IGNORED

Adeye upset at clinic practicing sound medicine

mystikchick17

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I dated a guy who was born in SA and came to the states as a child. It's definitely a thriving country, at least in some areas. But even he said, as much as he loved it there, he wouldn't move back now because he has child and the school systems aren't that amazing. (If he didn't have his child, he would move back in a heartbeat) Anyhow, he became a US citizen but still maintains his SA citizenship, so it's quite likely that Adeye still has her SA citizenship, as would the children who were born there. In fact, any children she has would be SA citizens if she filed the proper paperwork. Even her husband would get citizenship. I'm not sure what is all required, as my relationship with him never got to that level, but we did discuss it and it didn't seem like it was terribly difficult. It only got to be an issue if your passport expired and you didn't keep up with the paperwork in time.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hah. I KNEW someone had to be talking about this, and you deliver! Having your own pseudo-orphanage of adopted kids isn't enough, so... let's just go for broke and open an actual orphanage, I guess.

But yeah. End of May. Assuming she implanted the embryos (wasn't that supposed to happen Dec 12 or so?) she'd be well into pregnancy.

Or has that not worked out for some reason? Or was the implantation February as Idolatry has?

I have some more mundane questions though - I know that Adeye is originally from S. Africa but then naturalized to the US in order to qualify to adopt one or more of the kids (husband was too old). So does she not have SA citizenship anymore? Meanwhile, what citizenship is her husband? Was he American originally? I think he was, which is why they could move ("back" for him) to the US to start with. And of course all the adopted kids are US citizens since they were adopted to the US by a US citizen dad. Bio kids maybe are SA citizens too from Mom, dunno. Actually maybe the adoptees who were adopted while Adeye was still only SA citizen also became SA citizens through her?

But point being, what kinda visa will they get? Or maybe Adeye can still claim SA citizenship too? (One country can't force you to give up another country's citizenship, but countries can drop you from their own rolls if you go naturalize somewhere else, so I guess it depends on what SA did.)

I'm just randomly curious... I guess the kids will continue to all be homeschooled?

Because GOD!!11!1!!1!

...though I find it interesting that in all of her posts she always talks about asking God again and again and again and he keeps saying "No" until finally he says "yes." That sounds like desires coming from the HUMAN half of things and God is just GIVING IN, but hey, I'm just a heathen.

The oldest boys (the biokids) are originally FROM South Africa so it might not be too horribly bad for them since they do have fond memories and relatives there, but the whole "uprooting" thing as got to suck, and the "being unpaid workers in a giant missionary orphanage" has GOT to suck, and yeah, what about their plans for higher education and careers and whatever? Plus their one other kid who is on track for normal career (oldest daughter) was born in China and lived the rest of her life in the US, so that's definitely an extra big move for her. Heck, what visa is SHE going to have?

I suppose the older kids might be thinking to do this for a few years and then move back to the US for university, but... yeah this whole thing is just SO damn out of left field.

Also tell me how the for the younger kids this isn't basically going right back into an orphanage, albeit possibly a kinder one?

She started shots for the implantation process recently and last said it would be about two-three more weeks before they thaw the embryos and if they survive the thaw, they will implant them in her. Me thinks she thinks they will not and none will live so she will most likely not be pregnant in May anyway. She just likes playing the martyr. See what a wonderful pro-life Christian she is! She went through all this trouble to give embryos a chance at life! Yeah...spare me. :violin:

Just a quick note - the process is to transfer the embryos. Implantation is when the embryo actually embeds itself into the uterine lining and starts to develop the placenta and amniotic sac. This happens (or not) dependent upon the embryo, the uterus, hormones, and any number of things. It's not a guarantee that it will happen. What Adeye wants to have happen is to have the embryos introduced into her uterus from externally - it's a transfer from one location to another and then of course once that is done, she wants them to implant (FSM help us all and those poor kids she already has if it does happen). I know many people say "implant" when they mean "transfer" but it's a big difference in the IVF process.

Just a quick note - the process is to transfer the embryos. Implantation is when the embryo actually embeds itself into the uterine lining and starts to develop the placenta and amniotic sac. This happens (or not) dependent upon the embryo, the uterus, hormones, and any number of things. It's not a guarantee that it will happen. What Adeye wants to have happen is to have the embryos introduced into her uterus from externally - it's a transfer from one location to another and then of course once that is done, she wants them to implant (FSM help us all and those poor kids she already has if it does happen). I know many people say "implant" when they mean "transfer" but it's a big difference in the IVF process.

I meant to say process thinking the goal is for the embryos to implant and grow, but yes, transfer is a much more accurate word for the process.

I don't think it is a good idea for her to be opening an orphanage and having her kids (who were raised in abusive ones) to be around that kind of environment. Its not exactly something that gives them positive memories, even if Adeye would never be involved with an orphanage that abuse and neglect the kids in its care, its still an orphanage and having their parents move them to a strange country and start running one might be a bit confusing for them, or make them worry about her sending them back.

I meant to say process thinking the goal is for the embryos to implant and grow, but yes, transfer is a much more accurate word for the process.

You certainly weren't the first, or only one - I had just reached my threshold of "must say something!"

I have a coworker currently going through the process and another who just delivered her baby this week. So there have been a few conversations about this at work, and I did hear them talking a few times that people saying "implant" would kinda grate at them, because they were constantly hoping that the transferred embryos *would* implant - but they weren't. :-( So when people talked about the process as implantation rather than transfer, it felt like even more of a failure when it wasn't successful because their bodies were skipping that crucial step that people seemed to assume was just automatic. My heart breaks a little whenever I talk to the coworker that's still trying and I hear that it hasn't worked yet.

I will assume Adeye has already decided the embryos won't implant, and her responses in the comments certainly sound that way. Of course, she already needs to one up herself before she has finished her last martyr stunt, so by all means go start an orphanage for special needs kids.

She has NO awareness that she can have the best of intentions but the damage she can do to all the kids she wants to collect is not better than the orphanages she rescued her European kids from when she cannot learn to stop collecting and is already in way over her head.

There is something VERY valuable in learning to say enough....but I suspect she garners a McMama level of income off that blog, and they can forfeit the thousands CO pays them for collecting if they return to SA where the advertising dollars from her blog and his investments will go further.

Or they'll just put out the virtual begging bowl.

connect.egiving.com/send-the-salems-to-south-africa/pure-and-faultless

you know, at last mention in this thread, she raised $2400 for the embryo transfer...no word of what is being done with that money, but it's pretty obvious that this isn't going to pan out. i wonder what will happen to any funds raised if they all of sudden decide not to go god closes the door to that ministry.

I will assume Adeye has already decided the embryos won't implant, and her responses in the comments certainly sound that way. Of course, she already needs to one up herself before she has finished her last martyr stunt, so by all means go start an orphanage for special needs kids.

She has NO awareness that she can have the best of intentions but the damage she can do to all the kids she wants to collect is not better than the orphanages she rescued her European kids from when she cannot learn to stop collecting and is already in way over her head.

There is something VERY valuable in learning to say enough....but I suspect she garners a McMama level of income off that blog, and they can forfeit the thousands CO pays them for collecting if they return to SA where the advertising dollars from her blog and his investments will go further.

Not the blog directly through ad revenue, but certainly through that BS "healthfood" product she hawks and feeds Hasya.

There are not enough eye rolls for this situation.

Just a quick note - the process is to transfer the embryos.

Ah yes. I definitely meant the part involving the doctor and the big syringe, or however they do it - the scheduled part. :) (I'm with you on doubting the odds of these then implanting, if they even survive to get transferred.)

I was just checking her blog to see if the big day happened, because there is no way she won't blog about it, is there? and came across this completely other out of left field one up WTF "moving back to SA" post, and had to come here!

...so thinking some more about this whole "open an orphanage for special needs kids" thing and it's making me wonder.

She's got kids that came from some pretty horrible orphanage situations, who waited and waited and finally got chosen, got taken out of the orphanage, to live with a family. Surely "not being in an orphanage anymore" is huge.

But if your adopted family not only gets crazy amounts of kids, but actually BECOMES an orphanage again, what then? You're technically not one of the "wards" right, because you just live there and it's your family business at this point. But day to day, really, how is it going to be so different? Sure, Adeye is not going to offer her adopted kids back out, and she'll probably do all the advertising and whatever else she already does for the various Reese's Rainbow kids she features on her blog all the time for the actual orphan wards she takes in, so it's clear she's pushing them out, ideally. But it's gotta be weird. I mean, the family-member already-adopted kids will be living there, in the orphanage grounds(?), and seeing other kids leave to go to (presumably smaller) families.

Or maybe I'm just way off base and she's going to start this orphanage but run it with staff that isn't her and live completely separate from it? That would be less confusing for the kids. But how would she be able to manage that? Where is the funding coming from?

Plus, given what seem to be pretty strong "collecting" tendencies already, is she going to be able to stay away and keep her family life so separate? I have my doubts.

Granted, it's all just idle speculation on my part as I have not adopted any kids or know the first thing about running an orphanage, but it just seems there's the potential to be really weird, from those adopted kids' POV.

You certainly weren't the first, or only one - I had just reached my threshold of "must say something!"

I have a coworker currently going through the process and another who just delivered her baby this week. So there have been a few conversations about this at work, and I did hear them talking a few times that people saying "implant" would kinda grate at them, because they were constantly hoping that the transferred embryos *would* implant - but they weren't. :-( So when people talked about the process as implantation rather than transfer, it felt like even more of a failure when it wasn't successful because their bodies were skipping that crucial step that people seemed to assume was just automatic. My heart breaks a little whenever I talk to the coworker that's still trying and I hear that it hasn't worked yet.

:-( It is among my fears as well. All that money and time and drugs and pain and nothing. And IVF is hella expensive, especially when insurance covers little to none of it. Talking $15-20k per cycle. And quite a few people do not get pregnant the first round so now the couple is at $30-40k to conceive. I feel for them because I very likely will be in their shoes one day. I can only hope insurance starts to cover it more by then.

But yes, I could not think of the word so said implant, which is indeed not correct. Transfer is a far more accurate word, but for the life of me had blanked on it. For people unaware of the process, they most likely just do not know the correct word is transfer. They likely think of planting inside or when you put a medical device in, you implant it, so that is most likely why people confuse the terms. I do not think people assume it is just automatic, just that they do not know the correct terms to describe the process.

So, I think I need to take back my statement about the blog not being a direct cash cow.

Per this article about a speaking engagement for Anthony in March 2014, the blog receives around 25,000 hits per day. Damn. :shock:

rantoulpress.com/news/living/2014-03-18/gifford-church-revival-begin-sunday.html

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I dated a guy who was born in SA and came to the states as a child. It's definitely a thriving country, at least in some areas. But even he said, as much as he loved it there, he wouldn't move back now because he has child and the school systems aren't that amazing. (If he didn't have his child, he would move back in a heartbeat) Anyhow, he became a US citizen but still maintains his SA citizenship, so it's quite likely that Adeye still has her SA citizenship, as would the children who were born there. In fact, any children she has would be SA citizens if she filed the proper paperwork. Even her husband would get citizenship. I'm not sure what is all required, as my relationship with him never got to that level, but we did discuss it and it didn't seem like it was terribly difficult. It only got to be an issue if your passport expired and you didn't keep up with the paperwork in time.

Adeye met her husband in SA and lived there with him for years, so it's possible he's a SA citizen too.

With respect to dual citizenship, Americans CAN be dual citizens -- legally (I'm a dual US-Canadian citizen) & quietly (I know many, many people who are US citizens & have another passport on the down low).

So, I think I need to take back my statement about the blog not being a direct cash cow.

Per this article about a speaking engagement for Anthony in March 2014, the blog receives around 25,000 hits per day. Damn. :shock:

rantoulpress.com/news/living/2014-03-18/gifford-church-revival-begin-sunday.html

They game to GIFFORD????? Wow. I had no idea.

I'll admit some of those blog hits are mine, though... running adblock however :)

Adeye met her husband in SA and lived there with him for years, so it's possible he's a SA citizen too.

With respect to dual citizenship, Americans CAN be dual citizens -- legally (I'm a dual US-Canadian citizen) & quietly (I know many, many people who are US citizens & have another passport on the down low).

This thread is my first exposure to Adeye, so I apologize for not knowing that. If her husband was working in SA, then he had to have citizenship. At least that's how it is now.

I know people who have dual (and even tri) citizenship on the down low. Now if only one of them would marry me so I can get citizenship elsewhere, too. :lol:

This woman makes me stabby. I mean, seeing red kind of pissed off.

She makes Gil Bates look like an ameture grifter.

Oh...how can you help us with our umpteenth adoption that has little chance of the children surviving? Pray! and then give us money...

How can you help us with starting an orphanage half way across the world where I will travel with a potential high risk pregnancy and several severely disabled children? Pray! And then give us money....

She is a child collecting, self-absorbed, CRAZY, grifting whackjob. How is it possible that no one has stepped in to say, "Christ on a cracker woman, NO MORE BABEEZ FOR YOU." I can't even...I just can't.

Her poor children. Why is no one jumping in here to make some effing sense? WHY?

This woman makes me stabby. I mean, seeing red kind of pissed off.

She makes Gil Bates look like an ameture grifter.

Oh...how can you help us with our umpteenth adoption that has little chance of the children surviving? Pray! and then give us money...

How can you help us with starting an orphanage half way across the world where I will travel with a potential high risk pregnancy and several severely disabled children? Pray! And then give us money....

She is a child collecting, self-absorbed, CRAZY, grifting whackjob. How is it possible that no one has stepped in to say, "Christ on a cracker woman, NO MORE BABEEZ FOR YOU." I can't even...I just can't.

Her poor children. Why is no one jumping in here to make some effing sense? WHY?

I'm guessing people do and she deletes those comments. I've never commented on her blog but I remember a couple of posts talking about naysayers but not seeing much 'nay-saying' in the comments, so maybe I'm just guessing...

I'm guessing people do and she deletes those comments. I've never commented on her blog but I remember a couple of posts talking about naysayers but not seeing much 'nay-saying' in the comments, so maybe I'm just guessing...

Oh, I know she screens comments - I've commented on her blog before and it goes through "moderation." I just...UGH...

Oh please. It was me who gave the wrong term, and I've actually done it twice, unsuccessfully. We're not in medical school here, and most OBs don't even know the correct terms. At least I didn't use angel embryos or snowflake babies or whatever they are calling that sleeve of "adopted" embryos.

I do feel badly for her based on the most recent posts where they really think this will work. Been there, done that.

I admittedly haven't been following this trainwreck. What is wrong with the embryos? And why do they all need to be transferred at once?

I admittedly haven't been following this trainwreck. What is wrong with the embryos? And why do they all need to be transferred at once?

If only there were some way to read six pages back. May God guide you.

Her "tiniest loves" are now being thawed, and adeye has left her family and is now flying somewhere after a "phone consult" to have all four "tiniest darlings" transferred at once.

Doesn't she need to be monitored? Has she ever even met this doctor? Don't you have to have someone with you for the procedure? I thought they were very fragile, can you just ship embryos all over the place??? So confused.

Her "tiniest loves" are now being thawed, and adeye has left her family and is now flying somewhere after a "phone consult" to have all four "tiniest darlings" transferred at once.

Doesn't she need to be monitored? Has she ever even met this doctor? Don't you have to have someone with you for the procedure? I thought they were very fragile, can you just ship embryos all over the place??? So confused.

that is rather odd as well. if a clinic or doctor agreed to do this without seeing her first, i would seriously doubt the ethics of that doctor or clinic. and if that general ethics can be questioned, i think that could bring into question quite a few other things...plus, i have no clue how she's figuring on how she'll be followed throughout the pregnancy (if it will even take). ugh. i almost have to wonder if this is a front story so that she can give an end result to the whole snowflake adoption saga and focus on "moving to south africa". how much you wanna bet none of the embryos will take? hmmm. i have to wonder how much she's garnered in donations for this thing.

as far as the embryos being shipped, as far as i know, as long as they're shipped properly, they should be fine. at least, that's what i would figure.

how much you wanna bet that when she finally "finds" a doctor that will implant them all at once, that it will involve a lot of travel, potentially across the country.

but, you know, that's what god wants, so please help us in fulfilling his commands!

uh huh. yeah. i smell something rotten.

l-o-freaking-l i forgot i'd posted this earlier in this thread, and look what happened...she's traveling (presumably a good distance, since she flew) to have them implanted. for follow up, it's likely the same clinic will have to do it, which will involve more traveling. i think i need to get a job as a psychic or something, i'm getting good at predictions. :D

Archived