retrieval. So this could be something similar. It's a complicated way of doing things but it might have been necessary for Adeye to find a clinic that was willing to work with her.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God help me for defending Adeye, but Jen from the little couple traveled for her egg retrievals while they were still trying for a surrogate pregnancy. She saw the Dr. in LA(?) but was getting the shots and being monitored in TX before returning to LA for the retrieval. So this could be something similar. It's a complicated way of doing things but it might have been necessary for Adeye to find a clinic that was willing to work with her.

oh i don't doubt you can travel for something like this, she just didn't mention too much of the clinic's involvement, so i didn't know if they had even seen her or if she had been seen or followed by anyone. she's pretty shady on those details, methinks because it's not really happening the way she says it's happening. see my quote of myself above, predicting travel would be required for this whole thing. guess who gets to fund this whole thing? why, her loyal readers of course, who have no accounting of where their donations are going or what they're being used for. one would think someone on the up and up who is accepting donations like this would be detailing more about her treatment and any trips, etc., that are required. it all just smells very fishy to me.

and, of course, several posts back, after posting about the impending move, she of course has to post to update people because she's getting all sorts of messages asking about the adoption and asking about medical care for the kids. curious. i wonder if she actually did receive any messages or if she found fj and started reading our concerns here. just kind of odd how she was all about the move, not mentioning the adoption/transfer thing at all, and then all of a sudden she got a bunch of messages and had to update her readers. seems a little convenient.

I'm not Some where that I can watch the video she posted today. Did she say how many were successfully thawed?

ETA:

She posted that three did not survive the thaw.

Well thank dog for small miracles, so hopefully the worst case scenario should be twins.

I operated under the assumption that they did this cockamamie embroyo adoption because they encountered someone with four damaged embroyos that no one would implant. NO., they started this process first, thinking they wanted a baby but no one would let them have their embroyos due to their family situation.

So, this wasn't a case of her seeing another need and incapable of saying no. They sought out having a baby in the midst of their chaotic life. They went with embroyo adoption because it's just so much more attention getting than admitting you are seeking infertility treatments with donor embroyos. But, that's exactly what they did. And they can expect to have a 7th significantly high needs baby if this embroyo implants, since the entire batch was believed to be genetically compromised. nope, that's not playing God at ALL.

I think it is for the best that three didn't survive the thaw. Quadruplets would be so hard for Adeye to deal with, with her family size and number of kids with special needs. One is going to be tough enough!

I wonder what kind of special needs this embryo could potentially have-did she ever say what the living children of the donor had?

If she believed they were alive before she tampered with them and now they aren't - does it also mean because of her actions they were murdered? Is that a logical train of thought or am I misunderstanding her beliefs?

If she believed they were alive before she tampered with them and now they aren't - does it also mean because of her actions they were murdered? Is that a logical train of thought or am I misunderstanding her beliefs?

They had to be thawed for any procedure, so unless they were to remain "alive" and frozen indefinitely I can't imagine she thinks she killed them. She was giving them their only chance at life and the risk of none surviving thawing was part of that (her words, certainly not mine!).

Looks like she deleted the old posts about the health issues with the embryos. (Link to other FJ discussion of the old posts)

viewtopic.php?f=170&t=20428

I am so confused by this whole story.

Those are different embryos I think-this post claims there were two left over embryos, but Adeye was going to implant four left over embryos.

Oh please. It was me who gave the wrong term, and I've actually done it twice, unsuccessfully. We're not in medical school here, and most OBs don't even know the correct terms. At least I didn't use angel embryos or snowflake babies or whatever they are calling that sleeve of "adopted" embryos.

Noted that it's ok to perpetuate inaccurate information or terms because Idoloatry said so and "lots of peopled don't know the correct terms."

:angry-banghead:

I wasn't criticizing and don't care WHO gave the wrong term. I was providing the correct information, because as some of my friends/coworkers know from personal experience, the incorrect information can hurt.

Noted that it's ok to perpetuate inaccurate information or terms because Idoloatry said so and "lots of peopled don't know the correct terms."

:angry-banghead:

I wasn't criticizing and don't care WHO gave the wrong term. I was providing the correct information, because as some of my friends/coworkers know from personal experience, the incorrect information can hurt.

LOL. Well, my OBGYN's resident got the terms wrong, way worse than that, and that's, you know an actual doctor. I got over it, and so will you.

If the way one term is being used is your biggest problem with this thread, maybe you should read the rest of it.

LOL. Well, my OBGYN's resident got the terms wrong, way worse than that, and that's, you know an actual doctor. I got over it, and so will you.

If the way one term is being used is your biggest problem with this thread, maybe you should read the rest of it.

I think you've gone a bit OTT here, Rowan was just telling us the correct term. So you already know it, great!

Not sure why you seem so furious at her correcting you.

Well thank dog for small miracles, so hopefully the worst case scenario should be twins.

I operated under the assumption that they did this cockamamie embroyo adoption because they encountered someone with four damaged embroyos that no one would implant. NO., they started this process first, thinking they wanted a baby but no one would let them have their embroyos due to their family situation.

So, this wasn't a case of her seeing another need and incapable of saying no. They sought out having a baby in the midst of their chaotic life. They went with embroyo adoption because it's just so much more attention getting than admitting you are seeking infertility treatments with donor embroyos. But, that's exactly what they did. And they can expect to have a 7th significantly high needs baby if this embroyo implants, since the entire batch was believed to be genetically compromised. nope, that's not playing God at ALL.

That is EXACTLY the issue. Intentionally setting out to find embryos BECAUSE they likely have severe genetic defects is TOTALLY DIFFERENT from loving the kid you get, who just happens to have a severe genetic illness defect.

Adeye's approach to her EXISTING kids w/disabilities leaves a great deal to be desired -- particularly Haven, the SN girl she adopted from China. The girl doesn't speak and Adeye is COOL with it, because she feels the fam understands the girl so well SHE DOES NOT NEED WORDS. So, no therapy for Haven!

Um, no. Hell no. Just no.

Every kid needs a way to communicate -- if Haven cannot speak, well, there's sign language, AAC systems, iPad with talker app and probably many other ways to teach a kid who is physically unable to speak to COMMUNICATE.

That is EXACTLY the issue. Intentionally setting out to find embryos BECAUSE they likely have severe genetic defects is TOTALLY DIFFERENT from loving the kid you get, who just happens to have a severe genetic illness defect.

Adeye's approach to her EXISTING kids w/disabilities leaves a great deal to be desired -- particularly Haven, the SN girl she adopted from China. The girl doesn't speak and Adeye is COOL with it, because she feels the fam understands the girl so well SHE DOES NOT NEED WORDS. So, no therapy for Haven!

Um, no. Hell no. Just no.

Every kid needs a way to communicate -- if Haven cannot speak, well, there's sign language, AAC systems, iPad with talker app and probably many other ways to teach a kid who is physically unable to speak to COMMUNICATE.

I think she's mentioned that Haven has a therapist but that progress has been extremely slow. Haven also spoke once but then stopped doing so.

But you're right, she never mentioned any alternative means of communication like sign or talking-apps because everything is 500% sunshine and jesus and perfectly imperfect for Adeye.

I sometimes wonder if Haven would do better in a smaller family with more time to just talk to her and be patient and less chaos (because she has PTSD and I expect, anxiety) and I don't know if a house full of loud children is helpful for that at all. But I'm no child psychologist so what do I know.

I do know that in a Vice Documentary about some "last chance" high school this kid lost his ability o speak because of he had set his couch on fire accidentally (playing with a lighter) and he panicked, couldn't move, the fire took over and put his sisters in a coma. They lived by the PTSD afterwards made it very difficult for him to talk and it took a lot of one-on-one time with very, very devoted teachers. I am happy Haven goes to school now, where I would think they would have some such resources as iPads and maybe kids that sign and would like to sign with her.

I think she's mentioned that Haven has a therapist but that progress has been extremely slow. Haven also spoke once but then stopped doing so.

But you're right, she never mentioned any alternative means of communication like sign or talking-apps because everything is 500% sunshine and jesus and perfectly imperfect for Adeye.

I sometimes wonder if Haven would do better in a smaller family with more time to just talk to her and be patient and less chaos (because she has PTSD and I expect, anxiety) and I don't know if a house full of loud children is helpful for that at all. But I'm no child psychologist so what do I know.

I do know that in a Vice Documentary about some "last chance" high school this kid lost his ability o speak because of he had set his couch on fire accidentally (playing with a lighter) and he panicked, couldn't move, the fire took over and put his sisters in a coma. They lived by the PTSD afterwards made it very difficult for him to talk and it took a lot of one-on-one time with very, very devoted teachers. I am happy Haven goes to school now, where I would think they would have some such resources as iPads and maybe kids that sign and would like to sign with her.

Then when they move, Haven will lose the progress she has made. Out of all the kids, she is the one who will suffer from this move.

That's assuming they actually move to South Africa. Flying while pregnant - especially a high risk pregnancy - can be rather dangerous. They have nine kids, so that's eleven plan tickets. At about $2K a pop. Depending on layovers, it can take over 24 hours to get there, with stops in London, possibly Dubai, and then finally in ZA. Where are they getting $22k just for their tickets and how do they expect to manage 9 children, six of whom with special needs, during all that?? She can't even afford this IVF treatment without help. There's no way they can afford to move to ZA.

That's assuming they actually move to South Africa. Flying while pregnant - especially a high risk pregnancy - can be rather dangerous. They have nine kids, so that's eleven plan tickets. At about $2K a pop. Depending on layovers, it can take over 24 hours to get there, with stops in London, possibly Dubai, and then finally in ZA. Where are they getting $22k just for their tickets and how do they expect to manage 9 children, six of whom with special needs, during all that?? She can't even afford this IVF treatment without help. There's no way they can afford to move to ZA.

It sounds like they have some sort of organizational sponsor. And she does have her kids without special needs to presumably help with siblings during the trip.

It's not practical but I will say that I think Adeye is the type that can power through her crazy ideas. She clearly has made moves and countless flights for adoption before.

If her transfer date was 1/26 for a five day blastocyst, her post-transfer beta draw at a reproductive endocrinologist (assuming she is even working with someone local anymore) would be at about 10 days or so, so in a couple days. It might even already show up on a home HCG test.

Hope my exact medical terms are OK, MCAT police.

It looks like the last embryo didn't survive. I'm terrified to know where this woman is going next. Africa, of course, but just think of all the disabilities she can find there...

And bonus points, if she runs an orphanage, she can have an unlimited number of children. I mean, who cares about the kids she already has? Not her.

Wait a minute .. she's been in touch with the biological mother of the embryos all this time? And this woman is thankful that she no longer has to think about them every day and wonder what will become of them?? If this woman wanted her embryos so badly then why didn't she find a clinic with "staff that valued life" and transfer them herself? And why would Adeye even have her contact info? I admit I'm clueless when it comes to this embryo adoption thing, but when you can't contact your sperm donor and even organ donors don't have contact with their recipients, I find it odd that embryo donors would have contact with the people intending to adopt the embryos.

How does embryo adoption work? Do you have to legally adopt them once their born? Since the woman is physically giving birth, it is just assumed it is her child? Can the biological parents attempt to claim "their" child later? Why does this even exist? Why would anyone create embryos if they don't intend to transfer them? I mean they can freeze eggs and sperm and just make the embryos when the time comes. And they can just opt out of genetic screening if they want to. And isn't it safer to freeze eggs and sperm than embryos? They last longer and generally survive the thaw when they're just sperm and egg versus embryos don't they??

It looks like the last embryo didn't survive

why am i not surprised. :roll:

Wait a minute .. she's been in touch with the biological mother of the embryos all this time? And this woman is thankful that she no longer has to think about them every day and wonder what will become of them?? If this woman wanted her embryos so badly then why didn't she find a clinic with "staff that valued life" and transfer them herself? And why would Adeye even have her contact info? I admit I'm clueless when it comes to this embryo adoption thing, but when you can't contact your sperm donor and even organ donors don't have contact with their recipients, I find it odd that embryo donors would have contact with the people intending to adopt the embryos.

How does embryo adoption work? Do you have to legally adopt them once their born? Since the woman is physically giving birth, it is just assumed it is her child? Can the biological parents attempt to claim "their" child later? Why does this even exist? Why would anyone create embryos if they don't intend to transfer them? I mean they can freeze eggs and sperm and just make the embryos when the time comes. And they can just opt out of genetic screening if they want to. And isn't it safer to freeze eggs and sperm than embryos? They last longer and generally survive the thaw when they're just sperm and egg versus embryos don't they??

I believe that fertilized eggs store better than unfertilized. Sperm can be frozen without problems, but eggs are more delicate.

I believe that fertilized eggs store better than unfertilized. Sperm can be frozen without problems, but eggs are more delicate.

Delicate. That was the word I was looking for.

Archived