IGNORED

Jim Bob and Michelle took the Ice Bucket Challenge

FJismyheadship

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=51 ... =2&theater

The kids threw water on their parents heads. The Duggars said they donated to a place that does non embryotic stem cell research. Someone in the comments said they had never seen Michelle in pants before, and someone else said we probably never will. I would have posted a picture, but I will let someone else do that.

Couldnt they have worn tshirts and jeans/denim skirt? Why did they have to wear such nice clothes?

Enjoy

I just saw this and came here to see if anyone else had watched it yet, :lol:

She's wearing a skirt with leggings underneath, I think. Not pants. I don't know why they wore nice clothes, but at the same time, I'm not sure I've ever seen Michelle in a t-shirt. JimBob, maybe, but normally if he has a t-shirt on it's under a collared shirt of some kind. Maybe they didn't think wearing a t-shirt that might ~cling~ when wet would be modest? And I don't know that Michelle owns any... surely she is a different size from her young daughters.

I'm actually impressed that they did this, because even if they made certain everyone knew they were donating only to places that do non-embryonic research, the stunt/cause itself doesn't designate that it should be such. Trying to be part of a mainstream fad in which many people WILL give money to organizations that use embryonic stem cells, that surprised me. I have mixed feelings about the fad in general but I was convinced that, in spite of multiple nominations to do so, the Duggars would never participate. :?

Ugh she talks sooo annoying!!! They both are soo annoying when they talk!

I'm not surprised they did the challenge. Just another way to make themselves look fantastic. Another way to bring in attention. I doubt they care what ALS is or about helping the cause.

I rarely care for anything done by the Duggars, but I'm glad that they at least researched and found a way to contribute instead of just being ignorant and saying "Nope. We've heard that ALS research only involves stem cells."

I like that at the end they just said to get involved, without being overly preachy. I also like that they emphasized that it was for a good cause. For once they weren't bathing in hypocrisy, although it took them long enough to do the challenge.

I was surprised to see that Michelle wasn't wearing those damn Crocs that she always wears. I probably wouldn't wear the shoes that she was wearing, but it's a step in the right direction for her.

I know I shouldn't be surprised, because fundies treat women as second-class citizens, but I'm kind of annoyed by the way they tag the couples in their post, with the wives (I presume) in parentheses:

Now we challenge Mike Huckabee (and Janet), Kirk Cameron (and Chelsea) and Rick Santorum (and Karen).

The men's names are all links to their FB pages, which makes sense as they're the famous ones and they're probably their official pages, rather than linking to friends' personal ones. Obviously, then, they can't list the couples as "Mike and Janet Huckabee" because otherwise they wouldn't be able to tag Mike's page. However, could they not have listed the couples as "Janet and Mike Huckabee" rather than making the women's names afterthoughts? Apparently that's too much like putting the woman before the man, though.

I'm not surprised they did the challenge. Just another way to make themselves look fantastic. Another way to bring in attention. I doubt they care what ALS is or about helping the cause.

Call me a cynical bitch, but I'm not about to praise the Duggars for doing this. I bet their donation was miniscule. The Duggars are not known for being giving, charitable folks. And I learned more about their arrogant, pious attitude regarding embryonic stem cell research than I did about the horrors of ALS. I can't help but view the Duggars with a huge amount of side eye. Of course, their leg humpers are acting like they deserve a freakin' Nobel Peace Prize.

I know I shouldn't be surprised, because fundies treat women as second-class citizens, but I'm kind of annoyed by the way they tag the couples in their post, with the wives (I presume) in parentheses:

The men's names are all links to their FB pages, which makes sense as they're the famous ones and they're probably their official pages, rather than linking to friends' personal ones. Obviously, then, they can't list the couples as "Mike and Janet Huckabee" because otherwise they wouldn't be able to tag Mike's page. However, could they not have listed the couples as "Janet and Mike Huckabee" rather than making the women's names afterthoughts? Apparently that's too much like putting the woman before the man, though.

Not surprising. They also exclusively say "Daddy and Mommy" rather than give the idea that Mommy could do ANYTHING without Daddy.

This was fantastic, if only because a few of the kids & Grandma looked as if they really enjoyed throwing cold water on Jchelle & Boob. :lol:

I had to turn the sound off though about half way through because I don't feel like spending the next 7.5hours of work with a headache from Jchelle's squeal.

At least this is further proof that they're somewhat aware of pop culture. They seem to slowly be headed more mainstream, and the skinny jeans and leggings are a baby step.

It was also fun to see J'Chelle's mullet get drenched.

Did anyone else notice the lost girl (I think Jenny) pawing at Michelle's butt at the end of the clip? :lol:

I1PpMTQ.png

The youngest ones are always pawing at her. They haven't learned parenting isn't Mommy's job yet. She'll go to her buddy eventually.

What I liked was that they didn't make all of the adult kids come to the house and make it a huge production. I think Jinger was the only over 18 Duggar kid present. So that must mean the rest are off doing something else.

I also loved the fashionisto little Duggar boy with the skinny jeans and tangerine t-shirt and matching shoe laces. Some of those little kids are dressed really well....such a change from just a few years ago!

There is a picture of Josiah in the Comments- some lady saw him at the WalMart near the ALERT Center today and took a selfie with him. He looks sooo different- has that vacant smile and thousand yard stare.

The voice literally made my neck hair stand on end. For real... that "I am so cheery listen to my cheery godly CHEERY voice and how CHEERY AND GODLY IT IS!" just makes my hair want to jump out of my body and take cover, lol.

Reading some of the comments on their video just makes me chuckle. Yeeps man.... SHEEP! One person said that people should be careful because this kind of challenge can hurt someone medically so they shoudl nominate people that won't be hurt medically.... color me ignorant, but how can most people be hurt by this challenge? They don't want harm to come to those that participate or those that they nominate. I truly can not think of one medical reason that someone would be hurt by this challenge.... unless ya know, a medically fragile person did this in the middle of December. Can anyone enlighten me on how one may be hurt by the challenge?

The voice literally made my neck hair stand on end. For real... that "I am so cheery listen to my cheery godly CHEERY voice and how CHEERY AND GODLY IT IS!" just makes my hair want to jump out of my body and take cover, lol.

Reading some of the comments on their video just makes me chuckle. Yeeps man.... SHEEP! One person said that people should be careful because this kind of challenge can hurt someone medically so they shoudl nominate people that won't be hurt medically.... color me ignorant, but how can most people be hurt by this challenge? They don't want harm to come to those that participate or those that they nominate. I truly can not think of one medical reason that someone would be hurt by this challenge.... unless ya know, a medically fragile person did this in the middle of December. Can anyone enlighten me on how one may be hurt by the challenge?

Basically the shock from the cold can trigger heart arrhythmias, if you're healthy this probably won't hurt you but if you have an underlying medical condition it could be fatal. Forbes has a decent article explaining the medicine behind it.

www.forbes.com/sites/jvchamary/2014/08/ ... challenge/

Archived