IGNORED

Jim Bob and Michelle took the Ice Bucket Challenge

FJismyheadship

What I liked was that they didn't make all of the adult kids come to the house and make it a huge production. I think Jinger was the only over 18 Duggar kid present. So that must mean the rest are off doing something else.

I also loved the fashionisto little Duggar boy with the skinny jeans and tangerine t-shirt and matching shoe laces. Some of those little kids are dressed really well....such a change from just a few years ago!

It probably helps that they have more $$$ now as well. They get to shop at better "thrift" stores; and not in clothes that look they are from the 1920's and wouldn't look out of place on a) a table cloth or b) a couch. :roll:

It probably helps that they have more $$$ now as well. They get to shop at better "thrift" stores; and not in clothes that look they are from the 1920's and wouldn't look out of place on a) a table cloth or b) a couch. :roll:

I'm sure the money helps - but I think their old style of frumpers for the girls and matching polos and khakis on the boys was a deliberate choice. Even if they had shopped exclusively at Goodwill and flea markets back when they were broke they could have had much more current clothing. Plus all those matching outfits obviously aren't found at a thrift store.

I'm sure the money helps - but I think their old style of frumpers for the girls and matching polos and khakis on the boys was a deliberate choice. Even if they had shopped exclusively at Goodwill and flea markets back when they were broke they could have had much more current clothing. Plus all those matching outfits obviously aren't found at a thrift store.

We have a lot of second hand stores in my area and a lot of us shop them. None of us dress like the Duggars. There is no reason that even when they were doing strictly thrift stores they couldn't look just as fashionable as they do now.

We have a lot of second hand stores in my area and a lot of us shop them. None of us dress like the Duggars. There is no reason that even when they were doing strictly thrift stores they couldn't look just as fashionable as they do now.

Good point... that didn't occur to me.

Another thing that does is the fact they were living extremely frugally before TLC came along and maybe the modest, daggy clothing was also always on the discount rack?

I think also Michelle said she used to sew matching outfits?

Good point... that didn't occur to me.

Another thing that does is the fact they were living extremely frugally before TLC came along and maybe the modest, daggy clothing was also always on the discount rack?

I think also Michelle said she used to sew matching outfits?

Or they were buying tablecloths and bedding from thrift stores in ugly prints nobody wanted to use and chopping them up for clothing?

Or they were buying tablecloths and bedding from thrift stores in ugly prints nobody wanted to use and chopping them up for clothing?

Yes!!! That's a quick way to get a lot of fabric quite cheap, and it looks like she only sewed one or two different patterns. Bedsheets is also another possibility - vintage fabrics from op shops have a bit of a cult following here in Melbourne.

Yes!!! That's a quick way to get a lot of fabric quite cheap, and it looks like she only sewed one or two different patterns. Bedsheets is also another possibility - vintage fabrics from op shops have a bit of a cult following here in Melbourne.

Home sewn I can see. I can also see curtains/sheets being used for those home sewn projects. Thankfully, I'm in an area that the vintage fabrics haven't gained the cult following, it's happening in the states too, so I'm still able to get some. I love good vintage fabrics.

Archived